It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WSJ: "Prepare for an apocalyptic anarchy ending Wall Street's toxic capitalism"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by liveandletlive

Well at least you'll arrive to the right country for your job interview. Can't take that away from you.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Scary how they talk of a neo-capitalistic world emerging after this. Has this always been planned?

What this means: private police, private armies, private everything.

There will be open slavery on a scale not seen since before the 1900s.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by GovtFlu

Hey, that was my plan.

Don't go blabbing it to the world.

There are only so many tropical Islands.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
This article is surprising, scary, yet suspicious... I mean an MSM outlet reporting this type of gloom & doom is very interesting, there's a lot of truth in what they say.

However the "Neo-Capitalism" is disturbing because that sounds like the "New World Order" or as Obama said "Fundamentally changing America". It is suspicious...

I seriously hope this is being all blown out of proportion because I want to finish my Music degree!

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
So what is this guy saying here exactly?

That a real ridgy didge full blown economic meltdown of an apocalyptic scale is heading our way? That it is already here? days away? weeks? months? never because it's all a load of fear mongering crud?

Can someone please lay it out clearly for me? Sorry if I'm coming across as totally ignorant about this

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Another post concerning the Greek debt crisis. I'm betting on bailout at the last minute myself...unless they really are pulling the plug this year. I'd be shocked if it happened.

www.zerohedge.com...

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
The WSJ is now scooping information from ATS, interesting.

Well unless the Iranian news decides to become an anarchist rag things seem pretty calm at the moment.

Here is their take on the Brussels meeting over Greece.

www.irna.ir...

4:11 AM in Tehran

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Well, I've got me a big sailboat made of steel, so resistant to small arms fire at least, a 800 gallon a day watermaker, lots of fishing rods, tackle, and spearguns and dive gear. 2 big generators. Already stocked with tons of non perishable food. A fair armory of weapons, enough to repel pirate attacks for sure.

If and when TSHTF I'm jumping in the boat and heading down towards Paraguay. I've got some friends down there with lots of horses and guns. We will invade the Bush Crime Syndicate compound, and then be in fat city!

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dbriefed
I stocked up ammo and supplies and means to get my loved ones to a place I identified. Just like many on the forum and what is recommended to the insiders. Then I saw this video on the collapsemove.com site:

(snip))

Thanks for that link.

I found it "on demand" time warner cable under movies on demand 'movies a-z'

Duuuuude... unfortunately mike makes a-lot of sense, and has been pretty accurate. I could not agree with him more when he says people are assisting in their own suicide by trusting the establishment.. believe what you see, not what they tell you.

Do you see freedom hating terrorists at your favorite starbucks?? ever been mugged by one?.. a "radicalized" jihadist ever steal your radio?, or pulled you over because your license plate bulb burnt out and ended up kicking your ass? Ever met one single person, no matter how freaky, drunk, high on drugs or weird, who "hated freedom?".. well, I guess some sexual fetish submissive types hate freedom, technically..

These people have just never existed in my world, never met one, never seen one, never hung out with one except in the bedroom.. on top of that every iranian, cuban and venezuelan I've ever met were cool peeps with a-hole leaders, just like us.

The govt and media tell me these boogie-men, if they exist, are some kinda threat to my security... but where are they and why should I care? Some pissed off dude in yemen who hates freedom.. his AK-47 is good for maybe 3000 yards, I'm 5000 miles away...I think I'm safe. LAPD OTOH, I see those dudes every day.

Even if they exist, so what? "radicalized" "terrorist" opinions are too nutty to be taken seriously, the best thing the govt could do is welcome these "extremists" to the USA and give them a huge prime time platform.. so people can laugh. If an entire tribe of several dozen "freedom haters" passed out fliers & DVDs every day on hollywood blvd.. so what, they'll get ignored faster than hare krishnas.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by antonia
Another post concerning the Greek debt crisis. I'm betting on bailout at the last minute myself...unless they really are pulling the plug this year. I'd be shocked if it happened.

www.zerohedge.com...

Antonia, if you'll recall, Tyler on Zero Hedge stated that Germany mentioned that they can not bail out Greece due to the EU Constitution expressly forbidding it with exception to things like natural disasters. Germany was the one that demanded that clause be in the EU Constitution before signing on. They are all too aware that it's in there.

By letting Greece collapse, they watch the Euro drop in value significantly, which makes their extensive export business (they are now #2 in the world) a lot more affordable because the Euro will be cheaper versus the Dollar. Germany may not show it, but they are smiling behind that poker face. These nations dragging down the cost of the Euro makes life better for Germany.

As for our own anarchy coming due to a Wall Street collapse, we all know it's coming. It's not really a shock for any of us. For us, it's all about timing. We don't need to know if there's going to be a collapse of our system, we need to know when. Most of us reading this have already prepared for this event and are just waiting for it all to go down. We know we're in the most debt we've ever seen, which staggers the mind when you think that we're far beyond all the spending Reagan did building ICBM's and the military support structures (bases) for them.

I've often wondered if we'd ever see the breakup of the US and States go their own way. Wall Street may have done in their business suits what the Civil War soldiers could not with their weapons. We'll find out soon enough (possibly this weekend with Iran's threatened "Punch", and China getting rid of all financial instruments not expressly guaranteed by the US Government (everything but Treasuries and the Dollar)).

We all know we're taking this ride, we just don't know when the man behind the curtain will push the button. It would really suck if it all went down during the Olympics.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Right now Im watchin man vs wild "Urban Survivor"...The MM is preparing us.....Bear doesnt mess around...prepare people!! Hope your ready to eat some nasty stuff

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by bpg131313

www.zerohedge.com...

Antonia, if you'll recall, Tyler on Zero Hedge stated that Germany mentioned that they can not bail out Greece due to the EU Constitution expressly forbidding it with exception to things like natural disasters. Germany was the one that demanded that clause be in the EU Constitution before signing on. They are all too aware that it's in there.

By letting Greece collapse, they watch the Euro drop in value significantly, which makes their extensive export business (they are now #2 in the world) a lot more affordable because the Euro will be cheaper versus the Dollar. Germany may not show it, but they are smiling behind that poker face. These nations dragging down the cost of the Euro makes life better for Germany.

I'm getting that angle but what about the possibility of a bailout from outside the EU? maybe the US? That might be a hell of a longshot but considering the postions we play i wouldn't put it past the Fed.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   

It's looking like Friday is gonna be when we find out if the market poops this week. German insiders are saying they can't save Greece according to the boys and girls at Zero Hedge.

www.zerohedge.com...

OMG your picture is hot. a conspiracy theorist with a face like that? Coffee some time? JK.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nomad451
So what is this guy saying here exactly?

That a real ridgy didge full blown economic meltdown of an apocalyptic scale is heading our way? That it is already here? days away? weeks? months? never because it's all a load of fear mongering crud?

Can someone please lay it out clearly for me? Sorry if I'm coming across as totally ignorant about this

Just thought I would bump this along, I really am curious

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptChaos

If and when TSHTF I'm jumping in the boat and heading down towards Paraguay. I've got some friends down there with lots of horses and guns. We will invade the Bush Crime Syndicate compound, and then be in fat city!

That's the ticket, yes siree!

Thanks for the laugh

If this article's predictions don't come true will you stop trusting the WSJ?

What about MSM in general? Have these institutions ever led the populace astray before?

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Poopra

What a powerful article.

WSJ:

we are "asleep" ... only a seismic, systemic shock will trigger the necessary revolution.

Reading this and watching Man vs Wild has really got me thinking: I'm pretty stocked up for just about anything ie:NWO, weather, economic collapse... I NEED MORE.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

The article I read said:

Under EU rules, the eurozone as a whole is not allowed to bail out individual members, but national governments can, for example, offer loan guarantees or bilateral support.

The European banking community has been putting a lot of pressure on Greece to consolidate their debt situation. I would not be surprised if Greece came forward with some kind of comprehensive audit statement that satisfies the inquiry. As an analogy I suppose it would be like a large corporation filing a chapter 11 refinancing plan. Greece could be given guarantees on debt payment plan.

This has been going on for a while now so it may resolve soon.

[edit on 10-2-2010 by Bordon81]

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Bordon81

Ah, I get it now. I'm not inclined to think the EU is just going to let Greece hang out to dry though as it would really damage the Euro. That's my whole take on the thing. Everyone is waiting for the other shoe to drop but I don't think it's going to be in Greece though.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   
So what now ladys and gentleman? This is what this site is all gh about, finding the truth, or at least as much as you can of the truth. It's time to S*it or get off the pot.

This article is very real, why, because I think my brother had run into theses "happy conspirators". About two and a half years ago my brother, working in a high end retail store at the time, said to me that there was a man who came in just looking. So my brother and his co-workers were talking about how messed up the Bush administration was and so forth. The man chimes in on their conversation and says to them, " you guys don't know the half of whats going on. When the s*it really hits the fan, I have a compound in California, that I just bought and a lot of ammunition, to protect myself from the poor people that are going to want food and water." My brother and his colleagues were staring at each other like this guy is nuts.

So after reading this article, I gave my brother the computer so he can read this travesty and when he got to the to the second paragraph on the second page, his mouth was ajar and that's when he reminded me of that customer who came in that year. So, believe me or not , I don't care. Just realize things will get hairy and for us the people that aren't the richest 2% we are going to be screwed but instead of being unthinking animals when the worst of it hits, we all need to be smart and unified, because the rich savages know we will be going for them and tactically that may not be the wisest decision. I really believe that this has to be the primary issue on the ATS site. Especially if Portugal, Ireland, Greece and Spain are on the edge of economic collapse.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

Well, one problem for Greece is they cant roll out the printing press like the good ole USA.

People need to understand that the fallout from the sub-prime fiasco still has not been paid for. There are many banks that cant write down the losses as many of the big banks have (on paper). Why the heck do you think credit is so hard around the entire world? The debt isn't going to just disappear, maybe lil ole Greece is the first. To bail out Greece may create more turmoil for the whole. I'll be watching!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join