It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Australian Fish Fall & Charles Fort's Reply

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
What really pisses me off isn't the fact I didn't catch any keepers, but the fact that 2 days in a row my fish bait fell out of my gyroplane while going through a storm. Glad I wasn't using chicken livers for bait again.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by zbrain75

Flying Fish are not a phenomenon; they are a particular species of fish. These were not Flying Fish.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raider of Truth
reply to post by In nothing we trust

Would that not indicate there is a tear in time?

Which means..theorectically that a T-rex could suddenly appear or a Spinosaur or even a nest of raptors maybe an entire forest in the middle of a lake.

Interesting though..but shouldn't the fish be examined properly before saying they could be from 6 million years ago?

Still it is a very interesting theory with some scary consequences if there is a rip in time.

Maybe they are from 60 million years ago or 60 million years from the future.

Yes I would think examining the fish would be a good idea.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by In nothing we trust

Someone's going to try carbon dating them, and the second the study finishes, they're going to freeze and say "Oh, right. They died in 2010..."

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by recycled
Could this same phenomenon have occurred 2000 years ago spawning the story of Jesus feeding the multitudes?
The people came with 2 fish and left with 7 baskets full. This is the first thing I thought of when I heard the story. I know it doesn't give theory to how it happened, but insight perhaps to one of the stories from the bible.

I think that occured in His hands. But when God smote the Egyptians, they had plagues of frogs, lice, flies, thunder and hail, and locust plus other things that aren't germain to this conversation.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
For what little I can offer on the subject, I'm from that region and both of my parents worked all around the area. They were individually unsurprised at the reports of falling fish, claiming that the phenomenon had occurred there many times in the past.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   

No water spout or tornado has actually ever been OBSERVED picking up fish and dumping them live on the ground....alive....over hundreds of miles. No way.

OH please!
Its perfectly feasable, look at these Images!

www.feandft.com...

weblogs.marylandweather.com...

onemom.files.wordpress.com...

farm4.static.flickr.com...

Seriously pal, you 'WANT TO BELEIVE' dont you!

How about this theory. Recently there were bushfires in western australia,
for the last few years, we have used ericson crane choppers to fight them
see this vid from south australia

www.youtube.com...

suppose the thing used water from a natural source, sucking up the fish, and leaked some while traveling to the firefronts, 2 days in a row. They were alive because they were in water, and the impact didnt kill them all because they didnt fall from that high.

Plausable? More than prayers or miracles Id wager!

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by wayaboveitall

As far as I can tell, those only prove that waterspouts exist, which was never under inquiry.

further, any question along those lines was not whether or not waterspouts could pick up fish; It was whether they could 1) Pick up fish and 2) carry them a few hundred miles without killing them.

And the statement was in fact that they had not been observed doing so at the time of any of these fishfall incidents!

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
People have reported witnessing fish falls, one might assume that they happened to notice if the weather at the time was conductive to the phenomena, or instead was still, blue sky, no?

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Did everyone read the article?

It pretty much tells you what happened in the title.

Fish fall out of the rain-filled sky in Northern Territory town of Lajamanu.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

There was a large storm that created a strong updraft. Fish, frogs, umbrellas, anything you want have been falling from the sky for a very long time. Many weather conditions can cause such phenomena. Its even possible for the fish to be frozen when they come back down.

Here at least read the wiki page. To think it is anything else but a weather phenomena is just crazy.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I agree testrat, Though I think the chopper theory is also reasonable.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by testrat

What about all the incidents that have occurred in the absence of strong storms? How do storms account for those? There have been tons of animal rains in the absence of any sort of storm that could've cast them up.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Were not discussing those Sol, were discussing THIS one.
Show me 'Tons' of fish falls and evidence that that occured on clear stormless days and we can begin to dissect each one by one.
I would think weather/atmospheric phenomena would account for most, theres alot we dont know about weather also, hell, your weatherman cant get it right without looking out the window, weather dosent always behave as predicted.
Ithink you'll find most of these 'falls' you claim, have no evidence what so ever beyond heresay.

one or two with prosaic explaination likely...

In one incident, a 55-year-old man who was caught in a tadpole downpour described hearing a strange sound in the parking lot of a civic centre in the city of Nanao.
Upon further exploration, he found more than 100 dead tadpoles covering the windshields of cars in an area measuring 10 square metres

Pelican with a bill full of food regurtitates/dropsit as it flys over. No mystery exceptingwhy it dropped its food.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

The sky wasn't falling. She says it was worms, large tangled clumps of them.

cyclonic type wind, worms surface, as evidenced by the fact birds eat them, especially after rain.

www.wafb.com...

self explanitory

www.spc.noaa.gov...

use google translator for this unless you speak spanish (rains fish every year)

In the center is Yoro Honduras, where time
walks so slowly, where reality merges with fantasy,
insomuch that every year there is an alleged rain lives of fish,
event which has sought to explain to a legend.

www.elsalvador.com...

[edit on 6-3-2010 by wayaboveitall]

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Solasis

Do you have any specific examples? Impossible to comment without any further background info.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join