It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Take Sarah Palin seriously.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

You have a point memory, you have a point, but if we look at her stand in Alaska we may see differently.

Wasn't she considered a maverick there?

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Yes we like freedom SD,

Give us a Specific example of FREEDOM SP will deliver, to YOU or ME.

Not some industry or special interest.

Honestly I HOPE PALIN gets the nomination, very much so. Not the other way around, you think about it.

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
You have a point memory, you have a point, but if we look at her stand in Alaska we may see differently.

Wasn't she considered a maverick there?

In a place such as Alaska, anyone who chooses to live there could be considered a maverick...and political opinion, especially in smaller demographics are shaped by savvy marketing and economic trends.

She was given a boost in popularity by the VP nomination and everything I see from her is ideaological and partisan.

I mean, she is going to fight the elite?

They put her there!!

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I'm sorry, no offense to Sarah, but I refuse to take her seriously.

But not because of all this media BS or some left-right ideal.

For the simple reason that I refuse to take any politicians seriously due to the fact that both sides have no distinction or definition any more.

Washington has been purchased for some time now.

Continue paying attention to them at your own risk.

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Well true, without McCain she wouldn't be where she is,

Do you think she was naive?

I think he/they used her actually.

It will be interesting to watch.

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I couldnt help myself

The old joke: "TAKE SARAH PALIN. SERIOUSLY." ha ha ha

Anyway, those crib notes were just a disgrace. And as a woman, i can see thru her. She's a nice looking woman, but she's deceitful as all get out.

Maybe not more so than other politicians, but she's cat like beotch...
I dont think she could ever be president.

I'd rather have somebody horonable like John Edwards...come to think of it, might as well bring curious George back. its all the same.

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

WE will see, I actually don't see the difference between the notes on her hand or the teleprompter or note cards, except she let people see them,

I have never given a speech never will,

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by GBP/JPY
i'd vote for a woman president...or a texas congressman...she speaks well!

thats what Obama's supporters said about him.

Bush = "i'd have a beer with that guy"
Obama = "I had a beer with that guy"
Palin = "I'll need another beer if im going to listen to this tramps incoherent ramblings any longer"

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Why does it seem to me as a dumb foreigner that Americans choose these type of politicians, Palin , Bush to just piss of the intellectuals. Is America such an anti intellectual society that either Palin and Bush are seen as a wise choice of leader.
You don't seem to care if they are smart or not, as long as they have some tub thumping patriotic rhetoric,,

And you wonder why the rest of the world thinks your stupid?

[edit on 11-2-2010 by woodwardjnr]

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Is America such an anti intellectual society

Yes. America is very much anti-intellectual.

To give you an idea of what America's distant future looks like - go rent the movie Idiocracy.

"Reading is for FAGS"
"hA Ha he got kicked in the nuts"

Americans are, for the most part, dumb asses. But they use their girth to bully others around.

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rising Against
Take Sarah Palin seriously??

...I'm going to give you a short and simple answer...No! She is freaking crazy.

...But hey that's just my opinion

[edit on 11-2-2010 by Rising Against]

You got that right and those who cant see it are blind and retarded

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Why should I take Sarah Palin seriously? I didn't take McCain and Obama that seriously, so what makes her so special? I have yet to have seen a single solution brought to the table by her. Instead, Sarah Palin surrounds herself not with an air of bringing much needed change to Washington, but a slew of tired cliches and buzz-words that excite a very vocal minority that cannot see past the end of their noses when it comes to issues on energy, the economy and foreign policy. Oh yeah, and that's not even mentioning her contradictions, flip-flopping and outright contradictions. Can this woman say anything without resorting to sloganeering?

"Drill, baby, drill!" is an example of this, and I think this "Drillgate" thing is hardly a scandal at all... by the way, isn't it time we retired this whole "___gate" moniker? Perhaps offshore drilling is the only possible solution she has presented thus far. However, as one who vehemently opposes offshore drilling, I still refuse to take her seriously. Can't wait till 2012 for her to fall flat on her face!

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I used to think Sarah Palin is neither very bright, nor open-minded nor capable of Leadership. But reading around here the last days and seeing all these complete morons spew infantile, zero-tolerance rants in her direction got me thinking

"Wow - if these idiots hate her, she must be doing something right?"

I still cant find what exactly she is doing right, but given the choice between her stupidity and the vile cussing and spitting coming from the left, I vote for stupidity.

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Memory,
I have to say I am just an average gal, and the talk on the street is very much like the talk on this forum,

This has gone mainstream ya know.

So I came back to ask you,

What if she is listening to the voice of the people and she is sincere?

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I will never take someone seriously who quits on their constituents, and goes on to join the big bad msm that she so vilified. End of story! What I do take seriously, is the tragically large amount of people who still support her despite her ignorance, hypocrisy, lies, quitting, and overall incompetence. We're now well and truly scraping the lowest common denominator barrel.

-Haterproof-

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by lucid eyes
I used to think Sarah Palin is neither very bright, nor open-minded nor capable of Leadership. But reading around here the last days and seeing all these complete morons spew infantile, zero-tolerance rants in her direction got me thinking

I still cant find what exactly she is doing right, but given the choice between her stupidity and the vile cussing and spitting coming from the left, I vote for stupidity.

It is vile, that is why I started the topic,

The people that attack her are only parrots themselves, but don't see it I guess,

I think I will keep this topic going with a positive outlook in hopes people will look deeper.

You know everything in our life reflects who we are.

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
You know I can't say I am surprised at the responses,

But all the ones I knew would show up did, lol

It is so funny.

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by lucid eyes

Why dont you vote for someone who is neither Stupid or a vile swearing leftie. Surely there are more candidates.

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I'm sorry but i do see a problem with the notes in her hand. A teleprompter is commonly used for all presidents- some use them very well, others, like George, well they cant even handle THAT.

A 7 year old would do what Sarah did. She would have been much better off walking out with a paper with "talking points" rather than the foolish manner she handled it.

Obama, like him or not, is a great orator, and you might say he does a good job at teleprompter reading.

Keep in mind, that all the above people tell LIES to millions...I too, would find it very hard speaking from the heart or the top of my head.

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I love it how people have to resort to name calling when someone is different than them.

Call me blind and retarded then - if it makes you feel better.
I like Palin. I most certainly like her a zillion times better than our joke of President now and most of the politicians out there.

Im really not seeing too many more out there that are better than her.

Yours truly,
greeneyedleo
Blind and Retarded

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join