It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shocking: New Zealand and Australia are out of their place on the map

page: 66
<< 63  64  65    67  68  69 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by dereks

dereks: As you probably know, the Maori were not always indigenous to New Zealand. Anthropologist believe their ancestors originated from eastern Asia, migrating down to the South Pacific eventually reaching New Zealand. Of course it wouldn't have been a direct sea voyage, and it would have taken many generations, but if you look at thier likely path of travel...

I guess I shouldn't have assumed people would know what era I was referring to when I made my last post, just as you shouldn't assume that I'm a Yank, as I'm not.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Slipdig1
reply to post by jest3r

Don't make up stuff its ridiculous, if you remember New Zealand somewhere else your imagining an imaginary map.

Could you PLEASE

1.) Relax
2.) Not be insulting
3.) Research reality shift phenomena

Thank you.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I have explained what I believe causes this phenomenon in peoples minds on several of these threads.
I'll explain it again once more real quick.

Our first introduction to Australia is usually in elementary school printout maps that are teaching us NOT COUNTRIES but CONTINENTS therefore there is very little detail and sometimes entire island chains (indonesia for example) are left out because at that age for some reason in America they aren't pertinent especially when teaching solely the continents. So our first impression of Australia is a sole continent sitting very lonely in the ocean. They need to throw out those half penny worksheets and have kids looking at detailed world maps from the start so they don't think they are going crazy when they pay attention to a map against 30 years later.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
I have explained what I believe causes this phenomenon in peoples minds on several of these threads.
I'll explain it again once more real quick.

Our first introduction to Australia is usually in elementary school printout maps that are teaching us NOT COUNTRIES but CONTINENTS therefore there is very little detail and sometimes entire island chains (indonesia for example) are left out because at that age for some reason in America they aren't pertinent especially when teaching solely the continents. So our first impression of Australia is a sole continent sitting very lonely in the ocean. They need to throw out those half penny worksheets and have kids looking at detailed world maps from the start so they don't think they are going crazy when they pay attention to a map against 30 years later.

reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Cool, now explain it for someone:

- who didn't grow up exclusively in the U.S.
- whose stepfather and step siblings were Australian (one surviving, still lives there off and on)
- who grew up with a world map on her bedroom wall, a globe on her desk and various atlases strewn around her room
- who was quizzed randomly on world locations - both countries and cities - by a geography-obsessed jet-setting mom
- who spent the last decade promoting a New Zealand band and toying with moving to Australia

Explain how I woke up one day with no known psychoses or head injuries, in no chemically altered state, and was perplexed to find these two countries seemingly "out of place", even if I couldn't put a finger on why. (Of course I didn't think they moved - I just wondered "what the heck?!" and tried to dismiss it.)

If you check my previous posts here you'll see that I was the biggest skeptic on this subject. I kept insisting that it was our memories that were screwed up, that the idea of a reality shift is absurd. Now? I'm willing to admit that I don't have all the answers...

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I've lived in new zealand for 30 years.

It has always been s/e of Australia. I even remember being a child @ a beach on the west coast, and my parents telling me if I had a boat I could sail to australia, that way.
i.e West.
Not east.

Nothign to see here folks, move along.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by FoxStriker
reply to post by daisyglaze

I actually had this happen to me as well.... its beyond insane how much the map moves and change.... its still going on... the falkland islands and greenland still keep moving

I made my own thread as well Changes I've noticed to the World Map

Oh, I remember that post! I thought I was the only one who thought the size of Antarctica looked different! How could I have played around with maps and atlases so much in my youth and not notice that? Mind-boggling.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dachende

It has always been s/e of Australia. I even remember being a child @ a beach on the west coast, and my parents telling me if I had a boat I could sail to australia, that way.
i.e West.
Not east.

*sigh* No one is debating whether or not it was there when you were a child. We're trying to figure out why - barring faulty memory - some of us have a shared recollection of a world that apparently doesn't exist. Get it?

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by daisyglaze

i.e West.
Not east.

*sigh* No one is debating whether or not it was there when you were a child. We're trying to figure out why - barring faulty memory - some of us have a shared recollection of a world that apparently doesn't exist. Get it?

Look princess, I was just adding my opinion, and my memory of it. If you can't accept both sides of the argument, why are you posting ?

I didn't say in my post that you were wrong, or that I was right. got it ?

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Look princess, I was just adding my opinion, and my memory of it. If you can't accept both sides of the argument, why are you posting ?

I didn't say in my post that you were wrong, or that I was right. got it ?

You ended your post with "Nothing to see here folks, move along." That got me riled. Sorry. For the record, as my post history shows, I HAVE been trying to see both sides. In fact I was on the other until recently.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   
To those who have never experience a "Reality Shift".

Please withold your ridicule. We are just like you. There is not a single one of us who has not doubted our sanity. After a major shift, some of us have gone so far as to see a doctor. I did.

We take our sanity very seriously, so cut us some slack. If you can't wrap your mind around it, that's ok. We have just as much trouble wrapping our mind around it as you do. If you truly want to help, give us an alternate theory. But don't tell us we are nuts, drunk, high, or brain damaged. We have ruled those out, and in some cases we had these options ruled out by professionals.

Many reality shifts, especially the big ones, are experienced by many people at once. I don't know how to explain it other than people seem to be slipping between similar realities. I have an open mind, so if any debunkers have a workable theory, I'm open to hear it. Just please be polite. We wonder enough about our own sanity as it is, you don''t need to remind us that it sounds insane.

Thanx

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   

i.e West.
Not east.

Seconded. I have lived in New Zea;land all my life.
Vicky

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Where exactly do you remember it?
I know you have probably said a million times here, but where?
More isolated from the islands to it's north?
And where was New Zealand in your mind.

Also it is possible to have a very specific mental glitch like that. Just like an idea that pops into your head that you can't disprove and you just have a feeling about it and anxiety clings to it to spite you. To just have this unsettling notion in your mind at all times so the anxiety is persistent. I've had crazy thoughts I couldn't disprove pop into my head and anxiety kept them there to spite me even though I couldn't prove them.

Also it wouldn't matter if you are in the U.S. or not I would say crappy continent grade school worksheet syndrome is a worldwide phenomenon.

edit on 28-3-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I'm a kiwi. AFAIK we haven't shifted...not even with earthquakes....not that I noticed.....

But who knows - maybe HAARP is bringing us all closer together??!!

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow

Where exactly do you remember it?
I know you have probably said a million times here, but where?
More isolated from the islands to it's north?
And where was New Zealand in your mind.

Also it is possible to have a very specific mental glitch like that. Just like an idea that pops into your head that you can't disprove and you just have a feeling about it and anxiety clings to it to spite you. To just have this unsettling notion in your mind at all times so the anxiety is persistent. I've had crazy thoughts I couldn't disprove pop into my head and anxiety kept them there to spite me even though I couldn't prove them.

Also it wouldn't matter if you are in the U.S. or not I would say crappy continent grade school worksheet syndrome is a worldwide phenomenon.

I can't speak for the widespread nature of crappy geography education since my school experience was different from most but it sounds feasible.

I totally agree with the mental glitch possibility - always have. Just curious as to why this specific set of shared glitches, if such is the case, exists.

As for what exactly I remember, I'll reiterate: Australia being further down on the map (like most others, yeah); of New Zealand I have no specific location memory, just a fairly recent - as in the last decade - tendency to do a double-take every time I happen to look at it on the map. You know that sense you get when you gaze at the local scenery, for instance, and someone cut down a tree and you can tell something is different but you're hard pressed to say exactly what? That's how it is for me. Other than these, my mental image of South America is always way farther to the left, and the size of Antarctica is a fraction of what the map says.

Now, having stated my opinions and enjoyed the debates, I'm retiring from this thread. Nothing can ever be proven, and even if it was, what of it? It's as useless to me as trying to date the Platonic dialogs or confirming that Shakespeare wrote his own plays or whether or not the moon landing was real. None of it changes anything in the long run. I'd rather use ATS to keep tabs on the various ways The Powers That Be try to poison my body and brain.

Peace, love and understanding.

~*daisy*~

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vicky32

i.e West.
Not east.

Seconded. I have lived in New Zea;land all my life.
Vicky

Try to understand. You didn't slip, so from your point of view nothing has changed.
...and please try to have an open mind, our best mathmaticians and physicists all say that alternate realities are REAL.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
How many people from Australia or NZ have been subject to this 'shift'? How many from other countries? It seem to be only Americans (and a few Britons who oddly have not noticed other aspects of the 'shift' such as England being closer/further from France etc etc) - which I find highly suspicious.

And given no-one has any memory of different history, geology, climate or biology relation to NZ being positioned differently, it seems even more odd.

But then, I said all that months ago

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Vicky32

Vicky, your personal insults are really unnecessary and very inappropriate. As it turns out, I am a member of MENSA and hold two doctorates, so calling me "stupid" isn't going to have much of an effect. I would hope that we could have an intelligent discourse on the possibility of reality shifting, but unfortunately some of us would rather be reduced to name calling.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Vicky32

I am not sure what any of this has to do with Reality Shifts. As much as I would like to hear your kind advice, could we please get back on topic?

top topics

<< 63  64  65    67  68  69 >>

join