It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS website mentioned to me by FBI agent today...ON A TRAFFIC STOP![UPDATE]

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by rcwj1975
Hey guys. As many of you know (good or bad, depending how you feel about my profession..lol) I am a law enforcement officer in GA, VERY close to Atlanta. Well today something occured that I had to share with the ATS community, because when it happened, the first thing I thought of was all these folks on here who get SUPER WORRIED and paranoid, will love to hear this.

Anyway, I was out on the road today dealing with some stuff I was investigating when I noticed a car parked in an area that appeared suspicious to me so I called it over the radio that I would be out with this car. As I got closer I ran the tag on my in car computer and it returned through NCIC as not on file. Well i noticed a white male sitting in the drivers seat and saw him look in his rearview and when he saw me he simply waved and seemed to not mind i was there. By the way, NEVER assume that gesture means he is non threatning! Well I approach and identify myself and ask for his drivers license. He hands it to me and while doing so I notice a badge in his wallet and on the passangerside floor board I see a binder with the FBI logo. Well I ask him if he is with the agency and he says yes and then hands me his FBI ID card...since badges are simple to copy.

I talk to him for a few minutes and come to find out he is in my area to speak to one of my counties biggest scumbags who has been arrested MANY times for various stuff. At this time I go run his name and confirm his FBI employment (yes, been around to long to just take his word and even ID as 100% proof in this new fangled computer age of fraud, ID theft, forgery, etc...)

When I return we talk about the person he is going to talk too. During our conversation he states..."Have you ever heard of a website called Above Top Secret. Com?" I laugh and say yes I have, and admit that I am a member. YES IT IS OK TO BE A MEMBER HERE PEOPLE....NO I AM NOT WORRIED ABOUT BLACK SUITED NINJAS VISITING ME...NO I AM NOT AFRAID I WILL BE FIRED, TARGETED, OR SENT TO SWIM WITH THE FISHES!!! So, then we have ABOUT a 15 minute discussion about THIS WEBSITE. The agent told me that they DO frequent the site because believe it or not, there are many educated and informed people on here who DO give some great insite into all sorts of topics. He then said that he enjoys reading some of the posts where people feel they are being followed, stalked, etc...by the government, and in his words he says, "I just don't know where most of them dream up this stuff. At times you would think everyone on that site is paranoid about something."

After a few more minutes of chat, I give him his stuff back and we exchange business cards.

Well, I know it's not too exciting or anything, but the fact is yes ATS IS visited by federal agencies for all sorts of reasons...I just thought you all might like to hear about it first hand. As I said before, I am not afraid of being here, and I shared it with "the feds"...

Draw your on conclusions on why they visit, decide for yourself what they are after, but if you can help it, DON'T freak out to too much!!!

Fair enough, but because the government, esp. the police force, FBI, and Cia are so compartmentalized, he wouldn't have told you anything different. In fact, it's more likely that he is reading this right now knowing that you would be back on here to tell us this. That's why he blew it off as if it were nothing. It could be that he didn't lie to you..........but that just doesn't sound like the FBI I know.......they lie even when the truth sounds better.

link   
Am I the only one here who sees how serious this really is? I must be living in the twilight zone. Insanity is the new sane, and, now even ATS members are acting like it's totally fine to be monitored by the government. Yeah, so now it's fine to be monitored by the government, it's all well and good when you're giving them information, and, you work for them. It's all fine when you know that you're being watched.

link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35
I haven't looked through the whole topic but I can say I'm shocked by the way most ATS members are responding. People here are acting like it's no big deal but think about it- we're accepting this. We've become conditioned to become accepting a little sacrifice of our liberties for our security and now it's gotten to the point where even ATS members are fine with this, like it's no big deal.

I'm ashamed of ATS right now this very moment. People here should know better. It's not about paranoia. It's about liberty and being able to say what you want without being watched. It's freedom which is what I'm concerned about.

[edit on 24-2-2010 by Frankidealist35]

We aren't being "watched." No organization is watching and participating as such. FBI is comprised of PEOPLE! Those people are made up of a cross-section of the country, and they harbor all kinds of beliefs. My buddy was a bigger CS than me before he joined, and he still is! He also laughs and scoffs at all the press conferences with some talking head telling us how safe we are.

I welcome the input from all walks of law enforcement. They have a unique perspective and a great technical information to share with us. Now if you start telling me they are collecting IP addresses and compiling posts, then I will worry, because I may have said a thing or two that I regret.

In the meantime, I hope that they continue to participate as people, and our community will be better from it.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Yes they are watching people. What do you think your buddy's organization does? Do you think that his organization or whatever it is he work for just looks at these websites for kicks? They do it to see the level of paranoia among anti-government people to gauge the psych level of the country.

It's obvious that they're doing it for a reason, and, that they're not doing it just because they can. I know about the MIAC reports, and, I know that the government has had an eye on these kinds of websites for quite some time. They call us extremists because we believe that the government is evil, and, that it's corrupt beyond belief, and because there are people among us who believe in conspiracy theories. They watch us because they're told to watch us. It's not just for fun here. I know what I'm talking about. I know the government sends COINTELPRO agents to watch the internet. I'm tired of people who make it all sound nice and nice. It stops being a joke when you know when they're tracking/watching you.

[edit on 24-2-2010 by Frankidealist35]

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

SO WHAT....let them watch.

What will they see?

RCWJ1975 thinks the government needs to be overhauled. He thinks Obama shouldn't have been elected. He thinks the topic of lizard people is stupid. He thinks marshal law will never happen in the US. He thinks some members have lost their minds and also thinks some members hate him for being a cop.

WOW....I hope they sign the search warrant for my house tonight because brother I need to be dealt with ASAP.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I'm glad they come here.
hopefully they will investigate a few conspiracies and bag some bad guys.
If you think about it this site is discussing many topics where if we had solid proof the people involved would spend much time in jail.

I would love it if we could provided the FBI with the missing piece of a puzzle even once.

As far as i'm concerned all politicians are evil but the only government agencies i can't stand are the IRS(thieves),TSA(annoying) and DEA(unconstitutional).
I actually like cops as long as they aren't in my rear view mirror raising a fuss.
which is fairly odd attitude for a smoker.

link   

www.abovetopsecret.com...

OK .... we have found out by IP trace route that somebody in Washington and somebody from a Military Network (Dept. of Defense) has altered Wiki. OK now we can just call up the FBI to report them and see how far we get ........ LOL Dude, I thought it was pretty evident by now you can't fight big brother even if he is a crook

That thread details how anyone posting on ATS can be traced easily.

link   

I'm surprised that you're surprised given your avatar. It should be noted that this is the internet and not a secret diary. Post at your own discretion, alternatively if you are concerned about your privacy, perhaps not posting would be the preferable approach.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by rcwj1975

Why I posted was clear, you started this thread to get a good laugh. You are... congrats.

Cops and FBI go to websites. Thank you. I learned something today.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   

It creates an element of fear. We know we are being watched so some people will have a tendency to change their habits accordingly. I know it won't be affecting everyone the same way, but, there are probably a very good number of people that will want to change what they want to say on here, by learning of this fact.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by haterproof

I'm not surprised at this. I am more surprised at the response from the large majority of ATS members who act like this is no big deal. I don't see why I should change what I say or my posting mannerisms because the FBI is watching this website. All I was saying is that the FBI watching this website is a greater deal than what people here are making it out to be. They're acting like it's a huge joke. But, I think it's more serious than that, and, I for one am mad that they're monitoring websites like this in the first place, but I think other people should be mad as well, and take this more seriously than they are.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   

It creates an element of fear. We know we are being watched so some people will have a tendency to change their habits accordingly. I know it won't be affecting everyone the same way, but, there are probably a very good number of people that will want to change what they want to say on here, by learning of this fact.

You know i agree....but that is unfortunate for them. Life, if your lucky, will last you MAYBE 80-85 years...sorry but I don't have time to give a hoot about things that just arent happening. I wanna enjoy my time here, not stress over it...or worry about it, or get freaked out. If they (the GOV) ever wanna talk to me...hell knock on the door...or kick it in...either way...I guess we'll talk....

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Maybe so many of us aren't bothered because we've long figured that it was a given anyway. At least I always figured that it was.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Once again, excellent thought's, and to "getreadyalready" I guess the other poster "frankidealist" didn't quite get the whole jist of your statement, I have gone over the whole thread twice, and it is quite entertaining. lot's of good points, and some, well you know, differing opinions... I am of the same opinion as yourself, and my door's still standing too.....

[edit on 24-2-2010 by freetree64]

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   

They call us extremists because we believe that the government is evil, and, that it's corrupt beyond belief, and because there are people among us who believe in conspiracy theories.

Maybe there is COINTELPRO, but my buddy is here because he believes the same as us. It is no secret that the government is corrupt. It is no secret that politicians manipulate the laws. It is no secret that Big Money manipulates the markets and the politicians.

Now it is pure fiction that politicians are using law enforcement for their own agenda. It is pure fiction that every law enforcement officer, or intelligience officer, or military commander is out to get you!

I have police chief friends, FBI friends, I even have a good friend that sat in at UN meetings and Sr Staff meetings as an aid to Colin Powell. They are all very normal, very nice people with their own personal problems just like you and me. They do certain "jobs" and the rest of the time they barbeque and fight with their husbands and wives, and struggle to make their car payments.

You think my friend that did EOD for the Secret Service had any special connections when her Jeep got repossessed? You think my friend that worked in the basement of the Pentagon transcribing international calls got any special treatment when one of his 8 kids got sick, or his ex-wife sued for back child support?

They are people! Not nameless, faceless, evil alphabet agencies.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   

That's how I look at it too. If they want in, they'll get in regardless of if we want them to or not. I'm under no delusions otherwise. I figure if they come to my house, I'll make them a pot of coffee or tea and bake some cookies.

[edit on 24-2-2010 by gazerstar]

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   

I am more surprised at the response from the large majority of ATS members who act like this is no big deal. I don't see why I should change what I say or my posting mannerisms because the FBI is watching this website. All I was saying is that the FBI watching this website is a greater deal than what people here are making it out to be.

Don't forget we're talking about a government that not only pulled off 9/11, but pre-planned it out 30 years in advance. The US government is the devil.

America is the great satan.

There are no secrets. It's more of a privacy issue.

There only thing that really separates people are just different levels of incredulous belief.

[edit on 24-2-2010 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Thank you sir, I believe you answered many question's some have had in one simple post, whether they choose to believe it or not, is their decision, I for one do, and appriciate your candor. I have always known this in my heart, but, to have it confirmed in a sincere statement, is refreshing... S & F's to you

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
They are people! Not nameless, faceless, evil alphabet agencies.

Shh, you're ruining the fantasy!

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
The feds are not the ones who are doing the spying.
It's the NSA. The NSA has a niffty little monitoring program called "trailblazer" it's a super computer that watches every piece of information on the web..in fact the movie Eagle Eye was based idea wise from project trailblazer. So they are always watching.

Besides local LEO agencies will become the way of out sourcing and electronic replacment in the very near future. Here in Maryland and D.C. a few local counties are setting up bids for a military style security firm to start taking up local law enforcement duties. The huge influx of traffic/speed camera's have given the local politicians and officials a new weapon to cut local budgets in area's some before might not have thought of.
The speed camera's and stop light cameras are generating so much money and doing such a better job at catching speeders it allows the counties to cut the need for human officers. By doing this it cuts heavy pensions and salaries and the need for patrol cars. The local counties can then out source to these Law Enforment Contractors at a much lower price and make tons of money for the cities. This in turns allows the local municipals to focus and atoll for county and city funds to be directed to the law enforcement division who need the funds i.e. murder/rape divisions. Instead of traffic and misc. criminal divisions.
You can piss and moan the "there will never be a replacement for a police officer". Well I hate to break it to ya..There is..! And it's coming ..fast. In fact they are working on it 5 suites down from my lab. I talk to the engineers and agents and government contractors every morning in the lobby.There are new companies popping up around D.C. who's sole purpose is engineering cpu softwear and electronic technologies that's sole design is to eleminate the need for a armed patrol officer who needs to sleep and needs to get paid to to a job. And there will be certain type of LEO's who's jobs are harder to replace and those I don't think need replaced like upper educated investigators. The others are well just a matter of time before they go way of the grocery store clerk and full service gas station attendant..in the end the geeks will win.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join