It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greece Outlaws Cash 2011. It Starts.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 04:11 AM
link   
I know through out the centuries people have said the end is coming but now is the time this is 1 of the many starting point of the end. Now im not saying it cant get worst because it will and now we are waiting to see when the anti-Christ will pop up for that is one of the only main signs we are waiting to see and i think this will be soon only because of things happening in the world today. people laying with there own sex numbers increasing, political arguments, and joining of certain nations that the bible has for-told i like to also say im not trying to advocate it but i am merely pointing stuff out for people to think on and contemplate on this mail me if you want to add something that i missed

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Greece has been a dying nation forever.

Goodbye and amen.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Step by step

www.propertywire.com...

www.finextra.com...

www.independent.co.uk...

"It's almost impossible to operate without a bank account," says Tim Newhouse, an analyst at price comparison site moneysupermarket.com. It's a brave option to take - people who stick to cash should have a bank account as a fall-back position

"Firstly employees need a bank account to be paid by their employer, unless they are paid cash in hand or work on the black market economy. Then there is the house you live in. If you own a house outright, you're probably quite relaxed. But if you don't have a bank account, it's going to be tough to convince an estate agent to let you rent a property. It will set alarm bells ringing."

All utility firms prefer payment through standing order or direct debit - taken straight from a customer's bank account. Stepping outside the system can mean paying a surcharge as well as restricting choice on products like insurance, says Mr Newhouse.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

I believe you are absolutely right and that this has been brought in for reasons of preventing fraud. The question is however, if it is seen to work, then how long will it be before this is extended to other EU countries? It may be innocent emough at present but it has the potential to be the catalyst for the cashless society.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse
reply to post by havok

It does seem that the elites are either willingly trying to fulfill prophecy, or prophecy itself is being fulfilled without intent.

Perhaps then we should consider creating a new and powerful prophecy that fortells a future of our liking. It is often said that we can control events by mass power of the mind. We should put that to use....instead of beliving it will happen as the elite dictate as that is a sure way to make it happen.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Cabaret Voltaire

Cabaret Voltaire you made two comments on page three which leave me to consider just what exactly is your aganda in this?

Breaking payment down into smaller payments is called ''structuring'' and you will punished if caught. If caught.

Naughty naughty must not do something that would reduce the government's tax take and not make you 'visible', and

First, your title is misleading. Greece did not outlaw cash.

Second, how many times does anybody buy anything over 1500 with cash? I mean seriously. When is the last time you bought anything over 1500 with cash?

This is nothing. Untwist your panties.

Nothing to see here, move along folks. It's only us starting the NWO ball rolling.

I see a heavy weighting in favour of the moves here and an attempt to allay peoples doubts and fears as the measures are implemented, first in Greece and then the rest of Europe slowly bit by bit until we are a cashless society. And your reason for this weighting is???

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by PuterMan
reply to post by Cabaret Voltaire

Cabaret Voltaire you made two comments on page three which leave me to consider just what exactly is your aganda in this?

Breaking payment down into smaller payments is called ''structuring'' and you will punished if caught. If caught.

Naughty naughty must not do something that would reduce the government's tax take and not make you 'visible', and

Second, how many times does anybody buy anything over 1500 with cash? I mean seriously. When is the last time you bought anything over 1500 with cash?

Nothing to see here, move along folks. It's only us starting the NWO ball rolling.

I see a heavy weighting in favour of the moves here and an attempt to allay peoples doubts and fears as the measures are implemented, first in Greece and then the rest of Europe slowly bit by bit until we are a cashless society. And your reason for this weighting is???

i bought my last car in cash....and my laptop...its best to buy gold in cash so no one knows youve got it etc...i always do when i can...so there goes his/her theory..

and even if i didnt...what right does the government have to say how i pay for stuff?...

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by alienesque
...what right does the government have to say how i pay for stuff?...

"Monetary Policy" is the construct under which the 'government' sort of 'gets' that right. That policy drives each nation's economy... which is why we are in the 'situation' we are in.

But it's not really the government see? All the governments have been seduced by the transnational banking cartels to relinquish the privilege to the bankers. "Central" banks, they call them, although the conspiracy theorist in me recognizes them as the real 'owners' of wealth by fiat. And the government 'career professionals' seem intent on protecting that position for the banks... I wonder why?

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by PuterMan
reply to post by schrodingers dog

I believe you are absolutely right and that this has been brought in for reasons of preventing fraud. The question is however, if it is seen to work, then how long will it be before this is extended to other EU countries? It may be innocent emough at present but it has the potential to be the catalyst for the cashless society.

I honestly don't know PM ... keep in mind that it's one thing for all of us to postulate about the conspiratorial and sinister end game potentiality behind a keyboard, but there are serious and very long standing issues that plague the Greek economy.

Furthermore the "slippery slope" argument, though often the cornerstone of conspiratorial thinking, is by definition fallacious. This is not to say by any means that there aren't folks who will use these measures as a pretext for further monetary/tax policy should these measures be proven effective, but for Greece at this juncture of crisis, they do have a chance to offer some remedy as they do tackle some of the fundamental issues.

As far as any future NWO type consequences, let's eat that tsatsiki when it gets served (cross that bridge when we get to it) is probably the applicable mantra as far as the Greeks are concerned.

Does that make sense?

[edit on 17 Feb 2010 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by kawacat
Greece has been a dying nation forever.

Goodbye and amen.

All nations and all things are by definition born to die ...
The downfall of the Hellenic culture has be attempted and predicted for eons ...
Yet somehow they manage to plod along ...
Thank you for your concern, though I have to tell you, it is highly likely that your demise will precede that of Greece.
Goodbye and amen indeed.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
In the early 1990's I was in the U.S. Navy, working as a deck hand on a supply ship. We made a Mediterranean cruise at the end of the Gulf war and saw quite a few countries.

I found out that Europeans barter quite a bit more than we USians, trading goods for goods or goods for services, and I think that the new way of life for Greek people will be barter.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Going cashless is really all about controlling people.

They will sell the idea as being convenient for everyone.

They start out with only transactions over 1500 but will soon after expand to all transactions.

Then they will pass laws allowing the government access to your account as a convenience to you. If you ever owe the government money no need to send check they will simply take it out of the account for you. HOW CONVENIENT THANKS !

Finally, if you break the law or piss off the wrong people they can simply disable your account and you will not be able to access your own money. Instant punishment.

Its a slippery slope indeed..

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Symbiote
In the early 1990's I was in the U.S. Navy, working as a deck hand on a supply ship. We made a Mediterranean cruise at the end of the Gulf war and saw quite a few countries.

I found out that Europeans barter quite a bit more than we USians, trading goods for goods or goods for services, and I think that the new way of life for Greek people will be barter.

If the chip shows up Greeks could just move to another nation
that is not using the Mark of the Beast. Come to the USA or Canada.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Erasurehead
Going cashless is really all about controlling people.

They will sell the idea as being convenient for everyone.

They start out with only transactions over 1500 but will soon after expand to all transactions.

Then they will pass laws allowing the government access to your account as a convenience to you. If you ever owe the government money no need to send check they will simply take it out of the account for you. HOW CONVENIENT THANKS !

Finally, if you break the law or piss off the wrong people they can simply disable your account and you will not be able to access your own money. Instant punishment.

Its a slippery slope indeed..

Going cashless allows a government to harness the underground
economy. That's the scary part. It WILL work at balancing
their budget.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Vonotar

That is the thing... Corruption accounts gets wiped out by a virus and all trails of the money is gone. Get it!? Or maybe this is a way to combat the Federal Reserve that will limit them printing funny money and adding inflation. or both!

[edit on 17-2-2010 by mrfire9]

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cabaret Voltaire
reply to post by Hermes8

On the other hand you are spoiling a bitching session!

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by malcr

I don't know about Greece, and I can guess things are different in large US cities, but where I am from, and where I am now, things get bought with cash quite often!

It is very common for a farmer to purchase a $40,000 truck or tractor with cash in hand. It is even common in Kansas, where my buddy runs a Ford Dealership to trade chickens or horses for a brand new pick up!

$1500 US is not a large sum. I know many people that have walked into Best Buy and laid down twice that amount in cash for a TV and Surround Sound.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
correct me if I'm wrong... don't we already live in a world monitary system thats based on credit? I mean, lets face it, cash is pointless since the stuff its printed on has no intrinsic value.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by malcr

It is very common for a farmer to purchase a $40,000 truck or tractor with cash in hand. It is even common in Kansas, where my buddy runs a Ford Dealership to trade chickens or horses for a brand new pick up!

If you tried that in Europe you would be investigated - and that is now.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by fnord
correct me if I'm wrong... don't we already live in a world monitary system thats based on credit? I mean, lets face it, cash is pointless since the stuff its printed on has no intrinsic value.

You're missing the big picture.
A cashless system allows the government to tax each and every
transaction say 5 cents in order to fund the government.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join