It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Wins Presidential Straw Poll at CPAC

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+60 more 
posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Ron Paul Wins Presidential Straw Poll at CPAC

www.foxnews.com

Ron Paul has ended Mitt Romney's three-year run as conservatives' favorite for president, taking 31 percent of the vote in the Conservative Political Action Conference's annual straw poll.

Paul, a Republican congressman from Texas known for his libertarian views, ran for president in 2008 but was never a serious contender for the GOP nomination.

Romney, former Massachusetts governor and also a 2008 GOP candidate, has won the last three presidential straw polls at the annual conference. This year, he came in second, with 22 percent.

Sarah Palin, who didn't attend the conference, wa
(visit the link for the full news article)

+23 more 
posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
ron paul looks to be the fronturnner for the republican nomination right now... of course its waaaay too early to tell but i can honestly say if the republicans did elect ron paul to be thier candidate for president and it was him against obama i would vote ron paul. ron paul is the only man in touch with the common american in congress period. if he dont work, or doesnt get a chance to work, this country is done for.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I agree. He takes people into account. He, if anything, seems to be more genuine to the peoples needs than the others.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Well done RP, nobody can deny he is on the side of the people, the problem he will encounter if he is to successful is all to know. RIP JFK.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
indeed, there would no doubt be a high risk of assassination if he really made some major overhauls in the system... in fact, there shouldnt even be a system... im not even sure if paul was president hed be able to do a whole lot anyways as the banker big business cronies in cingress would surely stall anything... change not only has to be made in the white but in the chambers of congress as well... the electoral system, the supreme court, all of it, its gotta come down and we need to start over...

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   
If he does get to run for president, I'm definitely going to vote for him. He knows what the people need, and would fight for that, rather than for his own needs.

+9 more 
posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
The smear campaign against Ron Paul is going to kick into HIGH GEAR.

Watch.

He'll be named everything in the book. They will try to destroy him on Fox News.

Someone should tell Eurisko that Sarah Palin got only 7 percent!

[edit on 20-2-2010 by David9176]

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
sarah palin is a joke and a manchurian candidate... shes a talkin head with a pair of legs... im amazed she got 7%.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Here we go again! Just like the run up to the 2008 Presidential elections.

Expect Ron Paul to win every unscientific poll, every online poll, and raise ungodly amounts of campaign cash. Then when the adults actually vote he ends up with 1% or 2 % just like in 2008.

Thought John McCain was old? Ron Paul is older than McCain. Ron Paul will be 77 years old in 2012.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheCoffinman
indeed, there would no doubt be a high risk of assassination if he really made some major overhauls in the system... in fact, there shouldnt even be a system... im not even sure if paul was president hed be able to do a whole lot anyways as the banker big business cronies in cingress would surely stall anything... change not only has to be made in the white but in the chambers of congress as well... the electoral system, the supreme court, all of it, its gotta come down and we need to start over...

I agree it all has to come down to be real again. America has a House. At least it used to have a House. now it is a home for a Corporation. most of you have, at one time or another, worked for a corporation. All corporations have something in common. They all need a corporate head, a CEO, a Boss over the company. This is America's House now, it has become a company that You, the People now work for, instead of the other way around. You may not know, or even believe this, but each one of you reading this is a commodity. Commodities are bought and sold on Wall Street every day, aren't they?

The only way we the People will ever get those fat cats, those greedy bastards out of their comfy places if to fire them all and start over again. Can this be done? Yes, it can. We put them in there, didn't we? what if America just stands up and votes "no confidence" to all of the Congress and Senate, and yes, even the Supreme Court.

Here is an idea I had today.
What if the Governors of all 50 States came together and hold a summit? Say in Kansas City, a central location. Say that this summit of Governors sent a demand to the White House, the Congress, the Senate, the Supreme Court. "Want to keep your jobs? Then come down here and explain why you need to keep it to us. Tell us what you have done for, or against the people of the united States." "either come here, to this summit, or else we take you out of public office tomorrow, with prejudice."

Now I think this is a good plan, and people of this fine forum, you can see what is happening in America today. Revolution is brewing, Rebellion is on everybody's lips.
Do We the People want another shooting war? No, we do not. We want a peaceful way to tear ourselves from this ragged corporation, we wish to quit. We wish to be a free people again. We desire no blood be shed, but people, if something doesn't happen soon, I fear an explosion here in America's Heartland. Look around you, and listen to the news, and look around on this forum. You all know it's true.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
If you guys don't remember ron paul always won the internet polls.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Hopefully this is showing proof that Neo-cons are losing control of the party. I will never vote for a Neo-con.

They've destroyed this country economically and destroyed our standing with the rest of the world.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Ron Paul will make REAL change happen.. and I tell you. Americans won't like it.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

Ron Paul will make REAL change happen.. and I tell you. Americans won't like it.

You may be right. Either way...Americans are not going to like what is coming in our future unless things DO change.

Many of the things he would like to do he will not be able to do. People freak out on some of his stances...but it would be impossible for him to do without backing from Congress which people seem to forget.

Anyway...he's an honest man who I believe will call out the corrupt. We need an honest man in the white house and I've never seen one for as long as I've graced this earth.

[edit on 20-2-2010 by David9176]

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   
My question is, Is it too soon to reactivate the meet up group?
Nothing like a real head start

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by TwilightMage
If he does get to run for president, I'm definitely going to vote for him. He knows what the people need, and would fight for that, rather than for his own needs.

I'm with you man, but interesting that you say 'rather than his own needs'. The question is, 'What are his own needs?' Do we know? I'm all for Ron Paul, but how do we know for sure that he doesn't have his own 'double agenda' running in the background. Let's remind ourselves that all he has done is just given us a bunch of good speeches as well. He tells us what we want to hear ironically. The same thing happened before Obama was president and look what happened. The best thing is for us to be skeptical of anyone running for president no matter what they say. A small place inside of me hopes that this time will be different, but that's exactly what Obama said and he was more of the same.

[edit on 2/20/2010 by Mr Knowledge]

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Thyhorrorcosmic

Yeah, but he never won the CPAC straw poll, Mitt Romney always did. He was their golden boy.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   
He is old, but he is also the best candidate that people know of. If he wins, and doesn't die of "old age" it will probably only because he serves powerful interests. Who's?
I think he'll inherit a bankrupted America, I think government borrowing has only put a band aid on the financial problems, and when China starts to sell it's treasuries, others will follow causing the band aid to pop off: www.thetrumpet.com...
So it could well be that the things he stands for such as...
Lower defence spending, less aggressive foreign policy, government-fed reorganisation, ect will have to come about anyway. Not because the elites have changed their hearts, but out of necessity!!!
That's why he might live to win, good news for American politics, but only probable because more important things like the currency are virtually wreaked.

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Knowledge
Let's remind ourselves that all he has done is just given us a bunch of good speeches as well. He tells us what we want to hear ironically. The same thing happened before Obama was president and look what happened.
[edit on 2/20/2010 by Mr Knowledge]

Wrong. He's got decades worth of voting records to back up what he preaches. Unlike other politicians, he's not just a bunch of pretty speeches. He walks the walk and has the voting record to prove it.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Congrads Ron Paul! I wish there were more honest and decent politicians out there like him.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join