It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is God Turning Into an Alien?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Recently, I've been reading a lot of very intriguing threads on ATS concerning the existence, and nature, of God.

LifeForever8 had a really insightful thread that stated God is simply a human construct, necessary from an evolutionary standpoint. Read the thread here

While mulling over the theories expressed in that thread, I began to wonder. Is humanity simply switching off "God" and switching on "Alien?"

In other words, if god is simply a human abstract and we abandon that abstract but in turn aquire a belief in aliens, have we really made a switch?

I realize it boils down to your belief about God and aliens. I'm still trying to figure out where I stand on both of those issues, which is why I'd like to pose a couple of questions to my fellow ATSers.

1. Do you believe in God? If so, would you classify God as
benevolent: (wants to help us)
malevolent: (wants to harm us)
indifferent: (could care less)

2. Do you believe in aliens? If so, would you classify aliens as
benevolent
malevolent
indifferent

Just to clarify, this thread isn't about religion, but a belief in god. Thanks so much!

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
How I see it, the bible was written in a time where man was ignorant to a number of things. They didn't have the smarts that an average person has today. It is completely absurd to think the bible hasn't been fixed up here or there through the large portion of time it had existed. Combine human error with the fact that these old school men would use God with things they simply couldn't explain or fathom.

Do I believe in God?

I believe that there is a higher power and I also believe this unknown entity is benevolent and responsible for the creation of all in the universe, to some extent.

Do I believe in Aliens?

Yes, I do. Also, I think Aliens hold a significant role in the creation of Earth and its many mysteries. ( Great pyramids, crop circles, etc. ) I believe there are Alien's of a benevolent and malevolent nature just like the people of Earth.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Simply J

Thank you for your response.

I've always viewed the Bible as somewhat suspect, myself, simply because of your reasoning. Why in the world would we hold an ancient manuscript to the same standards as science today....yet some people insist on doing just that.

Thanks again for playing

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
God is an alien... Only aliens "come from above".

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Great thread. I kid you not my wife and I were discussing this VERY thing last night. She is new to the ATS world and I am trying to help her etc...

Anyway, prior to becoming a member on ATS, I thought God was God. Plain and simple (as taught and live by day in and out).

Since then, with hours and hours of reading various threads and whatnot, I have found myself swinging to: The God as taught to us today (mainstream religion etc) was a concept developed 1000s of years ago by people who could hardy descibe a wheel, let alone a supreme power/UFO/Aliens etc after experiencing them (UFO/Aliens).

I mean, honestly, if a cloud of smoke appeared before you while you were out hiking-saying your name and things about you no one would know, turing your hair white, speaking in tremous voice(s) etc, you would think they were pretty powerful etc-God if you will (especially if that is what he said "I am God-your creator etc")-you would carry whatever he gave you back to the people (10 commandments).

Now, and getting to your two questions,

1 & 2: I believe both are God and both are Alien (or his angels etc) and that they are very beneovlent. That is why He gave Moses the 10 commandments-to guide us through life and it's challenges [example]. They come here (or are here) as to watch over us-as much as possible.

Now, for the "bad" aliens. They are the ones who God cast out of his world-alien world. They are the ones coming here to snack on us and/or do experiments etc.

All that being said-in the generalist terms/way I can say is that over time, we have grown much more than they believed we would or from what they wanted us to be. From pre-Christ to now-WOW....

Now they do what they can. Meaning-stopping us from killing each other on a large scale. So, they mess with the Nukes, meet w/ certain gov'ts etc. Pretty benovolent I would say. I think they could wipe us out if they wanted to.

If I ever get a chance, one of the first questions I want to ask is about GOD-do they beleive, is there ONE etc.

Now about Earth. Why here? Why they all coming here? With that whole big universe out there? Why? because it all started here on Earth. They have since left etc and come back here as this is the seed of life in the universe. God/Aliens are here already. We just can't preceive that on a normal day to day basis. From the Rods, to UFO's, to Aliens sights and contacts etc etc. We are being not invaded..... we are living in a co-existence state-but they control as we don't see or know our "human" role in all of this.

But whatever the case I wonder what "they" are doing. Like: tell us what the freaking Giza Plateu structures are, who built them, how and for what purpose. (If they are here to help and guide us etc). Help us grow as a human race FASTER-end the mysery.

I guess one could also make the point they are indifferent and come here/live here for other reasons we can not understand (and maybe really don't want to know why......)

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

I doubt everything "started" here on Earth. If you do a little research, the pyramids were built long before the bible or anything remotely human existed. Now this isn't fact with hard evidence, it is moreso along the lines of common sense. Also, there are pyramids in Mars. How could Earth be the focal point if it's mysteries with which modern day science can not figure out, is also in a different planet?

Intelligent Design.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
1. Do you believe in God? If so, would you classify God as....

I do believe in God! and would class it as benevolent, and here to help, but we have to help ourselve's first imo!

2. Do you believe in aliens? If so, would you classify aliens as....

I think I believe in aliens yes, but that's about where it ends. I've never gave it that much thought so can't really come to any conclusions yet!

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   
firstly. God doesn't turn into anything. This is mans idea of what god is.

God is and always was. And the prophets said in the end times false lies and stuff like movies would be created because of mans idolism to lead souls further from him.

This whole age has been predicted, the age of technology right before antichrist.

Antichrist will use the idea of aliens at his disposla from what i hear.

Aliens IMO are governement experiments hidden. They created the ships in the late 40s. Stealing scientists ideas, and creating what was to be a war machine that runs on a free energy. no cost.

The aliens are really either demons or government officials.

They will be used during antichrist reign, because Satan is the king of the air and he runs this time we are in.

If aliens were real, which God didn't say they were, they would have taken us over years ago or made them selves known.

Now is God real?

Ofcourse I believe that. Is he indifferent?

It's impossible. We as humans have the ability to love. We care. God put it there. For a creator to not have what he put in us, is not common sense and unfathomable.

So he cares. But he watches and works through our ability to love. Molds saints out of us.

I care for an insect on the wall. How much more the author of love? Alot.

Keep searching Op and you will find the answers you look for.

peace.

new topics

top topics

join