It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elton: Jesus was a gay Lord

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by poedxsoldiervet
reply to post by EndOfTheWorld7

When in Truth no Skin color is more important then the other....

A black person walks away with a white child.

Skin color is important.

There is nothing racist about this.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by dzonatas

reply to post by EndOfTheWorld7

When in Truth no Skin color is more important then the other....

A black person walks away with a white child.

Skin color is important.

There is nothing racist about this.

I am a simple man with simple pleasures, I am not as smart as some of you, So please forgive me when I say.... What?

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
The term ‘homosexual’ (a fairly recent medical term) never existed in antiquity as such and was not even coined as a word at all in the medical literature until 1869. in German in a pamphlet by Karl Maria von Kertbeny (aka Karl Benkert) who was protesting the Prussian Sodomy Satutes (the legal antecedents of the infamous Nazi Paragraph #175) in the new Constitution of a Unified German state- being a clumsy neologism combining elements of both Latin and Greek, as with a lot of other 19th century medical jargon.

So the Israelites had no word for it, although they did have technical cultic words for male altar ‘sacred-prostitutes’ which were outlawed after the Exile (post 500 BCE)

Nonetheless, the word ‘homosexual’ (later in the 1960’s changed to ‘gay’) was quickly popularized both by practitioners of forensic medicine who were developing the new discipline of Sexology; it appeared for the first time in England was in 1892 just before the infamous Oscar Wilde Sodomy Trial (not to be confused with the OTHER one: the "Leonardo da Vinci Sodomy Trial" April-May 1476, which linked the great painter-scientist with the male prostitute Jacopo Saltarelli, but that is ANOTHER thread).

But back to the ‘baaaaahhhhble’.

The pre-Scientific (and wholly superstitious) ‘benei Yisro’el ( i.e. Israelites) following YHWH had RITUAL (priestly) prohibitions against what were known as TOQ’EBOTH (from the Heb. root: T-Q-B = ‘to hate’ i.e. a ritually ‘detestible object or pagan cultic action’

i.e. abominations such as a male cutting his forelocks (like pagans) or wearing linen and cotton in the same garment (like pagans) or eating shellfish (like pagans) or ‘males having ritual sex with other males on the altar’ (like pagans) etc. – here’s a list of TOQ'EBOTH ‘abominations’ listing the cultic mumbo jumbo of the Yahwists in Leveticus &tc.

NB: every clan-god in antiquity had their OWN list of Toq’eboth (ritually ‘hateful’ items, not just YHWH the clan-god of the Jews ! )

See : Genesis 43:32 “The Egyptians ate with him alone, because the Egyptians must not ever eat their bread with Hapiru (‘nomadic land-theives’), because Egyptians consider them to be Toq’ebah (‘a ritual abomination to their gods’)”

Genesis 46:34 “In that Day you shall say, 'Your slaves had been nomads from their beginning and still are to this day, both ourselves & our forefathers…’ Therefore they migrated their herds into Goshen: indeed, every nomadic sheepherder is a cultic Toq’ebah to the Egyptian people (i.e. and their gods).”

Leviticus 11:10-19 - (6) "But anything in the seas or rivers that doi not have fins or scales, or swarming creatures in waters & living creatures in the waters, these are ritually Toq’ebah (forbidden, ritually-detestible, etc.) they shall be Toq’ebah forever – you shall NEVER eat of the meat but shall hold it in ritual Toq’ebah (cultic-defilement) & everything in the waters that has not fins & scales is Toq’ebah (ritually detestible to YHWH) toyou”.

(well, so much for lobster or crabmeat salad sandwiches !)

Leviticus 11:41 "Likewise, every creature that swams (e.g. locusts) on the earth is a ritual Abomination (‘toq’ebah) to you : you shall not eat them.’

(so much for Yohanon bar Zechariah, aka John the Baptist & his wild honey treats & dig that fancy girdle that boy wore...)

Deuteronomy 17:1 "You will never ever sacrifice to your clan-god YHWH any oxen or a sheep upon which there is any mark or defect whatsoever : these are Toq’eboth (‘ritually detestible/abominable’) to YHWH your clan-god. “

1 Kings 11:5 In those days King Solomon was worshipping the goodess Astarte of the Sido'nians, and also human-sacrificed to Milkhom, which is the Toq’ebah (ritually detestible god) of the Ammonites.

1 Kings 11:7 - Then Solomon the King built a Temple to the god Chemosh the Moabite Toq’ebah (‘detestible idol’) and also built a Temple to the god Molech, that Toq’ebah (=the ritual ‘abomination’) of the Ammonites, and he built these shrines on the mountains east of Jerusalem.

Isaiah 1:13 " Thus says YHWH: Bring no more empty offerings to me ! Your incense-burnings are all Toq’ebot (‘ritually-hateful’) to me, your New Moons and Your Sabbaths and the Gatherings of the Congrgations are all for nothing ! I am sickened by all the (ritual) Filth of your Solemn Assemblies ! "

There are over 100 Toq’eboth listed in the Old Testament, all pertaining to the cult of YHWH i.e. ritual altar practices of the pagan Canaanites that the benei-Yisro’el were f assimilating with (BCE 1000 to BCE 587) over time.

Modern day ‘Christians’ (whatever that means) tend to think that the ‘males lying with males as with a woman’ refers to general homosexual acts, but it is clear in ‘Leveticus’ that this prohibition applied to the PRIESTS in a CULTIC way - TOQ’EBAH is used (a Yahwistic Temple) Term ref: ritual PRIESTLY acts – which applied ONLY to priests having sex with ‘sacred’ male-prostitutes

( ‘Qodeshim’, meaning literally ‘holy ones’ - referred to later as ‘dogs’ as a slang term): performed by 2 males (The QODESH /‘holy-one’, was dressed female & was ‘passive’ receiving the seed into his body) on certain Spring Festival Days on the altar to bring fertility of the land.

After the BABYLONIAN EXILE (587 BCE to 521 BCE), the Yahwistic priestly rules were foisted on the population (‘you shall be unto me saith YHWH, a KINGDOM of PRIESTS, a HOLY NATION !’) but not before.

We do not know ANYTHING re: the ‘sexual preference’ of R. Yehoshua bar Yosef the Galilean (Gk. ‘Iesous’) but as a 1st century Daviddic ‘pretender’ for the Throne of Yisro’el, he organized a Rebellion (arming his disciples Luke 22:35-47 & causing Riots in the Court of the Gentiles, for which he was executed as a SEDITIONIST- heading up a Counter Messianic movement against the Roman Occupation of Judaea in AD 36 - on the 100th anniversary of the Invasion of Pompey in BCE 63) he would have expected to 'take back the holy land' & lead 'his sheep' (of the Diaspora) back to the 'Promised Land' - a rereference to Genesis 15:16 where he believed in a Divine TimeTable :

("The TIMES [of the AMORITES] are FULFILLED...repent & believe in the Good News of the Kingdom (A Daviddic pretender (gay, bi, straight or…) would have been expected to marry to father Daviddic SONS to gguarantee the success of the KINGDOM of YIRSO’EL in the LAST DAYS

('Thus says YHWH: You shall NEVER lack a SON to SIT on the THRONE of Yisro'el...).

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by dzonatas

well your avatar certainly looks like polished bronze. bronze can range in color from dark brown to peachy-gold. sigh. i don't know why some people go so off the deep end about the color of their skin.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Avenginggecko

And please do not imply that others are not well researched in Christianity, just because they don't care what color the Israelites were (which is like arguing what shade of brown their eyes were), especially when you post quotes to prove your point that they were "black" when those quotes are obviously speaking figuratively and not literally.

Actually what Im saying is the actual tribal linage matters because every race/nation are listed in the Bible and the whole book is entirely based on the Israelites vs other nations, Mostly Jacob vs Esau later being Israel vs Edom.

Also Christ is obviously not gay.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Sigismundus

are you suggesting the israelites were
egyptians? because i read a huge study on this topic.
i also recall reading a letter written by Seti I, where he discussed
his view of his forefathers and that was like reading bible passages. Seti I was very solomon-like, not to say he was solomon, cause i don't think the timeline is right but he certainly had different ideas than some of the later pharaohs.

also, seems to me the hyksos shepherd kings were israelites.

[edit on 19-2-2010 by undo]

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   

I am a simple man with simple pleasures, I am not as smart as some of you, So please forgive me when I say.... What?

My child is missing.

I'm one color.

The person who walked away with her is another color.

If my child matches my color, why would you or anybody else let them be kidnapped by someone of a different color.

Skin color is important. If people think it is not important, this is why my child is missing.

God gave you eyes and a brain to see the difference in color... use them

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Well I am sorry, your child has been kidnapped, But because some one of a different color took your kid doesnt mean they all will.... There are Whites who Kidnap kids as well, It isnt the color of a person that matter, it is there heart and character that does.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Well I am sorry, your child has been kidnapped, But because some one of a different color took your kid doesnt mean they all will.... There are Whites who Kidnap kids as well, It isnt the color of a person that matter, it is there heart and character that does.

I said this isn't racist at all!!!

Why should it take a geneticist to tell you who the parent is?

By the time you get a geneticist at the scene, the kidnapped child is long gone.

Color matters... not what color... that fact there is a difference in color.

[edit on 19-2-2010 by dzonatas]

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo

well your avatar certainly looks like polished bronze. bronze can range in color from dark brown to peachy-gold. sigh. i don't know why some people go so off the deep end about the color of their skin.

I'm not even 'white', yet next to someone that is obviously somian or darker, there is a big difference enough to say... it's black and white.

Now, if i look at my blood color.... it's green... but you know, red and blue mix green. At least I'm not an illegal alien.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeltaPan

Including our Gael and Celtic ancestors matey.

Wasn't just converting non whites and slaughtering the nonconvertible along the timeline from around two millennia ago give or take a couple of centuries.

Did it to anything which moved and wasn't adherent to their controls ascribing to that branch of monotheism from the polytheist beliefs of extant pagan cultures everywhere.

Tried to eradicate us Celts matey, nearly succeeded

Peace.

Hi, yes they did it to the Celts too.
The Celts were Israelites under a different name.
There is a good book called When Scotland Was Jewish by Donald N. Yates kinda expensive but has good info on them, and another book by Steven M. Collins, they were worshiping Baal still and going off but they still kept the Sabbath other Israelite customs.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
It's also possible that Jesus never existed. All accounts of him are most likely the fictitious works of remnants of the Roman Empire, who were turned on by the Roman elite. They, in turn, took ancient knowledge, and supressed it from the rest of the world, causing the Dark Ages. Eventually, through the course of human curiosity and evolution, we started to master science. And isn't it funny; when we started to master science, a few families started to master banking, tossing us into the new Dark Ages of banking and monetary control.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by avatar01
Jesus was a SUPER Gay Lord. Why do you think he had his 12 "apostles" with him all the time? Jesus would often turn a barrel of water into wine and they'd all get super drunk and have a massive gay orgy. It's in the Bible!

What a disgustingly blasphemous post.
Obviously you haven't read the Bible
You must have been super-drunk when you posted it.
Are you intentionally trying to offend ?
Let's all just stop being politically correct for once (and even put religion aside) and call homosexuality what it really is.
It's an UNNATURAL ACT !
...ridiculous

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by DocEmrick

i've noticed a trend where it appears the researchers for subjects related to this topic, have started digging out passages from papers written during the beginning stages of the enlightenment period and prior to the creation of archaeology as a science. alot of their data had huge, gaping holes in it because they were working under the assumption that papal interpretation was infallibly correct. when they began to break away from that belief, they kept some of their previous determinations and left others by the wayside.

they also believed troy never existed and that the ancient greeks couldn't write, so their histories, annals, and epics were forgeries. they were wrong.

what followed was a host of other mistakes that were not discovered as mistakes until decades or even centuries, later. however, mistakes were not recanted if the person responsible was still alive. you could read one of those old texts and be left with the impression that it's super secret knowledge about history, only to find out some of it was simply an attempt by the german higher critics to prove the papacy had the best and only correct interpretation of ancient history (by attempting to trash everything else).

they eventually ended up tossing out most of the ancient world, only to find that when they did, there was nothing left to support the bible either. this is why we have authors today claiming there's no support for the bible. not because there isn't support but because they are referring back to pre-archaeology, german higher criticism.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Noromyxo

Originally posted by avatar01
Jesus was a SUPER Gay Lord. Why do you think he had his 12 "apostles" with him all the time? Jesus would often turn a barrel of water into wine and they'd all get super drunk and have a massive gay orgy. It's in the Bible!

What a disgustingly blasphemous post.
Obviously you haven't read the Bible
You must have been super-drunk when you posted it.
Are you intentionally trying to offend ?
Let's all just stop being politically correct for once (and even put religion aside) and call homosexuality what it really is.
It's an UNNATURAL ACT !
...ridiculous

And yet it is found all over nature, in thousands of species, and has been going on since religion, history, and mankind existed.

Seems like a natural occurrence to me...and science...and nature...so I guess you would be incorrect in that assumption.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
This is probably the most ridiculous thing I've read in a while... and that's certainly saying a lot.
The assumptions people make about Jesus are just hilarious sometimes.

1. He didn't spend most of his time in the company of men, in fact... it's often mentioned how often he is seen around women. For example, at his tomb, it is only women present. And either way, back then I'm pretty sure men only socialized with men and women only socialized with women. Which is what made Jesus so odd, he spent a lot of time around the people he shouldn't have spent time around: tax collectors, women, lepers, and sinners in general.

2. According to Catholic theology, Jesus was both fully divine and fully human, but just because he was fully human... it doesn't mean he would have had to have a child. If a single man or a single woman doesn't have a child, it doesn't mean they are gay, that's just silly. And either way, as "the son of God", he had much better things to do than to have relations with women. Obviously he was human and had human weaknesses, but because of his divinity, it is assumed he was better equipped to resist these weaknesses (despite the episodes where he looses his temper and he's rude and whatnot).

3. If Elton John wants to include in his personal view of Jesus the idea that Jesus was gay, he has every right to do that. But to try to apply that characteristic to everyone's image of Jesus is just... batsh*t crazy. I mean, many cultures characterize Jesus differently in order to relate to him as their savior better. African images of Jesus usually picture a black man, while Westerners have images of a pale white man with light hair (even though there is no way that Jesus could have possibly looked like that, considering his geographical location). So Elton John can think whatever he wants about his Jesus, but to come out and say to the world that Jesus must have been gay... I mean, come on Elton. Just, come on.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Hi Undo--

The Benei-Yisro'el as a group (loosely speaking) were an amphyctiony (tribal confederation) of many separate tribelets that intermarried over time being what are sometimes called 'semi-nomads' who neede to be constantly on the move following their flocks - sometimes to the Nile Delta to water them during droughts - and most of these tribelets (a mixed bunch) seem to have been of varioius Cannanite and Syrian extractions ('A Nomadic Syrian ready to starve was my Father' says Avraham in the book of Deuteronomy and also that other phrase in the Scroll of the Book of the Prophet Hezekiel 'a Cannanite was my mother' - so you can see some mixed blood here is being mentioned - most of the tribelets were not Egyptian by blood, with the possible exception of the so-called priestly Tribe of LEVI.

Most of the benei-Yisroel tribelets seem to be Syrian nomads.

Syrian (Aramaen) cult temple ruins dating from 2700-1900 BCE located on high hills and mountaint ops (interestingly !) in Lebanon and Syria have the exact same dimensions as the later Moses Tabernacle dimensions in Leveticus and Numbers even down to the Holy of Holies (cf: 'and YHWH said to Mosheh, you shall build the Tabernacle according to the ruins ('plan') that you were shown upon the mountain' but the text does not specify EXACTLY which mountain was meant..it could have been one in Aram (Syria).

Certainly the cult of the four faced Syrian and Assyrian god'Ashur' (and his fertility goddess wife Asherah, later who became the wife of YHWH before she was dumped as his Consort after the Babuylonian Exile i.e. after BCE 530) has echoes in the description of a 4-faced YHWH Merkhava (chariot of YHWH) found in the mangled paleoHebrew texts ofthe Book of the Scroll of the Prophet Hezekiel in both chapter 1 and chapter 10 (the face of Ashur likewise had the same facial contours as YHWH i.e. the face of a man, the face of an ox the face of an eagle and the face of a lion - the chiefs of all the noble beasts and man etc.) so the Ashur Cults and the YHWH cults certainly became joined together at one point, and the point of commonality is SYRIA - although the Cult of YHWH seems also to have imported some Egyptian ideas as well - and Egypt conquored the area north of the Galilee/Syria in ancient times and posted troops there, so no surprises that there would be some mixing of religious ideas.

The Hyksos ('nomadic kings') who ruled in Egypt sporadically from around 1850 BCE to 1550 BCE were originally 'asiatics' who had some Canannite blood mixed in as well i.e. mainly what we would call Nomadic Warrior Aramaen Syrians, so they were 'cousins' of the Israelite amphytionies, but not actually Israelites themselves. And these were kicked out eventually, which might parallel the idea of an Exodus, but this Hyksos 'kicking out of Egypt' process apparenlty took several hundred years, not a few weeks.

But LEVI definitely has some Egyptian overtones in its rituals and names (e.g. Urim ve Thummim dice were known in Egyptian court procedings of 'cursed' v. 'innocent').

This LEVI Tribelet (which (significantly !) owned no land in Canaan, which should tell you something there) is the only one with any kind of actual verifiable Egyptian derivative nomenclature that is linguistically traceable (MOSHEH (Moses) = 'son of' or 'born from' in Egyptian (not 'drawn out of the water !) hence RA-MOSHE (Ra-Mses) =born of Amun-Ra' cf: ThutMosheh ('born of Djechuti' or 'born of Thothis' if you like the Greek version of Thoth/Djechuti the Ibis headed Scribal god)

We see the name A'aron ('Ah-Harrunu' = Egyptian for 'skilled-warrior), and Miryam (possibly from the Egyptian Phrase Meri-Amun 'beloved of Amun' or maybe from the phrase: Meri-yam 'beloved of rebellion'), Phineas (from Egypt. Pan-Hasuj 'southerner' or even 'Nubian') - which all are clustered around the leveticial cultic tribelets, associated with the socalled 'Exodus' from Egypt (Heb. Mitzrahim).

In fact if there ever was an Exodus event at all, it was probably a lot smaller than advertised (crossing a marshy 'sea of reeds' is a lot different than crossing the deeper water in the RED SEA, as you know) , perhaps the Tribe of Levi was the only 'tribe' actually to 'Exodus' into Cannan from Egypt, importing the new religion of Yahweh in the process - they seemed to have been warrior priests who did some of this invading by force - the name A'aron in Egyptian means ' skilled warrior' ; where all this came from is still a matter for debate: but we see Mosheh marrying the daughter of the High priest of YHWH called Jethro, so may have been converted to the cult at that time, see Exod. chapter 3 &tc.)

Does this answer any of your questions ?

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Centurionx
No... he was not gay.

Matter of fact he was a pure man, chaste and pleasing in the eyes of God. This is Elton's opinion nothing more. I'd be more open that Christ was black before this crap.

According to Transitional Native American Lore, he is nothing more than Oral Tradition. A hand me down, so open that I can easily see the non-directional translation of 'open', as in 'non-in the closet'.

Someone's a might mixt up, IMO.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Sigismundus

oh boy, now that's what i call an answer.

let's start with this:

We see the name A'aron ('Ah-Harrunu' = Egyptian for 'skilled-warrior), and Miryam (possibly from the Egyptian Phrase Meri-Amun 'beloved of Amun' or maybe from the phrase: Meri-yam 'beloved of rebellion'),

Oh boy oh boy oh boy.

Ya know why that's making me happy no? I did an etymology on
Amun and connected it, etmylogically, to Anu. Now if Miryam is Inanna/Isis/Astoreth, etc, and she married "Nimrod/Narmer/Enmerkar/Osiris", Inanna was a daughter of Enlil who was a son of Anu (Amun). So Amun woulda been her "grandfather" in normal speak.

Wooohoo. Those dots be a 'connectin' all over the place. So does this mean the translator is trying to say that Nimrod called himself Amun? Oh now that would be a real shocker right there! Because that is NOT what I found from my research. Seemed to me he had "BECOME a mighty one before the Lord" translated to (in the speech of the timeframe) a nephilim. A sort of Gilgamesh on international steroids. And that he had in reality, taken up the "host" of Enki (Ea). For it to suggest Amun.........wowzers, can you link that?

Also, Ugaritic texts are right smack in the middle of the territory you're discussing, especially as regards connecting EL and His pantheon and His temples, to the rest of the ancient world.

oh and when the text says "mountain" or "holy mountain" i never assume it's a geological formation. i assume it's a structure, particularly a structure of ritual or religious use, and ESPECIALLY mastabahs, pyramids and ziggurats.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join