It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shocking: New Zealand and Australia are out of their place on the map

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

That may be true for Hawaii, but to the North West of WA, check out and see how many snow capped mountains there are in Indonesia.....

There are none, oh and the highest mountains in New Zealand are no where near as high as the hawaiin mountains

In fact here's a nice link to the 16,000 plus foot mountain in the south east asian tropics

en.wikipedia.org...

Notice the lack of snow on top? By the way, its 4000 feet taller than New Zealands mountains.

[edit on 13/2/2010 by OzWeatherman]

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
The thing is if someone really had shifted time lines theres zero chance to prove it to anyone so its easily dismissed as false memories, i do know exactly what the op is talking about but i also know realistically this is crazy, so ill accept incorrect memory and perhaps funny maps we had back in school as being the likely answer!

[edit on 13/2/10 by just theory]

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by LastStandingMan

Here's another idea of why you may remember Australia being in a different place and looking differently.

Here is a picture of an eighteenth century copy of a map (said to be) made by the Chinese in 1418 or so.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2cf2bc920b1b.jpg[/atsimg]

At any rate it's old.

Australia really is in the middle of nowhere! Maybe you're remembering Australia's look and position based on really, really old maps that you may have seen at some point. Back in the Age of Exploration, landmasses weren't drawn to scale or in the right positions, just kinda in the general location and general shape (often times). I always chuckle when I see old Spanish maps of North America. Florida looks nothing like it should!

[edit on 2/13/2010 by octotom]

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by just theory
The thing is if someone really had shifted time lines theres zero chance to prove it to anyone so its easily dismissed as false memories, i do know exactly what the op is talking about but i also know realistically this is crazy, so ill accept incorrect memory and perhaps funny maps we had back in school as being the likely answer!

[edit on 13/2/10 by just theory]

Actually there is

1. If New Zealanders were north west of WA, they would have darker skin

2. If it was there, then it wouldnt have fit perfectly into the east coast of Australia, as it did when Pangae broke up millions of years ago

3. The timeline would have had to have changed thousands of years ago for every single world map to be incorrect

4. The kiwi bird would not exist

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
How odd, I remember New Zealand in a different place too. I knew it was on the east side just farther north. Just south east of Indonesia.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   

NW to SE

Is your monitor up the right way?

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   

This is now

This is before, I just did a quick edit, did not feel like making it perfect, but you get the idea

[URL=http://img180.imageshack.us/i/beforeaus.jpg/]
[/U

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Also I always wondered about the snow in NZ and figured it was due to the altitude not geography. Like in Colorado.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by bryan2006

You also relocated Macquarie island

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by bryan2006
Also I always wondered about the snow in NZ and figured it was due to the altitude not geography. Like in Colorado.

Nope its georgraphy more than altitude

The south island recieves the full bront of vicious southern cold fronts, which dump inches of snow all throughout winter. Theses cold fronts seldom go farther north than southern queensland, which is the reason why the larger mountains in south east asia never recieve snow (nor do the larger peaks in north west Australia, I lived in that region for a while)

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   

I think you guys have New Zealand mixed up with Rottnest Island, nice little place but you wont find any mountains there as it's too small LOL, lots of quocka's though. I lived in Western Australia for 25 yrs and I used to travel to New Zealand to go skiing. Bloody long way traveling east, then South east from Sydney. Sorry guys but it has always been where it is now in my reality.

Not saying that your reality hasn't changed though. It could be that in your Universe it was always to the North West. Shame it hadn't been the same for me as it would have saved me a few thousand bucks each time I went there.

Great place by the way. Check again next year, you might be able to get there in yer dingy.

[edit on 13-2-2010 by kennyb72]

+5 more 
posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
"G"DAY ALL,

Didn't you all know, we Ozy's and Kiwi's are having a race to see how far we could sail our country's north useing wind power.
Us Ozy's are a little behind as we have had trouble with the big sail's, NZ have a smaller country so it moves a bit quicker, it's just a head of us, not by much thou.

We are catching up fast, look out Kiwi's....

Thats the latest news up date....

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Wow, this makes me think of those threads about timelines shifting and us living in the Matrix.

Perhaps we are all living in the matrix???

Thanks to you, I am now in paranoid mode.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman

Actually there is

1. If New Zealanders were north west of WA, they would have darker skin

2. If it was there, then it wouldnt have fit perfectly into the east coast of Australia, as it did when Pangae broke up millions of years ago

3. The timeline would have had to have changed thousands of years ago for every single world map to be incorrect

4. The kiwi bird would not exist

None of that is something a time shifter could argue for or against, you're still dealing with their memories which is just as bad as their beliefs like proving god does or doesn't exist, i don't get what you mean with your 3rd point, a person shifting between time lines is different to what you're talking about.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Ahh the power of suggestion! One person who mistakes the location of a place and everyone swears that that is the truth! Personally I don't remember NZ or Australia being anywhere different.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places. (Rev. 6:14)

And every island fled away, and the mountains were not found. (Rev.16:20)

I do not believe at all that this has anything to do with "divine retribution" where non-conformists are punished for lack of adherence to religious dogma.

I have always thought that it was metophorical in some cryptic sense. However, it could very well be a physical description as well due to earth movements below ground and the orbital wobble.

This leads me to wonder, if such is the case that it would be an accurate physical description, how would this information be known unless it is through some experience that it has happened before.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I have to wonder also, why Australia and New Zealand, why not some other area of the planet?

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
If New Zealand was located North West of Australia why are the Maori's Polynesian?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join