It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shocking: New Zealand and Australia are out of their place on the map

page: 68
<< 65  66  67    69  70  71 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by FeralChyld
reply to post by LastStandingMan

The only way NZ would be to the west of Australia is if you Traveled west from Australia, continued all the way around the globe is a traight line westward, crossed over Argentina and kept ging, you would end up on NZ east shore of North or South NZ.

the two other ways NZ would have appeared on the west coast of Australia is if a) you were looking at the map upside down or b) when you put the world map puzzel together as a Child, you made a mistake and forced the peices to go in the wrong place

But seriously....

back some years ago, there were a few differant variations to the world maps, one showed Australia in the lower left side of the map with north and south america basically in the middle. (for Americans who need to be the center of everything) The compass on the map would show NZ south west of America not Australia. Also the shape of Australia and Location of Australia to Indonisia and PNG was based on Ocean Navigation enitially then by Air Planes.... These maps were the norm for a long long time until Satellite images, the more advance the Satelite image, the more details we got for our maps and slight shape and sizes but not major contental Locations. Not like Australia and NZ are sneaking closer to Uroupe and America to take over the world, That's America's job.... and they're Failing

mate, really re read what you write before posting and ask yourself "Do I make sense?"

This question/Statement of yours is really rooted, no wonder peple refer to us ATS people as 'crack pots'...

Fair Dinkum

Ok ill believe you if you show me one of these maps.

People have been saying this same crap throughout the thread and not 1 person has actually linked a map.

we do, however, have a link to a map from the 1500's that shows Australia exactly as it is now.

I guess satellites retroactively correct maps then?

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   
I'd like to know how many aussies and Kiwis think that new zealand has ever existed west of Australia. I think you'll find that the vast majority of imbeciles in this (63 page!!!!) thread who think that new zealand was at one time west of australia aren't from either of those two countries....that should tell you something.

How would you like it if I came to your house and said...."you know I drove by here once and I'm sure that your garage was on the other side of the house" Clearly I'm just wrong. But how ridiculous would I be if I tried to argue?

also no offense to the Kiwis, you are not Australia's garage.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by liquidsmoke206

Funny we see it the other way around. Or we are Canada to Australia's USA

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Noinden

As the saying goes - North Island, South Island, Mouth Island

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul
reply to post by Noinden

As the saying goes - North Island, South Island, Mouth Island

New Zealand has Sir Ed and Sir Peter as dead heroes.... Australia has Steve Irwin

No seriously on topic. I really have no idea why people are persisting with the idea we were NW of Oz...

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Ok I'm going to have to come clean here and admit that I too had a 'moment' the other day (and before coming across this thread) when I looked at google earth and saw New Zealand to the SW of Australia and Australia looking much bigger than I remembered
I also thought NZ was to the North Eastish of Australia
I spent ages looking at google earth and thinking how odd that was...

When I was 7 my parents had sold the house here in the UK and we'd bought a house in Tasmania (the move never happened due to the price of Tin dropping) but I was looking at maps of Australia for a year thinking I was moving there so it is a bit odd that I remember NZ and Australia the way I do.

It must be a 'strange memory thing' going on because unless you buy into dimension jumping etc then there's no other explanation than flawed memory.....
edit on 2/9/11 by Versa because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Did anyone ever stop to think that perhaps you're all just completely useless at reading maps ?

You all remind me of my G/F . She can dream up the best stories around but when it comes to finding something on the map, she's clueless.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I can't believe this thread is still going. I posted a perfectly logical explanation back on March 6 2010! I see others have mentioned it since...

Originally posted by pause4thought
Freaky thread!

I don't have time to read all the responses, but I feel certain what the OP noticed is the result of varying methods of map projection.

A map projection is any method of representing the surface of a sphere or other shape on a plane. Map projections are necessary for creating maps. All map projections distort the surface in some fashion. Depending on the purpose of the map, some distortions are acceptable and others are not; therefore different map projections exist in order to preserve some properties of the sphere-like body at the expense of other properties. There is no limit to the number of possible map projections...

(full low-down: see article)

But I suppose if folks are enjoying the ride it's all fairly harmless.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   

I checked a map, they are in the right position sorry to burst your bubble.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by liquidsmoke206

also no offense to the Kiwis, you are not Australia's garage.

Are you sure about that lmao just kidding NZ

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by FeralChyld

I think on pg 7 someone posted a map of the world from around the 1920-1940 (sorry, it was hours ago when I read that, anyway... have a look it clearly shows NZ south East of Australia..... anyone who thinks NZ use to be in the Tropics in the north west of Australia has either mistaken Indonisia for NewZealand or was looking at the map in the mirror

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   

I dont think that New Zealand could have moved just like that "jump" you mentioned as it is pasted on the Indo-australian plate and the Pacific plate.

Maybe it's the tectonic plates? OR... You could just learn how to read a map? Nowhere has "jumped" anywhere
edit on 9/13/2011 by NZkraw because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

Nope you're wrong ITS....
Never (^)
Eat(>)
Soggy(v)
Weetbix(

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Ok...i admit it...on the day they were doing the google map thingy, me and a few mates hooked New Zealand up to the towbar on the back of the HQ...and dragged it round it the other side!

There...prob solved...sorry

Akushla

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by akushla99

Sir... You are.. a freaking BOSS

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
I just returned from visiting a family member who has dementia in a secure mental setting.

Over the years on ATS I mentioned some of the experiences of looking after this person in the community before it was unsafe to do so.

Therefore I am being honest and have a long time consistency in this regard on ATS.

When I was with her earlier she was totally and completley convinced she was about age 6 yrs old, had to get to school, could see her mother in front of her (who dies 20 years ago) and that I was infact her brother who died around the same time.

In her "perception" of the world she is correct, her timeline has changed, she will use when more able strategies like "flattening" and also extreme anger and psychotic episodes to uphold her "view" of the world.

However it is obviously due to a brain degeneration and the pathology of that.

Again this is consistent and for years on ATS I also when younger worked within Mental Health secure settings, and have the qualifications and experience to go with the whole gamult of both organic and non organic mental health distortions, or "issues".

I have worked with the classical "jesus" figures, who though they seemed very reasonable, knew the bible, agreed Jesus lived 2000 years ago, had died, and lived in the middle east, than yet somehow they also were "jesus" now.

The usual "logical" arguing stance taken by such clients to back up their claims, are so so so so so similair to the "timeslip" I am right in my "special" world, where my reality is challenged, therefore ALL of external reality is wrong, been changed by others, I have blessings or special experiences and powers that others dont have or understand....it is very very very plain to anyone with this experience and underlying knowledge of the mechanics.

I am not being at all condescending of the posters who claim this, just being honest, and comparing my "timeline" of experiences of those who have stated similair things in the past, against your claims.

Truley truley the positions, claims and type of justification for this "timeline" slip has all the classical signs and symptoms of mental health issues. Though I am sure as in the days when working with such clients an answer will be forthcoming that only those who "experience" it or are "special" or "chosen" or "different" or part of the upcoming "change" are "prophets" or even have an important "message" for all of us will be forthcoming, as it was always from those on lithium and such like.

As an aside I am also and "timeline therapist" and have the qualifications , insurance and a member of the body regulating it, I do know about how people oraganise, perceive, delete, distort and generalise the past and future "timeline" they have of the world.

It is always subjective and false in some way or another, which is why as a therapy it can be soo effective. I can even and have observed in therapy "changing" sometimes timeline, and their behaviour, memories etc all change as a result of this unconscious placing of the timeline.

Also being an clinical Hypnotherapist, again let me make you aware of something, most memories again are false in some way or another, again we distort, generalise and delete information to fit our experience of the world and out beliefs and values.

It is possible but rarely done unless the whole ecology is checked first, to "delete" an memory totally remove it and the vent from a persons timeline or awareness, so there could be no post access to that memory it is gone, and can be replaced by any you would like to put there instead.

This then becomes the "truth" and "reality" and "memories" of the person, or lack therof.

There again Saddam Hussien had WMD and also was involved with 9/11 as 70% of Americans believed after being told it post 9/11 for 24 hours in an highly suggestible state.

Using the premise of the thread, George Bush might be happy with this, because in his personal "timeline" slip did in fact Hussien cause 9/11 and also had nuclear bombs all under the sands of ancient mesopotania?

Concerned this is in this forum to be honest definate bts or hoax, also very concerned by the lack of self awareness so evident in many posters masked as something else almost enlightenment.

If you truly cant accept that you encoded or learnt that information wrong originally, or dont accept how we all process memories and information, and that the problem lies WITHIN not by some external force without then please do out of love:

Go and get yourself checked out, or get some help to get yourself "grounded" a bit guys, and again this is not being condescending at all, having seen the reality of the "future" timelines as such of people ive worked with, if they let this sort of thing get out of hand, it is somewhere, filled with somethings, controlled by someones you never want to experience, get a grip of it for you and yours, dont feed your own trolls!

Love

Elf

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   
To add to the above,
After writing it I remembered an paper I read some time ago, excuse the pun but it took me a while to find it.

What I think is happening here with people convinced where New Zealand is on the map, can be proved by the below to be just a cognitive perception illusion that has been recorded around the world, and since I read the paper been re tested many times in different cultures.

Before I explain I would like to say I am sure many who are sure it was to the East of Australia are Left Handed?

The stats I am sure will back up the following, now after reading and thinking about the following, if you refuse to accept this as the cause of the whole thread and misconception, and you still feel you are from a differant "timeslip" please then re read my above post!

What is happening is based on how we perceive the world and on Left handed and right handed ness.

I am sure most are aware if you are Right handed like most for example, your Left Hemisphere of the brain is the dominant one, and vice versa. Well this dominance then distortes where and how we see things represented in our memory, and nearly everyone on earth has this "false memory" and has been proven, it is known as "Coin Head Illusion" or "Misremembering a familiar object: Mnemonic illusion"

Department of Experimental Psychology, University of Oxford, UK.

Two experiments studied memory for the appearance of a Danish 20 kroner coin. The coin bears the portrait of Queen Margrethe II in profile, facing to the right.

Previous studies have examined memory for British coins, which similarly bear a right-facing portrait of Queen Elizabeth II.

They have revealed the occurrence of a mnemonic illusion, in that British people tend to believe the portrait faces left. This finding has been attributed to the occurrence of a joint coin-stamp schema. British stamps bear a left-facing profile of the Queen, and it is possible that information from the stamp predominates in the formation of the schema.

In the case of Denmark, however, stamps bear a full-face portrait of the Queen. Nevertheless, the present experiments showed that the Coin Head Illusion is also found in Denmark. That is, the number of participants recalling the Queen's head as facing to the right was significantly below even the chance level of 50%.

Further, this result occurred both for residents of Denmark and for visitors to Denmark. These findings suggest that the bias underlying the Coin Head Illusion may be a more general one than that envisaged by the joint coin-stamp schema hypothesis.
PubMed

This is one of the most recent experiments on this accepted and known false memory, it has been reproduced all over the world.

Thread explained,

phenomina explained,

Further proof:
Lots of Peer Reviewed Papers on this Mneomic Illusion

DEBUNKED!

New Zealand is where it always has been, you are not special or from a different place or time from the rest of humanity, if you experience the feeling that the map is wrong it is explained fully and easily with the above.

Pleasure to you all, take on board the facts not fantasies, everyone nearly experiences this!

Kind Regards,

Elf

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by NZkraw

Cheers Chief...
We did tow it back, but only a little later (the HQ had a flat, and Johnno spat the dummy, cos, he had a bucks turn that night)...

Akushla

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by akushla99

Originally posted by NZkraw

Cheers Chief...
We did tow it back, but only a little later (the HQ had a flat, and Johnno spat the dummy, cos, he had a bucks turn that night)...

Akushla

Keep moving # around i like things shaken but not stirred ;-D

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by NZkraw

Different saying :p

2nd

new topics

top topics

<< 65  66  67    69  70  71 >>

join