It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do people hate Sarah Palin so much?

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Thirty_Foot_Smurf

not if the press managed to convince you that she was a dingbat, and carefully edited and spliced together hit pieces for just that purpose.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo
reply to post by Thirty_Foot_Smurf

not if the press managed to convince you that she was a dingbat, and carefully edited and spliced together hit pieces for just that purpose.

I guess that's the problem with the legacy media isn't it?

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

See anybody on the right using obama's kids, even mention them at all - well his own wife did claim they were fat, but that's another matter - to attack obama?

You referred me to an article...nowhere in which does Michelle Obama call her children "Fat".

Back up your BS. OWN YOUR OWN WORDS...post the full qoute.

You insulted the First Lady and her Children while at the same time espousing that children should be off limits in vitriolic debate. This speaks to character.

AND AGAIN...as far as

See anybody on the right using obama's kids, even mention them at all?

Conservative Blog Commenters Target Malia Obama With Racial Slurs

Most of the heat is being generated by this Vancouver Sun story about the comments on a Free Republic article featuring 11 year-old Malia Obama:

“A typical street whore.” “A bunch of ghetto thugs.” “Ghetto street trash.” “Wonder when she will get her first abortion.”

These are a small selection of some of the racially-charged comments posted to the conservative ‘Free Republic’ blog Thursday, aimed at U.S. President Barack Obama’s 11-year-old daughter Malia after she was photographed wearing a t-shirt with a peace sign on the front.

www.mediaite.com...

Here they make racist jokes about Sasha..

It was published on the respected (by the right wing) website, Human Events, home to authors like Newt Gingrich and Oliver North.

Song creators Matt Fox and AJ Rice also came out with an absurdly bigoted bit in 2008 called Sasha Obama’s Big Mouth.

A narrator asks: “What happens when procreation goes horribly wrong?” They then insert audio of a Sasha Obama impersonator into that moment at the Democratic Convention when President Obama and daughter Sasha exchange hellos via teleconference. The impersonated Sasha says:

I’m going to P-Diddy’s champagne after party!
Bye daddy, I love you, As-Salamu Alaykum my brother!

www.jackandjillpolitics.com...

I could post link after link of racist trash written about the POTUSs children from right wing websites..

Take a read through the above and tell me again how the noble Conservative movement has not "ever" targeted "Obama's kids".

My opinion of your character, reflected in your post remains unchanged.

Not personal..just an accurate observation.

[edit on 16-2-2010 by maybereal11]

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by maybereal11

I pulled it from Drudge. He used the word "fat" in his headline, while obama just used the word "obese" in describing what she thought was going on with her kids.

Now you are really (and tediously) splitting hairs ...

Before you went off on this tangent, the way this related to the topic - if you'll recall - was that I said I would treat any conservative attempting to use obama's kinds as political shills the same way I do liberals doing that to Palin. Then I used the Drudge article as the closest comparison I could find - because I don't see conservatives on ATS doing such a thing. I said on ATS because I can't do anything about what happens on millions of blogs that I do not participate in. Posting examples from those other sites will get a general, one-time, "shame on them for doing that" response. And there you have it. Here on ATS is a different story.

I am offering a level playing field on this issue, while you are offering (another) deflection. Back on topic please.

[edit on 2/16/2010 by centurion1211]

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   

See anybody on the right using obama's kids, even mention them at all - well his own wife did claim they were fat, but that's another matter - to attack obama?

The above is your post…how am splitting hairs? You said that Michelle Obama called her children “Fat”.

Then after I repeatedly ask you to source your BS or actually provide a quote you try this….

I pulled it from Drudge. He used the word "fat" in his headline, while obama just used the word "obese" in describing what she thought was going on with her kids.

So Michelle Obama called her children “obese”?

Or did she say that her Pediatrician said her children were in danger of BECOMING obese?

HOW FAR THE TRUTH DRIFTS WHEN YOU POST….You said Michelle Obama called her children fat….

Here.. lets try interjecting some honesty into your BS…since you seem incapable of providing the actual quote and only capable of insulting the first lady and her children…

"We went to our pediatrician all the time," Obama said. "I thought my kids were perfect -- they are and always will be -- but he [the doctor] warned that he was concerned that something was getting off balance."

"I didn't see the changes. And that's also part of the problem, or part of the challenge. It's often hard to see changes in your own kids when you're living with them day in and day out," she added. "But we often simply don't realize that those kids are our kids, and our kids could be in danger of becoming obese. We always think that only happens to someone else's kid -- and I was in that position."

I am offering a level playing field on this issue, while you are offering (another) deflection. Back on topic please.

AND when I call you on YOUR BS….I am deflecting?

To the contrary, this is a terrific example of how this BS is spun on a daily basis by posters like yourself and it is painfully relevant to these types of threads…..

BTW - You can't have it both ways...claiming that you think that politically attacking wives and children is off limits...while at the same time doing just that with a heavy dose of BS.

Trying being honest and I will try not to call your BS.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by maybereal11

Thread title: Why do people hate Sarah Palin so much?

Subject of your recent posts: the difference in meaning between the words "fat" and "obese".

Conclusion: Clearly, off topic posts and very likely deflection attempts.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

Thread title: Why do people hate Sarah Palin so much?

your (untrue) post: Michelle Obama called her children fat

Conclusion: Clearly, you simply spout lies and BS and refuse to back it up.

On topic...Apparently Sarah Palin and supporters such as yourself suffer from the same affliction...namely the above.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I know I would rather see posts to be more about the subject and less about each other before a mod happens to wander in.

Thank you.

[edit on 16-2-2010 by Ahabstar]

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Isn't personal preference enough? I mean we are picking people to lead this country in some way. She served previously in a leadership role as Gov of Alaska then was a VP candidate.

Personally my issue is that she is more out of touch with me and my situation than anyone in politics currently. I would argue that she is very divisive as well.

In many ways in she reminds me of Bush. That helps me understand the appeal she has. I would prefer not to have a repeat of that administration.

Finally I'll avoid the intellect issue and general knowledge. However that is a major problem for many people, including myself.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Ahabstar

Let me be sure I have this straight then.

The only way you will ever "Get it straight" is to realize that you ARE wrong and that you ARE supporting a person who is, quite possibly, the dumbest (in the most literal sense) politician that we have seen in a long, long time.

You will need to recognize that she is:

• A crooked politician
  • A horrid spouse
  • A bad mother
  • A lousy human being
  • A pathetic governor
  • And i would say a horrible leader, but...she has not led anything, so you can't call her ANY kind of "leader"

The only way you will ever "get it straight" is when you admit, to yourself, that the only reason you like her, is because she makes YOU feel smarter.

Then, and only after those two things happen, will you ever "get it straight"

Until then, keep snuggling up next to the fire with your favorite copy of "GOING ROGUE" and living in your fantasy world.

She served previously in a leadership role as Gov of Alaska then was a VP candidate.

Yes. She was elected as Governor and walked out on those who voted for her before her first term was up.

She was nominated for VP - but had her party turn against her after they realized how utterly stupid she is.

That would be my biggest set of secrets if i were her.

[edit on 16-2-2010 by Snarf]

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Snarf

Well she's quite possibly the dumbest politician you've ever seen till the next republican candidate.

sorry, couldn't resist.
but dude, if you added up how many times you called her stupid and just about every other possible insult, even you would begin to realize the degree of exaggeration applied is perhaps not required unless you mean to do her irreparable harm. and since she's a christian woman, in a nation with a few other christian women who actually like her, i'm sure you know how the ladies are interpreting this new vogue. i'm watching and i ain't stupid. i'm learning incredibly fast.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ahabstar

While the 2012 presidential election is still quite far off, Obama will have to fight the perception of having done nothing for the people that elected him in 2008.

Between voter dissatisfaction and what could be a political war between Obama and Clinton, Palin could skate right under the radar by being a refreshing breeze as an alternative.

The whole world knows that Obama has accomplished plenty. This "perception" you speak of, it's just a pipe dream in the little minds of the teabaggers, lol.

But he has been hampered by a bunch of cockroaches who say NO to everything (while making believe they stand on principle). Ha, ha, we all know what those people stand for, and as I said previously, these are NOT Christians, not at all. And it's no secret what they really stand for.

And, as far as Hillary is concerned, she looked pretty good as a candidate for President in 2008--that is until Obama came along. You see, many people didn't feel that she and Bill needed to back in the White House. So Obama was my choice, me and millions of Americans.

Keep crying and speculating about dividing the Democratic Vote. All I can say is that one term or two, Obama is currently the President of the United States--all the TEABAGS in the world can't change that. And he will take his place in history--as the 44th President of these here UNITED STATES, and as a Nobel Peace Prize Winner.

Winner being the operative word here...get it?

Sarah Palin's name just "doesn't belong" when we discuss Presidents, First Ladies, History, Education and Foreign Policy.

Go home Sarah, and care for the many children (including the special needs child) that you have brought into the world.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by CSIfan

not cockroaches. human beings. people. ya know, the folks that dry clean your clothes and stitch up your booboos, and drive you in the ambulance, and put the fire out on your house, and repair the roads you drive on and ...........they are not any less human than you are. so if you wouldn't mind, could you please amend your references just so i don't have to cringe every time i read one of your posts?

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Snarf

I just think its cool to watch how with every post from you she just keeps getting worse. After another page she should be right on par with jigsaw.

Blah blah blah she's stupid blah blah bad person blah blah...

I thnk you just jumped the shark with thread...

[edit on 16-2-2010 by Thirty_Foot_Smurf]

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by CSIfan
And he will take his place in history--as the 44th President of these here UNITED STATES, and as a Nobel Peace Prize Winner.

Oh he'll take his rightful place in the annals of presidential history alright. Right next to FDR and Wilson. Unfortunately they dont break the mold when it comes to his type. Every so often a president comes along that will be as close to a dictator as the constitution will allow and he's one of them.

And far as the nobel peace prize goes, man you are stretching. The only reason this guy got that was they wanted to make him too big to fail. As if the fact he got that gave him the mandate to do what he wanted. What a joke...You explain to me why a wartime president receives that prize? Also please tell me why he deserves it when he is currently escalating the war in Afghanistan?

And as far as getting anything done...The only time he gets anything done is when he follows Bush's policies. that’s gotta stick in your craw. And that’s with a democratically controlled congress! Its not the " Teabaggers " as you put it. If you believe that you have no grasp on reality.

Pop quiz genius..Tell me, Why are all the progressive candidates either retiring or getting their ass handed to them in elections? I suppose the Teabaggers are behind that too?

Just like Snarf I think you've officially jumped the shark too. ( Clapping ) Seriously good luck with all your future posts.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

That link is awesome, and I would have to agree, because the reason I like her is she brings me to mind of a librarian that inhabits my most personal dreams. Definitely not someone to run the US. SOmeone to help me learn the dewey decimal system, yea, president nah.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Snarf

Way back on page 2 I gave my opinion on her ability as a President and VP.

The only way you will ever "Get it straight" is to realize that you ARE wrong and that you ARE supporting a person who is, quite possibly, the dumbest (in the most literal sense) politician that we have seen in a long, long time.

I must now question your age, knowledge of politicians in general and specific education in history. It would go far in defining exactly what you mean by a long, long time. Gary Hart is but the first name I could mention in a very long list. Gary Condit, David Duke, Ross Perot, Dan Quayle, Michael Dukakis...let me know when you want presidents like Harding, Buchanan, John Adams...and their failed actions.

You will need to recognize that she is:

• A crooked politician
  • A horrid spouse
  • A bad mother
  • A lousy human being
  • A pathetic governor

We could substitute Bill Clinton very easily except change mother to father. But in Palin's case:

• What exactly what crime has she committed? Perjury like Bill?
  • She has not had an affair (or several) like Bill
  • Her daughter had premarital sex and got pregnant. Chelsea had premarital sex and did not.
  • Subjective...It would be just as subjective to say she is beautiful or that Bill is handsome. Different people have different qualifiers.
  • Any CIA planes loaded with drugs booking passage in Alaska?

• And i would say a horrible leader, but...she has not led anything, so you can't call her ANY kind of "leader"

I guess mayor, head of council of mayors, governor are not leader positions

The only way you will ever "get it straight" is when you admit, to yourself, that the only reason you like her, is because she makes YOU feel smarter.

I am smarter. I have significantly higher IQ. And I have experienced things that she never will. I could also say the same thing in comparison to a number of people I listed in this post.

Then, and only after those two things happen, will you ever "get it straight"

I seem to have missed your second point. Sorry. Unless your two points were that she is dumb and I only like her because she makes me feel smarter.

Until then, keep snuggling up next to the fire with your favorite copy of "GOING ROGUE" and living in your fantasy world.

Don't have a fireplace nor a copy of "Going Rogue". My fantasy would be for people to not slander others out of prejudgement, I'd settle for common civility though. It is not a high fantasy world that I live in. In fact, some have called it reality. But those people don't usually froth at the mouth when asked a question of why all people can not be decent towards one another.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 05:04 AM
link   

We already know the nation is capable of voting for someone with no experience or substance - obama. Guess that means they'll basically vote for anyone that can say a single word such as "change" in a way that makes them believe - pied piper like - that it means something good.

And yes, some kool-aid drinkers ARE still in denial (fact).

Most - due to also being elitists - can't tell the difference between personal opinion and actual fact.

Okay, okay, I might be a kool-aid drinker, but I know stoopid when I see it. And I'll bank on Obama's exceptional education and serious work experience over the scraggly education of Ms. Palin's. I read an article somewhere about they guy she hired in Alaska to do her job--did you catch that article?

People who are qualified (intelligent) enough to get into good schools are not elitist--they're smart. Swallow it, cause it's the truth.

Only really stoopid people think it's bad to be intelligent. If that's the direction these so-called teabaggers are going, they're going to make themselves the laughingstocks of all time.

As a matter of fact, I'm already laughing.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by undo
reply to post by CSIfan

not cockroaches. human beings. people. ya know, the folks that dry clean your clothes and stitch up your booboos, and drive you in the ambulance, and put the fire out on your house, and repair the roads you drive on and ...........they are not any less human than you are. so if you wouldn't mind, could you please amend your references just so i don't have to cringe every time i read one of your posts?

You gotta be joking! I am so sick and tired, really bored by your comments, all that feminist stuff...I haven't said anything, but--look, don't cringe, just put me on ignore, because I should have put you on ignore a long time ago. That way we won't have to "cringe off of each other"...how bout that?

I am a woman too, but I'm part of the new real world. You know, the one where a man or a woman can be called stupid. You know, the real world...?

*By the way, I noticed that you didn't jump into the fray when the other guy was lying about what Michelle Obama said about her children? Aren't you the one who defends Palin and Hillary? What about Michelle--AIN'T SHE A WOMAN?

Hey, look, like I said, I know stupid when I see it, and I also know BS when I see it.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thirty_Foot_Smurf

* Every so often a president comes along that will be as close to a dictator as the constitution will allow and he's one of them.

* And far as the nobel peace prize goes, man you are stretching. The only reason this guy got that was they wanted to make him too big to fail.

*The only time he gets anything done is when he follows Bush's policies. that’s gotta stick in your craw.

*Pop quiz genius..Tell me, Why are all the progressive candidates either retiring or getting their ass handed to them in elections?

Just like Snarf I think you've officially jumped the shark too. ( Clapping ) Seriously good luck with all your future posts.

Heh, heh...hey, nothing's sticking in my craw, but I think the shark climbed up inside and is making you hurt real bad. Could it possibly hurt that bad? Cause you, my friend, cannot change History...

I think the real FEAR OF THE TEABAGGERS is that Barack Obama might possibly be one of the Best Presidents in the History of the United States--and that's why they're fighting so hard to cripple his administration.

Yes, deep down they fear that if he could rise to the top--Magna Cum Laude--of the Harvard University Law School--(and every other thing he has attempted) then hey, he may succeed!

There is the TRUE FEAR! Yes, the true fear of MEN WITH SMALL HATEFUL MINDS--Cockroaches!

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join