It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michael Moore: There's Going to be a Second Crash (And Glenn Beck Can [SNIP])

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Source: www.huffingtonpost.com...

We all have divided opinions about Michael Moore, and I know he is no Nostradamus, but even he sees the writing on the wall...

Can we fix the broken political and economic system in America? It's not going to get fixed. There's going to be another crash. The commercial real estate bubble hasn't burst yet. That's going to burst. The credit card debt is so huge right now, it will never be repaid. That's a house of cards waiting to fall. So the crash of '08 is going to look like coming attractions. And we're in for a much, much worse time.

What he thinks of Democrats and Republicans: You know, I tell you, these Democrats are disgusting. Wimps and wusses and weasels. You know, get some spine. This is why I have to admire the Republicans. They at least stand for something. They at least have the courage of their convictions. They get elected to office, they come into town, and they go "Get outta my way, there's a new sheriff in town. This is the way we're doing things. Get outta here." And then they do it. You know. I mean what they do is crazy. But dammit, they are good at it. We should take a page out of their book.

Edited censor circumvention in title

[edit on 3/3/10 by masqua]

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Looks like Micheal Moore has been listening to Ron Paul. Good for him. He still has much to learn....

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by aravoth

The following Ron Paul advertisement was brought to you by Delusion - The cologne for people that think Ron Paul isn't a raging hypocrite or has any chance to be President. Ever.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by aravoth

i actually remember him getting schooled by dr paul in an interview, maybe he learnt his lesson about mixing up capitalism and being controlled by companies

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
That's exactly why I like Michael Moore. He has the balls to say what needs to be said, I have respect for all politicians and politically motivated people that speak their minds like this.

btw nice picture OP

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
If you cannot say something nice about someone, do not say anything.

MM.............................

Cannot even go here.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
That's exactly why I like Michael Moore. He has the balls to say what needs to be said, I have respect for all politicians and politically motivated people that speak their minds like this.

btw nice picture OP

He has balls? Can you confirm that?

I dare you to try to find them under his layers of [snip] lard!

Deleted political sniping remark

[edit on 3/3/10 by masqua]

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
double post.
sorry.

[edit on 3-3-2010 by JonInMichigan]

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
This is probably the wrong place to ask this, and I do not want to de-rail the thread. but.. as i was reading, I had a sudden thought.

The articles says the credit-card debt will NEVER be repaid.

Here's my pondering mind's question..

If the currency we use is a flat currency, backed by nothing, thin air. Then doesn't that mean the debt is also a flat number.

We used credit for stuff, and creidt is a flat number.. (you can't hold credit in your hand, eat it or such.. it's a thought).

Then doesn't that mean that if we had a large planet-wide EMP blast, everything kept track of via credit, debt, etc.. would not exist.

in-tangible money, in-tangible debt.. /cough

QAm i off my rocker?

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I don't often agree with MM, I think he's right this time.

Have you heard about Rangel?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Shameless plug for my first thread.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by JonInMichigan
He has balls? Can you confirm that? I dare you to try to find them under his layers of [snip] lard!

So what does his size have to do with whether or not he is right? Is that your measure of truthiness? His waist size?

He's got the stones to get up there in front of God and everyone to say his piece...and the only sucessful lawsuit against him came out of Roger and Me:

This is the only movie where there has been a successful lawsuit against Michael Moore - filed by former friend Larry Stecco who successfully argued that his portrayal in the movie was not an accurate reflection of his character ("False light invasion of privacy" is the legal term) and won. Stecco was interviewed attending a society fund raising ball and was made out to be a high-society rich pig who partied while people where starving outside. He was actually a lawyer who worked pro-bono for the poorer residents of Flint. 0xdb.org...

Which is to say, if he lies, how come the gloriously litigatenous US court system can't nail him for it?

I'm guessing that comes of making judgments based on more than just physical appearances.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Cygnis

You're exactly right. Wipe out all of the "money" that only exists as zeros and ones in computers and the "debt" that is nothing more than a lie that is used to justify slavery and then the new world order will fall flat on its face.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Of course he is right! That's what Ron Paul, Peter Schiff, and the entire Tea Party movement have been saying for years!!!

Geez. I mean, it's like you guys just woke up and smelled the coffee and are now all impressed with yourselves!

No matter how you cut it, borrowing your way out of debt does not work. Will not work. Never has worked in history (you mean like in books and everything? what are those? Readin' is fer nerds!)

It should be obvious to anyone, no matter how mentally challanged that borrowing to bandaid the problem leads to a bigger crash!

Keynesian economics only work if you are short-sited or dim-witted.

Example for the slow to catch on:
---------------------------------------
"Honey, you lost your job, how are we going to pay the mortgage?"

"Easy Sweetie! I just borrowed $10k on our credit card to get us through the tough times! (stimulus) With the 10k I can pay our house payment and the credit card bill each month until things magically get better! I can also pay you to mow our lawn now, instead of the neighbor kid!"

"Oh honey, you're sooooo smart!"

[ fast forward a couple of months ]

"Honey... um... you still don't have a job and now we owe 10k plus hundreds in interest, plus we still can't pay the house payment and we are out of money to pay ourselves to mow our own lawn."

"Hmmm... I believe there WILL be a second crash Sweetie! It's gonna be worse than the first!"

"Oh honey... you're sooooo smart that you can see that coming! That's why I married you! But what should we do?"

"No problem sweetie, I'll just call the credit card company and have them raise our debt limit so we can borrow another $10k. That ought to fix everything!"

"Oh my gosh sweetie.... you REALLY know how to keep our household running smoothly!"

"No problem honey, it's gonna be a long slow recovery but we can't sit by and just do nothing!"

Bwaaahhhaaaaaa!!! This is really how these people in control think and you are ACTUALLY giving them complements on seeing a crash coming?

Couldn't anyone in government run this scenario through to its ugly conclusion back in 2007? I mean come on! You insult your own intelligence by giving these idiot props!

[typo]

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Oh and if anyone didn't understand... my last post was called an analogy...say it with me an-al-ogy.

There ya are! Good!

Now pretend for a moment that the govenment gets it money from us through taxes. But then they turn around and give us a job or some other entitlement like oh say, free school, wic cards, unemployment extensions, phoney balony road work jobs... how is that any different than borrowing money on your credit card and then paying yourself to mow your own lawn?

Why is everyone's heads so far up the butts they don't get this? It's simple and it WON'T WORK.

MM is NO genius. He is just a slob who takes advantage of the fact that people can't seem to add 2+2 when he talks. Same goes for Barry the Bozo. It's all about, "well - let's just fix this the easy way and worry about tomorrow, tomorrow."

[typo]

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by JonInMichigan
Oh and if anyone didn't understand... my last post was called an analogy...say it with me an-al-ogy.

There ya are! Good!

I'm not sure why you figure we are having so much trouble translating what you are saying into what might pass for meaningful discourse.

I'd go so far as to say we'd get the point even if it didn't verge on the offensive.

Mind you, that doesn't equate to agreeing with you.

top topics

join