It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WSJ: "Prepare for an apocalyptic anarchy ending Wall Street's toxic capitalism"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
This is exciting. We live in an exciting moment in history. Sure, when the # hits the fan we're gonna get hit with some back splash, but I can't wait.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Okay so everyone keeps talking about this 2/11 announcement by Iran, isn't it 2/11 there right now? Where is the big announcement.. These leaders have to start clarifying as to which time zone they are gonna make the announcement in. lol

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by jaynkeel

It's just about 2am there. They're asleep right now.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Lawyers are best 'grilled' on a stand,covered by 'subopena' sauce and they're done upon cross examination.Followed by in-peach-mint ice cream.Yum.
We gotta stick together.Hope you've already found out who your friends are...

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helmkat

Really? Because when the gas prices started rising thats when my own personal recession began, which was followed a few months later by Wall street. Most of my extra $ went to the oil companies and not into other places in the economy.

You are absolutely right Helmkat. The US recession began when Bush allowed gas to get up to 3-4 dollars a gallon in an attempt to line the wallets of his oil buddies. This broke the back of millions upon millions of commuters who must drive over seventy five miles a day in order to have employment in the big cities.

To make matters worse, virtually all merchants got on the band wagon and raised rates due to gas prices. The gas prices have receded a little since then but the price increase for services and goods has not as once the jacked up prices begin to bring back the comfort it's very hard to let go of them as people who must pay for those goods and services have found out.

There is a automechanics company near my home who jacked their services from $60 an hour to $80 on account of gas prices. I know this because I asked the owner point blank why the expense hike for labor. After receiving his answer I promptly told him that his greed had just priced his company out of business because he wont be receiving any of mine anymore. But it don't matter. Their prices are set now and will be until everyone else get's fed up with the vicious circle that the fuel crises under the Bush administration caused.

Now, Americans are scared to death to buy anything big anymore i.e houses, cars, washing machines, etc. I would wager that a good amount of the defaulters in the housing bubble were not helped by double/triple gas prices either. Most people live paycheck to paycheck. You get a influx of higher prices for no particular good reason and it puts an incredible strain on families and economists know this good and well.

One more reason to hate that retarded cowboy who stole two elections.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Well, if this is one way of bringing out free energy/disclosure via the corrupt organization's downfall, then I'm enthusiastic. To hell with this current ongoing "it's coming" standpoint. Let the sh1t hit the fan already

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by 3DPrisoner

We get it we get it, you hate Bush and everything is his fault.

I think the system is in trouble and could fail at any moment but as soon as a date is given the only thing that happens is that people are conditioned to think that nothing is going to happen once nothing happens enough.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by liveandletlive

Yeah, well you follow Bush down to Argentina and live of his huge ranch if you love him so much. He might just let you wash his dirty dishes.

The economy is dead now and it ain't coming back anytime soon. It has been teetering on the brink of destruction for over a year now and the WSJ is well within their rights to make informed opinions on this matter just as I'm well within my rights to be angry with the orchestrator of ruining an entire nation.

[edit on 10-2-2010 by 3DPrisoner]

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by DantesPeak

So I can expect some exciting news before I go to bed tonight! That will be interesting, but I bet it doesn't disturb one second of my sleep.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I wonder how much of all this us just fear mongering. I hardly think if what the WSJ is saying is going to come true they would allow it to be published. Having said that if things were to crash it would be a great day of celebration. I just want this stupid mess over and done with.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3DPrisoner
reply to post by liveandletlive

Yeah, well you follow Bush down to Argentina and live of his huge ranch if you love him so much. He might just let you wash his dirty dishes.

[edit on 10-2-2010 by 3DPrisoner]

Actually, while president his daughter became a representative of UNICEF.. went to Paraguay under those auspices; and while there closed a deal purchase the land rights over the largest untapped freshwater aquifer in the world (I think), it was a huge business deal.. for somebody in Paraguay, no doubt.

It wouldn't surprise me if they have land in Argentine too.

[edit on 10-2-2010 by Maxmars]

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by DantesPeak

I feel like a kid who can't sleep on Christmas Eve due to anticipation.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
So for the "Woo Woo" factor,here's the Timewave analysis (off the cuff) for tomorrow.

There are two upward tics into HABIT,the first being tomorrow,right in accord with this thread.In addition,just like the deer in the headlights,look out for the next one you don't see,he might be bigger.Next one is on the 13th.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by liveandletlive
What would happen if Iran planned ahead and then just turned the oil switch to off for a month or two? Last time we had a sharp rise in gas prices our economy went into a deep recession that got us where we are now!

Dont forget chavez, he could get some "yankee" kicking oil drama... so could russia and lets not forget iran has 118 non aligned nations more or less on their side... oh boy!, the possibilities are exciting..

Worst case: lets say many nations gang up on the DC mafia big-time.. if it creates enough misery.. just maybe the party cultists will figure out letting the GOP/DNC generate hate is a bad thing.

Buy an isolated farm in the mountains. Protect family against the barbarians: "Your safe haven must be self-sufficient and capable of growing some kind of food ... It should be well-stocked with seed, fertilizer, canned food, wine, medicine, clothes, etc. Think Swiss Family Robinson."

Or a seaworthy boat with some solar power, fishing pole, angry looking assault rifle, a good dog and a loyal woman that plays x-box. Seriously, there are some fantastic tropical islands that most americans have never heard of where the revolution will be televised.. best of luck my brothers & sister citizens.

Remember these internet pearls of wisdom, worth every penny you paid.. you might be pro-life, I'm pro-choice.. you're a staunch repube, I'm more of an anarchist, you hate guns, I talk to my gun.. but when the feces meets fan, you & I are on the same "us" team, versus "them". Like the ancient, afghan I believe, saying says.. something about 'me and my brother against my cousin, my cousin and I versus the enemy'..

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I stocked up ammo and supplies and means to get my loved ones to a place I identified. Just like many on the forum and what is recommended to the insiders. Then I saw this video on the collapsemove.com site:

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by 3DPrisoner

The Bush family purchased a 98,842-acre farm at Acuifero Guarani in northern Paraguay, between Brazil and Bolivia.

Also, thanks for the employment advice. A dish washing job could become necessary in the near future now that we have deficits in the trillions of dollars and have raised our debt ceiling past the “oh $hit” level straight to the “have you lost your *U%$ing mind level. But don’t worry; it’s under control by a bunch of people who have never run a company in their entire lives. It will be ok. What’s there to worry about?

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by liveandletlive
What would happen if Iran planned ahead and then just turned the oil switch to off for a month or two? Last time we had a sharp rise in gas prices our economy went into a deep recession that got us where we are now!

You need to remember that this is a global issue. Iran isn't even considering stopping oil production: SOURCE

the two countries signed a preliminary accord worth $70 billion to $100 billion by which China will purchase Iranian oil and gas and help develop Iran's Yadavaran oil field, near the Iraqi border. Earlier this year, China agreed to buy $20 billion in liquefied natural gas from Iran over a quarter-century.

Iran wants trade to grow even further. "Japan is our number one energy importer for historical reasons . . . but we would like to give preference to exports to China," Iranian Oil Minister Bijan Zanganeh said this month, according to China Business Weekly.

In turn, China has become a major exporter of manufactured goods to Iran, including computer systems, household appliances and cars. "We mutually complement each other. They have industry and we have energy resources," said Ali Akbar Salehi, Iran's former representative to the International Atomic Energy Agency

As you can see, Iran has ties with China and Japan (two of our primary debt holders by the way) and wouldn't want to jeopardize that relationship. Israel is also very much aware of these ties and they know full well that an attack on Iran that disrupts oil and gas is an attack on China and Japan. Israel might be the big kid on the block in the Middle East, but China would make light work of them by protecting their interests in Iran.

With China announcing yesterday that it was dumping all securities in it's vaults not expressly guaranteed by the US Government (MBS obviously) one can expect a wave of epic proportions to come crashing ashore sometime in the very near future.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
If any of you have yet to purchase a firearm or ammunition, now would be a good time. Also besides food you might want to buy 2-3 cartons of cigarettes even if you don't smoke; great bartering tool.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Blood Eagle

Forget cigarettes, get some tobacco seeds. And stockpile some coffee beans. I already looked into it, and coffee seems a lot harder to grow/roast yourself. Unless you live in the right climate, I guess.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Lawyers?

I say bring all the Boiling Oil in a massive Cauldron to what is charmingly referred to as a 'Rolling Boil' then tie iron shackles to their weighted ankles, throw them into the boiling oil live (of course you would have to strip them naked first and to forcibly rip out their lying tongues by the roots. The operative word here is "RIP"

Then let them crisp for about 45 mins. Then feed the crusty remains to the cockroaches.

But if you ask me, cockroaches are waaaaaaay too good for them !!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join