It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS website mentioned to me by FBI agent today...ON A TRAFFIC STOP![UPDATE]

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
this is not meant to be a bash at the OP at all..i believe his story & find it humorous

But to anyone who says "SEE? THERES PROOF"

Come on, man! An FBI agent? Really? I mean, how many of them REALLY do anything at all, outside the realm of what they're told?

FBI agents aren't like Smith from the Matrix. They're not in every nook & crany.

Now the CIA on the other hand....

I would be MORE surprised to find out that NO government officials frequent this site. Just because they're in the government doesn't mean they're probing this site. Of all the gobs and gobs of threads that get posted every day, only a very small mans hand size amount of them are credible and to be taken seriously. As with anything in life

[edit on 24-2-2010 by Snarf]

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by MBSCSDD

People who know stuff NEVER post it in a forum like this. They never put it in writing anywhere and they never verbalize it except in close private company and with the disclaimer that they will deny ever saying it and you will be discredited and go to jail if you ever bring it up publicly!

Now, if someone on here stumbled upon something and hypothesized correctly, that could trigger a visit I guess.

NSA, CIA, even FBI and regular LEO are privy to a host of confidential information that could cost them their jobs, cost them civil liabilities, and possibley send them to jail for accidentally revealing. Even IRS and DOR have these issues. I had to initiate an investigation into a State Employee that said some stupid stuff while drunk at a Christmas party. He would up losing his job and will probably lose custody of his children to his ex-wife, all because he bragged about having connections, and it was more than likely just empty bravado, but it doesn't matter.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Prime-Vector
was this in a ride zone? you cant just pull someone over and ask for a license without an infraction. NOR can you type a persons name or license into a computer without it being logged and traced to verify that the person was pulled over or even met this cop.

You spent 15 minutes talking about a website?

Why werent you out looking for criminals?

Are you even a real cop? haha

WOW your definitly not a cop...lol. A ride zone? You mean a beat..aka..a patrol zone? Yes it was. Had you read the posts, he was a suspicious vehicle, i.e. no need to pull anyone over...and everything on GCIC/NCIC is logged...any cop knows this...whats your question?

Yes god forbid I talk to someone on the job...fire me now...seriously...learn before you speak.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I believe that many federal agents/agencies do frequent here.
Whether they think people "dream" this stuff up is their own agenda.
However, if they are educated, read the articles online about certain situations, do research, and try to see all view points, well they should be reassured that the entire world is crumbling to garbage. Yes many of us are just small fries that need not be followed by anyone, but to believe that this land is free and rights are our number one tool of force is, well, a conspiracy in itself.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I am going to post this before I even get past page four of what I have already digested from this thread because I can already predict the multitude of different posts that will ensue.

To be blunt, it smells like a pile of crap.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
My friend rcwj1975
Myself and quit a few friends of mine visited this site and they still do. I wanted for a few years after I retired before I joined. But, I'm here to tell ya,,,, This was and is a great information gathering site. No Not Gathering Info On Any Members, at lest I or my friends didn't. Of-course they are all retired now too and yes,,, they still visit.
Some of you older members are like old friends to us.
We use to long on and ask,,,, I Wonder What So and So Thinks Of This?
Hell,,, I use to long on at the Internet cafe in Beijing and Harbin China when I was working there and My Future Wife was assigned to follow me and around,,, With out my knowing of course.

S&F for you my fellow memeber and Law Enforcement Officer FRIEND.

Please excuse the spelling, my fingers aren't as limber as they once were.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by loveguy
Hello,
I have a few questions for the OP.
You said his car didn't register on the NCIC. That's the national criminal information center if I'm not mistaking. Having it not come-up as a registered vehicle must've been the flag to prompt you to his door, because you had no info on the occupant?

Again all CID, Narcotics, and other undercover cars DON'T come up on NCIC/GCIC...there is a purpose for this. The fact I had his FBI ID helped me understand WHY..and SHOULD be clear to you. Also, if you know anything about checking on the status of ANY LEO (fed, local, state, etc...) there is a very fast and easy way for me to verify his employment/credentials so i don't have to be concerned. Again EXPERIANCE in the field will help you understand all this.

I'm just curious why his car isn't registered to anyone in particular. It's just a very odd protocol, since nothing was mentioned after the fact. Wouldn't it be comparable to a felony stop? You had to have had your hand on your weapon as you approached him. You guys in law enforcement deserve props for bravery. I might've shot first, then asked questions later!
JK!

It IS registered..just not returned on the patrol computers return. Again, experiance in this is key. Felony Stop...are you serious...good lord man...slow down...lol. There is a HUGE difference between a suspicious vehicle and a felony stop...HUGE..and how it is handled.

LOL...don't shoot first...PLEASE!

link   
From what I understand, various intelligence communities utilize AboveTopSecret as a literal think tank. The folks here, many in bizarrely unique mindsets, all give various out of the box thoughts, opinions, and even theories about a huge variety of things.

ATS is also a good site for them to keep tabs on in case there is indeed a breech of national security. If that happens, chances are someone here will stumble across it, and post it. This also works the other way, being if there is a breach from another country, it will also appear here and could provide valuable intelligence.

Overall, they keep their hands off the community in order to preserve this valuable resource, only intervening when absolutely necessary in order to protect extremely valuable national secrets or other intel.

[edit on 24-2-2010 by DJM8507]

link   
reply to post by rcwj1975

FBI agents are actually a little skittish in their cars for this reason. They carry a lot of electronics and weapons. They are often parked and observing something which makes them seem suspicious. Many "local" cops do not like Federal authorities, and it is perfectly acceptable and common for a guy like rc to pull them over and write them some tickets!!

His "official" car would probably come back as a Government vehicle, but his personal vehicle would not.

Sometimes for various reasons an FBI agent will have his personal vehicle and/or his spouses plates removed from the NCIC. At times they may be investigating other LEO's. It is simpler to have it blocked from the database than it is to have some anonymous name come up.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by duality.vs.reality
I am going to post this before I even get past page four of what I have already digested from this thread because I can already predict the multitude of different posts that will ensue.

To be blunt, it smells like a pile of crap.

Why? Because it didn't happen to you? Of the thousands of federal agents employed each year, do you really think the possibility of at LEAST one of them coming HERE is a "pile of crap"???

Type conspiracy theory into google and ATS is in the top 5
Type in government conspiracy into google and ATS is #1

wow...what are the ODDS!?

/end sarcasm

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Well if I were in law enforcement, I would use this site to gain a prospective and leads on information as well. Like the FBI stated there are some educated people on this site that have the ability to uncover a lot of information quicker than law enforcement agencies could ever mount an investigation for. Having thousand of investigators uncovering possible leads and information is something I think law enforcement would be stupid to just dismiss as conspiracy stuff. There is excellent information in this site, excellent research, and excellent opinions of that information including how the public is reacting to such information.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Snarf
this is not meant to be a bash at the OP at all..i believe his story & find it humorous

But to anyone who says "SEE? THERES PROOF"

Come on, man! An FBI agent? Really? I mean, how many of them REALLY do anything at all, outside the realm of what they're told?

FBI agents aren't like Smith from the Matrix. They're not in every nook & crany.

Now the CIA on the other hand....

I would be MORE surprised to find out that NO government officials frequent this site. Just because they're in the government doesn't mean they're probing this site. Of all the gobs and gobs of threads that get posted every day, only a very small mans hand size amount of them are credible and to be taken seriously. As with anything in life

No worries friend....as for the SEE PROOF...that was for the worry warts I see all over the threads...more sarcasm then anything. As I said before, if he WASN'T an FBI agent NO ONE would care that someone asked me about this site as thousands do around the world...but the mere fact he happened to be an FBI agent following up on an ex-con...ohhh man...

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I think it would be irresponsible for the feds to not be monitering such websites like ATS. the I in FBI is not for "Ignorance" (arguably..*cough*).

I would also assume the CIA, NSA, and the rest of the alphabet organizations moniter such websites. If this suprises anyone, then erm...well theres not much hope for you now, is there.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Got a kick out of your last post to the"ride zone" author, a license can be demanded, due to the fact that he is operating a motor vehicle, and must have it on his person to do so... I also enjoyed the felony stop comment, in regards to the NCIC comeback on the plate... Just about fell out of my chair when I read the "your not supposed to talk to anybody on the job"
Well, keep up the good work, and I think ya got what ya figured on this one... kinda knew it was coming I'm thinking.
I knew from the get go, even ex-cop's know cop's....hang in there brother

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Could be that he had just read a good thread and the subject was on his mind.

People are people until it is time to put the game face on. All of us are like that to a degree, but it is more noticeable with Law Enforcement, Politicians, Actors, Musicians doing a live show, Pro-Wrestlers, Athletes... Certain jobs require that difference to show professionalism and to be in the right frame of mind to do the job at hand.

People would be amazed at the conversations that can be had when talking to a person on a person to person basis versus a professional basis. I used to work with a guy that was retired from the FBI out of DC. He job was basically to do threat assessment. He had some really great stories and only a few of them were directly FBI related. (and yes, proper details were left out as needed. Sometimes I even asked if something was too much of a detail and needed to be "forgotten").

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Am I the only one that feels OP shouldn't have shared where and what the agent was doing there?

Perhaps the agent felt free to talk since OP is also in law enforcement bussiness, but if this happened to be some sort of covert operation and the 'scumbag' he mentioned happens to read this, then that guy's cover is blown specially if he saw a cop talking to this guy for 15 minutes.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   

No worries friend....as for the SEE PROOF...that was for the worry warts I see all over the threads

Of course we all know that this one FBI agent doesn't know for sure that no one is followed. And hey...he may even be feeding you dis-info knowing you will post it

And yes...the above is supposed to be sarcastic...or is it? I kind of like having fun with the paranoia here

BTW rcwj...you should start a post for "ask a cop" so we can all ask our silly little questions we always wanted to ask a cop. Like if a cop is speeding...can I just speed behind him and not get a ticket?

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Let's see:

A couple of law enforcement professionals share a brief chat, maybe some "shop talk'.

As coincidence would have it, one of them, an "out-of-towner", is in the area to have a talk with a known offender: who, amoung other things, is not allowed internet access as a direct result of his offense(s).

It seems perfectly natural to me, and in fact probably an indication of professionalism (and professional courtesy!0 for the newcomer to "get a heads-up" from the local guy regarding the "lay of the land", so to speak.

And let's face it, some might regard ATS as a pretty decent "snapshot" of, at least a certain segment of, the population...

...A segment that might seem attractive to computer-savvy scofflaws, in particular.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
There have been some posters here that say they are in law enforcement. There have been some posters here that will not say what their employment consists of, only that it is something governmental. There have been posters that will imply that they have something to do with something that they cannot say.

Yet all of them agree that there is nothing to worry about at all in the least about their, or other similarly employed people who have an interest in the site. Ok. I am that far and I believe I'm on to something.

So, taking the approach of someone who doesn't really think about such things, I would be aware of such participation at this site. Does it have an effect on how I post or what threads I participate in? No, because like they have all agreed there is nothing to be paranoid about.

Now someone who may have something absolutely groundbreaking to offer the site and knows that this site may be frequented by connected individuals or organizations will be inclined to keep it to themselves at this point. Do I see an agenda here? I might, I just might.

So thank the FBI and the other shady organizations for reducing the importance and quality of the site. In a very well orchestrated thread they have innocently told us all that they are watching out for the real whistle blowers. They have planted that seed and yes we are all aware that their is absolutely no where to get the truth out now.

I believe that their is a member who has some very important information that will not be shared now. Or have I gone over the edge? I don't know, you be the judge.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   
That is a cool story and I like your avatar OP.

It actually doesn't surprise me if the Feds were not only visiting this web site but, were involved in developing this web site to draw in people who they would consider radicals or those who have knowledge they shouldn't have. Also they can even promote propaganda as they pose as regular people on here if they choose.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join