It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anomaly by the Sun (No, not that one)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Well with all the talk of giant UFO near Sun, I thought I would do a bit of digging and take a look myself and try to seperate fact from myth.

I found this.

LASCO C2 satelite image, on same date as the other anomoly with orbs
21st January. time-6.30
look at our right of our sun, an object appears just below the coronal spikes that are about 1 and 2 o clock

please be patient, bet your thinking wtf, could be anything.

Now the anomoly gets closer, still on the right. still very small but very bright.

Ok, getting closer

Still think yeh could be anything, ok , image zoomed in

See it now?

Well from what I can tell, its not a comet, not any planets that pass by in picture, so its either another satelite which I doubt, reason being, this anomoly will be giving off a very good light and heat source.

So what is it, any ideas?

I have emailed Soho to ask if they could give an explanation to what it could be, Im scratching my head, thats for sure.

[edit on 14-2-2010 by Sparkey76]

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Ok...First S&F because I think this is an extremely interesting find and I want to know more about it.

Now, having said that. Let me be the first to say what I believe will be the inevitable explanations:

1. Camera Artifact
2. Trick of Light
3. Satellite
4. Planet Venus w/a trick of light
5. Other fully scientifically explainable object

Now - Having said that I will say that I don't believe anyone (other than NASA) can say what it truly is. And NASA will NEVER tell anyone the truth about what it actually is, ESPECIALLY if it's something other than what you and I think it might be.

Great find BTW....keep watching the Skies and the Truth will show it self.

[edit on 2/14/10 by RecentlyAwaken]

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
It looks like some kind of blinding white flying demon/angel/mothman.

Or a cross with wings, or a ship.

Or an artifact.

Please post SOHO's response for us!

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by RecentlyAwaken

Thanks for your response, yeh I feel its worthy of a discussion and reporting to Soho, Ive never seen anything like this before and ive tried eliminating what it could be, for example.

Venus

Comet.

The Soho satelite LASCO C2 is positioned here.

I have a basic understanding of space and know was sort of directions things like planets and comets come from and the only thing I cant rule out is its either A blob from the image thats just gone wrong, A satelite , A meteorite, or A UFO lol.

With how bright it is though gives me doubt on a satelite or a meteorite because the magnitude of the brightness in comparison to other things.

Will definetly be interesting to see what Soho's reponse is!

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
think about how were seeing it.

the sun's a sphere, not a 2d image like we see in the photos. the objects surface is so bright because it has to be near or below the oriented equator to us. otherwise it wouldn't really show up. that makes pretty huge

unless i have no clue what i'm saying.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
From what i've seen looking at solar images, the horizontal lines are when the CCD gets overloaded - you get that from venus, and other planets as well - they "streak" - not that kinda streaking mind you :p

When something swells up vertically, then i get curious - Either bright, or big

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by shagreen heart

You make sense in what your saying, its a 3d object on a 2d picture and from eliminating things like comets and planets and stars, we can start to get a picture what it could be.

Any object, yes would reflect light from the Sun but the object, its very bright in magnitude, no expert but even comets that fly by dont appear to be that bright upon orbit of the sun.

Would a passing by satelite be that bright?, or metoerite?

I doubt it but would love to hear from anyone who has an opinion on the matter.

When something swells up vertically, then i get curious - Either bright, or big

Same here mate, but still the question remains to what it could be?

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
While I am NOT a fan of the work of Sitchen, nor do I believe in prophecies by Nostradamus or any others, I do will leave my mind open on this one.

I have a few files on the return of Nibiru or planet X... the winged or bearded planet.

Some prophets and scientists say Nibiru will be visable from earth in late 2010, it will look as though it has wings...

Still, this could be a UFO, or, more logically, a camera anomoly..
Possible some space junk?

Remember, if you want to believe, you may end up looking to hard and find nothing at all.
Keep searching.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by TimothyMartin

I would be more inclined to sway on your other theories and not the planet x theory in the case of this image.

interesting all the same, The image does appear to have wings ( winged beard).

A planet if seen would still be in view on other images.
This object or Anomaly was coming from behind the sun in the 3 images I posted and gone within the hour.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I have seen those. Look at this video
Nibiru News: Nibiru caught on SOHO : Planet X Picture - Winged Globe

You can google "sungrazers on soho"

Then read this
SOHO Detects Something Really, Really Weird,
Or
The Roosters Strike Back
www.enterprisemission.com...

What are they?

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by berkeleygal

Thanks for your input Berkelygal.

So they have been spotted before, its definetly the same object, although like many people say oh its Planet x, I am still inclined to be logical about this.
just because some say its planet x on a youtube video, dont mean it is.
I mean what kind of planet is shaped like this?

Although, thinking about it now, I have seen sumerian clay tablets that depict the images of winged like craft.
oops did I say logical.
It could be a satelite?
could be something else though, I will find out what kinda satelites is in orbit around the region so we can elimate it from the thoughts.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I am wondering just exactly how long ago these things started showing up on soho. Also, has anything like this been seen on Stereo? Must do more research.

Here is another article
Analysis of Explanation for SOHO
Image Anomalies given on SOHO Website
www.checktheevidence.co.uk...

edit to add:
It seems like these anomalies have been seen as far back as 1997. On Soho.
The SOHO Gallery is a website devoted to presenting unusual
photographic anomalies imaged by the SOHO Solar Observatory.
1997 to 2000
sohogallery.50megs.com...

[edit on 14-2-2010 by berkeleygal]

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Sparkey76

Sparky, do you really believe this is a satellite? If it is, its one massive Satellite. Also, it looks like there is some sort of force around it and some sort of contrail or exhaust force coming from the bottom.
Regardless, this is an excellent find. Hopefully we can find out what this thing is.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I don't know why this was even posted! I would be embarassed to admit I didn't know what this artifict on the photo is, especially when only about 2 minutes of research would make the answer perfectly clear...SWAMP GAS!

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quetzalcoatl12
reply to post by Sparkey76

Sparky, do you really believe this is a satellite? If it is, its one massive Satellite. Also, it looks like there is some sort of force around it and some sort of contrail or exhaust force coming from the bottom.
Regardless, this is an excellent find. Hopefully we can find out what this thing is.

Not at all,dont think its a satelite just trying to go through the logical steps of process of elimination.

What I will say is though, we cant say the object is massive or not.

We dont know the distance of the anomalys in relation to the satelite thats taken the image.

Also anomalys of light distortion cant be ruled out yet, its working progress.
Ive emailed Soho to give an explanation and will go from there.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Transits of Objects through the LASCO/C3 FOV in 2009
Mar 23 - Apr08 Mercury -2.1mag Right to Left

The wings–camera bloom
www.badastronomy.com...

If you go to SOHO and run that date–the winged thingie is on for a very short period of time.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I hope ya'll don't mind links - I think this is the only way for us to try to figure out what is going on.

This link is from 1999
UNEXPLAINED SOLAR ANOMALY
www.tmgnow.com...

This one is from 2002
SOL Station Southeast
www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

Now, both these sites mention a huge anomaly and the pictures look the same to me. Different dates tho. My head is swimming now haha.

This is a fascinating topic and I hope more people jump on this wagon and help us unravel the mystery.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pauligirl
Transits of Objects through the LASCO/C3 FOV in 2009
Mar 23 - Apr08 Mercury -2.1mag Right to Left

The wings–camera bloom
www.badastronomy.com...

If you go to SOHO and run that date–the winged thingie is on for a very short period of time.

Thanks for the link.

according to bad astronomy.

There is a picture posted at www.cyberspaceorbit.com... which is called the "Ra" image because there is a feature that looks like the symbol for the Egyptian god Ra. This is a perfect example of a bright object blooming. If you go through the SOHO archive, you'll see this happening whenever a bright object is in the image. Venus is the brightest thing you'll see, and it blooms quite a bit. I don't know what was in the SOHO field in the Ra image, but it was bright and it bloomed (it may have been a very energetic CR). Those "wings" are not real. They are simply electrons that overflowed inside the CCD itself

Im off to bed soon so wont be looking what the object was that could have caused over pixelisation according the bad astronomy link.

What was in view that was bright that would have caused over pixelisation on the date of 21st Jan attimes shown on image?
I aint done yet because I know what passage the planets should take and will work it out all tomorow.
Dont just want to take someone elses word for it but work it out ourselves.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Here is what Stereo shows for January 21, 2010. Sorry I don't have time to post any pics but you can see for yourselves. I looked at the Stereo Ahead Core 2 around the same times as sparky's Soho pics. All I see is a comet shooting sunwards on the bottom left. On Stereo Behind HI1 there is a bright object that is in the same area as Sparky's anomaly, but its on the behind side?

stereo-ssc.nascom.nasa.gov...

I need food... will check back later to see how we have progressed with the investigation *smiles*

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by berkeleygal

Thanks for having a look.

The problem with this link is the times, the anomaly I posted happened between 6.30 and 7.30 and the images on stereo are 23.30 and around these times so it would not match.

cant see a way to have a look at mutiple images on the same day with regards to stereo.

[edit on 15-2-2010 by Sparkey76]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join