It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Total Lockdown and Martial Law Drills, Is this a "Pre-Requisite" for What's Ahead?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 07:11 AM
link   
King North Carolina is about an hour and a half drive from where I live, and I have visited there many times for I have friends in the area! What this news story isn't telling ya though is about the "House" to "House" drills checking for weapons, and when they were helping people get home, they harrassed them to NO end! Has this become the new "Norm" people?

Residents Fumed Over Weekend Alcohol, Firearm Ban
King State Of Emergency Lifted Monday

KING, N.C. -- Residents in King were fumed over the weekend after a state of emergency declaration restricted the sale of alcohol and the carrying of firearms in vehicles.

King Police Chief Paula May said she’s received hundreds of threats related to the restrictions, which banned driving from 12 a.m. Sunday to 5 a.m.

The state of emergency for King was declared by members of the City Council after Stokes County authorities also declared a state of emergency.

Under North Carolina law, May said, when a state of emergency is put into place that includes a ban on driving, the sale of alcohol and carrying of firearms in vehicles is also banned.

MOD NOTE: Posting work written by others

[edit on Tue Feb 9 2010 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Here are a few comments from some of the King North Carolina citizens concerning what happened over this lockdown!
_www.wxii12.com...

InappropriateFeb. 9, 2010 1:00am EST | from gunsforall
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
OK people here it is! This is our future if we stand by and let our rights be taken away. A little common sense would go a long way to resolve this if it were not so diabolical in it's nature. Do we REALLY understand that our constitutional rights were usurped at will by those we elected. The only response these people will understand is at the ballot box. In order to get their attention we should vote against every encumbant no matter what party. If they were for it they should be voted out and if they were against it they should be voted out because they didn't stand up and have it stopped in it's tracks. Replacing all of them should be warning to the next batch that they work for us and we expect our constitutional rights to be defended against all enemies even if they reside in our state capital or our local sheriffs department or our mayors office. WE THE PEOPLE HAVE THE POWER TO CONTROL OUR DESTINY - IF WE CHOOSE TO USE IT.

InappropriateFeb. 9, 2010 12:54am EST | from unclesam1776
---------------------------------------------------------------------------- this woman should not only lose her job she should be jailed. the psychogovernment could not work its evil without people like ms may. looks like this was another test case to see how the masses respond to takeover - wonder which city will be next. to vox liber: re the just-doing-my-job defense: attempting to enforce an illegal or unconstitutional law is a criminal offense. ever heard of upholding the constitution? and why bother the pretendcongress about it? it's not their fault either. the president made them do it. but...wait - who controls the president??? the zionists maybe? but god favors the zionists! yikes! there is no one to hold accountable! i suggest the residents of king make a very very big deal about this.

InappropriateFeb. 9, 2010 12:50am EST | from peggyn
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Being female I have to say, unless you elect a "conservative" female to the job, this is what you get. Mom at home and Mom at the job! Paula needs to take her nurturing nature home where it belongs! Remember Katrina and that state of emergency? Door to door to confiscate weapons. The only ones left with a gun were the cops and the criminals. I wonder if those guns owners ever got their weapons returned to them.

InappropriateFeb. 9, 2010 12:09am EST | from hopefloats

MOD NOTE: Posting work written by others

[edit on Tue Feb 9 2010 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Here's what the locals are saying about it:
www.topix.com...

I don't know what to think. I have been in the midst of hurricane disasters, once a tornado that left a mess, and ice storms where snow should not fall. Maybe back then people had more common sense. Times are changing. Maybe the town has a lot of street gangs and kids looking for trouble. Maybe they needed to have stricter enforcement because of bad behavior in the past during black outs.

According to a quick fact check from internet sources, King was #7 for lowest violent crime rate for its population count in 2008. So I wouldn't really see it as a dangerous place populated by gun toting folks.

The city had a population of 6765 in 2009. Could it be a trend that exercises are being practiced in smaller towns thinking no one will notice? The population in Hardin, Montana (remember the American Police Force takeover?) was about 4,000 people.

[edit on 9-2-2010 by Alethea]

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Im from Winston Salem, and I just had to laugh because most people out in king make their own moonshine anyways, haha. I talked to my friend who was in the area and said it was just everybody making a big deal out of nothing.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by drsmooth23

Well, I have friends who live in king also, and they said some police were going door to door checking for weapons, drugs, and alocohol, but hey, who knows what really went on overall? This is just strange because a town this small, and when alcohol is not sold after 2:00 am anyways? Doesn't this seem strange a bit to you that this lasted for only about 5 hours? Seems to me that they were checking what and how the public would react.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
It is never ok in our country to do these kinds of things. This law is bogus and I'd be outraged too if that sort of thing happened where I live!

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by thewind

Well, in the city of Crystal Minnesota, the swat team ran exercises two weeks ago, no reason why and then worked with explosives less than 150 yards from my home in a city maintenance area. Almost broke the windows out of my house.

WTF, here it is, YOU MUST file your UCC-1 and claim your sovereignty or they can do this. If you are a natural person, the law does not apply to you, it is corporate law, not common law. The city council and the police chief can be brought up on charges if they have not filed an oath of office within 15 days of accepting the position. FOIA, freedom of information act, use it, file impersonating a city official or public officer. The can be arrested and put in jail.

If we act responsibly and do this, this crap will stop. Exercise your rights, NOT your "Constitutional" rights but your natural born rights. You have the freedom to go anywhere at any time so long as you harm no one and damage no others property. The city can not stop you if you know the language. It is all a fraud.

FEAR=CONTROL!!!!

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by daddio

YOU MUST file your UCC-1 and claim your sovereignty
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We actually don't have to file anything, for the "Declaration of Independence" plainly states that we the people, by the powers of our creator have the "inalienable" right to life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness!

According to constitutional law professors, this means that we own our own bodies, and are not owned by the gov't. As long as we don't infringe on other's rights, we do not fall under any gov't restrictions, to include the "right to travel".

top topics

join