It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meteor impact in Mexico 11/02/2010

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Russian satellite according to this Australian paper -

Heraldsun

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
AEXA (Mexican space agency) talks about this event on its site:

Possible space garbage

It also states that it was a russian satellite fragment:

Analysing the last fragment 33006 Keplerian elements (orbital status) from COSMOS 2421 satellite, turns out it was already predicted to re-entry earth atmosphere at
February 10, 2010.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I just found this comment from a person claiming to live near the impact zone:

from rubencito1964
Hi, i live around the zone, some neighbours that did see the meteor falling describe it as a silver ball in fire, space garbage? since when iron explode? , as far as i know those things disintegrate at reentrance, they never explode. I FELT the explosion (i was inside my house) it wasn't like anything i have hear before, it was very strong. Several neighbours agree on the direction and that IS NOT the one where the official search is being conducted. It seems like they are distracting media attention looking in a place where they know there is nothing...
... By the way, my neighbours said they saw an helicopter on the good zone...
...I believe in this event because I have personally talk with witnesses.

from Where is the meteor?

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
It must be an alien space ship crash site that the officials are trying to cover up if the story is true? and maybe there was a cruise missile tracking it, Kaboom?

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Foo_Lovers
reply to post by impala67

Found this video, I am not sure if its genuine.Can't find any more information on this event.Could it be a hoax??

WTF!!?? hahahahah
LOL! The music! EPIC!

[edit on 12-2-2010 by JahKinG SouLJaH]

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Whoever finds it will most likely make a lot of money from it (provided there are rare gemstones in it) There is a tv show called Meteorite Men and they find stuff from undisclosed locations. Kind of like those a-holes who dress up like Texas Rangers with guns and go find gold nuggets and don't tell anyone where they found it. They found some of Jesse Jame's gold bars under a tree.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by JahKinG SouLJaH

Originally posted by Foo_Lovers
reply to post by impala67

Found this video, I am not sure if its genuine.Can't find any more information on this event.Could it be a hoax??

WTF!!?? hahahahah
LOL! The music! EPIC!

[edit on 12-2-2010 by JahKinG SouLJaH]

You think that ones Epic he has just released another video this time claiming that it is the actual impact footage from a cell phone.Check it out

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Foo_Lovers

That music!
so out of place.

Regarding that second video. Although it does kinda look real at first glance. If you watch, there is a car right under the impact and I don't see any reports of fatalities with the case in question.

Also, Surely someone standing that close to an impact that size would be knocked flying by the shock-wave! I don't think that this is a video of the event in Mexico..

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Foo_Lovers

Seems to me that if he was THAT close to the impact he would have been within range of taking UNTOLD frag damage, burns, and possilbe rad damage as well ... I dont think the camera would have continued to function either. My take on that would be BS , but I have been wrong before.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   
The NASA JPL warning system tracks all possible near earth objecs (NEOs) and assesses their risks.

Though the figures from their site (neo.jpl.nasa.gov...) suggest that the meteor frequencies are increasing, this is actually not true.

We've just gotten better at detecting them, and better at reporting them.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by stryder17
That would be incredible to witness. Why isn't more attention given to this type of news? I mean, this is the first I'm hearing of it.
I am beginning to think that the Government is concerned that if more and more meteorits are hitting it could cause mass hysteria.
perhaps the governments are causing these disasters and they are just going to get worse. Why do this? To strike fear into civilians so that people listen and hopefully trust the governments? Im not American but im sure that after 911 a lot more people listened to the american government. The same questions are raised with the 7/7 tube and bus bombings. Maybe this "cyber attack" on the 16th is an attempt to dismantle the internet so sites like this dont explore the truth . With the internet down a lot more people would be watching the TV and we all know you can't trust the TV

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   
"Roscosmos" (Russian space agency) claim that it was not their satellite nor military nor civilian. all their satellites function well

original article in Russian - www.rian.ru...

again somebody tried to hide the truth...

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mercy Buckets
its suggested that since the wobbling orbit of the sun (along with us) around the galaxy is approaching the plain of the spin of the galaxy, that we will collide with the objects that are already orbiting at that axis. Not sure what you call it; the plain that is orthogonal to the galaxys axis of spin. But, we are likely to see more meteors.
[edit on 11-2-2010 by Mercy Buckets]

You seem to forget that we're not crossing the plane "just now". It's not that only our solar system is bobbing up and down but pretty much any object in the milky way.

Optically the phenomenon happens very often.
If you shift your viewpoint by tiny eight light minutes to the sun you could say earth crosses the galactic plane twice a year. The sun does it twice a year, as seen from earth.

Physically we are about 20 parsecs above the galactic plane at the moment. That's about 67 light years.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mercy Buckets
its suggested that since the wobbling orbit of the sun (along with us) around the galaxy is approaching the plain of the spin of the galaxy, that we will collide with the objects that are already orbiting at that axis. Not sure what you call it; the plain that is orthogonal to the galaxys axis of spin. But, we are likely to see more meteors.

Since no other news agencies/sources are corroborating these reports, its important NOT to take them with a pinch of salt. The very fact that they are not covering this, in conjunction with the presence of numerous eye witnesses, makes this even more likely to be valid news.

Although, its also likely that no main stream media news sources have reported on this yet simply because they haven't gotten their stories straight yet; they haven't yet gotten the ok from their boss, the corporate fascist world government, to decide upon a story to run for this.

Some of you just want to believe the bizarrest things your minds can concoct.

I found this comment from someone who lives in the area. He or she says local police hasn't even found any crater!

"Im from mexico, and i can say not even local police from the area says that there is a 30meter crater, local police is still LOOKING for the area of impact, another thing is no one has claimed that is a meteor, they say PRESUMED METEOR or extrange object. I doubt the picture is real here in mexico there is no picture on any newspaper. TRY TO SEARCH MORE INFO BEFORE POSTING SOMETHING LIKE THIS."

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I don't have any source to cite, but maybe they are cleaning out Chinese satelites. People suppose China is under western control, but it is much more likely a Chinese satelite than Russian. We just had a satelite "collision" Feb of last year that was not supposed to be the cause of the fireball over Texas. We have no way of trusting any information we get from the government what so ever, so anything is possible.If we had a government that was concerned with telling the truth that would not be the case, but ...

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by glitchinmymatrix

Some of you just want to believe the bizarrest things your minds can concoct.

Your first statement is a typical rhetorical argumentative response used to discredit someone without having to employ such tools as evidence, logic or reasoning.

TRY TO SEARCH MORE INFO BEFORE POSTING SOMETHING LIKE THIS."

You may do well to heed this advice yourself, and read at least more than the first page of posts before adding your post to the thread.

Mercy Buckets did indeed correct himself in a later post

actually milenio.com is saying it doesnt know what it was, saying that the authorities reported it as a meteory but that it probably was something else.

It seems you didnt read any posts by Nizax either, since he also mentioned the correction in a post by Nizax

[edit on 19-2-2010 by regular expressionist]

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ColorScientist

It's not that only our solar system is bobbing up and down but pretty much any object in the milky way.

the other objects orbiting the milky way are not necessarily bobbing at the same rates.

Physically we are about 20 parsecs above the galactic plane at the moment. That's about 67 light years.

your statement is based on very rough estimates, the possible error of which encompasses 2012.
The galactic plane isn't a physical thing we pass through, it's just a best guess line separating the top and bottom of the galaxy; we don't know enough about the shape of the galaxy to know exactly where the plane is.

www.idialstars.com... says we are traveling at a rate of 1.5 astronomical units per year ( only 139,433,710 miles per year) upward from the galactic plane, and that we apparently already passed through it based on the galactic coordinates as defined by the International Astronomers Union (IAU). And, what is the room for error in these coordinates? These coordinates are also merely a rough estimation.

You seem to forget that we're not crossing the plane "just now".

Based on the evidence, its just as logical to conclude that you are completely incorrect and that we will indeed physically go through the galactic plane in 2012, or even that 'we are crossing the plane "just now"'.

[edit on 19-2-2010 by regular expressionist]

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join