It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To define evil and discus the way it works.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   
I read a lot threads about evil lately on almost everything except one on where people in have actually come up with. So I created a brief collection, with the intend to discus evil and how it works and presents itself.
With my idea on it. About the NWO and religions deceit as a perfect example. For backing up my thoughts.
@ Mods.I again failed to find a thread about it. I trust I'm told if there is.
and move it if necessary.

Evil a few ideas of it's Origins.

I read a lot of threads related to evil.
But I have not yet seen one, simply explaining what it is and why we can’t seem to grasp it’s true meaning. So . Here it comes.

Evil is used for tagging almost all things harmful to life, nature and mind.
This label can be and is used by civilization for control. The ability for a moral system being placed in a community, which can now be told what isn’t acceptable and what is. In other words. By naming specific acts, deeds and preferences, which are not believed to benefit society and/or bring harm to it with the label evil. The steering of the public becomes possible.

I was surprised to learn in Dutch evil comes from ‘evil’ I’m Dutch and evil is used for something not working as it supposed to do. To be broken or malfunctioning. Lol.
Precisely what I think of my computer when it fails. Evil peace of crap ! : ) Anyway it actually makes perfect sense to me.
Socrates (in Plato's early work) argued that which we call evil is merely ignorance.

The root of anger, and the desire to harm someone, is almost always related to variations of implicit or explicit philosophical beliefs
The root of violence is the very concept of "evil" or "badness."
When we label someone as bad or evil it invokes the desire to punish or inflict pain. It also makes it easy for us to turn off our feelings towards the person we are harming. the concept of evil to our judicial system, which seeks to create justice via punishment—"punitive justice"—punishing acts that are seen as bad or wrong.
Cultures where the idea of evil is non-existent. In such cultures, when someone harms another person, they are believed to be out of harmony with themselves and their community, they are seen as sick or ill and measures are taken to restore them to a sense of harmonious relations with themselves and others, as opposed to punishing them.

Christian believe of evil is understood to be an opposition to God as well as something unsuitable or inferior..

Jewish believe of evil is the result of forsaking God.
And your going to love this !
While some forms of Judaism, do not personify evil these instead consider the human heart to be inherently bent toward deceit, although human beings are responsible for their choices, whereas in Judaism, there is no prejudice in one's becoming good or evil at time of birth. In Judaism, Satan is viewed as one who tests us for God rather than one who works against God, and evil, as in the Christian denominations above, is a matter of choice.
The prophet Isaiah implied that God is ultimately responsible for everything including evil

The One forming light and creating darkness,
Causing well-being and creating calamity;
I am the LORD who does all these. Isaiah 45 – 7

This does not compute !!!
How can it be Christianity while it’s origins lies in Judaism. Claiming the bible to be the inexplicable truth. The word of God. Indoctrinate their followers with an evil entity as the cause of evil, when in the old testament the word says, God is the source of all ???

Trust me on it !! I checked it immediately. My bible is written in Dutch but it’s translation is exactly the same.

So I trust I’ve chosen the most interesting on evil being present.
If you want to know more ?Evil's hiding place
But remember to confirm for yourself. We’re all aware of it’s reliability!!
I actually used a bible and old fashion encyclopedia to confirm what I read. I’m sorry to say this but I’m unable to link their source. You could probably not read Dutch anyway.

So.
Now we know what evil is well... sort of.
I'd like to share my understanding with all of you.

I got the feeling this thread is becoming a bit long for a pleasurable experience.
So i'd like to ask for sharing your opinions and ideas ?

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   
I think being evil or not is all about intent. A lion taking down a gazell is not evil, it's just hungry.

While some forms of Judaism, do not personify evil these instead consider the human heart to be inherently bent toward deceit, although human beings are responsible for their choices, whereas in Judaism, there is no prejudice in one's becoming good or evil at time of birth.

I used to believe at one time that people were inherently good, then I thought they were inherently evil, then good again. I have flipflopped quite a bit on that topic, but I think it's missing the point. You can't really be born with good or bad intentions; you can however be taught good or bad intentions. This puts it solely on the parents to teach their kids right from wrong (evil vs. good).

Now as for the personification of evil? I don't really get it. We all have free will, or the illusion of it anyway, and we make our own choices and pick our own paths. We don't need some third party to influence our decisions, we do enough of that on our own. I think it's a cop-out to say "the devil influenced me and made me do it." However, this does not apply to persons with mental illness, just to the sane ones who need a scapegoat.

-CrazyintheMiddle

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by crazyinthemiddle

I used to believe at one time that people were inherently good, then I thought they were inherently evil, then good again. I have flipflopped quite a bit on that topic, but I think it's missing the point. You can't really be born with good or bad intentions; you can however be taught good or bad intentions. This puts it solely on the parents to teach their kids right from wrong (evil vs. good).
I also thought people were inherently good once. Not evil. I believe now good or evil are always part of who you are. So evil or good could be recognized. You have to learn first, the knowledge you are going to use to make choices in life. So evil could be nothing more then a lifetime of bad choices.

Now as for the personification of evil? I don't really get it. We all have free will, or the illusion of it anyway, and we make our own choices and pick our own paths. We don't need some third party to influence our decisions, we do enough of that on our own. I think it's a cop-out to say "the devil influenced me and made me do it." However, this does not apply to persons with mental illness, just to the sane ones who need a scapegoat.
The third party IMO does not exist. As evil is part of you.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I think of it as everyone is born as a blank canvas. I mean I wasn't born who I am today, I was moulded into what I am through the people I befriended and the family I was born into etc. So in that sense your neither born good or bad, but somewhat neutral. For excample if I was born into a traditionally christian family, with strong morals and discipline, who believed in supporting their child whatever they choose to do in life, then I suppose I would probably be a stereotypically good person. However if I was born into a family that neither cared for morals, didn't care for education, and didn't particularly care for their child, then I'd probably be a more stereotypically evil person. And I don't think there are JUST good and bad, I believe there is things inbetween, because good people can do bad things and vice versa.

[Edited for bad spelling
]

[edit on 19 14uSunday10 20 by vanhippi]

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Evil is wickedness.

To me, a wicked likes to show their shame. Also a wicked is a liar that walk naked. As a liar wont keep their garments.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Hello,

First impulse on what is evil.

Historically has to be torture.

For instance the Iron Maiden- humans stands in area, and is crushed by spikes from both sides, agonizing, ruthless, and destructive.

Maybe another injustice is the death of the dinosaurs, to go pretty much extinct after millions of years of evolution is pretty evil if you ask me.

So now I have established for myself that death is evil.

Can death ever be considered good?

From my previous points it seems death can be very difficult, however, what if death led to something else...

Like what?

How about the life form of Homo sapiens or the beauty of the cosmos, death happens all the time in the universe and things just "keep trucking" maybe the best asset of Homo sapiens and the universe is that things persevere in the face of struggle.

Is there beauty in the breakdown? I would agree that there is beauty in the breakdown.

[edit on 14-2-2010 by thedude69]

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by thedude69

Dude. Please read the post.

Death to be evil makes live evil. If you live you die.

Like you say it, everything is evil. No exeptions.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by vanhippi

Born in a religious family is not make you a good or bad person.
My experience is those who say to be religious often are the most hypocrite of them all.

However if I was born into a family that neither cared for morals, didn't care for education, and didn't particularly care for their child, then I'd probably be a more stereotypically evil person.
Knowing what is wrong in life could make you a better person then claiming have always been right.

As for the in between part

As for me I think evil is part of you. Not bound to boundries or be named apart of good .

You are one.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Tormentations

I say wickednes is evil in the eyes of the behoulder.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sinter Klaas
Evil a few ideas of it's Origins.

Zeus called Pandora: a beautiful evil.

Perhaps one should not make evil look ugly or else there will be not beauty about it.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by dzonatas

Exactly what some others don't seem to understand.

Thank you.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Interesting point, duality. What is good if not for evil and vice versa? So does that imply that we create the distinction, or that true evil does not exist?

Evil is in the eye of the beholder..?

-Crazy

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Interesting point, duality.
You obviously didn't read or get what's in the tread and the reply.

To Think interesting about duality. But when I say two people experiencing the same thing. One seeing evil at work and the other good.

Crazy ?? Maybe. Duality is what makes it possible.
Let give you an example.

Nazi Germany thought at one time in their history is ok to commit genocide. Whatever their reason was.

This shows how the same thing can be ok in the eyes of one, end evil en the eyes of another.

I can give you more, if you like.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

That is why I asked:

So does that imply that we create the distinction

Duality is merely an illusion. We call things good and evil, but for all we know neither one even exists. There is action and reaction in this universe. To label action or reaction as good or evil is a distiction imposed upon it by man's attempt at understanding the world around him.

"There is no hot water, and there is no cold water...there is only water."

-Crazy

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Evil doesn't exist.

/Thread

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Ah I'm sorry I misunderstood.

You didn't really make it look like you meant.Or I'm just a bigger idiot then i thought. I'm guessing you sign the post like this -Crazy
What derailed me.

As for duality not existing. I agree.
I'd try to explain it to simply be part of someone. because it would get to this point. IMO.
Human imperfection. If you look at it as evil or sin. Virtue it is not according to a lot of people.

I've noticed a lot of people unaware or just ignorant idiots on the matter.
You are not one of them .

Evil doesn't exist.

I disagree.

Although I think evil to be nothing more then human behaviour.
It is very real. I for one don't want be seeing the inside of a gun barrel, ready to be fired. Trying real hard to believe evil doesn't exist. A bullet will still kill me.

As long their are people acting in ways other people label as evil
It exist.

Even when everybody is aware they are the source of evil and nothing else. They will still be people acting like people, harming others.

The only difference would be evil will be finally labeled as human behaviour. And the people committing evil have nothing else to blame it on anymore.

This behaviour will always be labeled one way or another.
Why change the name ?

But these are just thoughts and I am not claiming to know for sure.

I suggest You start denying ignorance, before you say something does not exist.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Oh ok, that's my bad...didn't mean for my signature to imply that I was being sarcastic, was just abbreviating my username. Haha, that's kind of funny though, thank you for pointing that out.
Gonna have to change that.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazyinthemiddle
"There is no hot water, and there is no cold water...there is only water."

There is really no difference between air and water in scientific terms, yet I guess that is a college lesson to see who really pays attention in class when the standard is to teach there is a difference.

I guess that is evil.

EDIT: mods may expire this post

[edit on 14-2-2010 by dzonatas]

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Expire the post ? why ?

Divide and conquer.
An ancient tactical move.

Funny thing is. Everybody knows about it.
Yet an overwhelming majority doesn't recognize it when it slaps them in the face.

I not so long ago was watching a lecture from an American or Canadian professor. Called Dr. Michael Parenti About these tactics and how they are used. Explaining our ptb to be very real, very influential and very acting like people on a below top secret level.
If interested I posted in a thread and the link is saved of the original.

It actually relates to the evil I'd like to discus.

[edit on 14/2/10 by Sinter Klaas]

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Good/Evil - human concept?

Considering they are words with meanings that we gave them, I'm going to say yes.

Now, semantically speaking, since we are the ones that do give meaning, i think good/evil can be seen in terms of what is beneficial or what impairs the continuation of an entity's natural cycle of existence. Since everything appears to die, can't say death is Good/Evil, its inevitable. But as far as the conscious observer can tell, when the opportunity is given to affect the natural course of things, the act can be either/or/both.

please don't ask what the natural cycle of existence is. I have the slightest clue. lol

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join