It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Noah's Ark Is (still) In Turkey: DISCOVERY !

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by sphinx551
Seriously?
People really think that the Noah's Ark existed and the story of Noah's Flood is true?

[edit on 3-3-2010 by sphinx551]

Seriously?

You been living in a cave or something?

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by RedBird

Here it is in Wikipedia:

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Mods please delete.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Seriously?
People really think that the Noah's Ark existed and the story of Noah's Flood is true?

Christian creationist website that uses science to reject the concept of a global flood and a young earth.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by letthereaderunderstand

WOW! That is actually a really interesting take on it. Do you have any other links or info ?

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Well, I'm convinced that this is it. And I like how the finding of iron, aluminum, and titanium in the large rivets brings in the 'alien ET' association.

[edit on 3/3/2010 by Larryman]

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
The ark was apparently around, and its location known, in the days of some of the early historical Writers, for example Flavious Josephus:

However, the Armenians call this place , the Place of Descent; for the ark being saved in that place, its remains are showed there by the inhabitants to this day.
Now all the writers of barbarian histories make mention of this flood, and of this ark; among whom is Berossus the Chaldean. For when he was describing the circumstances of the flood, he goes on thus: "It is said, there is still some part of this ship in Armenia, at the mountain of the Cordyaeans; and that some people carry off pieces of the bitumen, which they take away, and use chiefly as amulets, for the averting of mischiefs."--Hieronymus the Egyptian also, who wrote the Phenician antiquities, and Manases, and a great many more, make mention of the same. Nay, Nicholas of Damascus, in his ninety-sixth book, hath a particular relation about them; where he speaks thus: "There is a great mountain in Armenia, over Minyas, called Baris, upon which it is reported, that many who fled at the time of the deluge were saved; and that one who was carried in an ark, came on shore upon the top of it; and that the remains of the timber were a great while preserved. This might be the man about whom Moses the legislator of the Jews wrote."

Theophilus of Antioch:

"and of the ark, the remains are to this day to be seen in the Arabian mountains."

Epiphanius of Salamis:

"Do you seriously suppose that we are unable to prove our point, when even to this day the remains of Noah's Ark are shown in the country of the Kurds?"

Originally posted by Schmidt1989
Haha this is a joke. Assuming that natural formation were a ship, surely it's too small to fit every living and ever-have-lived creature.

Only absolute biblical literalists make that claim. Most people I know accept that the flood was more of a local event, possibly caused by an asteroid impact into Umm al Binni lake, Iraq, around 3000BC. There is scientific evidence to back up such an event…

the impact may have taken place between 3000 and 5000 years BP (Master 2002). During this time period, the Al Amarah region was under the Persian Gulf at a depth of approximately 10 m (Larsen & Evans 1978: 237). Impact induced tsunamis would have devastated coastal Sumerian cities. This may provide an alternate origin of the 2.6 m sediment layer discovered during an excavation of the Sumerian city of Ur by Leonard Wooley in 1954. Descriptive passages in The Epic of Gilgamesh (circa 1600-1800 BCE) may describe such an impact and tsunami, suggesting a link to the Sumerian Deluge (Matthews 2001; Britt 2001):

Originally posted by IntastellaBurst
You would think they would be able to get a scientist out there to confirm this after say ...... 30 years !!!

They have done several, and the Turkish government confirms that they believe it to be the ark:

The Turkish government has double-verified Mr. Wyatt's tests, and they have given him credit for the discovery. The announcement appeared in Turkey's largest newspaper on June 21, 1987. The area was first designated a National Park, and then it was upgraded to the status of a National Treasure. The government has built a visitors' center overlooking the site and issued official tourist brochures so people of all races can come and see the ark!

Originally posted by IntastellaBurst
If that really was the ark, or even a ship, .... the whole structure would be petrified wood wouldnt it ???
why only just a plank ?

Your answers are in here:

1) It is in the shape of a boat, with a pointed bow and rounded stern.
2) Exact length as noted in biblical description, 515 feet or 300 Egyptian cubits. (Egyptian not Hebrew cubit would have been known to Moses who studied in Egypt then wrote Genesis.)
3) It rests on a mountain in Eastern Turkey, matching the biblical account, "The ark rested . . . upon the mountains of Ararat" Genesis 8:4. (Ararat being the name of the ancient country Urartu which covered this region.)
4) Contains petrified wood, as proven by lab analysis.
5) Contains high-tech metal alloy fittings, as proven by separate lab analyses paid for by Ron Wyatt, then performed later by Kevin Fisher of this web site. Aluminum metal and titanium metal was found in the fittings which are MAN-MADE metals!
6) Vertical rib timbers on its sides, comprising the skeletal superstructure of a boat. Regular patterns of horizontal and vertical deck support beams are also seen on the deck of the ark.
7) Occupied ancient village at the ark site at 6,500 ft. elevation matching Flavius Josephus' statement "Its remains are shown there by the inhabitants to this day."
8) Dr. Bill Shea, archaeologist found an ancient pottery sherd within 20 yards of the ark which has a carving on it that depicts a bird, a fish, and a man with a hammer wearing a headdress that has the name "Noah" on it. In ancient times these items were created by the locals in the village to sell to visitors of the ark. The ark was a tourist attraction in ancient times and today.
9) Recognized by Turkish Government as Noah's Ark National Park and a National Treasure. Official notice of its discovery appeared in the largest Turkish newspaper in 1987.
10) Visitors' center built by the government to accommodate tourists further confirms the importance of the site.
11) Huge anchor stones were found near the ark and in the village Kazan, 15 miles away, which hung off the rear of the ark to steady its ride.
12) The ark rests upon Cesnakidag (or Cudi Dagi) Mountain, which is translated as "Doomsday" Mountain.
13) Dr. Salih Bayraktutan of Ataturk University stated, "It is a man made structure, and for sure it's Noah's Ark" Common Sense. This same article also states "The site is immediately below the mountain of Al Judi, named in the Qur'an as the resting place of the Ark." Houd Sura 11:44
14) Radar scans show a regular pattern of timbers inside the ark formation, revealing keels, keelsons, gunnels, bulkheads, animal chambers, ramp system, door in right front, two large barrels in the front 14' x 24', and an open center area for air flow to all three levels.

link   
reply to post by Kaiju

I think that is a bit of a stretch dude. Why would you assume it is the liberals? There could even be a cover up from the right wing.

link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
You been living in a cave or something?

What do you mean?

LOL what do you mean what do I mean?

I meant you should know by now that many people believe this, and many people believe many different things than your own belief. It's a fact of life.

Peace.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
and many people believe many different things than your own belief. It's a fact of life.

Peace.

I am sorry, I just didn't get what you meant at first glance for some reason.
Now, I get what you mean.
Thanks.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Thirty or more years ago, I was spending my hard-saved pennies to buy paperback editions of books claiming to hold the truth about the Ark, complete with grainy photos purporting to show its outline beneath ice and snow

Back then, I decided I should accept the Bible whole, or not at all

These days I don't believe there was a literal Noah's Ark, although I could accept the discovery of an ancient ship (which I would most likely interpret as being probably Phoenician and probably cast impossibly high by one or other catastrophic events as suggested by Velikovsky

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Novise
A better question is, will all those who did not believe without perfect evidence of the ark go to hell?

While I now with undeniable proof of God, confess to Jesus go to heaven?

You're a real #ed up individual, I'd rather go to hell than be anywhere near a heaven full of people like you.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...#

Heres a video on the site showing the anchors with crosses, noahs house and even the grave marker of his wife where the said the grave was robbed and the jewelry of his wife was sold on the black market.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
National Geographic already did a special on this.
channel.nationalgeographic.com...-Videos/02241_00

Why didn't god just stop the flood instead of making Noah build a boat to save all of animals? He is supposedly all powerful right? He could have done it. He can't interfere? But he can interfere enough to tell Noah a flood is coming and how to build a boat...? He could have at least built the boat for Noah.

God must have caused the flood which killed everything and everyone that wasn't on the boat. Now why would he do that? That's not very nice, they must have been non-believers. That will show them!

You'd think god would have just told Noah to herd all the animals up, then walk up a hill. That solves that problem.

[edit on 3-3-2010 by tooo many pills]

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeathShield
reply to post by letthereaderunderstand

WOW! That is actually a really interesting take on it. Do you have any other links or info ?

Here's a wiki article over the dispute of Gopher wood though they haven't completely figured it out yet, still thinking wood is attached.

The wood is a stumbling block, always has been always will be.

What people need to understand is that the bible is one story, just one that's it. The world is done at the end of Genesis 1:31. Every other book and chapter is nothing more then a reiteration of the same story with increasing detail. Like zooming in from space to see your house. The point is your house, the picture is the world.

Rev 11:8 And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.

Gopher wood or gopherwood is a term used once in the Bible, for the substance from which Noah's ark was built. Gen 6:14 states that Noah was to build the Ark of גפר, gofer, more commonly gopher wood, a word not otherwise known in the Bible or in Hebrew.

Its identity has not been established with certainty. Older English translations, including the King James Version (17th century), simply leave it untranslated.
[edit] Question over identity

The Greek Septuagint (3rd–1st centuries BC) translated it as xylon tetragonon, "squared timber".[1] Similarly, the Latin Vulgate (5th century AD) rendered it as lignis levigatis (lævigatis, in the Clementine Vulgate), "smoothed (possibly planed) wood".

The Jewish Encyclopedia believes it was most likely a translation of the Babylonian "gushure i÷ erini" (cedar-beams), or the Assyrian "giparu" (reed).[2]

Many modern English translations tend to favour cypress (although otherwise the word for "cypress" in Biblical Hebrew is brosh). This was espoused (among others) by Adam Clarke, a Methodist theologian famous for his commentary on the Bible: Clarke cited the resemblance between Greek word for cypress, kuparisson and the Hebrew word gophar.

Other suggestions include pine, cedar, fir, ebony, wicker, juniper, acacia, boxwood, slimed bulrushes and resinous wood, and even American trees such as Cladrastis kentukea (American yellowwood), although the latter did not exist in the region the ark was supposedly built.

Others, noting the physical similarity between the Hebrew letters g and k, suggest that the word may actually be kopher, the Hebrew word meaning "pitch"; thus kopher wood would be pitched wood. Recent suggestions have included a lamination process (to strengthen the Ark), or a now-lost type of tree, but there is no consensus.[3]

Even the Stones will cry out...

Peace

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   
If Noahs arc is true, then why do kangaroos still exist?

You think they wouldve been wiped out in a flood considering nobody had been here at that time

[edit on 3/3/2010 by OzWeatherman]

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by DarkspARCS

I read most of the article, it seems very compelling at first but at the bottom of the page its linked to Viewzone. Viewzone isn't exactly NatGeo and has a lot of nonsense and outright fabrication from what I've seen.

Sorry but until an official archeological announcement is made I'm very very very very very very skeptical of this.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I will bypass the contradictions found in the linked text, for now.

I just posted an inquiry with the lab mentioned in the article, if they verify that they indeed run the tests and found what the article claims they found then we will have something to work with. If, however, they deny any relation to this, I am sorry but I will be forced to yell "HOAX" at the top of my lungs

all we have to do is wait a while until they answer

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
www.squidoo.com...

Heres some more of the history of the site going back to 1977 when Turkey decided it was the Ark. theres also pictures of the graves, anchors, house and walls.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join