It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The TRUE Evil: The Christian Agenda

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I have a couple of things to add. If this is mentioned on pages 2-4 I apologize because to be honest I get thoroughly disgusted when people start trying to defend christianity. The facts are no one society has been responsible for more death of their fellow man than christian society. Granted other religious societies follow closely behind but christians are definitely at the top. Good acts by some try to cover the facts but even they will kit up and take out the blasphemers if asked by their shepards. It amazes me daily that they can cloud their own eyes to these facts and believe they are so empathetic and yet treat everyone who isn't christian as a wart that needs removal.

As far as an agenda, they have many. One of the worst and longest lasting has been the church's attack on science. This began at their inception and continues today. Much of what the Inquisition was about was removal an/or silencing scientific thought. I'm sure that Copernicus and Gallileo would both agree that this was and is a concious act by the church and most of it's members. Each and every time science provides indisputable proof for something against church belief its a quick turn and "well god in his greatness meant for it to be that way" but until that point science is wrong.

Take the latest turnaround of the church on aliens. Now its "we cannot say that god in his greatness would not have provided for others in the universe. We will embrace our alien brothers". They still cannot fathom evolution and try to push "creationist theory" (poor use of the word theory) on our children in schools.

I stopped believing in a supreme being about the same time I gave up on Santa Clause. When will the world recognize religion for what it is? Prostitution may be the oldest profession, well, religion is the oldest con. Imagine where we would be if scientific thought hadn't been supressed the last 2 thousand years.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

You're blaming religion for something that people did. Your post reeks of the same ignorance you accuse others of having.

Religion doesn't corrupt man. Man corrupts religion.

Every historical event you spoke of was indeed a power grab. But name me one instance in history that isn't? Secular or religious, the roads of history are paved by greedy power hungry people.

Read the red letters of the New Testament and then tell me where Jesus says to subjugate people. Read the teachings of the Buddha and tell me where he says to conquer and control people. Read the Tao Te Ching and tell me where Lao Tsu tells you to slaughter people who believe differently than you.

However you're right about Islam. There's plenty of instances in the Koran that specifically state to use violence to overcome infidels. So I have no counter for you there.

It's very clear from your post that you are a very angry individual when it comes to religion. A word of advise: Calm down. Your anger is clearly clouding your judgment.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by moocowman
reply to post by jsmappy

You may know your history but You lack ANY understanding of Christianity or what a true Christian is.

What rubbish you speak, we meet thousand of xtians who all claim to be "True christians" yet none of them agree.

I'm the real Batman.

For some reason I get the impression that the term "True christian" was actually invented here on ATS, in response to some hard questions.

anybody can CLAIM to be a christian. but a true christian is simply someone who follows Christs teachings exactly. not leaving anything out or adding anything to it. by the book so to speak....

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
EVERY problem with political ideas, religious ideas, social ideas, scientific breakthroughs, inventions, healthcare reform, etc... can be traced to ONE SINGLE THING: The greedy deceitful corrupt hearts of man.

Period.

You anti-religion nuts like to accuse everyone of not using reason and logic, but you completely fail using it as well.

Not to mention all of you guys defending science and evolution on anti-religious threads, but then on other threads you're accusing scientists of covering up stuff and exaggerating their discoveries and using their "findings" to control public policy and, by extension, us. Make up your minds...

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Religion doesn't need man to corrupt it. Religion was already a corrupted concept to begin with.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by pplrnuts
Religion doesn't need man to corrupt it. Religion was already a corrupted concept to begin with.

Please explain to me how the parable of the good Samaritan is a corrupt concept.

I'm all ears.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I cant help you if you fail to do your research. Nothing that I reveal to you will change your mind, so whats the point?

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by pplrnuts
I cant help you if you fail to do your research. Nothing that I reveal to you will change your mind, so whats the point?

If you actually researched it, you would see that in this particular parable, Jesus himself is critical of established religion and he's critical of indifferent religious followers, but he praises the charitable action of a socially undesirable pagan.

How is that a corrupt idea?

Don't worry. I'm not trying to "save" you, man. You just need to get your facts straight.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

Well this appears to be a reaction thread to "The True Evil of the Gay Agenda" thread. I think if you would have read the OP of that thread wth an open mind you would have realised he wasn't calling the gay agenda evil. He was saying that the true evil was that TPTB were using it as a tool to divide us.

I love how you are all peace and love and let everybody do what they want and everybody who says you cannot do whatever you want is a hater, but then you can turn around and hate every religious person on Earth just because some subgroup of those religions disagree wth your lifestyle.

So let me get this. It is ok for you to hate and complain about peoples lifestyle choices, but not alright for anyone who disagrees with you. That is real rational.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Gave you a star. Very well put, and though I many times disagree with you, I must say you earned a whole new level of respect from me. Nice work.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
For every question there can be only one truth. Truth does not care whether or not it is believed.

There needs to be a differentiation made between the faith, the church, and the way people apply it. Christianity as a faith has no relationship to how various churches and people distort the faith through the limitations of being fallable. It is no different for other non-christian faiths or even athiesm. It is people who diminish the meanings and purity of the message.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrbarber
Christianity as a faith has no relationship to how various churches and people distort the faith through the limitations of being fallable. It is no different for other non-christian faiths or even athiesm. It is people who diminish the meanings and purity of the message.

Amen! (pun intended)

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I agree so much with this post. So many Christians have infiltrated politics, and use their position to try to pass laws that only make sense to Christianity. No one can come up with a good enough reason why gays can't be married without referring to the bible. The people who spearhead movements against abortion, medical marijuana, and gay rights are more often than not Christian in some way.

Some people, good people, would argue that this is not Christianity. They would say they are people who hide behind the guise of doing something good (such as the bible?) while lying and manipulating the truth for their own selfish reasons, and are not true followers of a faith. Same goes for Islam.

I know there's more than enough of these horrible people keeping the gay community down, as they did with every other persecution of a type of person. It will end when the real followers call out the fakers for being so hateful, which would hopefully wake the "sheeple".

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
josheboyxiii, the coruption lies from the very begining of your religion. The Jesus character never existed. All his unique and miraculous ways are a CARBON COPY of earlier myths and beliefs. For example, Jesus and Horus share nearly two hundred similarities. All of the amazing things of Jesus has been stolen from earlier characters, and modernized to fool foolish people. If you cant see through this delusion with this little bit of info which is just the tip of the iceberg, you will never, never, never get it, therefore I see no reason to continue. This is just pure stupidity to believe any further in Jesus after studying those "Jesus" characters before him that were MYTHS.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by rleexray
One of the worst and longest lasting has been the church's attack on science. This began at their inception and continues today. Much of what the Inquisition was about was removal an/or silencing scientific thought. I'm sure that Copernicus and Gallileo would both agree that this was and is a concious act by the church and most of it's members. Each and every time science provides indisputable proof for something against church belief its a quick turn and "well god in his greatness meant for it to be that way" but until that point science is wrong.

excellent point! the church definitely tried/tries(?) to suppress knowledge that might threaten them as an institution.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I believe what is being discussed can be looked at a bit differently. Is religion used as a means to further political goals? You better believe it. Is it being used in this fashion right now as we speak? Yes.

Which is why I believe that everyone needs to look at what God is actually teaching. Is He teaching us to go and kill those who oppose His supposed followers? No. Is Islam teaching this very thing? Yes, in extremist groups and for political reasons that keep the war machine running.

Are all the faiths being played against one another? Yes. Which is why I suggested that we all pray to God and tell Him that we have no idea what He would have us do in regard to the Temple Mount and Jerusalem. Certainly what is being done now is not Godly or what He would have us do.

If the people who are controlling the marionettes have no strings attached to the puppets, the puppets cannot respond. Pray for everyone to stand down and wait upon their God for direction. The prophecies that were written do not have to be fulfilled if we are wise enough to see that God gave us them to think.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
also I believe some will find some interest in this:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

this is an article how one of the biggest most corrupt Christian organizations is trying to get Uganda to make homosexuality punishable by death

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I don't see this as an attack on the individual, but instead an attack on the monster that Christians feed blindly with their good intentions. It is like giving to a charity you truly want to help and believe in, only the man collecting is keeping the money for himself. Just as long as you believe the money is getting to the cause, that is good enough for the conscience. To be told otherwise will bring pain, so more often than not the charitable group will never be questioned. And even if the charitable group is legit, 60% of what is given goes towards 'admin costs' anyway!

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
There are over 38,000 different christian denominations
and yet they all say something different, why? if the guidelines for being christian are in the bible, why are there so many different sects? The only problem i have with Christianity, aren't the Christians themselves, its the institution, The idea of Christianity is, clear logical and soundly based, buty the way the religion in and of itself has been warped by time, media, people and the devil is bringing it to ruin, im not on the horse either, seeing how i am not a christian, but they really need to get it together,

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

I think you are underestimating the harm that the Christian religion can cause. I understand where the bitterness and anger is coming from. I am a victim of this very religion and for a long time I really struggled with forgiving the Church. (kind of ironic, having to forgive the very institution that offered me redemption)

It's true that you can't lump all branches and beliefs together, but even the Churches and Christians with the most innocent intentions can cause damage. Anytime a belief is based on lies, it is destructive. It can be anything from genocide to isolation.

That is what happened to me (isolation, not genocide
I have always been a thinker and growing up, my religion already had all the answers to questions like: How old is the earth? Where did God come from? What happens after you die? etc. As I got into my teens I started questioning the validity of these so called truths. The problem is, you can't do that in Christianity. If it doesn't fit in the Bible it is a lie created by Satan.

What ended up happening is that it destroyed communication between me and my family. I couldn't let them know who I really was, what I believed and what I questioned. My Church had good intentions and good people, but it still caused great harm to my life.

Now, there are some people that believe the teachings of Jesus are a great guide to life. Those are not Christians. Christians believe that the Bible is the end all and say all. No ideas can be added and none taken away. If someone tells you they are a Christian, but only like to take in the parts that they feel are appropriate to their life, they are not a Christian. They are a free thinker. So really, you CAN bunch up all Christians. They follow a belief based on lies which will cause destruction on some level.

Personally, that's why my "religion" is science. I am free to think, ask questions, change my mind and disprove even my own theories to get closer the TRUTH!

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join