It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police: Man with weapons cache was preparing for Armageddon

page: 14
<< 11  12  13   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

What he shouldn't have done is talk about his collection or his "End of the world stuff". The old saying comes to mind. "loose Lips sinks ships". Some folks won't ever talk about stuff unless there lonely and at a bar, drinking and trying to act tough. Better to stay sobber, quiet, and wait till everything falls to pieces. At least then he could have kept his collection. Now hes just going to be in a cell with Bubba, and making sure he doesn't drop the soap...

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Astyanax
I heartily applaud the police for apprehending this dangerous lunatic.

Civilized men and women have a bargain with the State. In exchange for giving up their right to use violence, the State protects them from the violence of others. Most civilized countries do a very good job of this. The USA does it incredibly badly because of an anomalous constitutional provision that allows citizens to bear arms. Over the years, hundreds of thousands, if not millions of Americans, have paid with their lives for this foolishness.

If you are in the U.S. and think the State has a duty to protect you, then I recommend a book, Dial 911 and Die by Richard W. Stevens who is an attorney. Basically, the State has the obligation to protect the public at large, not the individual. If you are the victim of an ongoing, violent crime, the police are under NO DUTY to stop the crime in progress. Just remember, you may be civilized but the guy kicking in your door with duct tape and a knife at 2 a.m. is not.

Back on topic, YES, I think the guy was off his rocker, but this kind of story that will be fuel for the anti-gun activists/ those in denial about reality. I realize I spoken a couple of times at my job about having guns for protection, and received some funny looks, and questions. I've mentioned the economy and that I have a little food stored and got funny vibes from people. No more friends! You know how gossip can snowball. If the wrong people read a story like this, soon I'll be the gun nut with the food stores who thinks Armageddon is coming--just like the guy with the shooting range in his attic. From now on all I'll talk about are the nice, pink flowers I spent the weekend planting at my house, my love of fluffy kittens, and how I pray for world peace.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 06:36 AM
link   
the cops just needed some ammo to target practice so they decided to raid him and confiscate all his gunz and ammo.
Sounds perfectly legal under martial law to raid some ones home who has committed no crime steal there guns then put them in a padded room becuse they had situational awareness.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by TaxpayersUnleashed
Sounds perfectly legal under martial law to raid some ones home who has committed no crime steal there guns then put them in a padded room becuse they had situational awareness.

Did you not read the article? His wife a PSYCHOLOGIST wanted him committed because of his instability. I am a "gun nut" myself but I doubt that anyone will ever have to file an emergency committal order on me. This really doesn't have anything to do with gun's except the story being a load of propaganda for the anti-gun advocates to use.

Secure

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Ohhh well, old news now... no need to reply. other things have come up... LOL...

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lostinthedarkness
Before I retract my statements on this incident . I want to see if the charges stick and he is guilty of the charges .

The law enforcement can at times be over board as can the DA as well . And the media will report just what they are told .

Being the wife and friend of wife reported it and gave the back ground is it truth or a mad spouse ? Who is getting even or getting away from a bad situation .

I am going to wait and see what the out come is.

What I find interesting is the wife's claims that she was "afraid to return home", implying that they lived together. An earlier article posted by another member (whose name escapes me at the moment, I apologize) reports otherwise.

A relative reached last night declined to comment, but did say that Girard does not yet have a lawyer. McKeil said Girard is married but he and his wife are no longer living together.

This certainly puts a different spin on things.

Cops: Man was prepping for Armageddon

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Thought this needed an update

DA drops most of charges in Manchester gun case

By Julie Manganis

MANCHESTER — Prosecutors have dropped a majority of the charges against a Manchester man accused by his estranged wife and police of preparing for martial law with an arsenal of weapons in their Bridge Street condo last month.

He still faces charges of discharging a firearm within 500 feet of a dwelling and two counts of illegal possession of silencers.

After all that crap about explosives and being a lunatic threat the only charges left are for his "in the attic" shooting range and tinkering with suppressors.

The "infernal machines"?

Those devices turned out to be legal smoke and tear gas grenades and are not covered under the legal definition of infernal machines.

Article

One more for the front-page condemnation and page 9 blurb vindication practice by the media.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
If preparing for Armageddon means stockpiling various firearms, explosives, and thousands of rounds of ammunition in order to apparently use on other survivors amidst the anarchy and chaos of a lawless society...I'm a dead man.

I won't do it.

My wife and I have already discussed this.
We can't take up arms against other citizens.

It's funny too when you see many conservative Christians doing the opposite of what their savior Jesus Christ would do.

When they came for him, did he grab a sawed-off shot-gun and some grenades?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b3279ac26d47.jpg[/atsimg]

This may sound unusual to many members here, but if people come at me armed to the teeth and want to kill me to get by another day in a post-apocalyptic nightmare that apparently many believe "God" has planned out, then so be it.

I'm pretty sure I'd probably be shot and killed anyway since I am sure people will use this as an excuse to vent without fear of any lawful reprisals. I'm sure there will be gunfights over race wars, class wars, neighborhood wars, gender wars, political wars, food wars, water wars, or just because they can do it with impunity.

You can have it, if all humanity is only not at each others throats because the opportunity to do so freely hasn't presented itself yet.

The truth is fear is your only real enemy and if more people armed themselves with that knowledge we wouldn't have to worry so much about our neighbors rapidly becoming our enemies during Armageddon.

Just my two cents,

- Lee

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by METACOMET

20 weapons and a few thousnad rounds of ammo...
that's not a weapons cache, that's one of the big trunks I take with me to a gun show...
Besides seems they were more worried over the pepper bombs and the batons.... Might poke someones eye out with one of those

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Wow. I can't believe the police actually did this :\
Poor guy.. I mean.. what the heck?! !!

He wasn't violent or doing anything wrong!

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by jolois

His wife "tipped off" the cops. So when they came in they had to trump up all the charges they could think of hoping something would stick. Which, according to the most recent news, most of which were thrown out and what's left isnt likely to stick.

Because the guys wife is a class-A bitch and the cops are so damn arrest-happy (their job is to lock you up not to protect or serve) this guys life is essentially ruined.

How many months has be been held without bond even though the charges were mostly dropped now? How many months out of work? How many months has the public just believed this guy was the lunatic the initial news stories labeled him as? Where are the headline retractions and apologies?

All of this for what will likely come out as a charge of "unlawful discharge of a firearm".

And some wonder why others have no faith in the system that wields life and death authority over them.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Astyanax
Why? What is so valuable about it? Do you seriously believe that gun control creates a police state?

Yes, taking guns out of law abiding citizens hands aka "gun control"results in a Police state AND higher crime.

Why cant you understand that criminals do not follow the law and will even build guns and other weapons?

policestatebritain.blogspot.com...

www.nrawinningteam.com...

If you want to take everyone's guns away I would suggest that you go try and do it yourself, good luck!

Its ideas like this that give the Tea Baggers a reason to to spaz out in the street.

Its talk like this that hurts good Democratic Candidates chances of being elected.

It is the right of the people to own and bear arms, it is a fundamental lack of respect for this right that leads many so called Conservatives to not even consider a Democrats point if view.

I am a Republican moving into supporting the Democrats because they make more sense and have more credibility for the moment but as much as I would hate it, go against the Democrats if it meant my guns.

So far so good, I have 0 problems with my right to firearms since President Obama went in and I hope it continues to be the case.

Anyone who would try and disarm me surely means me no good.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

I don't agree with what they did to the guy, 20 guns aint jack, if I had the money I would have 2000 because some are just so darn pretty that you want to have them on display.

He should pay a fine for the weapons discharge and be given his property back, I know it wont happen because they are going to steal everything they can from him.

If my neighbor was that ready for trouble I would see him as an bonus.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by tyranny22

Did you read the news article posted a page or 2 back? The guy is crazy. He was shooting guns in his condo; he told his wife not to talk to people, rather to shoot them.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Oaktree

I hope you are not suggesting a hope that he would initiate a shootout with the cops

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   
I'm glad to hear that this guy is only getting charged now with the actual crimes he committed, and not all the bullcrap ones that the police added on. Well, kind of. In my opinion, it's absolutely stupid that owning and using a silencer is illegal.

He should face the penalties for his gun range though, that was just downright stupid of him to do.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   
You can be involuntarily committed if you pose a danger to oneself or others. When this guy was arrested he was also psychologically evaluated. Obviously they weren't convinced that he had all his nuts screwed on well. He should be happy that he is not in a padded room right now. It's not fair, but what do you expect: it's the law.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   

I don't think we have seen the full story and it is just so easy for people to assume this man is innocent and every action by a government group is automatically suspect. Usually more details of the incident will come out later, however if it turns out that this man was just keeping these weapons for defense if the situation came, regardless of how 'out there' the defense would be for, then I believe the police did something unconstitutional. As far as I can see it a man can have 50 guns, but if he has no plans to use them to attack anybody, if they are for defense purposes, they are within their right to keep it.

If more details comes out that this man was planning some kind of a 'one mans army' attack on political and government establishments then Im sorry, to me his lost his right to keep those weapons in my eyes. For the moment there is no evidence he was planning to attack anybody.

[edit on 11-5-2010 by Southern Guardian]

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
If they are going to announce any of the story, they need to announce it all. This just looks like the police are seizing weapons from lawful owners.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Opps...

Wrong thread.

edit on 28-3-2013 by TDawgRex because: To many windows open....

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13   >>

join