It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FEB 11TH almost here: What will Iran reveal?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I'm with GW8UK on this one....if Iran REALLY wanted to shake up the biggest super-power on this rock, disclosing closely guarded intel (i.e. ETs or free energy) would definitely be the button to push.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Woooops, sry, delete plz.

[edit on 10-2-2010 by twilightzone]

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I find the way they word the announcment, they use 'punch', I automatically think of something aggresive, maybe there is something to an attack on Israel, though it might just be what they want to happen with using that word, I hope I'm wrong about an attack though.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Tokala42

i think an attack is wrong,

one does not announce an impeding attack especially if your 'the underdog'

it could be anything to 'we have a nuke' , Switching trading there oil to Yen, or here is a brand new vehicle.

guess we wait

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Instead of a turtle, rats, and worms as they told the media, what if that satellite that Iran launched a few days ago actually contains either a nuke that they manufactured or one of the russian nukes that they bought a few years ago? Wouldn't it be a "punch that would stun the western arrogance" if they detonated a nuke in low earth orbit over the USA?

The US would practically become a third world country within seconds. It would knock out the electricity and everything electronic in a very large part of the entire USA and it would take years to restore.

If I was Iran and owned a few nukes(they bought some a few years ago from former soviet states) and I was being bullied by the big bad USA for doing something that the NPT says that I am allowed to do, and I thought an attack was imminent, that is exactly the way that I would use what I had to get the maximum effect. I'm sure in the entire Iranian government and military they have people bright enough to figure that out as well.

Lets just say that if the power goes out here in the USA tomorrow, I won't be looking for it to come back on anytime soon.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
To look at it, it doesn't really announce an attack, it is probably being intentionally vague. To say it announces an attack is wrong. So it may very well be an attack or it might be an announcement of a secret or anything honestly, were going to have to wait and see.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Oh crap...that could be a possibility!!! reply to post by DantesPeak

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I heard something today about US imposing more sanctions on Iran.. Maybe they are trying to get them to keep their mouth shut!

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by rexusdiablos

I think they are a bunch of blow-hards so nothing will probably happen.

If something does happen, I think they will launch an ICBM with no war head but with the ability to carry a significant one.

A bunch of these neo-cons have been on TV spouting this business that even if they did in fact get enough materials to create a legitimate nuclear weapon, they would not have the technology to successfully deliver it. As of now they have only demonstrated the ability to deliver small devices.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by kyle43

And I think they know that they can't live on black gold forever, or how inefficient it is...remember despite anything any media says, they are an Islamic country. Making money isn't on the top of the list and if it was don't you think they would be doing whatever the USA says to export the oil to America?

Very true what you say there they can not live off oil forever thats why they want nuclear power they know its going to run out eventualy but for now thats were ther money comes from.

THANKYOU

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Iran Shuts Down Gmail, Announces National E-Mail Service..Just saw this on Fox news....dont think this is the surprise..lol

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
As I post this it is now 12:59AM Feb. 11th in Tehran, Iran. No anouncement so far

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by trueperspective

I highly doubt they're going to make an announcement or do anything in the middle of the night.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeAndAware
Instead of a turtle, rats, and worms as they told the media, what if that satellite that Iran launched a few days ago actually contains either a nuke that they manufactured or one of the russian nukes that they bought a few years ago? Wouldn't it be a "punch that would stun the western arrogance" if they detonated a nuke in low earth orbit over the USA?

The US would practically become a third world country within seconds. It would knock out the electricity and everything electronic in a very large part of the entire USA and it would take years to restore.

If I was Iran and owned a few nukes(they bought some a few years ago from former soviet states) and I was being bullied by the big bad USA for doing something that the NPT says that I am allowed to do, and I thought an attack was imminent, that is exactly the way that I would use what I had to get the maximum effect. I'm sure in the entire Iranian government and military they have people bright enough to figure that out as well.

Lets just say that if the power goes out here in the USA tomorrow, I won't be looking for it to come back on anytime soon.

an interesting Premise

What would stop the biggest nuclear submarines on the planet turning Iran into a glass parking lot?

i think IF they had a weapon MAD would deter this situation?

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
maybe they declare formal entry into the shanghai co-operation organisation.
(military alliance with china and russia)

they would be untouchable then, its an eastern nato.

but i think more likely an end to selling oil in dollars, to try and hasten the demise of the dollar.

i like the thought of them coming out with evidence, to say that mossad and israel were the guys who blew up the world trade centre on 9-11.

fingers crossed ay?

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeAndAware

If this happened, you wouldn't need to worry about when the power came back on. You would likely be able to read by the glow of the Nuclear light show that was once Iran.

The Iranian Government is not suicidal. They would never launch a direct attack on the US.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
IF and that's a very big IF, something happens, an announcement of secret information would be the best way forward. How would the citizens of the west react if we had undeniable proof that our leaders were lying to us, and never had our best interests at heart? (Even though the majority of ATS, including myself believe that anyway.) Widespread anarchy? Collapse of democracy? Riots in the street? Who knows. Personally I hope it's an attack on critical economic infrastructure, ala Fight Club. Erase all the debt records and everyone goes back to zero. No more bills! The banks would be well and truley screwed then. Failing that lets hope it's some sort of UFO/Alien Disclosure...

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Any announcement has to be aimed at creating solidarity in Iran. Hopefully a war is not the catalyst that gets the Iranians behind their government.

Whatever the announcement I feel it will be, has to be, something of a magnitude that will reverberate in the West.

I await with bated breath....well after I wake up in the morning that is.

Respects

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I'm thinking something that will financialy effect EU and or US...no way Iran is not going to be the one to hit the first puch for war, let alone use nukes...

I'm not expecting any violance as yet...

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by downtown436

i would agree if it were joe or jane american saying something was gonna happen on 2/11 but this is ayatollah khamaeni sayin this, the guys has the power to make something happen... could be idle threats, could not be.. they could hurt us in any number of ways..

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join