It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shocking: New Zealand and Australia are out of their place on the map

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+35 more 
posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Hi all,

this subject got started originally in the thread "Something has changed timeline" when I sent post about my own experiences related to possible timeline changes. I thought that I'm alone with this subject but after mentioning about it in the thread the interest aroused and other people started to say the same thing in shock. It was suggested that this subject needs its own thread and here I'm writing to you.

One of the shockiest timeline changes I have noticed is the changed location of New Zealand and Australia on the map. They have dramatically changed their places and we are now talking about paranormal/supernatural events as it looks like those land masses have almost "jumped" to other location.

There are people like me that have always remembered and still think vividly that NZ is located on the left side/to the northwest of Australia. Then there is Australia, which should be in the middle of nowhere, just a lot of blue water all around it and far away from other land masses (except for NZ on its left side).

But if you go and check the current location of NZ and Australia with your Google Earth you may start to see something really weird. NZ seems to be jumped on the other side, to the south-east of Australia. On the other hand, Australia seems to be shifted a lot to the north, very close to Papua New Guinea so it almost touches it. Where is the Australia which was far away from other land masses? Something seems to be also wrong with the form of Australia. When did the Australia get that spike that is pointing to the Papua New Guinea.

In this thread we could gather all your memories of NZ and Australia, especially if you have memories of NZ located to the NW of Australia. If there are New Zealanders on ATS it would be very interesting to hear their take on this subject. Then we could think about when was the last time you remember seeing Australia in the middle of blue or NZ to the NW of Australia on the map. Mine was 2005 when I was exploring the map of NZ with Google Earth and I think the change must been happend somewhere between 2005-2009.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by LastStandingMan

Originally posted by Aron1138

...deleted...

Moderator Edit -- please don't quote someone else's conversations. LINK to them. Don't cut and paste.

[edit on 14-2-2010 by Byrd]

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   

...deleted...

Moderator Edit -- please don't quote someone else's conversations. LINK to them. Don't cut and paste.

[edit on 14-2-2010 by Byrd]

+100 more 
posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   

There are people like me that have always remembered and still think vividly that NZ is located on the left side/to the northwest of Australia. Then there is Australia, which should be in the middle of nowhere, just a lot of blue water all around it and far away from other land masses (except for NZ on its left side).

Errrrrr

New Zealand has always been where it is....I have seen a map from the 50's which shows that new Zealand is in its current position. Also last time I went to New Zealand I flew east, not north west, and Im sure being from the west coast, I wouldve realised if New Zealdn had moved

By the way, this thread is hilarious

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by bryan2006
UMMMM???? WTF??? I just looked at this thread, then started searching for australia maps- they all are wrong. This is beyond scary. When I started reading I thought ohh, a glitch in google, but no all the maps are wrong. I clearly rememmber new zealand was on top of australia. NW I am sure. I remember reading a lot about it when I was young, I always wanted to go there. And remember when Xena was popular, they filmed it there and I remember looking at it on a map. I also am a sailor- haven't sailed there, but remember searching charts and plotting a course to go there. THIS IS NOT RIGHT. And yes when did AUS move way up under new guinea, it used to be down farther and I have to go look again at where the GBR is now.
I can see how youTube Videos, etc could be from different sources "content edit's, etc" But Continents don't just up and move.
I think we should try to figure when this happened. When is the last time everyone remembered New Zealand being in the right place? I can't for sure remember the latest date, but I know at least up to 2005 it was right and probably up to 07'

I think this needs its own thread!

Originally posted by berkeleygal
reply to post by bryan2006

OK, now I am completely unnerved. I agree the Australia - NZ placement discussion needs its own thread, who is going to start it?

Originally posted by bryan2006
reply to post by LastStandingMan

This has been bugging me all day... Why did I need to look at this? I forgot to mention this fall I was looking at a map of the south pacific and did see NZ in the SE, and thought that's odd the map must be off.
Also I checked wikipedia and NZ and they claim NZ is 1250 miles away from Australia, that is no quick jaunt, I remember it being much closer and like you say being able to take quick boat "catamaran sailing charters back and forth" 1250 miles would take 5-10 days depending on weather. I remember it was a one day trip. (I never actually did the trip, but looked into it deeply)
Also Indonesia isn't right, it looks like it is on a E-W plain and I remember it being more N-S oriented. And also that Australia lied south of the cape of Africa, with the latitude (cape of africa) being about equal to mid continent. (Aus)
I've always noticed a few quirks here and there, but this is the first big shocker for me.
I dunno maybe IM just f'd in the head?

Originally posted by I.C. Weiner
hello, yes i am reporting in that i too remember new zealand being NW of australia - my mom, however, says it is east of australia. she is also acting a little different, i think i may have jumped dimensions again.

Originally posted by ldyserenity
wow, just looking at that freaked me out; I thought that everyone had gone bizonkers when I first read this, because I do remember NZ in the SE where it is shown, however, never before have I seen australia attached to any other land mass at all, it was totally surrounded by water and not near to land even to appear attached to any land!!!!! WTF IS GOING ON HERE?

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   

I think it's very difficult to handle this whole timeline stuff since it depends only on your memory, how good is your memory and it's very easy to say that you remembered it all wrong.

If I'm right and we are, indeed, on a different timeline, there is no proof, not a single paper, image or photo telling that NZ and Australia were located in a different place before. It's only in our head but it's good that they can't erase our memories whoever is behind all of this.

But think about this very carefully. Why New Zealanders aren't making a big noise about this? If I were a New Zealander and lived all my life in NZ, even the time when NZ was located to the NW of Australia, surely I and all of New Zealanders would be in big shock and all hell would be breaking loose. If you go and ask a New Zealander about this I'm pretty sure that they will say they have lived all their life in the SE, and of course, on this timeline.

But where are New Zealanders with their memories of NZ located in the NW? I would bet that you don't find these people on this timeline as they are living their normal life in the NW, on a different timeline.

The change in the location of NZ and Australia is the biggest timeline change I have noticed in my life. But there are a lot of other, minor things I have noticed, like words that have changed their explanations and places in a dictionary, towns that have moved to other locations, missing/altered scenes in movies and the list goes on.

This stuff is so supernatural that you can't talk about it with anyone without being marked as crazy. And that's why I think it's great that there are places like ATS where we can speak freely about these kinds of things with each other and it makes me happy.

[edit on 13-2-2010 by LastStandingMan]

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vanitas

I am not a New Zealander. But I was given a huge National Geographic Atlas of the World for my 9th birthday, which I loved and spend hundreds of hours browsing through it. I remember New Zealand being exactly where it is today.

Of course, this will mean nothing to anyone convinced that it has moved. I understand that.
But honestly... are you saying that you (meaning everyone discussing this New Zealand "mystery") really find it more plausible that the timeline has somehow changed - not that your memory might be defective, for lack of a better term?

Memory - which I happen to believe is actually outside the brain (but the paths and mechanisms of access are located in the brain) - is a very interesting phenomenon which still holds many mysteries. Any self-respecting neurologist will tell you that.

There are, for example, people (not many cases are properly documented, but they DO exist) who recall everything in mirror-images. In other words, if they see a picture with a house on the left they tend to recall the same picture with the house being on the right.
There is nothing wrong with their sight, or with their memory in general (in fact, their memory in general seems to be far better than average), it's just that the images are reversed at the moment of recall. Why? Who knows. (Certainly not neurologists.)
But this phenomenon exists.
And the house in the original picture still is on the LEFT...

I am not saying you may be "suffering" from the same (although you might be) - I am merely trying to illustrate the intricacies of the mind and of the memory. Even most neurologists aren't familiar with most of them - and you are saying that you are? Does that really sound plausible to you?

The mind is endlessly intriguing and fascinating - and certainly well worth investigating. Personally I find it no less interesting - far more, actually - than far-fetched speculations about timeline changes.
(And this comes from someone who is actually open to the idea of a malleable time.)

[edit on 13-2-2010 by Vanitas]

You know I don't think it's about mirror-images or deceptive memory if you consider the following:

- I have known all my life (I'm 30 years old now) deep inside of me that NZ is on the left/to the NW of Australia (the picture is still in my head)

- I remember like yesterday that about 5 years ago I was exploring the map of NZ with Google Earth cm by cm and at that time it was almost exactly side by side with the west coast of Australia. As I was planning to travel to Australia and NZ I even looked at catamaran routes to Auckland from the west coast of Australia as NZ was so close to Australia that it could almost touch it.

- In 2009 when I looked at the map of NZ again I got goose pumps and almost fell of my chair when I saw that NZ wasn't anymore in the NW but in the SE (I think it was the final nail in the coffin of deceptive memory).

- NZ and Australia are part of my BOTHERING memories along with many childhood and youth memories.

- There is a point to which you will think of it just as your deceptive memory but when you start seeing similar changes there and here (e.g. you don't find anymore those thrilling scenes of your favorite tv series or movies you loved as a kid or you will find but you get the feeling that somebody is trying to fool you as, again, you remember it otherwise deep inside of you).

- After reading similar experiences and stories about timeline changes, then you start understanding that it's not because of your bad memory but something is really wrong in this world and you do the math, 1 + 1 = 2.

But like I said, this is going to be a very difficult thing to be proved, if this a wrong timeline and all proof is on a different timeline and in our head.

[edit on 13-2-2010 by LastStandingMan]

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   

G'day LastStandingMan

Exactly how much time did you spend on this?

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

[edit on 13-2-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

+73 more 
posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
OP

Dont you find it bizzare that the only people that think that New Zealand has moved are neither New Zealander or Australian (or anyone that has even been there)? If New Zealand had been in the tropics, then it wouldnt have snow covered mountains or be as green as it is now, and it certainly wouldnt be full of caucasian people, considering the proximity of south east asia to our NW coast

Sounds like the unintelligent group of Americans who cant point out Canada or Mexico on a map

Seriously, thanks for the laugh though

[edit on 13/2/2010 by OzWeatherman]

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Unfortunately the last time I looked at the maps on that side of the world I was in High School, 1987-90, so I cannot pinpoint when this may have happened, but I can tell you this I was a straight A student in that class, never failed one test in there and the map showed Australia was near no other land mass, NZ was SE, but it was also a bit smaller... I know my memory is not flawed, as I said, I am a pro map reader, I can find myself around anywhere in the world. I'm glad I never decided to take a trip to Australia or NZ though, cause I think that would have been the first time in my life I'd have been gotten lost.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
From what I remember, NZ has ALWAYS been towards the Southeast of Australia. Always. Even when I had to colour in the maps in high school (well over 20 years ago) and Australia has always been surrounded by water.

But then, I'm from a Canadian school so what do I know?

+18 more 
posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
this thread is seriously disturbing.
anyone who thinks new zealand is or was to the NW of aus is completely off their rocker...

then again.....thisis pretty similar in concept to those threads where someone was sure a celebrity had died and come to find out they are still alive...a phenomenon that I have experienced myself....so maybe I'm off my rocker too.

+6 more 
posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Explanation:
Very interesting! S&F!

I live in Australia [OL is an Aussie by birth] and NZ has ALWAYS been to the SE of the EASTERN coast of Australia [and still is!] FOR ME!

But if the Timeline has changed or even MERGED with another timeline then yes what you say could be true from the POV of someone who was from another timeline where NZ was to the NW of Australia.

Most Kiwi's that I know of 1st moved from NZ to Bondi beach, which is in Sydney in NSW and on the EAST coast of Australia because it was super close to NZ. I've heard jokes about them being able to see it on the horizon when the sun rises!
:shk:

I compared Google Earth with my 1983 Britannica Atlas book and it was PERFECTLY the same as I have always known it.

This is not to say that the timeline hasn't changed and that NZ and or Australia havent moved dramatically. I'm just giving my very limited POV on this issue OK.

Personal Disclosure: I'd love to see some Atlas pictures of NZ to the NW of Australia as that would freaking blow my mind hardcore.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I got to admit to being a bit weirded out by this thread as i too have fairly strong memories in my mind of exactly what you describe, how and why i don't know but yeah, NZ at some point was to the north west and Australia was surrounded by ocean far away from anywhere else, never had that spiky land mass on top either come to think of it, wtf?

I do have more recent memories of this 'new' arrangement for some years now but i can't say it i noticed the change, perhaps we're experiencing poor memory or creating false ones as this is too weird to believe real!

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   

One of the shockiest timeline changes I have noticed is the changed location of New Zealand and Australia on the map. They have dramatically changed their places

It is probably a ploy by Ozzies and Kiwi's to keep silly Yanks out of Australia and New Zealand

+18 more 
posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   

So, you're say that Australia "used" to be, at the very least, further south and east (in order to put it in the Middle of Nowhere)? Interesting.

I'm going to say that the maps that you're remembering were printed wrong. Or, perhaps New Zealand was to the northeast of Australia because it was in a special little box that was put to the northeast of Australia. Much like on US maps, Alaska and Hawai'i are in little boxes next to northwestern Mexico. Going further, maybe Australia seemed to be further in the boonies that it already is (it really is away from it all!) because the maps you're remembering were just of Australia and a bit of the water that surrounds it, giving it the illusion of being really far away; just like this map of Iceland makes it seem like it's in the boondocks or how this map of Puerto Rico does the same, although it's not reality.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by just theoryI do have more recent memories of this 'new' arrangement for some years now but i can't say it i noticed the change, perhaps we're experiencing poor memory or creating false ones as this is too weird to believe real!

Actually thats not totally true as i remember i felt something was off before but didn't know what, yeah this is the weirdest **** ever!

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
wait.... don't you mean north east? or east north east? for NZ...and australia does seem to be further north, i was surprised when i saw that two months ago.
so, if NZ is not ene of australia...sumpuns up

+7 more 
posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
And OP

Perhaps you would like to point out where New Zealand is on this antique world map, circa 1920 ish

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/80a077e1c262.jpg[/atsimg]

As you can see, New Zealand is still where it is and always has been....need I show you a map of Pangea to show where continental drift broke New Zealand off from the east coast of Australia (where it fits perfectly into to I might add)?

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman
OP

If New Zealand had been in the tropics, then it wouldnt have snow covered mountains or be as green as it is now, and it certainly wouldnt be full of caucasian people, considering the proximity of south east asia to our NW coast

I cant comment on New Zealand moving but if you ever get tired of the skiing in NZ come to Hawaii we have plenty of Powder and some great runs.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d24304c54080.jpg[/atsimg]If tropical snow skiing is your bag, then Hawaii is the right place.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join