It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Wins Presidential Straw Poll at CPAC

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kanati
I'm so confused on the topic of Ron Paul for president. I know he's the best thing we Americans have going for us, but I also know that if RP wins he's a dead man. Just look at the Kennedy's, and I think Ron Paul represents a lot more change than they ever did. The PTB will kill him "sure as moon shines on a mongoose" and if that happen AHWBL. I hope i'm just looking at the glass half-empty, but I fear my thoughts to be true.

I think you have a good point. But the powers that be are manipulating the country to the point of no return. We are giving up our rights as human beings at an astounding rate. Ron Paul is putting his life on the line because he cares about his country. Our country's enemies are shameless murderous monsters and they seem to be running the show. The glass isn't just half empty, it is a bottomless pit.

[edit on 21-2-2010 by m khan]

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I think it's hard to argue with the logic that Ron Paul puts forth. Regardless of his age he is the only person I can think of that would get a vote from me.

reply to post by NightGypsy

I must point out that "anachronistic" is not the same word as "anarchist".

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I worry for his age as well. It's one reason 2008 was a big year and a big deal. But he is very healthy and sometimes he looks just as healthy if not more so than he did in 2008. It's obvious Mccain does not think for himself after watching John Mccain for a few years - he just wants to be tough militaristic, and tow the line.

There are a lot of things congress could stall, but the one thing Ron Paul has always been adamant and correct about in the executive position is ending the wars. He would be able to pull out of Iraq and Afganistan, also perhaps our occupying bases in Korea. Would save us trillions a year.

It would also hurt Al-Quaida's recruiting numbers. Stop feeding the hate, stop giving them reasons to attack us, and maybe they will find somebody else to pick on.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Here is an idea I had today.
What if the Governors of all 50 States came together and hold a summit? Say in Kansas City, a central location. Say that this summit of Governors sent a demand to the White House, the Congress, the Senate, the Supreme Court. "Want to keep your jobs? Then come down here and explain why you need to keep it to us. Tell us what you have done for, or against the people of the united States." "either come here, to this summit, or else we take you out of public office tomorrow, with prejudice."

This sounds good, but actually how are we going to trust those governors. Obama just made a presidential decree, executive order, establishing 10 Governors over our 50 states & Puerto Rico that are supposed to replace those governors. And his list of candidates for those appointed governorships includes Brad Henry, Gov of OK for one. Governors are likely to be closer to the people than Senators, but not really close enough.I think that if people really understand what is an stake, try watching Shindler's List, I kid you not, that they would not be so easily bought out by tptb
I think the solution to the problem is a grass roots movement to make everyone aware of the evils of the FED of the evils of the WAR and the evils of the UN

[edit on 21-2-2010 by m khan]

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by All Seeing Eye
My question is, Is it too soon to reactivate the meet up group?
Nothing like a real head start

LOL do not say that! "Ok, deep breath, lets try again." We are going to need a billion flyers this time, and a good pair of shoes. We know what to do, maybe people will listen this time.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by EagleTalonZ
Ah, I would love to be a Precinct Leader for Dr. Paul again. I have never felt so alive in my life. The countless hours of campaigning for him, standing in the cold rain, making the calls, and meeting all the people. It was a blast!

Then to watch in dismay as state after state ignored him. And the MSM blanked him out. Yet he won every poll online, had the majority of the support from the military. And he easily made all the other candidates look ignorant and uneducated.

I would love to see him as our President. As Michelle Obama said, "For the first time in my adult lifetime, I'm really proud of my country....... I think people are hungry for change."

It was much the same for me. I never felt so alive in my life. To actually be a part of something I could believe in and approach with passion. Things like this are rare, I guess that's why we have so much energy saved up when they come across our path. But really I just wanted to thank you for your efforts. It really is heartbreaking to have been a part of it and to look back, but I guess that's life. You talk about standing in the cold rain, and there was probably nowhere else you'd rather be. Obama supporters, God bless them (and I only bring them up because they had passion too) they meant well but should have known better, not sure if many of them would be out in the cold rain of Wisconsin or Iowa, Massachussets holding up their signs.

Originally posted by Blueracer
reply to post by minute2midnight

The Libertarian candidate was Bobb Barr. He voted for the Patriot act. That's why I did not vote Libertarian for the first time in many years. Bob Barr is no Libertarian.

It's been a few years but I remember his explanation for that. The patriot act was meant to be used to fight terrorism. It was not a bad idea if the people in power do not abuse it. And I'm pretty sure members of congress (including him) made a statement that they would go along if the executive branches and the departments made a statement of confidence along those lines. Put into practice, the patriot act did not hold true to that promise, our leaders lied to get a bill passed, then abused it and their power.

One of Bob Barr's major items in his campaign was to end the patriot act. He hates the police state, government sanctioned airport security, he sees right through it. He is also strong for the 2nd amendment.

[edit on 21-2-2010 by Novise]

Originally posted by DarkspARCS
Don't get this wrong...

I like Ron Paul's methods, his truthfulness, and his intelligence.
His current (and publicly displayed, mind you) philosophy is right on the mark with the American Peoples. If indeed the years that Ron Paul has been trumpeting his voice against all that is destroying America has been done in good faith and intent, I am happy he got the nomination..

I however sense something more sinister at foot here.

Obama came onto the scene with his crafty words, all filled with apparent lies spoken between his teeth while making promises of Change to the American People. So far his record shows that all he is doing is continuing where Bush left off, - refusing to repeal unconstitutional Laws he said he'd repreal, failing to end the illegal war in Afghanistan and Iraq, but instead sending more troops over there and even sabre rattling against Iran, and Yemen, and even going heads up with Russia and China.

I don't trust any politician. period.

So far on this thread I've read post after post of how Ron Paul will be THE ONE....

He'll do this, he'll do that, he's for the people...

LOL... WHAT IF.....

All these years Ron Paul has been nothing more than the up and coming front man for the PTB, having actually been told that he needed to publicly denounce the actions and legislations being enacted by the American Government, in effect distancing himself - supposedly - from the politicians on Capitol hill, and in effect becoming the "salvation" for America the American People whole-heartedly believe in.

He is in essence that right now...

WHAT IF.... (yep, here it comes... lol)

America votes Ron Paul in and the current legislation in place now to create the American Dictatorship is then snapped into action - suddenly there's a lock down in America - with Ron Paul establishing the American Charter for U.N. Governance over this country, initiates the North American Union, and dumps the Dollar for a currency more in tune with the program - the Amero - which the Federal Reserve already has manufactured and secretly delivered to Banks across America and are what to expect when you make your next physical cash withdrawal.

all this - being told to us then by our savior Ron Paul - that this was the only way to save America - a 'bloodless' change of hands in Government - and that we should give it a chance to succeed.

What will go through your minds at that point people?

Acceptance?

After all - this is RON PAUL who's doing this, right? He's fair, He's for the people....

Mark this post, it very well may indeed be true. =)

That is so horribly unlikely. Ron Paul would vote no to the Amero period. He would rather die than do that, even on live television. He'd rather croak where he stood, than sign the Amero into law. He's only spent 20 years + on his beliefs and views, stood for them. He will go down as a moral hero, he would happily die for his principles.

What would go through my mind if it did happen that way? I guess I'd give up any trust in politicians. More likely than your theory even, would be for him to get assassinated or set up, framed. I'm sure if something happened it would happen with dodgy, sketchy details given to the public for conspiracy theorist to ponder over for decades.

Anyone that bothers to explain their views and not rely on buzz words and buzz phrases, is someone I'm willing to listen to. So Ron Paul, and as Barr has been brought up, I admire Bob Barr as well - he is excellent at explaining constitutional matters and his views.

[edit on 21-2-2010 by Novise]

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Ron Paul is who we need to make things change for the better and get our revolution in this country without any bloodshed. RON PAUL 2012!!!!

Aimee Allen Ron Paul Revolution song.......

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 21-2-2010 by kennylee]

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   
like any bad drug, if ron paul were to tackle the problems at the root of this whole system, of course america will prolly take a sh*t, for alittle while... but then itd get better again.. you gotta wonder tho, even if ron paul was in there for 8 years, would it be enough time?

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by TheCoffinman

Everything seems good because of modern technology and the efficiency provided by mass production and cheap transportation. As someone said, the dollar is really worth 4 cents. As long as our order at the fast food place is $5 our world makes sense. but really, you paid 20 cents for it. Sort of puts it all into perspective.

Our country has been brought to a standstill by the debt. We are already at that standstill. It just feels like we are doing ok. We should be providing basic needs with ease, health, food, water, etc. Entertainment should be easy. We should be exploring space and seriously colonizing it. We seriously S our productivity down the toilet day in and day out.

It's not very American to think that we are at our height. Obama wants to fix that with government spending, China style. This is America, the land of the free. Turn it over to the free markets, freedom, this is how America was MADE. In spite of the federal reserve, in spite of the income tax, in spite of all these bottomless pits of leeching off the common free man, America was made great.

The value of a human being is really remarkable. It's too bad our slave-masters, so to speak, steal so much of our productivity by proxy, and define our existence. We should not let them define it for us.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by TheCoffinman

Probably eight years wouldn't be enough time to completely pull the country out. We had eight years of Bush and it will be four years of Obama so that's 12 years of screwing the country up. I always heard that it takes twice as long to fix something than it does to destroy it.
But in eight years he could have the country going full speed ahead in the right direction, something we haven't seen in a lot of years....

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
RP is the horse I backed in 2008. I donated to his campaign,handed out fliers, pushed him on my site, Unfortunately, I couldn't vote for him in my state, he wasn't on the ballot. So I voted third party. I also have a major issue with the two party stranglehold on the system , but I will save this for another thread.

I hear so much talk about how is a fake, He is too old, Ive heard him called a wig....the fact is his voting record is indicative of how conservative he is. In 2008 he was the best man for the job, and I suspect he will be the best man for the job in 2012, if he runs.

FYI: Loads of videos of RP at my site.

www.restoretherepublic.org...

Listen to the man speak. Look at his voting record.

My belief is he one of the only honest politicians left right now. Do I distrust politicians, you bet! 99 %, But I believe RP is a man of the people. He is in his mid 70's, and I hope he runs in 2012. I don't care how old he is, he will get my vote, as long as he is still around.

The other choices are sad at best.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Ron Paul is the resistance..And the resistance is all that's left.

Wake up and join the resistance!

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by minute2midnight
reply to post by Carseller4

Kinda makes it hard to get votes when you're not on the ballot and most states don't allow write-ins don't you think? Nah, just ignore that fact and sweep it under the rug.

You don't seriously run for President unless you make sure you are on all of the states ballots. If Sarah Palin did this, people would call her an idiot for not getting qualified in all 50 states. (57 if you are Obama).

So the question is...was Ron Paul serious about running or was he just doing it to raise MONEY?

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Yea! Ron Paul!

He might be old, but he's not old AND out of touch like McCain.
He's more like wise and with it.

I just hope that Republicans AND Libertarians stay the heck away from Bob Barr, who came out this week and said that pagans shouldn't have the same rights as Christians...and openly ridiculed us....AGAIN.

If 'CONSERVATIVES' run hate filled war crazed candidates, I'll keep voting democrat.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by PatriotG
RP is the horse I backed in 2008. I donated to his campaign,handed out fliers, pushed him on my site, Unfortunately, I couldn't vote for him in my state, he wasn't on the ballot.

What serious Presidential candidate doesn't make sure he is on all 50 states ballots?

Ron Paul had more than enough money in his coffers to make sure this happened.....but it didn't. Where did the money go?

Are you going to donate money to Ron Paul again for 2012, knowing that he might run another half-baked campaign?

Ron Paul will be 77 years old in 2012....that will be impossible to overcome.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
If Ron Paul won in 2008, I think we would have had a small set back, but would have come out on top. Waiting till 2012, we might be so in debt that we HAVE to rely on the corporations to pay for things such as roads and civil service. Hopefully not, but it would be a reason they want him to win now that things are even worse. They might hope that he minimizes government so much that we beg the corporations to take over. I never will but the welfare population might.

Also, other congressman might show Ron Paul support, but they might only show it until they get re-elected.

Let's be sure to vote for congressmen based on their voting records and stances on the topics that matter most to us, not on their endorsements. Once we have good congress in place that won't falter to the corporations, then Ron Paul will not only change, but help us fix this country.

And people thought 2012 wasn't special...

[edit on 21-2-2010 by AliBruh]

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420
Ron Paul will make REAL change happen.. and I tell you. Americans won't like it.

you are correct here. But this is exactly what we need. Someone who will not sugar coat the facts, tell you it's going to hurt be it's for the best. Like a good ass whoopin. You hate to get it, but in the long run, it was for the best. You leaned something. I think he is a bit too real for the presidential spot. I vote he should take over the fed. that way everyone would be happy. he gets his wish to fix the terrible mess, and all the nay sayers would get to complain if he didn't fix it, or STFU when he did.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Also, so is the Department of Defense now considering the conserative GOP as domestic terrorists along with the other Ron Paul supporters they are afraid of?

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Is Ron Paul A Viable Presidential Candidate?

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I'm happy that Ron Paul is moving up... The problem is that the TPTB can control anyone they want to. The technology that they have is so way ahead of what we got. I think they can remote control humans and make them do whatever they want. If this and stuff like this is true then no president is going to solve the problems. A president is way to easy to control. I'm just hoping that people are not going to pin all their hopes on Ron Paul, sure he is a step in the right direction but they will only let him do so much. We're going to have to make changes ourselves, not rely on a new president. There are so many possible ways to take control of a president. I think having a president is out dated, as one person is too controlable
I'm not sure how to solve this problem.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join