It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gordon Brown calls for a World Constitution

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Out Of Chaos , Comes Opportunity

Using the last 2 years of Global Downturn as a backdrop , Brown uses this

an a excuse for a Global Constitution to cure the ails.

He seems to claim that the only way to progress out of this downturn, is to

use this crisis, for a radical new start.

The man loves 2 words, Global, Globalization.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Sean48

Sounds like more Progressive BS to me. Now I finally get why so many British citizens hate this guy. How many times did he call himself Progressive? I would think he would be ashamed of being that and try to hide it deep in the recesses of his mind.

Oh if we would all just give total control to our government and then they give their control over to a world government the world will be all lollipops and unicorns. Do they think we are tards? (No offense to the mentally challenged.)

[edit on 22-2-2010 by Mr Sunchine]

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I noticed that you stop short of what Brown actually said. He called for a world constitution for the global financial system. What's being said and what you mean it to say are two pretty different things!

My $.02

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by supyo
I noticed that you stop short of what Brown actually said. He called for a world constitution for the global financial system. What's being said and what you mean it to say are two pretty different things!

My $.02

huh new world order new world goverment are both the same things, and also a world constitution means a total world goverment as for what he said about the financial system, i believe that was a just cover, so people wont noticed.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 04:54 AM
link   
"World Constitution for the global financial system..."

Since when did they really care about Constitutions? Nothing to worry about folks, they'll draw up some rough guidelines and then go the opposite way. Doing it against the 'rules' is always more profitable.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   

huh new world order new world goverment are both the same things, and also a world constitution means a total world goverment as for what he said about the financial system, i believe that was a just cover, so people wont noticed.

Did you even watch the video, or read my post? I don't get why you're rambling on about how new world order and new world government are the same thing since it has nothing to do with my post that you quoted. Brown called for a constitution to govern the goings on in financial markets (nothing more), presumably in order to prevent the manipulation of assets and balance sheets and to prevent another financial disaster like the one we're currently going through.

Edit to respond to your last sentiment: Did you happen to notice that the entire speech was about the financial system? It wasn't something he 'brought up' so people won't notice the real agenda, it was the sumtotal of his speech!

[edit on 23-2-2010 by supyo]

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Desperation, in a word. On Gordon Brown's part I mean.

Reviled and feared by his own party, hated by GB, snubbed by Obama and the other elite of the world. Brown's pathetic attempt to lead the charge of the NWO is a painful display. He knows he won't be around much longer in his current job, and is thinking ahead and the gigs he could try and score as a globalist. Unfortunately this man is being abandoned left and right. I wonder what his future is, and whether it will be anything close to as rosy as Blair's.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
It was the 4 minute mark that raised my eye brows.

Originally posted by Mr Sunchine
reply to post by Sean48

Now I finally get why so many British citizens hate this guy.

I would guess that most ppl hate gordon brown because he wasn't voted into power. He aquired the position. i dont pay attention to all the smoke and mirrors so i could be wrong. + that thing he does with his mouth at the end of every sentence really gets on my tits!
tits isnt deemed profanity is it?

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Just more of the same thing. Everyone is ready to break out their tin-foil hats.
Don't you understand nothing will come of this? If there is anything to come from this do you really believe the USA would sign on? Honestly? What have we signed onto before, we have not signed onto any international laws the intrude onto our sovereignty. I will not tell the people of Europe and South America not to worry because they are known for signing onto things such as this. But to believe in a NWO is to believe in Christianity, which is ludacris. The only way this could happen is if we are not strong, people who believe in an evil NWO must lack serious confidence in human will and power.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Does he always look like he just smoked a big fat one? Could splain some things.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Every time progressives say something is broken they say the fix for it is less freedom. This guy is such a rotten P O S.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by supyo

Did you even watch the video, or read my post? I don't get why you're rambling on about how new world order and new world government are the same thing since it has nothing to do with my post that you quoted. Brown called for a constitution to govern the goings on in financial markets (nothing more), presumably in order to prevent the manipulation of assets and balance sheets and to prevent another financial disaster like the one we're currently going through.

Edit to respond to your last sentiment: Did you happen to notice that the entire speech was about the financial system? It wasn't something he 'brought up' so people won't notice the real agenda, it was the sumtotal of his speech!

[edit on 23-2-2010 by supyo]

Wow, I think you just invented a new concept.

Tell us all please..How can a foreign entity have control of a country's financial system and not have control over said country?

You're equivocating. that makes about as much sense as saying " No your honor, I did not kill that man. The bullet from my gun did....." You cant separate the two.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Oh good Lord some of you sure seem to not see the forest through the trees do you ?
Money is what TALKS in our society,if they have a WORLD FINANCIAL SYSTEM everything and everyone else will fall into line for a WORLD GOVERNMENT .

PS this whole financial mess was created just for this reason ....Problem,reaction solution (why cant most see this as it is )

[edit on 23-2-2010 by Simplynoone]

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Wow, Brown In my opinion pushes for the NWO more than any other leader; Even more than Bush did!.....Why are there not more British citizens up in arms over this guy....or maybe they are and the MSM just does not show us. This guy just does not come off as the guy they would have chose to lead the push though.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
This is very old news, Brown has been calling for such a system for quite some time as a way to try to balance out and protect the global financial markets and to avoid *another * situation where the US market goes to hell in a handbasket and screws up everyone else around the world in the process - AGAIN.

Face it, there is almost no point fighting against any kind of globalization - it's already here, alive and well, and has been for years.

He's not calling for a single currency or a single government. He's suggesting more of a "code of conduct", if you will, for the international financial markets. Somthing that will help prevent an individual market going rogue and screwing things up for everyone else. If he was NWO, he would be calling for no such thing - he would be asking for once currency worldwide.

And anyway - get real - this is Gordon Brown, he's about as politically sharp and dangerous as a wet sponge. He's not even a threat to his afternoon tea and biscuits.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Within the first 10 seconds, I heard him say the word "progressive" twice. I'm not a Glenn Beck fan, but I find it odd how he's been taking about the progressives almost every day on his show as of late, and now Gordon Brown says it so blatantly. I have to wonder if these two are tied together somehow.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I worry not - he has little time in office left in the UK.

The Bullying Scandal - which seems absent from ATS (or maybe I missed it) was yet another nail in a Politician's (I wont call him PM as we never got to vote for him) and his party's coffin.

And as for Blair's endorsement of him as "one of the greatest Economic Minds of our age" ......... I went to the dole office laughing

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Sean48

Scary speech. Thanks for posting it. Now we know what was decided at the last Bilderberg Group meeting.

I have to chuckle at the "centre-left" reference on the ticker-tape. You simply don't get more far left than this.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Sean48

This reminds me that I am old enough to remember a time when there was skepticism, even in churches, about Biblical prophecies of a one world government or if not skepticism, then the belief that that had to be off in the distant future, so it was nothing we had to be concerned about.

Am I worried about it? Not really, and not for the reasons some Christian aren't. I don't believe in the "Pre-Tribulation Rapture" [heresy]. I am not worried, because Jesus wins in the end and I plan on staying on His side. Want proof that Jesus wins? Consider 1949 China. The Communists kicked out all the western Christian missionaries when they took over the country in 1949.

Then what happened? The phony "rice bowl Christians" stopped claiming to be Christians and became Communists. When it costs something to be labeled a "Christian" the church becomes more Christ-like.

Now, there are orders of magnitude more Christians in China than in 1949. What a strange coincidence?

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Not much ambiguity there, eh?

Years ago we were conspiracy theorists.
Now we're `futurists'?

s+f, with my thanks.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join