It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The TRUE Evil: The Christian Agenda

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

It is because this particular group of humans uses Christianity to justify their misbehavior. All humans are very capable of misbehaving, but when a group uses their dogma to justify acts against their fellow space travelers that one needs then to look at the dogma itself.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by OldThinker

Hi OT, I hope things are going good for you!

I should clarify, that I do follow the teachings of Jesus, as do I the teachings of Buddha, Confucius, and many other enlightened individuals.

I guess when I should say that I'm not a Christian, I'm referring to the fact that I don't believe in the Catechisms of the Church; I don't believe that Jesus was the divine son of God.

He certainly was very close, and very connected to God, and was able to speak clearly from God, however I feel that he has no more divinity, and capability for divinity than me or you.

I've never felt right worshiping Jesus; I honestly think he would much rather me be spending my Sunday morning volunteering at the Foodbank (which I do), rather than praising him.

Jesus taught us that our actions show our love for God much more than our words.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

Thing is it isn't the teachings that's the problem. It's people twisting them to suit themselves. Humans feel the need to justify themselves, particularly when they know they are doing wrong, and they can, have and will use ANYTHING to that end. Is it really any shock that they'd use "god"?
It's like when atheists convince themselves science disproves the existance of a higher power despite the obvious fact the question is currently unfalsifiable *read unscientific*.

[edit on 26-2-2010 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows]

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

See the thing is that I do believe that there are those in the background doing exactly that. Twisting the teachings, embelishing on the factual life of it's founder, using it all to control the feeble minded masses...

See, I know that our belief system believes that there is no wrong way to acknowledge the existence of the Divine, but if it's based on pure BS, then does it not violate the 'harm none' directive to remain silent and to not challenge that which you see being used for destructive purposes?

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 02:04 AM
link   
It is the both the teachings having been wrong in their 'reverse engineering' the Bible
to arrive at translation by the words many occurrences to get a general sense of the meaning,
as well the individual interpretations of the many versions thereof.

To say it's at all *unscientific* is to deny it's claim as Truth and betray the 'continence' of it,
but only those who know not its "Saying" would not "Amen" it to "Believe" "Trust" in "Faith"
and ultimately have to be corrected (no more to be in denial) of their lack of "Truth".

We are all only just arriving to standing aright from a L O N G line of conspiracies
intended both to ascertain preserve and avail it as well as obscure distract from it or else
Capitalize upon its (mis)handlement and gain from its seeming uncertainty to opine upon.

That was the trap laid for those in whom was the desire to take advantage,
but it was meant to be also that it would be so widely published and promoted,
and so that when the Truth became known there would be many to receive it!

[edit on 2010/2/26 by YeHUaH ELaHaYNU]

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 02:05 AM
link   
What he says is true with regard to the Catholic church seeking more power. Why else would they be infiltrating many sects of Christianity here in America? All those immigrants from Europe came here to get away from the Catholic church to seek religious freedom.

They are up to something and I have a feeling it's no good. It's something bad. Look what they did to all those Native American children in boarding schools up in Canada and here in America.

www.twofrog.com...

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Isn't blanket rubber stamping them all as evil and expansionist harming some? I am right there with you in going against those that abuse "religion" for their own greedy ends, but too many throw out the baby with the bathwater and given the opportunity can and will commit attrocity in the name of fighting "evil".

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by ViperFoxBat

I couldn't make it half way through that video. Not because of disinterest.

It really burns my ass to see Native Americans still being treated this way.

I have stated many times on various threads how I feel towards the
Catholic church.

That dosn't mean I won't say I believe it is a worthless institution the
world could do with out on this thread.

As far as the Catholic church goes I think you are definetly right JR. If that
is what is in your sites. I will even applaud. I could never believe in
any such crap as the Catholic Church.

Sadistics and Pedophiles who's cruelty stretches back through centuries.
The vicar of Christ. Joke.

And congradulations Jaxon, by quiting the sticks you just added another ten years to your life.

[edit on 26-2-2010 by randyvs]

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by warpcrafter
The Christians and Muslims need to be stopped before their pointless wars destroy us all.

Of course, because removing religion would stop all the killing in the world.

Oh no, people wouldn't still be killed over greed, politics or a whole slew of others.

You take religion away, and humanity will find something else to use to continue their slaughter.

Religion isn't the problem, fellow man is. Murder is in our veins.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Let it be.

Although it may seem like crazy things are happening, it tells us some people are falling for a false image of the world.

Christians and Muslims? More like people....

Divide and conquer people, divide and conquer.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 06:45 AM
link   

OP I want to share your sympathy but you need to do much more research before condemning a whole group of people. The Roman catholic church has been slaughtering people since the dawn of their time, including different Christian sects.

The Roman Catholic Church was infiltrated by the Order of Jesus or the Jesuits. These clowns made a fortune abolishing sins for kings and high powered people. You should really research the Jesuits oath book, you will see how interesting it is.

These guys find a religion, they learn to read and write their language, and they slowly move up the ranks. Once in charge, they slowly change people's thoughts to suit their agenda.

Ironically, the Jesuit order went to exile because they became hunted for their crimes.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 06:54 AM
link   
How many evil agenda threads have we seen throughout the days? Seriously.

Anywho, any organized religious institution has an evil agenda if you ask me.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 06:54 AM
link   
I would go even further than the OP. Jesus did not even actually exist. If you read the Bible and then try and verify with history, you will understand.

The one world religion of Christianity was a fiction and combination of all the other mystery schools. Its purpose was to subjugate all under Roman control. Read the book of Revelation with a Gnostic perspective. This would mean that Jesus was never born or had a human body. Give it a try.

Other posters have stated that Christians are trying to help and make the world a better place but it always seem to involve killing.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog

JR, although I usually respect your opinion, for what it is worth, I'm not impressed with what you have done here ... more to the point how you have done it.

My 2 drachmas.

[edit on 25 Feb 2010 by schrodingers dog]

Wow... Beautiful reply to a totally ignorant op post. To me its just another poor soul that prayed to God for bike when he was 12, didn't get it, and now blames all religion for his woes.

Religion doesn't make wars. Man does under the disguise of religion. True religion teaches love and acceptance (most ones anyway). Because I follow my religion faithfully I would never kill nor harm another human being. All life is sacred.

I just hate it when people group everyone into one thing and then attack it blindly and without just cause. Blame religion if you like, but its the sinful nature of man that is to blame here, NOT God.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by JaxonRoberts
"the belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your Master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree..."

I have always loved this, it basically makes Christianity null and void

I agree Religion really is the cause of the pain in this world.

Can i ask where is that EVP of the ghost talking about the afterlife?

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by BillfromCovina
I would go even further than the OP. Jesus did not even actually exist. If you read the Bible and then try and verify with history, you will understand.

The one world religion of Christianity was a fiction and combination of all the other mystery schools. Its purpose was to subjugate all under Roman control. Read the book of Revelation with a Gnostic perspective. This would mean that Jesus was never born or had a human body. Give it a try.

Other posters have stated that Christians are trying to help and make the world a better place but it always seem to involve killing.

Boy, there's always someone out there that's got to bring up that Jesus didn't exist and truly show how ignorant people can be. I don't care if you don't believe he's the son of God, but to deny his very existence is borderline insanity.

The Romans kept very accurate records and add to the point that they liked to kill Christians there is no reason for them to lie. I won't even suggest to you to read the Bible because obviously you've made your mind up, but your not going to convince anyone but yourself and those others who hate God because he didn't grant their wishes.

Its funny how just about everyday the Bible is proved to be more accurate than once believed. King Solomon's wall was found just the other day. The space shuttle took infared pictures showing towns that we didn't believe existed. It goes on and on. But to say Jesus never existed is just being ignorant and pig headed.

I'm not sure what you mean by reading the book of revelations with a gnostic perspective. Can you explain that a bit more?

I'm assuming you don't believe any of the Bible so its pretty pointless to use it to prove anything other than the fact that the Bible has stayed extremely close to the same as when it was written. I use the dead sea scrolls as proof of that.

I guess I just need you to explain the roman records and historians. Was it faked? Lies? What? I see no possible good that it would have helped the Romans to lie about it.

Sorry if I sound like I'm coming down hard on you, but its akin to saying Martin Luther King never existed. I just don't get it at all. So did Mohamad exist? I mean how many people are you going to say didn't exist? I may not agree with Islam, but I'll never state the man didn't exist. His existence doesn't frighten me, but the fact that people would try to erase his (Jesus OR Mohamad) existence does. I think the Nazi's tried that with book burnings and whatnot... didn't work then and certainly won't work now.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Monts
reply to post by OldThinker

I should clarify, that I do follow the teachings of Jesus, as do I the teachings of Buddha, Confucius, and many other enlightened individuals.

I guess when I should say that I'm not a Christian, I'm referring to the fact that I don't believe in the Catechisms of the Church; I don't believe that Jesus was the divine son of God.

I've never felt right worshiping Jesus; I honestly think he would much rather me be spending my Sunday morning volunteering at the Foodbank (which I do), rather than praising him.

Jesus taught us that our actions show our love for God much more than our words.

That's very cool of you to volunteer at the food bank and try to be Christ-like, but I don't agree with you saying your a follow of Jesus when you ignore half the stuff he teached. Denying his divinity kind of cancels the following of him, don't you think.

I think what you mean to say is that although you don't follow him, you think he was a good man, a man you look up to, and your making a conscious effort to live your life like his.

The problem here is that the op wants us to believe that because people choose to believe that, they are going to make wars and do truly evil stuff. My point is that its men, and not God, that are evil. It wasn't Christianity as a whole that was guilty of corruption when the Popes were saying they would get you into heaven on a tithe while they were sleeping with prostitutes. Those were evil men... period.

Again, I think the op has to be very careful how he groups people and look carefully who is truly to blame for these wars. Its like Bush pretending to be a peacekeeper by going into Kuwait the first time. Do we blame peacekeepers for the war? No, we blame greedy men who wanted to go in there to save the oil. If he was a peacekeeper as he claims he would of gone into Africa and saved some lives... but Africa doesn't have much oil now does it?

[edit on 26-2-2010 by Alienmojo]

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 08:01 AM
link   
I certainly can feel and understand your frustration with the Christian faith, but also I wish you would have taken a more objective tone and left out the negative emotion. Your message would reach more people.

I was raised in an ultra religeous family. Church 3 times a week, prayer 3 times a day, forced to read the bible before I could do any social activities with my friends etc...Even my father took 10% of my paper route earnings and gave it to the church when i was 13 years old and on and on.

I hated all of it because as I was deeply involved with Christianity as a young child and teenager by force. Nobody could ever answer any of my simple questions as a child such as "how come there are no longer miracle like there was in the bible days"? Or "If the earth is only 10000 years old then where did the dinosours come from?" Those simple legitimate questions brought anger and damnation from my father. I was never to question anything written in the bible. This made me very skeptical even as a child.

Not only that but growing up in the church I started to see all the hypocritisism everywhere. The liars, cheaters, the deciet, how judgemental everyone was toward everyone else, the church gossip circles, the negative politcs, and on and on and on. I thought that maybe all of those issue were local to the church that I grew up in so I sought out other churches and found the same exact thing.

I vowed as an adult to never step foot in another church ever again, but I do realize that Christianity has instilled one very important key component to my character...Morality. I left the religeon, kept my Christian morality, and have become agnostic. My moral foundation has given me a very good reputation as an adult.
ON

One last note, is there are very well meaning, good honest people in the Christian faith. I am not angry with them and respect their beleifs and understand that they are what they are and not to ever try to make them see things from my perspective. They are too well trained to counter people like me with scripture and teachings, and automatic responses and I understand that. I just let them be...

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Alethea

First of all, your language here shows that the above part of your post was all cut and paste. Your own words are incongruent with intelligence and civility. Your link to the propaganda material which promotes "Jesus as Illuminati Mystery School Graduate" is laughable. Where's the proof? This is just an ear tickler.

You judged me and measured my amount of intelligence, civility and knowledge of esoterism, 'cos I said "f*ck"??? How arrogant!!!
I never said Jesus was an Illuminati. Bad start. I said he was an INITIATED of the Ancient School of Mysteries, that was sabotaged and internally destroyed after Ptah left the Egypt. The priests got spread, the wisdom was kept in secret by some of them, and some others twisted it to their own political conveniences. This break up was the root of Illuminati Freemasonry, raised by those who kept the wisdom to acquire material power and to dominate people. Only when the Gnostic School started to gather the wisdom, thousands of years later, it was used to human progress and self realization, once more. But was too late, 'cos the Illuminati had reached large space in all structures of power. Do you wanna proofs?? Start studying Gnosticism. Otherwise the only thing laughable, will be this pathetic combination of arrogance with lack of knowledge.

[edit on 26-2-2010 by ucalien]

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by tank1976
I certainly can feel and understand your frustration with the Christian faith, but also I wish you would have taken a more objective tone and left out the negative emotion. Your message would reach more people.

I was raised in an ultra religeous family. Church 3 times a week, prayer 3 times a day, forced to read the bible before I could do any social activities with my friends etc...Even my father took 10% of my paper route earnings and gave it to the church when i was 13 years old and on and on.

I hated all of it because as I was deeply involved with Christianity as a young child and teenager by force. Nobody could ever answer any of my simple questions as a child such as "how come there are no longer miracle like there was in the bible days"? Or "If the earth is only 10000 years old then where did the dinosours come from?" Those simple legitimate questions brought anger and damnation from my father. I was never to question anything written in the bible. This made me very skeptical even as a child.

Not only that but growing up in the church I started to see all the hypocritisism everywhere. The liars, cheaters, the deciet, how judgemental everyone was toward everyone else, the church gossip circles, the negative politcs, and on and on and on. I thought that maybe all of those issue were local to the church that I grew up in so I sought out other churches and found the same exact thing.

I vowed as an adult to never step foot in another church ever again, but I do realize that Christianity has instilled one very important key component to my character...Morality. I left the religeon, kept my Christian morality, and have become agnostic. My moral foundation has given me a very good reputation as an adult.
ON

One last note, is there are very well meaning, good honest people in the Christian faith. I am not angry with them and respect their beleifs and understand that they are what they are and not to ever try to make them see things from my perspective. They are too well trained to counter people like me with scripture and teachings, and automatic responses and I understand that. I just let them be...
In the words of Ghandi "I like your Christ, but not your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ"...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join