It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The TRUE Evil: The Christian Agenda

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by octotom
reply to post by EndtheFed

It tells christians to stand down and let it happen because it's God's will and to not worry because they will be saved at the last moment by the rapture.

First, not all Christians believe in a Rapture. Of those that do, not all believe in a pre-Tribulation rapture. So to imply that all Christians are just sitting by complacently is a little disingenuous.

Now, some Christians do believe that the Bible teaches that there will be a one world government, such as the NWO. Not all do though. There are many Christians that don't see that in the Scripture, seeing rather that in the end times, there will just be a powerful ruler, but necessarily a single ruler of the world.

Assuming that those that believe that there will be a one world government are correct, the Bible doesn't say to just sit on your laurels. If you think it says that, you need to sit down and take the time to read what the Bible says the nature of this one world system will be like. When the Bible describes this period of time, there are many, many people martyred for not accepting what the one world system wants to accomplish.

Exactly! In fact if it's to go that way the Bible than says the exact opposite of what a NWO would want.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

sounds like you had a suckass life, my heart bleeds for you.

amazing you are still alive.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by JaxonRoberts
reply to post by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

It is because this particular group of humans uses Christianity to justify their misbehavior. All humans are very capable of misbehaving, but when a group uses their dogma to justify acts against their fellow space travelers that one needs then to look at the dogma itself.

Oh boy! Don't go that road...

That's exactly the argument used by Osama Bin Laden and other crazy extremists, who kills innocents because they are part of something or some region.

If you go that road and argue that all Christians must be eradicated, you be complying with the line of thought used by most terrorists that want to see the US in ashes.

It's plain ignorance

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   
still alive jason? you know your thinking must take you out of this material world? right?

it just sucks too much to be around people that believe in Jeezus!

maybe any other chump too.

what ya think big guy? why don't ya go and find out what goes on at the other side and try to come back and tell us all?

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Loki Lyesmyth

I agree here 110% with everything stated.
I am a very spiritual person, I have a relationship with the Great Spirit.
We need no church, we need no religion, we need no middle-man granting us the ear of god. We need donate no money, fear no hell, condemn no person.

Love, Forgive, Accept.

Its amazing to me that Christians don't ever act like Christ.
I mean really, I am way not christian but have the Christ-mind in my heart. I love, accept and forgive, I help those in need and I offer all with no selfishness. If I can do for you I will. If I cannot I will help find you someone who can. Oh wait, I cannot be like this, I am a pagan, a demon worshiper a whore of Sata, so never mind, stone me

Well... they are not Christ how could they act like him? At best they can try, but we are still humans.

You are all that "peace, love, forgiveness" and yet you're still incapable of understanding. What the OP is starting is discrimination to not say a prosecution to each and every Christian, something that any evolved person wouldn't want or do.

If you really had the Christ mindset you would remember something like "Don't judge to not be judged".

So I would say it's time to look in the mirror and see if you're not one of those that preach one thing and do another just like the OP.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Excellent thread Jaxon.. I agree very much so with your words.. for years its bothered me how much control the church still has over people, governments and organizations (though i now understand more so that its the governments these days that are behind the church in the first place, - as you so well stated- most just dont notice or see it) .. I remember when i was a lot younger, maybe 7-8 years old, and wondering why it was the 'official' religion of America and why they were allowed to conquer and take over in the first place.. they should have been slaughtered from the word 'go' IMO. And always i have wondered what makes them so right in the world of religion, or why, today, many still act as if the world somehow owes them something. The only good thing is that such religions as christianity and catholicism are plummeting in numbers in both personal beliefs and attending the churches..or so i am being led to believe by recent polls taken etc.
And to be honest, the first reply here stating you sounded bitter in the OP is right.. however, i believe and agree you have every right to be with this..

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I'm not sure the OP really brought into the light anything most people didn't already know...

Just because religion and psuedo religion/sciences are used to gain control of populations, build power and reap financial gains...doesn't mean there isn't a God.

As humans it just proves how well take just about anything with a good and wholesome message and manipulate it for our desired results and in doing so, create bondage for the body and mind. This certainly is no surprise, man has never been satisfied and will exploit everything around him.

That doesn't mean everyone falls into the same category though, many seek not to be two faced.

I don't think Christianity in its true form has any evil agenda. Look at the life of Christ, he railed against the organized religion of the day and peoples attempts to "be good enough" through there works. What Jesus offered was the complete opposite, it was freedom

I do believe though that religions as a whole are very corruptible and lend themselves to such, but the messages at the core are quite different and not everyone follows in the mold of such bondage.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   

The Institution of Christianity in no way resembles that which he advocated. It has been grossly perverted to suit the needs of those who use it to get and keep power over the masses.

Hm, Synchronicity, today I come across your post shortly after having heated discussions over the phone with education authorities.

(Yes fundies I'm still banging on about it and will continue to do so)

Here is the UK law in relation to the education of children -

each pupil in attendance at a community, foundation or voluntary school shall on each school day take part in an act of collective worship."

So, a group of people in positions of authority/influence take it upon themselves to insist that other peoples children worship invisible man in the sky.

The question then is, who are these people, which invisible man in the sky do they insist other peoples' children worship, and finally why ?

To answer these questions one needs only to contact the education authorities (which I have done) and put the questions to them.

In answer to the question of which invisible man in the sky would you have other peoples' children worship, the overwhelming response is

"Our collective worship is of a broadly christian nature"

Needless to say this response is followed by a very lengthy convoluted nonsensical explanation, of how ones children are required to worship an invisible man that resides in the sky called jesus but in a broad sense.

In response to why they require other peoples children to do this, the answer is that it somehow benefits the child. When pushed for evidence of this it inevitably turns out, that it's just the opinion of the particular people that have the influence of the children.

As to who is responsible for this for this forced indoctrination of other peoples children things get a little vague. At first there is denial of anything untoward occurring but eventually following lengthy investigations one comes across a trail of breadcrumbs.

In a nutshell the are quite a few people of xtian persuasion (although of varying denominations) who place themselves with the help and influence of others of their ilk in positions where they can influence society. The primary target it would appear are our children, and from the bottom of the educational pile to the house of Lords the christian agenda seeks to where possible, create a "captive" audience of young minds.

Although this insidious conspiracy could be brushed off as "mere coincidence" and I could be branded as a schizophrenic fool. The fact remains that the law is there in black and white as disagreeable as it may be. Neither atheists nor secularists etc are certainly not the ones insisting that it remains so who is responsible ? One need look no further than the deity required to be worshiped for the answer to that.

Here lays the evil of the christian agenda in action for all to see, we know how a few people in the right places can organize a Coup De Tat and topple a government. Here we have a few people in the right places offering to our children to entice them into the car on the road of delusion.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by JaxonRoberts
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Sorry you don't agree with it, dog, but I have to disagree with you. The concepts of 'Good' and 'Evil' are not the sole property of those who subscribe to an organized religion, or a non-organized religion. Even an Atheist will tell you that a serial killer is 'evil', that Hitler was 'evil', that conspiring to manipulate and control others is 'evil'.

Secondly, maybe I do have a personal stake in this. I was duped into 'sheepledom' for many years during my youth, and thus many years of guilt over things that I should have never spent a moment feeling guilty about. So many wasted years not spent in search of Truth, but instead clinging to a Lie. Since then, I have personally been treated like a subhuman by those who cling to the Bible. I have literally been spit upon. There are places in this country, the supposed home of Freedom, where I dare not express who I am, or what I believe, lest I find myself being dragged behind a pickup truck by a chain. But forget words, they say a picture is worth a thousand of them:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a24f7815ed0e.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d70c100de4e1.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e5bce39daed5.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7406f249debd.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3b1a511fc58c.png[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f11bdc668e2d.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f3feb30ff3a0.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/64d4c2cfb21c.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bb099a758b00.jpg[/atsimg]

All of this is the result of 'Blind Faith'... Sorry, but I will not, and cannot stop myself from fighting this form of ignorance wherever and whenever I find it...

What I see and believe is that there is a conscious effort being exerted here to keep the 'Sheeple' in line, and to subjegate, belittle and/or eliminate those of us who do not run with the flock... I see not one, but two PBT that are vying for control of the planet. The one in the Middle Eastern world that uses Islam as it's weapon, and the one of the Western world that uses Christianity as it's weapon of choice.

To do nothing and remain silent to this would make me evil...

But you should not do that using ignorance and generalization. You're just acting as the other side of the same equation of those pictures you've posted.

You're basically mixing politics mixed with religion added to ignorance for faith and true religion.

By belief/religion true Catholics/Christians can't even kill or commit suicide, so those pics speak nothing to me.

Those are results of extremists that most often sound and preach just like you and always refuse to look at themselves in the mirror.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

The fact that the whole world has come to realise the name of Jesus Christ as the most recognised name in history.

Well that's not really surprising when should one choose not accept the religion pushing this agenda could ens up with one being tortured to death !!

Jesus is a name Christ was a title, there were very many jesus' and Christs and the real one has yet to stand up.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
For all that claim to be Christians posting on this thread:

read all of what the OP wrote. He described what zealots would say and he was right. you have to do more than just show up at church. You have to live the life, and treat others in the way you claim to believe.

Judge not, lest ye be judged yourself.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by moocowman

Those are results of extremists that most often sound and preach just like you and always refuse to look at themselves in the mirror.

It strikes me that there is little more extreme than a child being commanded to unquestionably love an invisible man in the sky and be terrified of it at the same time.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Catholocism is a Denomination.
Catholocism is NOT Christianity.
Catholocism is a SUBSTITUTE for Christ because Christianity was not powerful enough to control the masses.
Christianity is not a Church.
Christianity is not a Building.
Christianity is not people.
Christianity is not a Religion.
Christianity is a Faith.
Religion has NO place in Christianity.

You may know your history but You lack ANY understanding of Christianity or what a true Christian is. Your generalizations show your lack of knowledge and more importantly your total and complete abject hatred toward your existence and your fellow man.

Fearing men & women who feed the hungry, clothe the needy, shelter the homeless and love ALL their fellow man is rediculous and weak.

If you want to hate religion, fine, then you agree with Jesus. He hates religion too.

America is Babylon
but,
The Catholic Church is 'Mystery Babylon'

Here's what the Bible says about the Catholic Church:

There I saw a woman sitting on a scarlet beast that was covered with blasphemous names and had seven heads and ten horns. 4The woman was dressed in purple and scarlet, and was glittering with gold, precious stones and pearls. She held a golden cup in her hand, filled with abominable things and the filth of her adulteries. 5This title was written on her forehead:
MYSTERY
BABYLON THE GREAT
THE MOTHER OF PROSTITUTES
AND OF THE ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH. 6I saw that the woman was drunk with the blood of the saints, the blood of those who bore testimony to Jesus.
"This calls for a mind with wisdom. The seven heads are seven hills on which the woman sits. "

THE SEVEN HILLS OF ROME:
Aventinus (Aventine)
Caelius (Caelian)
Capitolium (Capitoline)
Esquiliae (Esquiline)
Palatium (Palatine)
Quirinalis (Quirinal)
Viminalis (Viminal)

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   

i was able to follow you and take you seriously, even through your little summery of what you consider not "logic and reason"

until you got to the part about blind faith.

it is clear your entire picture of Christianity has been painted from either:

a)what you learned in school
or
b) google

is your concept of "blind faith" only a one way application? your perception of what is truth is the only thing in your mind backing up what youve learned through school/google(and i say these options because it goes without saying you werent alive during the inquisition or any of the "eras" in question.)

the schoolbook you learned it from is just as much of a book as the bible. neither one more credible than the other.only the perception of such due to popularity. and in your circles the popular vote must be for whatever is right in front of you. without firsthand experience everything is speculation.

the only difference is you embrace the feeling of being right more easily by going with the majority (now who's the sheeple). i draw this conclusion based on the assumption that youve never actually stepped foot in a church seeking answers for yourself, even if they are answers you hope will prove your theory correct. you pretend you know both sides by doing what you think is "research".

if your going to buy a car, you test drive it. you get behind the wheel and you actually drive it.

nobody who buys a new car commits solely off information they saw on a commercial or website. because no matter what the ad or website or even the dealer says, what matters is how you like driving it.

in this case, you'd be the car buyer, knocking a car youd never even been in, let alone drove. sure you've seen a few commercials and in a few parking lots, but i doubt you've even so much as spoken one on one with somebody who actually owns one. and somehow now your a car expert.

your whole concept of blind faith is hilarious.

[edit on 26-2-2010 by LurkerMan]

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by jsmappy

You may know your history but You lack ANY understanding of Christianity or what a true Christian is.

What rubbish you speak, we meet thousand of xtians who all claim to be "True christians" yet none of them agree.

I'm the real Batman.

For some reason I get the impression that the term "True christian" was actually invented here on ATS, in response to some hard questions.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by joeofthemountain

It figures you're a Star Trek geek. For some reason, that fantasy program sucks in the week willed, life's losers and outcasts who uniformly hate Christians and Christianity. Do you still live in your parents' basement???? Do you dress up as Dr Spock?

It's amazing to behold, the utter hypocrisy and seething hatred of self-avowed Trek nerds going about preaching tolerance and love without a scintilla of self-conscious worry.

What a putz!

It is my hope you outcast rebels without a clue get your antichristian world of atheism and so-called "reason" -- and then I hope you end up like Robespierre your predecessor, hero and your bloody FUTURE.

The Ten Commandments and "Love Thy Neighbor" are the only two reasons annoying little idiots are allowed to live to annoy us. You should think about that. In a pagan society you wouldn't last ten minutes with a whiny loser attitude like yours.

Vive le revolucion.

People like you give Christians a bad rep. Also, you argument by attacking the OP for liking a movie, instead of attacking any of the points he raised...great argumentation, lol.

Also, you follow the 10 commandments apparently, but don't really BELIEVE in them because you don't really think people who don't agree with your faith should be allowed to LIVE. What a little hypocrite you are

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
First, I am not religious--in the sense that "being religious" requires my belief
in a system "handed-down" and adhered to by others who came before me.

I like to think for myself. I have never been comfortable following the
well-beaten path of least resistance.

Consciousness either expires at the death of the body or continues beyond
the death of the body. Believing that consciousness continues after death
is a function of faith. Heretofore, no concrete evidence exists that life
continues after death. You either ~believe~ or you do not ~believe~.

If you do not believe, you, like all others, must wrestle with the age-old
question, "What is life's purpose?"--And you must do so without a
predesignated guidebook.

If you do believe (and herein lies the rub) you must choose between
freewill, or one of the many organized religions.

Logic dictates that belief in a certain religion is mostly a trick of
geography--Most of us believe in what our parents and our peers believe in.
This serves to separate and oppose us geographically. While this separation
is not as apparent as the opposition of the color of skin, social status, or
wealth, it is nonetheless MORE dangerous. It is more dangerous an
opposition because faith requires passion...

It is this passion, this righteous indignation, this inability to accept
another's belief system as valid, that the bloodiest, the cruelest, and
the most atrocious of acts of war have been perpetrated.

If anyone needs references to the last statement...I came prepared

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by rival

and then?

# or get off the pot.
btw, very eloquently spoke.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Ok so I have to chime in. I am a Christian. I work with and have good relationships with at least 5 gay people. I take the Bible at face value(which makes me a "fundie"). I am also good friends with several athiests/agnostics. I don't feel an ounce of hate in my heart? whats wrong with me?

I think when it comes to pointing out "Haters" you need to do it individually and not lump us all together. My dad who isn't a solid Christian Hates gay people. An agnostic friend of ours Hates gay people. Certain people in my Fundamentalists Baptist Church Hate gay people. I don't.

One thing I do Hate is for Christians to be a stumbling block for people searching for Christ. Don't blame this messed up world on Christ!

I have noticed that on the "homosexual" issue, age is the determining factor whether its accepted or not. When the older people eventually lose their voice in the culture, I predict that it will become more acceptable along with environmental conservation and maybe a less violent culture(probably dreaming). Not that I am saying I'll ever promote or partake in a homosexual lifestyle; but as long as I'm left alone you'll be left alone. Just don't take our spreading the gospel as Hateful behavior, because I truely do want others to know the Jesus I know. When he looks at you, he doesn't see a title, a stereotype, a class, or an affiliation, he just sees you as one of his own.

I don't know or understand what makes people gay, but I do know that it is part of the "Law". But so is eating shellfish and pig(abominations). If any Christian chooses to judge you by the Law ask them if they themselves are prepared to be judged by the same set of rules.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Job number one of the entire Spookocracy (National "Security" State and whatever other rule BY secrecy) is to defer to, pamper and coddle the shallow, flimsy eggshell psyches and egos of the Abrahamic (particularly Christian) true believers, and all other true believers who aren't interested in facts. Really brilliant and nice "civilization" here.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join