It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greece Outlaws Cash 2011. It Starts.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
reply to post by havok

I tend to agree with you but so much of the drug trade carried on by the CIA relies on cash. The underground economy cannot go digital so it would be kinda like shooting themselves in the foot to do it here.

The CIA drug trade is only to have money for their black operations and supporting the police state.

But with the corruption being so everywhere these days, the CIA doesn't need a secret black budget because anyway they don't report what they are doing with the public money...And anyway, they can do like the banks and have unlimited credit with no public oversight... after all the banks who destroyed the world economy are receiving trillions...

Not to mention the pharma industry is selling artificial coc aine and they will probably start selling marijuana when it's made legal.

The drug police state will stay there, it will be used instead to fight terrorists and gold/silver coins users and still fight the homemade drugs the government can't control like methamphamine.

After credit is forced down people's throats, gold and silver coins will become the new black market currency. So expect that to be illegal too.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Just another brick in the wall. The progressives are making there move it is oligarchy time. I was wondering if it was just a conspiracy but now we are starting to see very real proof of it. We are a heart beat away form chip implants and a total lack of freedom. And they will use the fear of safety and stability to make it work.

If you do not have a survival plan I suggest you start to look at the very good threads right here on ATS. I had it about 10% it could happen the events unfolding in Greece put it up to 90% it is truly that bad. At the very least arm yourself with the best thing you can according to the laws of the nation you live and may God bless us all.

We will endure freedom and liberty can not be taken or given because it is inside of you. Also hold true to your personal truth you heart and soul will lead you the right way. We may not all agree but at the end of the day all we truly want is a safe place for our families and for our families to be free.

[edit on 16-2-2010 by Subjective Truth]

[edit on 16-2-2010 by Subjective Truth]

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I believe 'this' is when It really starts.
I have reason to believe Alex is correct with his analysis.
He can speak the message better than I can write it.

Could Obama himself, be the 'next' false flag? Watch these videos; it's Important you do.

The NWO folks have some contingency plans and this is just 'one' of them though I believe it was in 'the' playbook all along.

.....but Alex and I 'could' be wrong.
I must admit, he has been very accurate to date.
I like accuracy; you?

[edit on 16-2-2010 by Perseus Apex]

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by ALLis0NE
So what is going to stop people from dividing their money into parts and sending it in parts?

Say someone has 2000, why can't they just divide it in half and send each half? 1000 and 1000 is below 1500. Does it make it legal?

Seems like a stupid law with many loopholes.

[edit on 16-2-2010 by ALLis0NE]

Breaking payment down into smaller payments is called ''structuring'' and you will punished if caught. If caught.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
My answer to this nonsense would simply be to refuse to comply. If even a small percentage of consumers resisted at the point of sale, businesses would quickly lobby the Greek govt to change the law. Another good reason to only trade with small vendors who are willing to circumvent this NWO insanity.

My god people this is tantamount to the mark of the beast. Think about it... these despotic bstrds are going to FORCE their citizens to use a debit/credit card??? Regardless if it is to ostensibly collect more taxes and/or as I suspect, to track, trace, and inventory all significant transactions, it is antithetical to a free society by any rational definition.

Resistance is NOT futile. The only tyranny you live under is that which you accept.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Hermes8

First, your title is misleading. Greece did not outlaw cash.

Second, how many times does anybody buy anything over 1500 with cash? I mean seriously. When is the last time you bought anything over 1500 with cash?

This is nothing. Untwist your panties.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

This may limit the small timers, but it plays right into the hands of the masterminds and cartels!

If I cannot make my $50 dollar cash purchase from the local "pharmacy," then the cartels have no reason to exist. They do not ship all those drugs so that they are sold and sold and sold and sold and sold and sold like investments. They are only worth something because of the demand of the end user. If you believe this only applies to the 'prescriptions' I enjoy, then you have no idea about the underground market.

I would also like to know how a computer record of a numbered account moving money is more anonymous than one person handing another person bills. That one really has me confused.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
'natural persons'. I'm not a natural person. I am a free man on the land. As is anyone else who comprehends the nature of corporate identity, legal fiction and has unwraveled the system.

I wouldn't worry about it if you can decipher legalese. The real worry is those who don't and have not even looked into it.

[edit on 16/2/10 by GhostR1der]

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Vonotar

You know, as geeky as it is, I was thinking the same thing! But now we'll hear from the "One world currency = one world government = End of all good things" crowd. Sigh.

instead of geeky - insert "greeky"

remember, california is on the brink..... end of world is near

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I do believe that the predatory Crouts are secretly hopping that one day they will get to pay their Russian gas bills with some Greek Uranium or Μagnesium or even vast amounts of Lignite/black diamond..and even some more strategic metals..or even crude oil. Maybe they think they should finish the job they left half done in the 40's..

Now, that 1500 hard cash limit, if it ever gets imposed, might be a safety waiting to be activated in case of large amounts of counterfeit flooding the market for some reason. Also if there are vast amounts of circulation from Asia, and this limit is imposed everything has to go through the banks. That puts a more authoritative control over the flow of cash, and that is not always a bad thing.

Outlawing of cash and RFID chipping are still far fetched, like way out there and around the Moon, probably.

[edit on 16-2-2010 by spacebot]

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Took this on 1/11/08 (UK dates) think its very apt. 3% ca ching !!

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Dodgy.
Digits on an LCD isn’t real cash. What’s to stop anyone moving that decimal one dot over.

This stinks of elite interference.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Is this going to be the first of many to begin a policy like this? What happens when the debt bomb goes off and the currencies of the world hyper inflate to the point where 1500 euros is less than a penny? In this circumstance, if people were only using electronic money, would they be more likely to accept a national/global id/credit/medical card?

Maybe its the Hegelian Dialect in practice here. The bankers cause a problem, they built the global debt bomb. If we don't hand everything over to them now then they will set the debt bomb off and cause inflation so that in the end the best solution will be RFID chips.

Thanks for the article!

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Raven Hemp

That would be the deluxe option.
If you get the chip under your skin, you get to retire early at the
age of 50. We will also give $30,000 to spend as you wish.
Form the line right here. Wow! Look at them all ! That was easy.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raven Hemp
Sick of that annoying bank card? Tired of forgetting your wallet at home? Now for a small fee you can get this handy RFID chip implanted in your hand and now you will always have your money and ID with you. Get yours wial suppleis last.

There would be no fee.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by solarstorm

Govt groups like the CIA "probably" stopped doing cash transactions back in the 80's...for real.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by BahamutZero

They use Swiss Bank accounts.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Good point! that is not the first thought that came to my mind, which is probably why I am on ats to begin with! this system coould probably have many advantages to helping curb fraud. however I wonder about the possible negative consequences that it could have, as many others have already pointed out.

One question i have that maybe you would have some insight to is how will the people of greece view this, and how will they react. Will they see it as a way to curb fraud or as a way to control and tax people, and will they be accepting of it or protest. In 2008 people took to the streets marching in favor of anarchy rather than reform of the overly corrupt govenrment, if they take this news in a negative manner the situation could turn quite ugly.
"we won't forget, we won't forgive!"

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Sorry but this is a perfect example of someone posting something that does not understand the situation and just decides the reason for an action.

A huge problem in Greece is rampant corruption through every level of business and govt. The level of corruption is much worse than the US. To get just about anything done in Greece, a bribe needs to be paid. Need medical attention? Bribe. Need something done within govt? Bribe.

This is done purely to bring down costs for everyone, fight organized crime, and bring fairness and honesty back into the system. I don't agree with how they are going about it at all. Not one single bit. But that is the intention.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by havok

A way to ensure the govts and banks gouge the people for fees and taxes
even more. For those with thousands of Euros to spend, why use Euros? It
will be more convenient to use precious metals, gems or other useful items.

some towns in the USA are printing their own currency right now, and Americans have always gotten around this by barter and trade - and I would think the Greeks would do the same. If I were Greek, I would be furious with my government for allowing this high handed financial obstruction of funds. People should be able to spend what they have in whatever way they wish. This amounts to confiscation of wealth.

All that is going to happen is that the PTB will be causing the creation of an underground economy.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join