It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police: Man with weapons cache was preparing for Armageddon

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by verylowfrequency
Good lesson here.

One of the most important things whether planning for Armageddon or Martial Law is keeping a low profile thereby not making yourself a target.

This guy made himself a target, simple.

One of the most important post so far... Good Lesson Here
This is a wake up call folks.
1. Im hiding my weapons in different places
2. Im not going to talk to the sheep anymore about what we talk about here in fear of the same fate as OP
3. Im moving to the country within the month.

Things are heating up.

s&f

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

Hahahaha, if I were a betting man I would say that indeed he was an ATS member.. Oh well I guess thats what you get for trying to be an armchair general who loves to mouth off to everyone that he has the most guns and he will be fine in the apocalypse about to engulf us all.

I bet he considered himself to be a real Mad Max post apocalyptic hero too.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
This post should be a wake up call. Just like the threads that openly call for revolution we should be very careful what info you let out. We live in interesting times. What has become of this great nation? I do not want to wake up one day and be living in France or britain.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nomad451
I bet he considered himself to be a real Mad Max post apocalyptic hero too.

His favorite phrase is probably "wake up people" or "You can pry my gun, out of my cold dead hand"

Both are sentiments that are perfectly fine to hold near and dear....but nobody cares to hear it.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Yeah cause dispersing a crowd of hooligans breaking into your house should be done with 9mm bullets through the heart and not tear gas or pepper pellets...

And god knows a police baton is much more dangerous than say... an aluminum baseball bat...

I think I am beginning to understand how Galileo must have felt.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Subjective Truth

Ohhh come off it! All you people are seriously paranoid delusionists.

"They are aiming to disarm us all" what a load of smoking horse crud.

IT WAS ONE LOAD MOUTH GUY who BROKE THE LAW. ????

You know, a lot of you ATS members carry on and complain how "TPTB" brainwash us all.... You have all effectively brainwashed yourselves!

You live in this paranoid world where the evil governments are out to control your minds and lives.... Baloney!

This is a perfect example! One guy gets arrested because he broke the law by acquiring illegal police batons and whatever else and you all see it as

"Oh the PTB are disarming us all, be it a lesson to everyone stockpiling for the coming apocalypse, when martial law is declared they want no RESISTANCE!"

Hahahahaha spare me! This kind of self brainwashing is probably what drove this lunatic to stockpile 20 guns with thousands of rounds and illegal weapons.... Loony Central.

EDIT: By the way, I understand that a lot of you are also level headed logical people so if you are one them please do not take offense to my rambling

[edit on 10-2-2010 by Nomad451]

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bobbox1980
And god knows a police baton is much more dangerous than say... an aluminum baseball bat...

This can be concealed:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d2a98846dec2.jpg[/atsimg]

This, not so much:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6baefb092937.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nomad451
reply to post by Subjective Truth

Ohhh come off it! All you people are seriously paranoid delusionists.

"They are aiming to disarm us all" what a load of smoking horse crud.

IT WAS ONE LOAD MOUTH GUY who BROKE THE LAW. ????

You know, a lot of you ATS members carry on and complain how "TPTB" brainwash us all.... You have all effectively brainwashed yourselves!

You live in this paranoid world where the evil governments are out to control your minds and lives.... Baloney!

This is a perfect example! One guy gets arrested because he broke the law by acquiring illegal police batons and whatever else and you all see it as

"Of the PTB are disarming us all, be it a lesson to everyone stockpiling for the coming apocalypse, when martial law is declared they want no RESISTANCE!"

Hahahahaha spare me! This kind of self brainwashing is probably what drove this lunatic to stockpile 20 guns with thousands of rounds and illegal weapons.... Loony Central

And now, a few word from one of our founders:

The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.-Thomas Jefferson

The reason we have the constitutional right to arm ourselves is to prevent the government from taking away our other rights. A tyrannical, corrupt, and over bloated government does not want an armed an angry populace. How do they remedy this? They take away individuals weapons, vilify them (as you has so excellently done) as criminals or lunatics, and spread unfavorable anti-gun sentiment throughout the country. This man was well within his rights to own the amount of weapons and ammunition he had. He should have been more careful and thoroughly read the laws regarding things such as explosive devices, shooting ranges, etc. However, his firearms had little to do with that.

I take offense that you have the nerve to lambaste and idly criticize individuals who are exercising their constitutional right to arm and defend themselves against government tyranny.

Why are you here exactly?

[edit on 2/10/10 by Zatiktoktal]

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
And I persume they don't let people have a shooting range in the attic of a condo is so they don't accidently shoot there neighbors eating dinner. Or should he have that right and his nieghbors should get there own bullet proof vest to live in there own house.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Zatiktoktal

Like I said, the guy BROKE THE LAW. He was a stupid idiot for thinking he could stockpile ILLEGAL weapons and get away with it.. Not to mention he was probably a loud mouth which made him even dumber.

Look, I agree with Mr. Jefferson ok? You can all arm yourself LEGALLY to the teeth for all I care. I don't care if you have 100 guns and a million rounds of ammo...

What I'm saying here is this one, single idiotic man broke the law that exists, he has been dealt with, and all you survivalist stockpilers think it is the beginning of some mass conspiracy to disarm you all of your weapons!

That is self-inducing paranoid delusion. And it is what makes around 60 - 70% (am I being conservative with this figure?) of ATS a total joke.

I take REAL conspiracies seriously as do I take REAL repression of people by their governments. As do you obviously, but I think it is very safe to say that a large chunk of ATS members WANT to repressed so badly, WANT an Armageddon to occur, WANT the system to collapse and result in mass chaos and looting and martial law and people repression, that half of you concoct conspiracies of such a nature prematurely and when there is none!

Believe me, you will KNOW when this real repression arrives, it will be out your window in the street! That time is not yet, and this one idiot who broke the common law isn't the beginning!

Do I still belong on ATS sir?

[edit on 10-2-2010 by Nomad451]

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Avamarguy

You're wrong. He wasn't arrested for legally registered firearms:
www.boston.com...

Gregory D. Girard, 45, was arrested Tuesday night for allegedly storing several tear gas grenades and explosive pepper ball projectiles. He was also charged with the illegal possession of four police batons.

That was not in the original story I posted. The article was changed. The Original article is what I posted in quotes in the OP.

Gregory D. Girard, 45, was arrested Tuesday night for allegedly storing approximately 20 weapons and thousands of rounds of ammunition. Manchester-by-the Sea police executed the search warrant.

Now that this story is getting attention nationwide, they changed the reason for the arrest.

[edit on 10-2-2010 by METACOMET]

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   

I was thinking more of nightsticks than collapsible batons hence the analogy to baseball bats. The main point still remains though, a collapsible baton is a less than lethal weapon.

I think Mass is also one of the states that bans tasers and stun guns. What sense does it make to ban less than lethal weapons but allow guns?

If someone was to turn around tomorrow and make a Star Trek style phaser with stun and kill settings or even just stun settings it would likely be illegal. Where is the logic in that?

Do you know what the most concealable weapon is? Martial arts training. A real black belt can kill people with his hands and fists.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by METACOMET

Perhaps the news source's information has been updated?

Assuming they did not have all the correct info to begin with?

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   

I was thinking more of nightsticks than collapsible batons hence the analogy to baseball bats. The main point still remains though, a collapsible baton is a less than lethal weapon.

I think Mass is also one of the states that bans tasers and stun guns. What sense does it make to ban less than lethal weapons but allow guns?

Do you know what the most concealable weapon is? Martial arts training. A real black belt can kill people with his hands and fists.

I think it has to do with the right to bear arms. There is no right to bear batons, tasers and/or stun guns.

Problem with collapsible batons is that they can easily be concealed, inflict mortal injury with one swing and serve no purpose other that violent ones. But hey, on the bright side, you can carry a baseball bat all you want...just make sure you have a ball and glove with you too; otherwise it can be construed as a dangerous weapon.

Ahh, martial arts...true it can be deadly. And people that use it offensively and do injure or kill...well, they get charged with assault with a deadly weapon.

[edit on 10-2-2010 by Aggie Man]

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

If this guy was shooting at his homemade range right next door to his neighbor I imagine they would have called the cops on him a long long time ago with noise complaints.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Police batons are not illegal to own in Massachusetts. They are illegal to have on your person or in your car. The law allows you to own these as long as they are in your house.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   

reply to post by JBA2848

If this guy was shooting at his homemade range right next door to his neighbor I imagine they would have called the cops on him a long long time ago with noise complaints.

This point cannot be ignored, especially since he lived in a condo complex. What is more likely is the police found SPENT BRASS cartridges for reloading purposes.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Nomad451

Like I said "he made himself a target". He's a Darwin Award candidate who arms himself to the teeth, but lost the battle before it began.

I believe the original article was written poorly or purposely in order to grab more attention than it deserves. The OP took the bait, don't blame everyone at ATS and as the OP has pointed out information has been added to the article since the beginning of this thread.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   

I know it's because of the 2nd Amendment but these laws do go to show just how illogical our government is not to mention how far the people in charge would be willing to go to take away your right to defend yourself if they could.

I don't own a gun and probably never will but I have thought about owning a stun gun or taser but they are next to useless in CT, they can only be kept in the home, you can't take them out with you.

Mark my words, in the future when they invent the hand phaser that only has a stun setting, it will be illegal to own in quite a few states and illegal to carry in a bunch of others, just like tasers. We have complete imbeciles for leaders, mainly because most of the populace are imbeciles. Every other person you meet at random has an IQ of less than 100.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   
www1.whdh.com...

MANCHESTER-BY-THE-SEA, Mass. -- A Massachusetts man is under arrest for the stash of guns police found in his possession

Authorities took Gregory Girard, 45, into custody Wednesday afternoon on weapons charges after apparently finding dozens of guns inside his Manchester-by-the-Sea home.

A judge in Salem District Court ordered Girard held for evaluation.

The arsenal included close to 20 weapons, including rifles, two handguns, two bayonet knives, flare guns, six pairs of handcuffs, as well as a pair of both kevlar vests and helmets.

Tear gas and pepper spray grenades were also allegedly discovered at Girard’s residence.

All the items were acquired by Girard within the last nine months, according to police.

“He was convinced that martial law was imminent,” said a prosecutor on Wednesday.

Authorities were tipped off by the suspect’s wife, a Cambridge psychiatrist, who told police that she was afraid to go home. She plans to file a restraining order.

“He made the following statements to her, ‘Don’t talk to people. Shoot them instead. It’s fine to shoot people in the head, because traitors deserve it,'” continued a prosecutor.

Girard rarely left the house, hoarded food and medication and warned those in adjoining apartments not to be alarmed by noises that sounded like gunfire, according to his neighbors.

He had even converted his third-story loft into a firing range, according to police.

Authorities will continue to catalog the arsenal to determine if any other laws have been broken.

His wife a psychiatrist turned him in and yes he was using his attic shooting range and told neighbors not to worry about the noise. And told his wife “He made the following statements to her, ‘Don’t talk to people. Shoot them instead. It’s fine to shoot people in the head, because traitors deserve it."

Oh yea this guy really needs his right to carry protected. This guy is a nut and needs some real help from somebody besides his psychiatrist wife!!

Theres a video at the post and shows his weapon cache and his multifamily condo.

[edit on 10-2-2010 by JBA2848]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join