It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elton: Jesus was a gay Lord

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
If god created man in his image, then why did god create perfect man with a fully functioning organ capable of erections and sensing pleasure? Eve was an afterthought according to the 'word'.

So what else were a bunch of men supposed to do with their erections before eve came about?

What does god do with his, all by his lonesome?

[edit on 19-2-2010 by Deny Arrogance]

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by rainfall

I agree. It's obvious he looks up to people who are compassionate, intelligent, and understanding. If he wants to believe that the Jesus he worships is gay, that's his perogative.

But here's my problem with this whole thing. He's 62 years old, been knighted by the queen of England, been around the rock-n-roll block more than a few times, and is probably richer than Cuba. He needs to lay low, stay out of the public eye, and keep his thoughts to himself. It seems like every time he opens his mouth to state his opinion about something, his foot flies right into it. If he wants to continue making music and tour, that's fine. It's what he enjoys doing and he's VERY good at it. He's NOT very good however, at choosing words himself to state his opinion to the public.

Remember, Elton John is not a wordsmith. Never has been and never will by his own admission. If it weren't for Bernie Taupin, Reginald Dwight would still be tickling the ivory's in London somewhere. It was Bernie Taupins' thoughts, opinions and observations that have made them both indispensible in todays culture.

Personally, I would much rather hear Mr. Taupins' views on spirituality than Eltons'. Mr Taupin has a proven track record of having opinions and observations that connect with millions of people worldwide as evidenced by millions of record sales. Records that he wrote the lyrics to. Elton on the other hand, does not. Granted, his music helped levitate the words of Taupin, and I still believe to this day that Elton has the best voice in music today of any genre, but really, he just needs to keep his opinions to himself. Otherwise, I'm afraid, If he keeps saying these types of things in public until he retires, then he will retire from the public eye on a bad note, and I for one doesn't believe he deserves that.

On a side note, it should be reminded to people that he has a home in Atlanta Georgia. Not the most open-minded region in the U.S. religiously.
Which makes what he said even more unbelievable.

Peace

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by EndOfTheWorld7

Originally posted by DeltaPan

Including our Gael and Celtic ancestors matey.

Wasn't just converting non whites and slaughtering the nonconvertible along the timeline from around two millennia ago give or take a couple of centuries.

Did it to anything which moved and wasn't adherent to their controls ascribing to that branch of monotheism from the polytheist beliefs of extant pagan cultures everywhere.

Tried to eradicate us Celts matey, nearly succeeded

Peace.

Hi, yes they did it to the Celts too.
The Celts were Israelites under a different name.

It says on your avatar "history expert".

If that's what you think, you haven't a clue and can hardly call yourself a history expert.

Nothing more to say to you, full of it you are.

Decidedly.

[edit on 19-2-2010 by DeltaPan]

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Man is a reflection of God
According to Mother Theresa, You will find the face of Jesus in the person next to you

Jesus was man/god.,..

So, if we take that statement, combine it with Mo.T., then Jesus is everyone

Meaning Jesus is a white dude, a black dude, a straight dude, a gay dude, etc...it is basically the reflection of yourself...your godly self as a connection to God.

According to christians, Christ is the personal salvation...if you want that form to be Freddy Mercury, then so be it.

Now then...Here is the part where the argument becomes bulletproof.
Jesus is God, God is infinate, meaning Jesus is infinate. To say Jesus was not gay = saying jesus was limited...meaning God is limited, which means the praise of Jesus is not of a infinate possiblity that Jman represented, but rather a finite limited lifetime of a man...this is a idol...and the bible warns against idol worship.

So, was Jesus then a infinate yet personal method of salvation into the kingdom of God worthy of prayer and worship, or was Jesus a very finite man that lived for X amount of years and thats all he ever could and will be, thereby creating a sort of new golden calf to pray to.

your decision.
I say, Jesus was a albino female lesbian...who cares, is it the person or the teachings that you find salvation in?

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
who's to say anyone knew the real Jesus?
people that write and distort history down a paper?

[edit on 19-2-2010 by platipus]

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I would just like to point out if I may, there is not one single piece of evidence to say that this ficticious character roamed this planet. To say he was straight, bisexual or gay is completely irrelevant.

IMO Jesus Christ was manufactured in order to form a strong position of power over the masses, therefore, you (passive) can say anything you want about jesus, the only people who will get offended by it are the people giving up their life for a belief that may/may not exist? seems a bit strange doesn't it?

As for Elton John = Elton who? washed up hasbin who needs a little ego massage.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeltaPan

Nothing more to say to you, full of it you are.

Decidedly.

Well actually I thought you knew what you were talking about at first, but you actually think the Celts were Edomites?

Your about as bright as a door knob.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by franspeakfree
I would just like to point out if I may, there is not one single piece of evidence to say that this ficticious character roamed this planet. To say he was straight, bisexual or gay is completely irrelevant.

IMO Jesus Christ was manufactured in order to form a strong position of power over the masses, therefore, you (passive) can say anything you want about jesus, the only people who will get offended by it are the people giving up their life for a belief that may/may not exist? seems a bit strange doesn't it?

As for Elton John = Elton who? washed up hasbin who needs a little ego massage.

I pretty much concur with your post. I think it's a ManMade tale for certain, to displace the guilt of the stories prior: ie, the Boogey Man, No Santa Claus(e), Uncle Tommy (who will eat you when he's through), etc.

It's nothing more than a guilt conscious trip some Adults throw to escape their 'Inner Pain'.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Loverly post Saturn ... very satisfying to read

These are the only thing in the the bible that is worth anything.

"Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself.”

“A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.”

And it all starts at home with the love that you show your children.

If you screw them up, then you screw up the world ... oh, wait ... we already did that ...

Time to get back to basics me thinks

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by EndOfTheWorld7

Originally posted by RizeorDie
Jesus was not gay. PERIOD.

what does being gay offer the word? there are no advantages and nothing good that comes from it, its completely useless and there is no future in being gay... god create man and women for a reason... and if god didnt create us and we were created by aliens, then they wouldnt be happy that their experiment went wrong and started being gay... total fail

This post is epic.
Your right, being gay isn't natural at all. If everyone was gay who would have kids?
In the Israelites time they killed gay people.

The Illuminati are pushing homosexuality on the world because the masons and Illuminati are pretty gay themselves.
Everything considered an abomination by the Lord the Illuminati is all for it, and they have desensitized everyone into thinking being gay is cool.
Calling someone a fag is a hate crime now?
Say something bad about gays and a bunch of people come out to defend, it's like the old Jew trick all over again where they call anyone who says anything about Israel/Jews and Anti-Semite.

Looks like everyone denies everything but ignorance here, especially with the christian religion. Man is this funny....

OK, first go find these books people - not that any of you read anyway which you just proved.
The Lost Books of the Bible and The Forgotten Books of Eden
The Other Bible
both are in book stores.
The Jewish people were called Israelites back during what looks like Thutmose III, which was before and after the pharaohs, which means they were not recent.
starways.net...
However, as many family houses they had they had varying beliefs - like in Christianity today with Catholics, Baptists, Evangelicals, etc. So they had the Essenes, the Cathars and many others but, as always, they were Jews.
It was believed that John the Baptist was the head of this religion in Jesus' day. www.essenespirit.com...
In the Dead Sea Scrolls and others found in the desert (That could be from the Cathars/en.wikipedia.org... ), there were many texts found that are not in the current Bible. One was the Gospel of Mary Magdalene - thus proving that women played a big part in the early formation of this faith only to be burned at the stake later for any and every offense known to man. It was Pope Gregory The Great who started the prostitute slander which has carried on until today. en.wikipedia.org...

Now hate to say it, but some use the young man scantly clothed in the Mt of Olives story and one of the sick being raised stories, as means to say Jesus was gay or otherwise compromised. Well, put on your hats - Jesus' missing years were after 12 and before 30. He collected the apostles after this, not before because you see the account of how they became followers. It is very possible that he was married before he even met The Magdalene and had a 11 - 15 yr old son that followed him. This could have been the young man in the garden and raised from being sick. Also isn't there some law that you can not be a rabbi if you were single? There is a lot here but this is what really kicks my butt - all of you are so open-minded, but have already forgotten the movie The Da Vinci Code? Heck Rev. Moon of the Moonies once said that Jesus was the abomination because he didn't have children and so many are still struggling with the dumb down!
Also, if the Jews killed homosexuals or anyone practicing this (bi-sexuals) then why were they under Roman Rule so long and still lived to tell about it? They should have been fighting to get away from these unclean people, especially the soldiers!
Seems like those who deny ignorance need to do some reading to be assured they are not the ones who are spouting it. And you don't have to practice any religion to read!

[edit on 19-2-2010 by DaWhiz]

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
The Bible says that "Man was created in God's image". It is however human nature to try and create God in our image.

To the Egyptians the gods were Egyptian. Their pantheon was not permanently set, as they expanded and grew they adopted gods from those they conquered but once adopted the god was given Egyptian attributes. A god that looks and acts like me is more likely to take a sympathetic view of my life and problems.

The Jews, Greeks, and Romans all did this. Each of these different groups of people viewed their gods as being like them.

We still do this today and you can see it happening. The Europeans remade Christ into a white european. The blacks have since made him an african.

Now we can see the gay community remaking Christ into a gay man. I am willing to bet that Elton John's view of Christ is a gay white man in his 60's who sings Rock and Roll songs and likes to wear outrageous clothes when nobody is looking, either that or a Cabana Boy.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 05:54 AM
link   
St. Mark chapter 10 (between verses 34 and 35 in the standard version of the Bible) contains a passage which includes the following text:

"And the youth, looking upon him (Jesus), loved him and beseeched that he might remain with him. And going out of the tomb, they went into the house of the youth, for he was rich. And after six days, Jesus instructed him and, at evening, the youth came to him wearing a linen cloth over his naked body. And he remained with him that night, for Jesus taught him the mystery of the Kingdom of God".

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Ugh... Im not religious, but this is just a compleatly stupid thing to say.

Obviously his P.R. People will try to spin it by saying he ment 'Gay' as in happy, and not the morden terminology of the word.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deny Arrogance
So what else were a bunch of men supposed to do with their erections before eve came about?

Even animals don't tend to have male on male penetration unless a female animal is around in heat.

It obviously took eve for them to smell the roses.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 07:41 AM
link   

St. Mark chapter 10 (between verses 34 and 35 in the standard version of the Bible) contains a passage which includes the following text:
reply to post by rainfall

Ohhh Why do a lot of people these days have to sexualise everything?? Or use apocryphal writings to prove their point but slam thos who use the true biblical canon when we try prove OUR point??

Why can't men show love to one another without it being made into a perverse thing by degenerate minds?

I and many other's do not recognise the validity of apocryphal writings for many reasons..

Yeshua HaMoshiach WAS NOT HOMOSEXUAL.. I say homosexual and not the word "gay" because the true meaning of that word has been denigrated into lewed and perverse acts.. The word "gay" means "happy", and i do not know many homosexuals who would term themselves as such...

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yissachar1
The word "gay" means "happy", and i do not know many homosexuals who would term themselves as such...

Elton Jon did.

Yet, because he is happy and a homosexual, you know what people think.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by dzonatas

Is he really happy?? What about his bezzie mate George Micheal who cant seem to get through the wek without getting stoned out of his head and ending up in a public toilet commiting lewed acts, or getting arrested for being under the influence??.... Doesn't sound too happy to me.. Sounds very lost though... Same with many homosexuals who have the highest suicide rate, and who have a very high proportian of drug and alcohol abuse... They sound happy too.. A very false and chemically induced state of happininess because real life isn't living up to the hype of the lifestyle...

[edit on 20-2-2010 by Yissachar1]

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Oh, tiresome

Elton John ? I've never considered relevant anything he's had to say

So now he's old and bitter and has one foot in the grave, he has to copy the Beatles' method of grabbing publicity by dragging Jesus into it

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Yissachar1

I starred your post because you only made it more obvious for the reason why I stated what I did.

When will we finally realize that gay does not mean a perverted faggot.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   
If seeing the Christ as gay makes him personal to Elton John then I see no problem with it. It is no different than artistic renditions of him depicting him as black or Asian or Hispanic.

After all the Christ spirit is universal...Jesus was merely the man it was manifest in at the time.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join