It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arab media: 2 Israeli Navy ships passed through Suez Canal

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Arab media: 2 Israeli Navy ships passed through Suez Canal

www.ynetnews.com

Two Israeli missile boats reportedly passed through the Suez Canal Thursday morning, according to Arab media reports over the weekend.

Egyptian maritime sources quoted in the Arab media estimated that both ships were headed to the Persian Gulf and may reach it within four days.

The sail through the Suez Canal was coordinated with Egyptian authorities, which reportedly adopted strict security arrangements to ensure the safe passage of the two Israeli ships. According to Arab media, Egyptian forces prevented any vessels from passing through the Canal and also stopped the vehicular traffi
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Buckle up folks, because the long awaited, much rumoured and massively talked about strike on Irans nuclear facilities by Israel and possibly the US could be about to begin!

It appears these two Israeli Missile ships are making their way through the Suez Canal to the Persian Gulf where they will join a large buildup of US Navy assets already strategically placed and ready to attack, just off the shores Iran.

In the reply below I have linked to a late breaking news article from Haaretz.com which states that Hezbollah has just put the whole of Lebanon on the highest alert, as it fears Israel is about to attack!

It's all coming together.. once this starts, you had better hold on, because this will be like nothing the world has ever experienced in recorded human history.

www.ynetnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Here's the link to the BREAKING NEWS article from Haaretz.com that states that Hezbollah has put Lebanon on a state of HIGH ALERT in preperation for an imminent Israeli attack:

Hezbollah raises Alert Level in Lebanon !

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   
I doubt htier setting up an offensive all though i could be wrong. I remember reading 2 years ago when the recession started, abuot martial law being imposed and a war with israel/iran to happen..its all about politics. wonder if this has something to do with it? israel iran going to war, a supposedly al quida attack here in mainland usa imposing martial law...seems suspicous.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Israel Versus Iran

you had better hold on, because this will be like nothing the world has ever experienced in recorded human history.

Isn't that exactly what was predicted just prior to the war in Iraq?

I seem to recall this comment:

"The Mother of all Battles"

Well that was just a whimper and if Israel and the United States strike Iran, I expect it to be less than that.

Just my opinion of course

Semper

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   
I can't believe these words are about to come out of my mouth but... I actually justify what Israel is about to do!
I have just cause for my reasoning, let me state that I am more of a pacifist than a militaralist but I believe Iran knew what they were doing in the region and knew that Israel would not stand by even to allow Iran to build nuclear facilities for civilian use. They knew this, but now they have decided to align themselves with Lebanon and Syria into a pact that will drag the whole region into war. Iran knew the whole time what was going to happen, Ahmadinejad says that he is the Mahdi and they believe the only way to bring about their beloved Mahdi is to start a regional war with Israel the likes the world has not saw since WW2. This was intentional on Iran’s' part and Israel played hook-line-sinker! But also believe Israel thinks this is their prophesied war against Gog and Magog that will usher in their savior, both sides are saber rattling to bring out their saviors and obviously there can only be one savior. Russian roulettes anyone?

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis

you had better hold on, because this will be like nothing the world has ever experienced in recorded human history.

Isn't that exactly what was predicted just prior to the war in Iraq?

I seem to recall this comment:

"The Mother of all Battles"

Well that was just a whimper and if Israel and the United States strike Iran, I expect it to be less than that.

Just my opinion of course

Semper

No i believe this will be 100 times worse than the US invasion of Iraq which was completely 1 sided. For starters Iran has the capability to shut down the strait of Hormuz, which 20% of the worlds daily oil supply travels through, also the Iranian Revolutionary guards are a far more formidable force than was Saddam Husseins army.

Not to mention the fact that Hezbollah has at least 40,000 rockets waiting to be fired at Israel, and also the fact that Russia, Syria, Palestine and maybe even Turkey will come to the aid of Iran.

Put all these factors together and you have the makings of World War 3.

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   

For starters Iran has the capability to shut down the strait of Hormuz, which 20% of the worlds daily oil supply travels through, also the Iranian Revolutionary guards are a far more formidable force than was Saddam Husseins army.

Problems with this:

1. Iran can never match our Naval might, not by .001 percent. We can and we would clear the strait anytime we wish too

2. And as for the Rev Guards? At the time of the Iraq War, the same thing was said about Saddam's personal guard. You remember them? The ones that gave up when they first saw us?

I'm sorry, but as far as military might and tech goes, Iran would simple be a fly in our ointment in full on combat. Now the aftermath could be another story like in Iraq now.

Also understand I am NOT advocating any of this, nor do I particularly support any conflict with Iran, I am simply talking logistics here. Hope you understand..

Thanks

Semper

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   
No doubt in military intelligence circles that Syria and Hezbollah will use weapons of mass destruction (chemical weapons and maybe biological) in order to secure territory, protect that territory and to disable airforce bases throughout Israel. They will likely play a ruse on the global public that Israel acted first so expect a Lebanese village to be gassed. At the same time, Iran is hoping to have a nuke deployed to detonate with a warning that Israel surrender immediatley or they will be obliterated (but thta is the last chapter).

First, military planners expect that the hezbollah and Syria will use rapid action forces (lightweight, capable of landing on rafts or by helicopter) to bypass Israeli armor and istead hit Israeli cities to intentionally create house to house combat. They too have the support of the arabs in Israel (2 million) whom can cause riots and even join the fight creating utter chaos for Israeli military.

The plan is to catch Israel off-guard, diable airports, strike Dimona (with the hope of limiting Israel's ability to tactically prepare its nukes), limit Israel's airpower, and then slowly grind Israel into mincemeat. The longer the war lasts, the more Israel will suffer great casualties and not be able to tolerate them. Iran will then leave its final demand after launching one nuke, but the threat will likely carry-over to the U.S. with the threat of the use of many nukes if the U.S. does not also back-off and exit the region immediately.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   

There going to shut down the straight of hormuz what are you talking about that makes no sense. Are they going to declare war on Kuwait or united Arab Emirates???? come on there not stupid enough to attack arab countries so thats just silly.

Now As far as Russia is concerned they wouldnt protect Iran.They would profit heavily if Irans oil production was halted they are the only country that could replace the oil with there suppliers. Big win for the Russians. China might pipe up but only because they want concessions with Taiwan and would get them. So all and all if Israel decided to attack (which they wont at least not without more international support) it would literally be between those 2 countries and wouldnt escalate as far as you think.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Israel Versus Iran
No doubt in military intelligence circles that Syria and Hezbollah will use weapons of mass destruction (chemical weapons and maybe biological) in order to secure territory, protect that territory and to disable airforce bases throughout Israel. They will likely play a ruse on the global public that Israel acted first so expect a Lebanese village to be gassed. At the same time, Iran is hoping to have a nuke deployed to detonate with a warning that Israel surrender immediatley or they will be obliterated (but thta is the last chapter).

First, military planners expect that the hezbollah and Syria will use rapid action forces (lightweight, capable of landing on rafts or by helicopter) to bypass Israeli armor and istead hit Israeli cities to intentionally create house to house combat. They too have the support of the arabs in Israel (2 million) whom can cause riots and even join the fight creating utter chaos for Israeli military.

The plan is to catch Israel off-guard, diable airports, strike Dimona (with the hope of limiting Israel's ability to tactically prepare its nukes), limit Israel's airpower, and then slowly grind Israel into mincemeat. The longer the war lasts, the more Israel will suffer great casualties and not be able to tolerate them. Iran will then leave its final demand after launching one nuke, but the threat will likely carry-over to the U.S. with the threat of the use of many nukes if the U.S. does not also back-off and exit the region immediately.

nope.. if Iran threatened the U.S with nukes you can kiss Tehran goodbye U.S. would not let Israel crumble

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   
So, this is how it all begins. Two Israeli naval vessels heading to the Persian Gulf to augment the US presence in the region. They must know something about what the President of Iran is going to be saying in his diatribe that is supposed to rock the world in the immediate future. Chances are they have actually done what everyone thought? That is make the bomb. Any news reports of US military installations around gulf being put on high-alert as well. That could be another telling sign that aggression may be on the horizon.

The Iranians have the capability to shut-down the Strait of Hormuz which is a major shipping lane for petroleum products within the region. I think they are crazy enough to do just that if attacked. Could oil go over a hundred dollars a barrel if war breaks out? That would make what is going on within the economy right now feel like a slap on the wrist.

Then, there are Russian advisers on the ground in Iran as well. I have not seen anything in media of an abrupt departure of those particular people yet, but maybe in the coming days. Plus, the Chinese are going to be pretty upset over any disruption in their oil dealings with the Islamic Republic if war erupts in the region. This thing can go in many directions, and all bad for all those involved. Something is certainly brewing with all these naval movements.

[edit on 7-2-2010 by Jakes51]

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Iran isn't known to have nukes, whereas Israel has 200 or thousands- depending on who you ask.

If Iran manages to kill thousands of Israelis using conventional weapons or WMDs, then Israel will start firing off nukes against Iran and neighbours as a final solution. Russia, Pakistan, India, China, America, among a few others may start firing their own nukes for one reason or other.

As predicted in Revelations and by other 'Seers', at the end of the conflict most of the world's cities will have been turned into glass and billions will be dead in the months after the conflicts by starvation, violence, and radiation poisoning.

[edit on 7-2-2010 by star in a jar]

[edit on 7-2-2010 by star in a jar]

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Don't forget the fact that China would a war with Iran as an economic war on them, if USA was involved. It would have serious ramifications.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   
This so called great announcement will occur only 1 day before the openings of the winter olympics. If Iran was truly thinking strategy here they would continue to drag the IAEA along until the very end then on Feb. 11 announce that they have finished making 'the bomb', with these words the US/Israeli's would strike in an instant. But, like I said, if Iran was truly thinking strategy they would have moved 'the bomb' to the Caspian sea. Then they could threaten all of Europe and Israel while the US/Israeli forces are bombarding southern Iran they could have 'the bomb' sitting nice and pretty way up in the north just waiting to be launched. It's all about strategy and Iranians know strategy, they invented chess!

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 01:43 AM
link   
This could very well be the downward spiral everyone has been talking about for months on here? Apparently, the US and it's allies are not accepting the recent overture by the Islamic Republic to abide by the new nuclear agreement? A few days ago there was an article were it mentioned the Iranians were considering a deal.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

When they did that I found it as being suspicious, given the fact a few days earlier, the Iranian President mentioned his future announcement that would rock the world.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It looks like the recent two-bit agreement was nothing more than a tool to try and buy time and take some of the heat off of them by the US and Israel. With the recent developments, it appears the Iranians stall tactic has backfired miserably. The domino effect has begun.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

I suppose you have forgotten about Canada's OIL!!! and by the way they are ramping up production.

Read more

added link

[edit on 7-2-2010 by svpwizard]

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by svpwizard

Oil sand is a joke compared to real oil fields.

It could never sustain China, US, or even Canada itself.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 02:12 AM
link   
This whole Iran thing over the past 5 years has been the boy who cried wolf so to speak. I've been following closely what's happening and I think war is right around the corner. There has been too much rhetoric too much positioning of assets, ships, troops etc. Things are lining up. Whether it happens this month or this summer who knows. If war with Iran does happen it will be very messy. It's not going to be a cakewalk like so many on here believe. Once winter ends the fighting in Afghanistan is supposed to become severe. So maybe war with Iran will happen before that. I don't know but the world just feels like a pressure cooker right now.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join