It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Take Sarah Palin seriously.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Wanted to add that I keep reading all over that Palin is nothing but talking points....but that is all I hear coming from those who hate her. Talking points. Regurgitated comments they hear from others on TV, Blogs, etc.

I still have not heard a legitimate excuse as to why this woman is so horrible. But again, im stupid, blind and retarded.

Carry on.

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by IntastellaBurst

To think that the future of America is in the hands of the simple minded masses frightens me

are you serious?

and you are, what?

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Thursday, February 11, 2010
Biden: I Like Palin But She’s ‘Just So Far Out There’!

www.dittos-rush.com...

Her comments are so far out there,

I wonder what he meant.

Don't feel bad guys .

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Snarf

i'd replace sarah's "tramp" with a$$H***. then they can worry about getting home safely! lol!

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Regurgitated comments they hear from others on TV, Blogs, etc.

exactly.

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
Why dont you vote for someone who is neither Stupid or a vile swearing leftie. Surely there are more candidates.

The main point was that these hate-ranting-ultra-moronic-lefties are driving people into Palins arms. Who knows, maybe they`re double-agents trying to make critics of Palin look like looooooooooooooooooooooons.

Rare is the unemotional, cool-headed critic.

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by IntastellaBurst

watch this video, ... all of it.

Sorry, I couldn't. It's just too painful.

So, way too many Palin's supporters are one stupid bunch, as documented in this video.

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
I love it how people have to resort to name calling when someone is different than them.

Call me blind and retarded then - if it makes you feel better.
I like Palin. I most certainly like her a zillion times better than our joke of President now and most of the politicians out there.

Im really not seeing too many more out there that are better than her.

Yours truly,
greeneyedleo
Blind and Retarded

It says a lot about a person who has the backbone to stand up and voice their opinion knowing others will ridicule and persecute them,

And I would like to ask the others who they like for president, I can't think of anyone.

[edit on 042828p://bThursday2010 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

HRUMPH!!! I don't care enough about her to hate her...I have better things to do with my emotional energy...I am just calling it as I see it.

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by iMacFanatic

HRUMPH!!! I don't care enough about her to hate her...I have better things to do with my emotional energy...I am just calling it as I see it.

Who would you vote for?

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
What if she is listening to the voice of the people and she is sincere?

Does she not charge 100K to tell people what they want to hear?

I think it would be better framed that Palin is listening to the people so as to better tell them what they want to hear.

Which leads me back to my first post in this thread...

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Reviled did I live, said I, as evil I did deliver.

Palindrome?

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Here you go you Neo-Con lovers

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
reply to post by TheLoony

Brain washing?

Isn't that what got Obama elected?

You may be making my point for me. Huh.

According to Edward Bernays, one of the founders of the field of public relations and a principal architect of the American Way, the choices available in the polling booth are akin to those at the department store; both should consist of a limited set of offerings that are carefully determined by what Bernays called an “invisible government” of public-relations experts and advertisers working on behalf of business leaders. Bernays claimed that in a “democratic society” we are and should be “governed, our minds . . . molded, our tastes formed, our ideas suggested, largely by men we have never heard of.”

Source

The popularity and celebrity of Palin amazes me to no end. Also makes me think of brainwashing, in it's many and varied forms( see above quote - "public relations"). So who is pulling the strings here, and why?

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
Wanted to add that I keep reading all over that Palin is nothing but talking points....but that is all I hear coming from those who hate her. Talking points. Regurgitated comments they hear from others on TV, Blogs, etc.

I still have not heard a legitimate excuse as to why this woman is so horrible. But again, im stupid, blind and retarded.

Carry on.

Before she was nominated for VP, she spoke to her church and claimed the war(maybe plural, I don't recall) and the pipeline in Alaska were "God's will". Sorry, that's way too much for me. That was my first introduction to Sarah Palin and it has only gone downhill for her since then.

I don't care if she endorses Rand Paul, her endorsement means crap coming from her. I would rather do my own research and find candidates than being led by someone who is a part of the establishment. You don't get nominated for VP for nothing(well, actually, seeing what the job really is, my semantics can be really played with there - Anyway......)

I don't care what she thinks. I don't care to hear her speak, anymore. I've heard more than enough. She speaks drivel and I've heard way more of that than I need for one lifetime.

SD, you asked "Who would I vote for?"

I would have voted for Ron Paul but they blackballed him. Who knows what would have happened(heck, if he would have even made it into office was debated even if elected). I do sincerely believe he was the U.S. last hope.

Now, we are screwed. Unless Ron wants to run again, I don't see his kid making enough waves(another grassroots effort that didn't work last time?) nor anyone else worth voting for, so I'll abstain. Does it even matter, anyway, with so many Diebold machines out there "counting" the votes?

In closing: No, I won't take Sarah Palin seriously. Sorry but it just ain't a happening.

EDIT: Oops, sorry.

[edit on 2/11/2010 by TheLoony]

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   

the idiot was paid $100,000 to read NOTESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

I have no more respect for you after this thread sorry *SNIP*

dont have much to say after that video huh?????????

Mod Note: Courtesy is Mandatory – Please Review Link.

Insult-Removed.

[edit on 11-2-2010 by Skyfloating]

Don't need it the comment was posted truthfully, this is a perfect example of how these crooked politicians brainwash people and they buy into thanks

[edit on 11-2-2010 by OpTiMuS_PrImE]

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Who would I vote for? Certainly not the current crop of GOP wannabe's.

A tea party member? Hardly...they are a joke.

Obama? As it stands...probably...but reluctantly...

a separate third party candidate besides the tea party? Possibly but only if they had an actual chance.

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I don't understand why people that disagree with the Sarah Palinites get typecasted as "brainwashed," "kool-aid guzzling idiots," or "commies who can't think for themselves" other than "repeating what they heard from liberal talking head." Guess what, guys, sometimes people disagree on fundamental issues. By mudslinging and putting all the opposition in a tiny box, you're doing exactly what you complain about the liberal wing of the media doing to you.

For the sake of the argument, I'll post some of the issues where I disagree with Mrs. Palin:

Drill, baby, drill!

Yeah, can't say I like the offshore drilling. I already duked this issue out on this thread, but I'll paraphrase my reasons for disliking it: the foundation of the entire Gulf coast region's economy is in the lucrative fishing industry (which supplies more fish that the Atlantic coast and New England areas combined), which relies on a delicate ecosystem to stay afloat. The pollution from an offshore oiling industry would disrupt this ecosystem and the pollutants would eventually find it's way into the human body via food consumption. Instead of wasting the years and the vasts sums of money it would take to initiate such a program, we must redirect our efforts to find cleaner, more sustainable alternatives to oil. As for Alaska, the oil is quickly diminishing there. To begin drilling all willy-nilly for oil would be both expensive and environmentally hazardous.

The War on Terror

Sarah Palin has supported the war effort in both Afghanistan and Iraq. This gives her instant negative points in my book, because I view the war as a delightful imperialist excursion on behalf of disaster capitalism's unquenchable thirst for geopolitical control of the Middle East. All we've done over there is manage to muck things up further, rip a country to shreds, spew depleted uranium all over the place, unleash private corporate military organizations on innocent civilians, psychologically damage large numbers of US soldiers, turn the world against us and exacerbate terrorism, all the while playing into some loony radical's plot to draw the US into an unwinnable war and basically bankrupt us.

Abortion

Yeah, I am not a happy camper when it comes to abortion. I don't like it, I think it is awful and abhorrent. That said, abortion must be legal in order for there to be a free society. It's not a political issue, it's a religious one, and religion has no place in politics.

Religion

No need to repeat what I just said above. She's too religious for my taste. I think the separation of church and state is something that is too overlooked in America.

Taxing corporations

Lower their taxes? I say no way! Raise those suckers! The corporate system has been a huge detriment on the world, and with the giant pools of money these guys bring in, I think they can afford to help out the little guy... er, worthless peon, a bit more. Of course, this would also require a reformation of the current system to make sure the taxes go to where they actually need to go. Heck, the only way I'd vote for Sarah Palin would be if she supported caping business size.

The Bailout

Oh yeah, Sarah opposed Obama's bailout! Alright, me too! I think that was the single greatest train robbery of the American taxpayer, and for what? To give Goldman Sachs a little bit more money... what's that? Sarah supported the bailout under Bush? Oh. How very Glenn Beck of you, Sarah.

Marijuana

I heard a rumor that Sarah smoked pot when it was legal. Groovy. What is totally un-groovy, man, is that now she supports it being illegal. Too bad the legalization of marijuana would allow for massive revenue through it's taxation, and maybe even American jobs in the production factories!

Healthcare

I fully support the idea of universal healthcare. I think it is backwards and cruel that we are denying - in my opinion - a fundamental human right to the people of this country.

Rand Paul

Sarah supports Rand Paul, ugh. He's currently running in my state for senate, and while I agree with a lot of his views (anti-PATRIOT Act, anti-Federal Reserve, anti-Iraq War), I don't like a lot of his radically free market agendas.

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Kind of hypocritical considering you can be found spewing hatred on any forum about Obama.

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Sarah Palin is single-handedly awakening people to how fake politics has become in this country. She has the all appeal of a bad reality-TV show contestant who has, by some freak accident, developed enough of a fan following to keep her on the show.

She's never shown competency on a single issue so I take her less seriously than I take the other politicians who are all puppets but can at least come off as genuine to those still locked in the right-left illusion.

Think she has America's interests in mind? So why did she sign on to Fox News? Why did she quit her job? How much money is she raking in now?

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Do not drink the Kool-Aid (the OP's title is subliminal suggestion)

Seriously?, I was just reading an article....ah, I'll just let you guys read it if you are interested.

CNN Poll: 7 in 10 say Palin not qualified to be president

[edit on 11-2-2010 by Aggie Man]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join