It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do people hate Sarah Palin so much?

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Ahabstar

If you see a patch of poison ivy you don't go "Oh look at the lovely poison ivy!" no matter how green and lush it is.

Now, you don't 'hate' the poison ivy.

But when people around you keep trying to hand you a big fat bouquet of it while trying to tell you how wonderful it is- you are likely to tell them to take that nasty clump of poison ivy and shove it.

Nothing personal. Just a natural response.
edit on 10-6-2011 by Stratus9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by pajoly

The fact that you are unable to name any, explains much, namely you've a level of knowledge somewhere around that of your hero Palin. That my problem in a nutshell -- both she and her supporters are woefully informed, yet still incredibly arrogant. Nothing more annoying than a dumb arrogant person, than a fool who knows not that he is a fool.

Did you really need to weigh in and demonstrate just how rude you can be? Maybe that says more about your level of intelligence than mine. It's too bad that opposing views cannot be discussed civilly without resorting to character assassination.
It's sad that the level of decorum and manners has sunk so low here at ATS.
edit on 6/10/2011 by Sparky63 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sparky63
reply to post by pajoly

The fact that you are unable to name any, explains much, namely you've a level of knowledge somewhere around that of your hero Palin. That my problem in a nutshell -- both she and her supporters are woefully informed, yet still incredibly arrogant. Nothing more annoying than a dumb arrogant person, than a fool who knows not that he is a fool.

Did you really need to weigh in and demonstrate just how rude you can be? Maybe that says more about your level of intelligence than mine. It's too bad that opposing views cannot be discussed civilly without resorting to character assassination.
It's sad that the level of decorum and manners has sunk so low here at ATS.

I understand that you feel bitter, but maybe that's because you got nailed by Pajoly. You made a highly rhetorical statement that, as Pajoly showed, was comically false. You reap what you sow.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

Not bitter. Just disappointed in the general lack of civility that is becoming the norm for ATS. The women he mentioned are not lightening rods that the left would feel threatened by. I am no supporter of Palin, nor have I ever voted for a Republican so his giant leap to the conclusion that I was a Palin supporter was completely wrong.
Does this mean that I feel it necessary to call him unintelligent? Not at all.

I am not stung by his post. It did not hurt my feelings. I have been called far worse than that. It just gets tiresome to see people resorting to such behavior.
I appreciate the examples he presented, though I fell he missed the point, especially if he is using Olympia Snow as an example.

edit on 6/10/2011 by Sparky63 because: spelling

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   

reply to post by undo

I think your analysis is correct!

I can't think of a single Republican female that has not been discounted out of hand by the mainstream media.

the female republican candidates are called idiotic whores and the female democratic candidates are called evil feminist whores (depending on who is doing the talking, of course. some just lump all women into one big stereotype of being evil, idiotic, feminist whores. there's a slight lessening of this effect if the woman is also of color, but it doesn't last long before it's back to the same rhetoric, so i'm theorizing that there's some unwritten rule somewhere that states that women shall never be allowed access to the red button).

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by pajoly

I realize the original question only specified "Republican" women, but your argument and list doesn't really fully address the issue at hand.

First, there is huge difference in how the media, left or right biased, deals with candidates for President and the "lesser" (for lack of a better term) offices, such as Congress (Snowe, Collins, Dole, Hutchison) and Governor (I assume you meant Ann Richards, past Governor of my State).

Second, I will address each of those you named, individually.

Olympia Snowe - "Republicans" in the northeast often hold different political ideologies (or at least vote differently) than those in other areas of the country. As an example, I submit this article from www.libertarianrepublican.net .

Friday, May 6, 2011
Olympia Snowe voting "more conservative" anticipating a Libertarian Republican challenger
The Senator is "terrified" by a Tea Party challenge from the Right

Democrats accuse Snowe of scrambling to appease conservative voters at home in anticipation of a possible Tea-Party challenge next year.

“For good reason, Olympia Snowe is terrified of a conservative primary challenge,” said Shripal Shah, spokesman for the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee. “Today she tried to score political points with her base at the expense of Maine’s economy and small businesses.”

Snowe votes with Republicans 74% of the time, while the average for all "Republicans" is 82%. Particular issues on which Snowe parts ways with most Republicans are abortion, stem cell research, gay rights and the environment.

"Ann Richardson" - I assume you meant Ann Richards, the former Governor of Texas? Sorry, she was a Democrat.

Kay Bailey Hutchison - A measure of how Texas Rebublicans feel about Hutchison was the 2010 Republican primary. Perry 52.1% Hutchison 30.8%
Susan Collins - Like Snowe, not quite the typical Republican. And, like Snowe, has an 83% approval rating from Pro-Choice America.

Elizabeth Dole - Defintely Republican. From what little I know about Dole, her political ideologies appear to be closely aligned with those of Palin. So, why do you think she avoided the full court press of the liberal media, like we are seeing with Palin? (Other than the obvious difference in the level of office, which I mentioned earlier)

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   

reply to post by buddhasystem

Not bitter. Just disappointed in the general lack of civility that is becoming the norm for ATS. The women he mentioned are not lightening rods that the left would feel threatened by.

I take exception to the notion of "threat". Can you get it that many people find Palin simply annoying?

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I think the media "hates" Palin because she is a woman, and popular, and conservative.
I think the media hates Herman Cain because he is black and a conservative.

I think in general many dislike Palin because she seems so unqualified, for anything, and yet she is popular, and may even run for Prez.
I think many dislike Obama, because he is so unqualified and actually became Prez.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by tom502
I think the media "hates" Palin because she is a woman, and popular, and conservative.
I think the media hates Herman Cain because he is black and a conservative.

I think in general many dislike Palin because she seems so unqualified, for anything, and yet she is popular, and may even run for Prez.
I think many dislike Obama, because he is so unqualified and actually became Prez.

Sorry, but you mentioning both Barak and Sarah in one breath, with same stamp of "unqualified", is beyond hilarious.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   

A lot of people hate Sarah Palin because when she speaks....her voice pattern.....makes her sound unintelligent...this is a very real reason....it may seem somewhat ridiculous...but there it is.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   

A lot of people hate Sarah Palin because when she speaks....her voice pattern.....makes her sound unintelligent...this is a very real reason....it may seem somewhat ridiculous...but there it is.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Why do people hate Sarah Palin?

I'll answer it quickly without a bunch of filler.

BECAUSE THE MEDIA SHOVES HER DOWN OUR THROATS

oh and she is a politician.

That should clear it all up no?
edit on 24-6-2011 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
She's dishonest, propagandist, a faker, inciter of hate, spreader of misinformation, misinformed herself, she spins all day long, holds grudges, and is basically an obvious neocon constructed bullsh*t artist for the lowest common denominator.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by zoso28
The left is scared to death of her because they think she can win.

Therefore, the full frontal attack is on.

Wow, is that really the case?

I can't imagine how frightened the right must be of Nancy Pelosi or Hillary Clinton then.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Torgo

pelosi and hillary DON'T scare you?

nancy "we have to pass it to see what's in it" pelosi

and hillary "i'm doing a good job, really" clinton

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Q. Why do people hate Sarah Palin so much ?

A. Because she's a MILF.

Yes, you know that there's truth in my comment, regardless of whether the ''hater'' happens to be a man or a woman.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Just my opine only: From what I'm hearing, she says too much for her own good, thanks in part to the MSM giving her too much [hot] air time. Her voice is annoying and shrill that it rides up my nerves and rattles my teeth: I feel it is not the kind of voice to represent our nation. Plus, she left office and that's not good when under pressure. I'm NOT too sure about her political expertise or familiar with her track record as governor either: Just didn't like wolves dying over reindeer meat that could have been substituted with domesticated cows found in burger joints, that's all.
edit on 2011-6-24 by pikypiky because: To correct for "proper" grammar and spelling.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes
Q. Why do people hate Sarah Palin so much ?

A. Because she's a MILF.

Yes, you know that there's truth in my comment, regardless of whether the ''hater'' happens to be a man or a woman.

I don't think at all that there is any truth in your comment. I personally don't find Palin attractive by any measure of imagination, even as I agree that "de gustibus non disputandum est".

I do find her plain stupid, though, and it vexes me a lot that many Americans are oblivious to that fact.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea

Yeah, you know what else? A lot of the stupid things that she says make her sound really stupid too. That is a very real reason. It may seem somewhat ridiculous but there it is.

She says stupid things ins a stupid way and it makes her seem stupid for some reason. I do not hate her. I do not know her personally. I do not care to get to know her personally from what I know about her publicly.

Oh and she is not pretty but more importantly, her fans need to stop pretending that is somehow a value in her as a politician if she were. It really does not help people that see her unfit for office already to be told she is pretty enough to elect.

edit on 25-6-2011 by Senteri because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic

Why do people hate Sarah Palin?

I'll answer it quickly without a bunch of filler.

BECAUSE THE MEDIA SHOVES HER DOWN OUR THROATS

She works for one television station and got her own sshow for a season on two other television stations. That damn media shoving her down our throats by allowing her to voluntarily seek out airtime and get it again. Tricky aren't they?

new topics

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29 >>

join