It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Wins Presidential Straw Poll at CPAC

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

So take your "he only got 1% or 2%" and 'put it where the sun don't shine'. lol

I overestimated Ron Paul's percentage.....I was way off. He only received 0.04% of the vote in 2008. Even Cynthia McKinney beat him.

[edit on 20-2-2010 by Carseller4]

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Rand Paul will maintain his dad's legacy.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
Will you vote for the independent? Or are you going to just vote a straight ticket?

I always vote a straight ticket... anything not democrat or republican.

I don't care what party it is, so long as it's not the status quo. Unfortunately in PA write-in's aren't allowed. So, I couldn't vote for Paul the last election, I think I voted for the Libertarian candidate, whoever that was.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   
This is the best news I have heard in a very long time!!! I really can't believe that he was able to get that kind of party support. Now, can we have a special election this fall to get rid of Obama? Haha, If only it was that easy.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   
In response to those claiming they will conduct a smear campaign against RP I have to politely disagree.

They will conduct the most horrid attack you can on any candidate, none. I predict when 2012 arrives RP will be suspiciously absent from the headlines and commentaries, almost as if he simply doesn't exist.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4

Kinda makes it hard to get votes when you're not on the ballot and most states don't allow write-ins don't you think? Nah, just ignore that fact and sweep it under the rug.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Ron Pa.... errr.. Good God. Palin got 7%??!

Can I get some info on those 7%? How about little red GEarth blips? Not even swamp gas pasted on their mailboxes? Wtf is wrong with you people? I understand this thread is supposed to be about Ron Paul, but Palin got 7% of the vote!?!

This means at VERY least 7% of the "US public" is not only mentally weak, but actually READ HER BOOK!

It's over, folks. If she's got 7% now, she'll have 8% within 30 months. And we all know 8% is easily enough for Pubs to rig an election win.

Get your guns or your roses, I suggest both.

Cheers,
Strype

Weeping,
Strype

[edit on 21-2-2010 by Strype]

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   
I live in New Zealand, and even I would like to vote for Ron Paul!

Lets hope he gets the chance.

g

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4

Originally posted by muzzleflash

So take your "he only got 1% or 2%" and 'put it where the sun don't shine'. lol

I overestimated Ron Paul's percentage.....I was way off. He only received 0.04% of the vote in 2008. Even Cynthia McKinney beat him.

[edit on 20-2-2010 by Carseller4]

Not quite sure why you find this statement humorous ?

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Ron Paul is a true american hero. Anyone that disagrees with ending the fed is either with the bankers or in complete denial.

In the next few years i think it is very important to get more like minded individuals into congress. The neocons must stop ruining the republican party!

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by dazbog

I'd imagine it's humorous when his election results are most obviously cited by false information. Saying he got under 1% of the vote would be funny if he were actually participating in the entire "said" election, but he wasn't. His ".04% of the votes" came from 2 state votes out of 50. Allow ATS to create the misconception that his 1% was against the majority though! And lets go even further and LAUGH at him while comparing his votes to McCain and Obama's election results as if it actually meant something. You people....

Pathetic. You don't have to like him, but quit tossing BS. Y(Our) government is doing just fine without you lying for them.

Cheers,
Strype

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 01:25 AM
link   
S&F.

Originally posted by Conclusion
I agree. He takes people into account. He, if anything, seems to be more genuine to the peoples needs than the others.

Being a true patriot, which I think Ron Paul is for being the realistic he is - especially towards the public - he would know this before hand obviously.

Unfortunately the statement above may be true, if you become too good of a president, you'll be taken out. However, if things really do change, assuming he is elected president (which yes is a long ways off) maybe everything will change. Although I guess anyone here can come at what I'm saying with something like "If tptb want someone dead, they get killed, period."

[edit on 21-2-2010 by highlyoriginal]

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Ah, I would love to be a Precinct Leader for Dr. Paul again. I have never felt so alive in my life. The countless hours of campaigning for him, standing in the cold rain, making the calls, and meeting all the people. It was a blast!

Then to watch in dismay as state after state ignored him. And the MSM blanked him out. Yet he won every poll online, had the majority of the support from the military. And he easily made all the other candidates look ignorant and uneducated.

I would love to see him as our President. As Michelle Obama said, "For the first time in my adult lifetime, I'm really proud of my country....... I think people are hungry for change."

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by minute2midnight

The Libertarian candidate was Bobb Barr. He voted for the Patriot act. That's why I did not vote Libertarian for the first time in many years. Bob Barr is no Libertarian.

[edit on 2/21/2010 by Blueracer]

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Strype

I don't support Palin but I think it's wrong to call her supporters "mentally retarded". Just because you disagree with someone, there's no need for that.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by EagleTalonZ

Maybe he should consider running as a Libertarian again. He would easily get the nomination. If he stays Republican, there's a chance that he might only be on two ballots again.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 02:08 AM
link   
My apologies.

That wasn't the message I was trying to convey. Got heated over something personal and mis-worded my entire post. Won't happen again.

Cheers,
Strype

[edit on 21-2-2010 by Strype]

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 02:29 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Strype

It's really quite bizarre, isn't it? Like I said, someone directed a post on ATS towards me using the words Sarah Palin and fiscal sanity.

Huh. Yeah, whatever.

I about fell out of my chair and I truly don't know how to respond to that. The ridiculousness of it astounds me.

Moving on, can the propaganda machines of the parties and MSM keep him out again? Does he even want to run again at his age? If he gets elected will he even make it into office? If he stays there for any amount of time can he do anything? As we all know the President is mostly a puppet.

To those claiming Ron Paul didn't get any votes in the last election, he dropped out. He wasn't in the election. Write-in votes were not counted so were useless.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheCoffinman

ron paul looks to be the fronturnner for the republican nomination right now... of course its waaaay too early to tell but i can honestly say if the republicans did elect ron paul to be thier candidate for president and it was him against obama i would vote ron paul. ron paul is the only man in touch with the common american in congress period. if he dont work, or doesnt get a chance to work, this country is done for.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

well.. I seem to remember that it was Ron's financial pocket book that was perhaps greater or as great as any of the other runners.. am I correct?? Since this is true, and $$ wasn't the issue, why did he concide?

And if he still has the following of the last grp of folks, god bless their souls for voting for him, would it still be enough to get him across the line ??

I seriosly, SERIOSLY doubt it~!

1)THEY, wanted a black man up there, someone that was grommed for the position. Someone they could count on to LIE to us, as the last presidents have since LBJ. someone that could take the public by storm, after creating a HUGE vacume of hate for the one before him, they'd take ANYONE just to get rid of Bush regime. Oh and should we forget the 'promises' he made too..

yeeeeah .. aint gonna happen.

(2) Ron is old, meaning his health is detierating meaning, he has only a few, 2, perhaps 3 at the most, to make some kind of impact. he'll 'might' make it close.. but, something will happen, just like it did in the last election, Ron tossed the towel and pushed all that money to the other canidate.

3). I've been wrong before, but, I doubt we'll see another REAL president in the coming years.. since they'll all be controlled by the UN agenda.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join