It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do people hate Sarah Palin so much?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Seriously with all the statements of her lack of intelligence, that she is a bimbo, the derogatory names...I just do not get it. Me, I have to actually know a person, personally in order to actually decide if I hate them or not.

Why do people feel that such vitriol is deserved. It is like she has become the embodiment of every pretty girl that had shot you down when you asked her out. Or the girl that stole your boyfriend for what ever reason he dumped you.

Attack her lack of a defined policy or her of experience in a national political arena, but why the exasperations and exaggerations is beyond me.

Some have even said that there is no way she could lead this country because her daughter became pregnant at such an early age. I have to say that I think that more than just a few respect the comments that I make from time to time. That while they may not agree with everything that state, that I at least put a moment or two of though before making a blanket statement. I ask, would it mortify and horrify you all to know that there is 17 years and 2.5 months different between me and my mother? So, yes she was pregnant at 16. Would it surprise anyone that despite the difficulty of marrying young, that my parents are still together?

Now I am not saying we should install Palin as the next president just to see how she does. But I am saying that we should not have her personally at every opportunity and at every mention of her by the media. I figure that the membership of ATS would be a little better than that level of political discourse.

I have disagreed with quite a number of Obama's policies, I did agree with his decision to let the Navy Seals handle the Captain held by pirates, but I don't recall attacking him as a person. He might even be a decent guy to watch a baseball game with sometime, even if he is a fan of the White Sox. Because I have a hard supporting AL teams due to the DH rule.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
She is really annoying and I find her untruthful or dishonest. I don't feel like I can trust her at all. She comes across fake and that she thinks she's better then you. I feel like I could trust Dick Cheney, Hillary Clinton, The President and almost anyone in government right now in either party more then I could trust her. You get a feeling when you meet people and the feeling I get from her is bad.

+17 more 
posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   
She always said how much she cared about her state... But then dropped it when she realized she better cash in on every $100,000 pay off gig she could find while she still can.

She really cared about her state huh? Then whey did she dump them and go running for money? She already had her house built for free... What does she need more millions for?

She infiltrated the Teaparty and perverted it to the point that its FUBAR.

She's a corporatist backstabbing convoluted egotist who even backstabbed the man that brought her to stardom (McCain).

I wouldn't trust her to drive my car, let alone drive the country.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Well, let's see, for me it's because she bailed on the people that elected her in Alaska for a book deal. Kinda shows where her priorities really are.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Instead of railing against "the people who hate Palin" why don't you give us a list of her known attributes?

Talking about what some people consider weaknesses will get you nowhere. What are her strengths and why would she make a good president or political leader?

I'm curious to hear your answer.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ahabstar
Attack her lack of a defined policy or her of experience in a national political arena, but why the exasperations and exaggerations is beyond me.

If you lack policy but persist in seeking office, then you're dumb. There's no other way to cut it. In her case, if you're the vice presidential candidate and you do not know what the VP does, then people are very much justified in calling you stupid. I wouldn't get a job at McDonalds if i didn't know I had to cook the fries before I pass them out, would I? You'd think I was pretty dumb if I gave you a box of frozen fries, right?

Same deal here.

Some have even said that there is no way she could lead this country because her daughter became pregnant at such an early age. I have to say that I think that more than just a few respect the comments that I make from time to time. That while they may not agree with everything that state, that I at least put a moment or two of though before making a blanket statement. I ask, would it mortify and horrify you all to know that there is 17 years and 2.5 months different between me and my mother? So, yes she was pregnant at 16. Would it surprise anyone that despite the difficulty of marrying young, that my parents are still together?

Dunno who's saying she couldn't lead the country because pf that. People just find it rather hypocritical that she's pounding hte pulpit for abstinence-only education while her daughter's getting knocked up out of wedlock.

Now I am not saying we should install Palin as the next president just to see how she does. But I am saying that we should not have her personally at every opportunity and at every mention of her by the media. I figure that the membership of ATS would be a little better than that level of political discourse.

When you are campaigning for public office, and all you have to offer is bland demagoguery and no policy ideas, you should expect to be blown out of the water from all angles. hell, people who HAVE policy ideas have to face this same assault.

You think ATS should be "above" attacking her? heh. Are you new here?

I have disagreed with quite a number of Obama's policies, I did agree with his decision to let the Navy Seals handle the Captain held by pirates, but I don't recall attacking him as a person. He might even be a decent guy to watch a baseball game with sometime, even if he is a fan of the White Sox. Because I have a hard supporting AL teams due to the DH rule.

At least he has policies. And his ticket didn't crash and burn, so... Like him or not, he's got more running for him than your gal.

[edit on 7-2-2010 by TheWalkingFox]

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
The left is scared to death of her because they think she can win.

Therefore, the full frontal attack is on.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I don't hate Palin. She doesn't register as anything other than an annoyance.

Now, for all those who claim that the people who are anti-Palin are afraid of her... that, is both incredibly stupid and incredibly hilarious! Truthfully, I really can't decide which is more than the other...

[edit on 7-2-2010 by LadySkadi]

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
There are a number of reasons... most of which the hard lefties are scared of her... she represents a great many things they are not...and many of them cannot handle that..... I guess they call that weak minded people...

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi

Now, for all those who claim that the people who are anti-Palin are afraid of her... that, is both incredibly stupid and incredibly hilarious! Truthfully, I really can't decide which is more than the other...

[edit on 7-2-2010 by LadySkadi]

I agree. I barely think of her until I see a post on ATS about her. I don't know why I keep replying to them except I want that mystery solved.

The mystery to me is "Why do some people like Palin?"

link   
reply to post by zoso28

No, point of fact we don't. She killed McCain's ticket, and her own will fail miserably. I'm sure between now and 2012, the Republicans will find someone with a chance of winning, and Palin will be left behind. Her odds of winning are, as of right now, pretty much dependent on how high she can hike her skirt and still get on the networks, because that's all the republicans are looking at her for.

seems to be the face of hte average Palin supporter.

The left is annoyed, however, at the effect of brainless demagoguery on the American political discourse. There's an unfortunate fact in American culture that "if they say it on TV then it must be true!" so when you put a person who doesn't know what the hell it is they're talking about in front of a camera, it lowers the national average. Combine this with a lot of barn-burning rhetoric and a target audience who's hobbies include pretending to be soldiers on the internet, protesting funerals of actual soldiers, and defacing synagogues, and you've got a troubling recipe.

[edit on 7-2-2010 by TheWalkingFox]

link   
I don't hate Palin, I hate the people promoting her.

link   
reply to post by Ahabstar

She is stupid for god sakes, every heard one of her debates, but it is not just her, it is all politicians, they are just good at lying, other than that they don't have any good qualities. Look at Obama for example.

That is why they have advisors, the real decision makers in the backgrounds. Pretty sexy ladies like Sarah Palin just gets the heat. Human civilization is very old, and I believe it is old enough for leaders to realize that it would be good to stay in the background, so that if their is heat, it doesn't come to them.

Look at Ayatollah for example.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by zoso28

The left is scared to death of her because they think she can win.

The sad part is, that statement is true to an extent. It's not that the left is scared of her because they think she can win, it's that the left is scared that she MIGHT win.

It shows the lack of real intelligence in the average conservative voter. People who would support her do so because if they are a man she is cute and they wouldn't mind getting a piece of that, if they are a woman they like her because they think that she is a good example for women everywhere.

People who actually research candidates wouldn't touch her with a 10 foot clown pole.

The fact that she quit her job, did a book deal, went on the talk show tour, and now is rallying behind the TPM shows what serious lack of integrity this politician actually has. She was a Republican till it became fashionable to be in the Tea Party. If the TPM is a fad, than she will ditch them faster than her Governor job.

link   
reply to post by Ahabstar

Shes a Christian and doesn't stand down on it. Bush suffered from this also. Any one who stand for Christianity will always be poked at. I blame the Catholics mainly. She's an ok lady, but I don't think she should be VP, and she boring as hell in her new roll on Fox News. I hear her book is boring as hell too.

link   
Because she is a hard right neo-conservative...naturally, if one is left leaning or libertarian/independent, Palin will not be given much slack. I view her as controlled democratic opposition.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
The more viscous the attacks are from the rabid, slobbering, heads are exploding left, the more convinced I am Sarah is the perfect person for the job. That she is so popular just makes them more insane than they already are. Go Sarah Go!

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   
shes just another puppet following her is the wrong path to be taking

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by elaine

Originally posted by LadySkadi

I agree. I barely think of her until I see a post on ATS about her. I don't know why I keep replying to them except I want that mystery solved.

The mystery to me is "Why do some people like Palin?"

I know. I wanted to see that question answered as well, still waiting...

I'm done with Palin threads, for now. Nothing to see, nothing to learn, nothing of substance.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I dont really hate Sarah Palin. I do hold great dislike for her viewpoints. When conservatives parade her around as they tend to do, what do you expect? Really? If she is the one taking the publicity for book and money deals, what do you expect? That everybody is going to fall in love with her?

Why do people hate' Obama? Why do you 'hate Obama'?

You see, I would not post a thread like that because I would not be so quick to generalize every critic of Obama as being simply 'hateful'. There are people who feel his policies are not working, that his not taking the country into the right direction, and while I may disagree with them, they are just people being critical, not necessarily hateful.

'Hate' is such a powerful word, often used to lump all opposing views into one. Some people 'hate' Palin but not all, and from what Iv seen people have been critical of her actions, just like those of Obama. Doesnt make them automatically hateful.

Originally posted by Ahabstar
that she is a bimbo,

I agree with you. I felt disgusted when some people referred to her in such a manner, and said many other things. That being said, you will always find hateful people, its a given. You cannot expect to readily accept the fact there are people who hate Obama, but be in disbelief that the same applys to Palin, Bush, Clinton, Ron Paul etc. It goes both ways.

There will always be hateful, spiteful people who take it too far. You cannot change that fact, and you certainly cannot whine about it when it happens to be a public figure you admire.

I have disagreed with quite a number of Obama's policies, I did agree with his decision to let the Navy Seals handle the Captain held by pirates, but I don't recall attacking him as a person.

Well alot of people have attacked him as a person. You cannot complain about a minority of hateful people towards Palin, and then dismiss the same case for Obama by claiming you never did the same thing.

It goes both ways as I said. Sometimes its best for both sides to dismiss such hate and acknowledge that one can be critical without being hateful.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join