It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The TRUE Evil: The Christian Agenda

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

Why would I want to subject my mind to YOUR hate of my faith?
I did read other posts on this thread before I posted my reply.
I just didn't read all of yours!

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I am not sure which Bible you are reading, but the one I read talks against doing things like that. If it is true then the one's that did it corrupted their own souls in the process. As a believer in Christ, I know how he would feel about people doing that. What makes it worse is that some people use stories such as these to try and say that it is proof that Christians are evil and their faith is a lie. lol. Well even IF your Opinion of said events happened for your reasoning, Christ cannot be held responsible for giving a message of love and peace. The men who you say did these said actions have received their reward on earth. That will have no affect on my belief in Christ. I have read and experienced his words, and know without doubt they are true.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Great post, and it's exactly why I get so annoyed at people mixing religion and politics.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Wow and this thread is allowed on here? Complete ignorant as hell basing of Christians? Wow man you have no clue on what you are even talking bout OP.
I'm sure you will have a great time in your after life.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alienmojo

That's very cool of you to volunteer at the food bank and try to be Christ-like, but I don't agree with you saying your a follow of Jesus when you ignore half the stuff he teached. Denying his divinity kind of cancels the following of him, don't you think.

I think what you mean to say is that although you don't follow him, you think he was a good man, a man you look up to, and your making a conscious effort to live your life like his.

[edit on 26-2-2010 by Alienmojo]

Once again, people seem to find better words for my thoughts than I do

I "look up to him", as you say, but I believe his divinity to be a pure construct of the church; used primarily for manipulation and control at first, and then it was left to run its course.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   
It would be good to differentiate between religion and church though. Religion by itself isn't harmful, and can be a good thing...the church though has time and again messed up big time, as history shows.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   

I agree here 110% with everything stated.
I am a very spiritual person, I have a relationship with the Great Spirit.
We need no church, we need no religion, we need no middle-man granting us the ear of god. We need donate no money, fear no hell, condemn no person.

Love, Forgive, Accept.

Its amazing to me that Christians don't ever act like Christ.
I mean really, I am way not christian but have the Christ-mind in my heart. I love, accept and forgive, I help those in need and I offer all with no selfishness. If I can do for you I will. If I cannot I will help find you someone who can. Oh wait, I cannot be like this, I am a pagan, a demon worshiper a whore of Sata, so never mind, stone me

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Not sure how to reply to this.

I dont think most people who follow Christiananity are evil but I feel we have all been manipulated, Most religions if not all, as it comes from the same source in my view.

I always wondered why the Romans and Herod crucified Jesus for his teachings and then took on the religion of Christiananity?

something somewhere has got twisted and distorted history.

Hippolytus of Rome (c. 170-c. 236) held that the Antichrist would come from the tribe of Dan and would rebuild the Jewish temple in order to reign from it. He identified the Antichrist with the Beast out of the Earth from the book of Revelation.

Thhis is what they did to him in my view for telling the truth and spreading the word.

Hippolytus of Rome

Prophetic exegesis
In the fragments from his Commentary on the Prophet Daniel, and also in his monumental Treatise on Christ and Antichrist, Hippolytus gives an exposition of Daniel's paralleling prophecies of chapters 2 and 7, which he, in common with other Church fathers, asserts pertain to the Babylonians, Medo-Persians, Greeks, and Romans.[5]

“ 3. As these things, then, are destined to come to pass, and as the toes of the image turn out to be democracies, and the ten horns of the beast are distributed among ten kings, let us look at what is before us more carefully, and scan it, as it were, with open eye. The “golden head of the image” is identical with the “lioness,” by which the Babylonians were represented. “The golden shoulders and the arms of silver” are the same with the “bear,” by which the Persians and Medes are meant. “The belly and thighs of brass” are the “leopard,” by which the Greeks who ruled from Alexander onwards are intended. The “legs of iron” are the “dreadful and terrible beast,” by which the Romans who hold the empire now are meant. The “toes of clay and iron” are the “ten horns” which are to be. The “one other little horn springing up in their midst” is the “antichrist.” The stone that “smites the image and breaks it in pieces,” and that filled the whole earth, is Christ, who comes from heaven and brings judgment on the world.

en.wikipedia.org...

What I really think still not 100% sure is its all got switched round, We think we are following good but its possible we have all been lied to and the correct meanings are just pure distortion of facts.

President George W. Bush on Gog and Magog

The French ex-President Jacques Chirac recounted during an interview with the French journalist Jean-Claude Maurice how the U.S. President George Walker Bush asked him in 2003 during a phone conversation for support of the invasion of Iraq. In Maurice's book Si vous le répétez, je démentirai George W. Bush is documented to have said “Gog and Magog are at work in the Middle East", "The biblical prophecies are being fulfilled", and "This confrontation is willed by God, who wants to use this conflict to erase his people’s enemies before a New Age begins.

en.wikipedia.org...

Gog and Magog are guardians of London.

Now who is Gog and Magog?

I already know what they come from according to the scriptures.
Its up to us all to look and not blindly follow.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   

I would go even further than the OP. Jesus did not even actually exist. If you read the Bible and then try and verify with history, you will understand.
reply to post by BillfromCovina

The way Christ died on the cross should be as insignificant as so many
others who died in this way. He should not be remembered by any means at all. Yet this is hardly the case. The fact that the whole world has come to realise the name of Jesus Christ as the most recognised name in history. I think that fact alone speaks for itself.
How much more of miracle it would be, if he didn't exist at all? So either way your point works against the non believer. I'm sure he did but
you can push that tripe all you want.

Its amazing to me that Christians don't ever act like Christ

Is it also amazing to you that no one prays to you for forgiveness?

[edit on 26-2-2010 by randyvs]

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   

you are correct in my eyes that the organization of Christianity has used it's power to control through fear. But a person is an individual and has the ability to rationalize their own personal belief system. There are those who would rather not put too much effort into figuring out what life is all about and those people need the safety that the church offers. That doesn't make them bad people. Just as someone, like you, who has decided your truth. I have no right to tell you you are wrong. Your truth belongs to you alone. But everyone has theirs. Respect that.

My truth helps me deal with the fact that murder is illegal. I like people. I am a protective type person. I hate to see anyone hurt. Even my enemys. But when I see someone intentionally hurting someone weaker, i want to kill the oppressor. Since that is illegal, I am content knowing that they will get what they deserve in the end. the afterlife I believe in will deal with their souls. And in my mind, I hope that even the people who claim to be agnostic and atheist will have a place in the afterlife. Not because of what they believe, but because they were good people in this life.

In life on earth there are plenty of sides to be taken and fights to be faught, but when we die, the only struggle we should endure is who to share our good fortune with.(IMHO)

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   
This thread is good example of why the term "troll or trolling" seems somewhat arbitrarily applied. To a religious zealot the OP is an obvious troll just trying to elicit an emotional response. To an atheist he's merely stating an obvious fact.

In any case, you can't blame just Christianity. Religion has been used by the aristocratic ruling classes to subjugate the plebeians since way before Abraham, when the whole world was polytheistic.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   

ROFL what bullcrap.. Do you really believe this stuff?? OMG LOL
I'm sorry I can't give you any other answer other than laugh what you have put forth is just down right funny. why?
Because I know Christians and they can't organize a bake sale let alone some mass conspiracy..
you sir have lost your mind somewhere along the line here lol!
Oh and what about followers of Chirst like me that believe Jesus died for you too and you don't have do do anything you dont have to say any prayer or accept any of it .. it's a done deal.. so you are covered my friend. I dont have to convert you or anything you are saved !
What about believers like that tell ya what go to www.tentmaker.org read what the truth is then get back to me.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Yet another crappy thread that get's massively stared in here.

Firs of all Christianity is one thing and the Vatican is another, so you already start it all wrong right there.

Second the plans for global domination that the Catholic Church had have failed centuries ago. No religion will ever dominate another unless they eradicate all of it's members. Something that is practically impossible to do and has proven throughout history to not work.

That's why religion became less important from a political perspective and other means were invented to control the masses.

I grew tired of this anti-semitism on these forums. What needs to be stopped is people like you that incite hate and discrimination based on cheap arguments.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   

All I'm going to say is that the First Council of Nicea didn't even have the canon of Scripture on the agenda. The "beliefs" of Christianity weren't discuss either. There was one main thing on the docket. The issue of Arianism; which is the teaching that Christ was a created being. At the council, each side (the Arian and non-Arian sides) gave they're position. Then those present all agreed that Ariansim is incorrect.

There were minor issues discussed as well, but Scripture wasn't one of them.

ETA: Also, Constantine only made Christianity legal. He didn't make it the religion of the Roman Empire. That came after the time of Constantine. In other words, Constantine just said it's okay to openly be Christian. It was a subsequent Emperor that said that Christianity was the only religion of the Roman Empire.

ETA2: This is good:

Much like Christianity plagurized the Tenakh

What kind of a statement is that? It obviously shows no understanding of the roots of Christianity. Christianity started out as a branch of Judaism. The first Christians were all Jewish. As such, they would've used the Tanakh! Then, logically, since Christianity stemmed from Judaism, the Tanakh would become part of the Christian canon! It's not plagiarized. It's the same Tanakh that the Jews used (and still do!).

ETA3:

I'm not entirely convinced that this was a Reformation, but instead may have been a secret plan to diversify, and thus spread the influence to the TRUE power brokers behind the curtain of the Church.

If you don't think the Reformation was really reformation, I don't think I (or anyone) can help you. The beliefs of the Reformers, especially soteriologically, are vastly different from the Roman Catholic Church. There was nothing about a "secret plan" or any nonsense about that.

If there was, the Reformers missed that memo as many of them were living under constant threat of death from the Church of Rome.

[edit on 2/26/2010 by octotom]

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   

It figures you're a Star Trek geek. For some reason, that fantasy program sucks in the week willed, life's losers and outcasts who uniformly hate Christians and Christianity. Do you still live in your parents' basement???? Do you dress up as Dr Spock?

It's amazing to behold, the utter hypocrisy and seething hatred of self-avowed Trek nerds going about preaching tolerance and love without a scintilla of self-conscious worry.

What a putz!

It is my hope you outcast rebels without a clue get your antichristian world of atheism and so-called "reason" -- and then I hope you end up like Robespierre your predecessor, hero and your bloody FUTURE.

The Ten Commandments and "Love Thy Neighbor" are the only two reasons annoying little idiots are allowed to live to annoy us. You should think about that. In a pagan society you wouldn't last ten minutes with a whiny loser attitude like yours.

Vive le revolucion.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I'm not opposed to Christianity but the bible is perfect for the NWO takeover. It tells christians to stand down and let it happen because it's God's will and to not worry because they will be saved at the last moment by the rapture.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by joeofthemountain

Star trek was broadcast from 1966-1968.I grew up with that show.
Spock's name is Mr.Spock,not Dr.Spock.
My favorite star trek series is the next generation.You can be a
christian and still love sci-fi.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by EndtheFed

It tells christians to stand down and let it happen because it's God's will and to not worry because they will be saved at the last moment by the rapture.

First, not all Christians believe in a Rapture. Of those that do, not all believe in a pre-Tribulation rapture. So to imply that all Christians are just sitting by complacently is a little disingenuous.

Now, some Christians do believe that the Bible teaches that there will be a one world government, such as the NWO. Not all do though. There are many Christians that don't see that in the Scripture, seeing rather that in the end times, there will just be a powerful ruler, but necessarily a single ruler of the world.

Assuming that those that believe that there will be a one world government are correct, the Bible doesn't say to just sit on your laurels. If you think it says that, you need to sit down and take the time to read what the Bible says the nature of this one world system will be like. When the Bible describes this period of time, there are many, many people martyred for not accepting what the one world system wants to accomplish.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by warpcrafter
Jaxon has it right. The Christians and Muslims need to be stopped before their pointless wars destroy us all.

You got it all wrong my friend.

Greedy leaders must be stopped. True religion has nothing to do with these wars, with the exception of the ones involving the Jews and the "promised land" and even in that case you have to ponder about it and it's more of a 50/50 scenario where religion is used as argument to sustain political interests that couldn't be sustained otherwise. The Israeli war is too lucrative to cease with no reason.

Anyway... you people will never really get it since for you guys it's easier to look just at the surface of things and generalize everything.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   

For that matter, they are not using any intelligence either

Some might say that one that lumps all Christians throughout the ages into the same Roman Catholic basket aren't using any intelligence, logic, or reason either. I'm just sayin'.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join