It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meteor impact in Mexico 11/02/2010

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wondering302
reply to post by l neXus l

ummm in a lot of the world people don not use our standard on mm/dd/yy, they use dd/mm/yy. So 11/02/10 is actually feb. 2, 2010.......I'm assuming you were serious in your post, if not then forgive me but I'm not good at reading sarcasm.

The news on the newspaper in mexico are from today 11/feb/2010 that happend yesterday, EL Universal is 1 of the top 3 newspaper in all mexico like times in US so please don't think the news on the links i post are fake. at least for me (mexican) is more trusted source that the ones post at the begining of this thread

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by impala67

A meteorite whose impact left a 30 km diameter crater, would do much more damage than breaking windows and shake buildings. Indeed it would be like a nuclear bomb. IMO this announce is a hoax, since any press agency had reported this. I guess to delicate people posting this kind of thread, without a single reliable source that corroborates it.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/55a2f697ce81.png[/atsimg]

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by ucalien
reply to post by impala67

A meteorite whose impact left a 30 km diameter crater, would do much more damage than breaking windows and shake buildings.

LOL L2Read 30 METERS, anything to discredit stuff. take a moment and read back

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/55a2f697ce81.png[/atsimg]

[edit on 11-2-2010 by Nizax]

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   
siesmographs in the USA , nicuragua , guatemala , cuba etc should have logged an event that " shook windows at a distance of kilometers "

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mercy Buckets
But, we are likely to see more meteors.

Really? Source for your info please?

Since no other news agencies/sources are corroborating these reports, its important NOT to take them with a pinch of salt. The very fact that they are not covering this, in conjunction with the presence of numerous eye witnesses, makes this even more likely to be valid news.

What kind of logic is that?

So if I tell you that I have a fire-breathing dragon living in my cupboard, you are going to believe me because no one else can corroborate it?

Meteors that leave sizable craters do not fall unnoticed. If this was real, it could not be covered up. People have phones, the internet etc... If this did actually happen, it will come out.

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Unfortunately, I very much doubt it. The satellite images on google earth are updated very infrequently as far as I'm aware.

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Reading some Mexican forums, i encounter that many pepole saw the light even from the Mexico City (thats like 90 to 100km away the impact), lot of people is saying that heard the sound and saw the light in the 20KM area fromt he impact.

Forum source: foros.eluniversal.com.mx...

Like i said before El universal is a extremly realiable source of infomation, if u spect to see it on your local news well... give a few hours mexico is no US and the news spread a little more slow.

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by C.H.U.D.

Thats a shame.

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
uhh Didnt I just read about an Boom and an Earthquake near there ??

I cant remember the name on the thread, but thought I'd vent it for you...

Could check the Time and se if it is / could be the same event...

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit

Thats a shame.

poor you, don't be shame

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by C.H.U.D.

Originally posted by Mercy Buckets

So if I tell you that I have a fire-breathing dragon living in my cupboard, you are going to believe me because no one else can corroborate it?

Meteors that leave sizable craters do not fall unnoticed. If this was real, it could not be covered up. People have phones, the internet etc... If this did actually happen, it will come out.

Fire-breathing dragon? Cool! Does it sleep on a pile of gold?

Just done a quick sweep of the larger news sources and nothing on any of them. BBC is usually pretty good on this sort of thing but nothing there.
If this was supposed to have happened at 18:30 local time yesterday I think it would have been reported by them by now.

[edit on 11-2-2010 by BritofTexas]

[edit on 11-2-2010 by BritofTexas]

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Interesting.

There's a blog here with a picture although I highly doubt its a picture from the said impact:

Story with pic?

Alot of Blogs and sites coming out with this story but nothing Mainstream yet.

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
This is interesting. Not sure what could have caused people from all around to report seeing it. Here is a google translation of the page.

translate.google.com... =en

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
People reported seeing the Meteor but no Seismic data, yet a "impact" was heard.
This leads me to believe the Meteorite was a air-burst event, much similar to the African Bollide and the recent Irish sighting last week. Both of which were also Air-Bursts and were mis-reported as leaving Craters.

The general Public will think any sound after a Meteor atmospheric entry will be a impactor event, yet the Air-burst could be many miles in elevation and depending on observational differences (altitude, inversion layers, etc) the Sonic boom can travel for hundreds of miles, if not more.

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by ROBL240

I like your thinking.

That would still break windows etc, but I'd have thought it would still be "news".

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Objects in orbit around galaxies are more probable to be found on the plain orthogonal to the axis of rotation of the galaxy, which is why in a telescope, galaxies look like disks.

Since no other news agencies/sources are corroborating these reports, its important NOT to take them with a pinch of salt. The very fact that they are not covering this, in conjunction with the presence of numerous eye witnesses, makes this even more likely to be valid news.
What kind of logic is that?

open your eyes.

I'd more likely believe you if you had independent eye witnesses as opposed to main stream news reporters as corroborators.

people in mexico did notice it and they did post seeing it. And mexicans are talking about it on twitter. Its not like it fell in mexico city. it came down between cities, out in the country, kind of in the middle of no where. milenio.com covered it. www.milenio.com...

actually milenio.com is saying it doesnt know what it was, saying that the authorities reported it as a meteory but that it probably was something else.

[edit on 11-2-2010 by Mercy Buckets]

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I agree with ROB (glad to see someone has been doing their homework!) - an air-burst is a more likely possibility. At this stage, we may be looking at two completely unconnected events (it would not be the first time).

Lets not get ahead of ourselves. We will probably get more info over the next day or two, and hopefully a confirmation

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Here is the video news report all in Spanish I am afraid.( I have made a rough copy please exuse)translate.google.com... =es&tl

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by ROBL240
People reported seeing the Meteor but no Seismic data, yet a "impact" was heard.

Just to clarify this, on the forums and video in the links i post the people near the area report a big sound and a sismic movement, a note for this is maybe the dust cloud won't be seen since people says the impact was on the mountain zone of that area and trust me at 18:30pm is kinda dark in those zones
i have family in puebla and pachuca and both are near the "impact"

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by tarifa37
Here is the video news report all in Spanish I am afraid.( I have made a rough copy please exuse)translate.google.com... =es&tl

I can translate the highlights of the video give me a few minutes

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join