Arab media: 2 Israeli Navy ships passed through Suez Canal

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Start saving up as many books as you can, and learn as much as you can while there's still a little bit of time.

Within a few short period of time, we will all once again have to learn how to start fire and electricity.

"I do not know with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones."
- Albert Einstein

Humans are so stupid.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Buckle up folks.

Oh and uh lol there is no such thing as Israel vs. Iran.

It's: USA & Israel vs. Iran.

So Americans, ready up!

[edit on 7-2-2010 by Glass_Eyed_Max]

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
By the way, those missile boats are probably in the persian gulf right now or will arrive shortly.

According to the report, it said that they would arrive 4 days from thursday... that put it today or early tomorrow.

An attack on Iran during the super bowl would be a wise plan for distraction.

And Syria said they would attack Israel if a war broke out between Lebanon and Israel... and it would start if Iran is struck.

And IMO if Syria or Iran uses chemical or biological weapons against Israel, Israel will use tactical nukes.

[edit on 7-2-2010 by Vitchilo]

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Is it just me who sees that the US military force is far too stretched at the moment to be able to deal with a third war? Even with the backing of Israel forces?

It just doesn't seem like something that could happen. Would Congress and the Senate approve? Would Americans approve?

I don't think that American citizens would allow themselves to be thrown in to something like this again. Mind you that's without another false flag/terrorist attack on American soil or against a close ally.

I mean during the worst recession of recent history and an all out attempt by the world to recover is it really feasible to start something like this?

I know that Israel is foaming at the mouth, but that is nothing new. And yes the Iranian Regime enjoys making harsh and loud statements and banging heads against a brick wall, but another war?

Even if it were short and sweet the cost would be incredible, the diplomatic consequences grave considering China, Russia and other Arab nations that would no doubt come to Iran's aid.

If not be extremely upset that a valuable commodity like oil is caught in the conflict.

I just don't see it as being a viable option that the US could take legally and morally considering the current political climate in the US.

~Keeper

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
www.presstv.ir...

Syrian President Bashar al-Assad said Sunday that Damascus would stand by Beirut, should Israel launch another war on Lebanon.

"Syria will stand alongside the government and people of Lebanon against any possible Israeli aggression launched on Lebanon," Assad said Sunday in a meeting with visiting Lebanese Parliament Speaker Nabih Berri in Damascus, AFP reported

www.presstv.ir...

Iran has successfully tested the prototype of its first domestically-built stealth drone, a senior Air Force commander said Sunday.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

First of all , Israel doesn't care about the US being stretched thinly.

Let's be truthful, Israel is calling the shots here.

The US has absolutly no problems with Iran.

Israel has problems with everyone.

But, it will be US soldiers in boxes with flags on them.

Somebody explain please.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sean48

Somebody explain please.

I don't think Israel is calling the shots friend.

Israeli General urges US-Israel strike against Iran

This has been going on since the early Bush administration. Every year Isreal asks for support and the US turns them down.

And Obama can't just sign a form and make the country go to war, he needs approval from his constituents. And he no longer has his precious Super Majority.

The GOP doesn't want another war, that would undermine they're current political platform of not spending and what not.

~Keeper

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Could it be that Israel is just "tagging along" with the big NATO push in Afghanistan...they are not a member of NATO. Iran/Afghanistan sounds a bit ominous come to think of it, maybe two birds with one? stone.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Aren't they sending another Aircraft carrier group into the Strait?

Thats a powder keg , just waiting for a spark.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Israel Versus Iran

I think you have been playing too many games on your PS3 mate

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Sean48

They are, but American and Israel have postered themselves towards Iran before.

Just look at the various ground and air exercises they do which the highly reported on the MSM every year.

There are too many geo-political and economic issues with starting another war.

But like I said, if there's another terror attack on American soil, or at the Olympics, you know a big show of support would flood in for a war.

I just don't know if they can get away with something like that twice in a row.

~Keeper

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   

We hear this American military is stretched too thin comment too often.

We have not only given our National Guard troops real world combat experience (I don't call them weekend warriors anymore), but we have purchased more military equipment , spent more money on mobilizing our military, practiced logistics, and replaced all our aging bombs with brand spanking new state of the art stuff.

This whole 2 wars thing to me has improved our forces, giving them real world practice, and a whole bunch of fancy new toys. Forget war games, we now know how to kick down doors in a populated city and have more UAV drones than ever.

The coolest new toy coming soon:

www.popsci.com...

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Lets hope Israel doesn't pull another "Liberty".

It almost worked against Egypt last time, jets were in the air.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

Somebody explain please.

I don't think Israel is calling the shots friend.

Israeli General urges US-Israel strike against Iran

This has been going on since the early Bush administration. Every year Isreal asks for support and the US turns them down.

And Obama can't just sign a form and make the country go to war, he needs approval from his constituents. And he no longer has his precious Super Majority.

The GOP doesn't want another war, that would undermine they're current political platform of not spending and what not.

~Keeper

I would recommend paying a visit to this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

In it you will find a documentary on how the United States is controlled in order to favor Israel. Americans are most certainly not in control of the U.S. Government.

[edit on 7-2-2010 by Glass_Eyed_Max]

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
If there is a-n-y kind of battle, get ready for $6-$7 a gallon gas. it will happen over night. The price of gold and silver will jump greatly over night. If you think this is a nothing battle, you better think again.

Mistaken perceptions have been the downfall of many nations. The American navy has been building up in the region for a while. I have read it is more missle cruisers than normally present. You think they are there for a drill???? Not hardly, they know whats coming, and so does Israel. it's called getting your ducks in a row.

This battle will be no cakewalk, especially if other nations decide to take up the fight, as in more than one battle front. Many nations hate the jews, and they may see this as their chance to pile on.

We will see won't we. Don't forget Iran mentioned something about the 11th of Febuary... I would definetly keep an eye on that date...

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by whattheh

We hear this American military is stretched too thin comment too often.

We have not only given our National Guard troops real world combat experience (I don't call them weekend warriors anymore), but we have purchased more military equipment , spent more money on mobilizing our military, practiced logistics, and replaced all our aging bombs with brand spanking new state of the art stuff.

This whole 2 wars thing to me has improved our forces, giving them real world practice, and a whole bunch of fancy new toys. Forget war games, we now know how to kick down doors in a populated city and have more UAV drones than ever.

The coolest new toy coming soon:

www.popsci.com...

I'm sorry but if you can call weapons that are made to kill eachother toys, than I am very disconnected from America calls Peace and Freedom.

Ridiculous.

I have to agree that the wars have given you more real world combat experience, but that doesn't mean there are more soldiers, and the new recruits required to build up to a war with Iran would not have that experience.

Your military would probably just Stop Loss all of it's valiant soldiers serving 3rd and 4th tours. What a sad turn of events that would be.

~Keeper

link   
Bah! Infamous double post!

Damn garden gnomes and their Shinanigans...

~Keeper

[edit on 2/7/2010 by tothetenthpower]

link   
reply to post by Zosynspiracy

Dear Mr Head of Israel,

1. Switch on your Patriot Missile protection systems.

2. Phone Obama and tell him to tell the US Forces to watch their Radars and go onto alert.

3. Spend about an hour programming all the conventional cruise missiles with Iranian targets.

4. Push the button, sit back with some mint tea and goodbye Iran, no more problems!

If Syria and Lebanon / Gaza start anything silly, repeat step 3 and 4.

Peace at last!!

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Trust me friend I know all of the information posted here and I know that Americans lost control of their government a long time ago, but they still need to pander to the masses.

Americans still have the ability to rise up and lynch all these politicians and they will if things don't get better. It's rough times.

Like I said, I just don't see them being able to sell it to Americans or it's allies without another huge event taking place such as 9/11.

I'm not saying it won't happen, it's just that currently the reasoning isn't there.

~Keeper

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jakes51 So, when people claim the US and Israel are the new Nazis I find it somewhat misinformed and short-sighted. Yes, both have been involved in unpopular wars, and civilians have died; but to go as far as to crop them with genocidal mass murderers is almost laughable. However, if you feel that way to each their own I guess?

[edit on 7-2-2010 by Jakes51]

Misinformed ?

Please inform us, because I kinda agree with the Nazi thing.

Why are 750,000 + Iraqies dead now , 1000+ Gazians ?

Because they hate our freedom's ?

Because 911 attacks?

The two countries behind 911 were Saudi Arabia , Pakistan

Please inform me sir.

Thanks for the response! Now, to crop the US and Israel with the Nazis is quite a stretch, however, I am not negating the issue of fascist elements showing their ugly face in both countries; and that is because of the closeness between corporate interests and government. Some refer to that seedy relationship as the "Military Industrial Complex." However, still in my personal opinion; they are not of the same ilk as the Nazi regime. I have yet to see both sides summarily execute civilians for no apparent reason as was seen with the Nazis.

Has unreported atrocities happened, probably? However, is it state sanctioned as it was under the Nazi regime? That is a negative as far as I have seen. Now, you mention the civilian casualty figures from the Iraq conflict, and they are 750,000 or so. That is quite a high number, would you be so kind as to offer a source for that figure. I would like to see it.

Now, to get back to the civilian casualties, it was an insurgency fraught with sectarian violence which teetered on the edge of civil war. In any war of attrition, civilian casualties are high. Furthermore, are some of that figures also allocated to deaths caused by insurgents? It is hard to weed out the enemy when they look as the people do, and when the civilians are afraid to turn over these people out of fear of retribution.

Now, if it were the Nazis element of the German Army in a similar situation; they would have gone into what ever town insurgent activity took place and rounded up every man, woman, and child. Then, they would have most likely executed the whole lot of them, and burned the town to the ground. I have yet to see tactics such as that being used by the US, or Israel for that matter.

Now, you bring up a 1,000 or so killed or wounded Gazans. Yes, the Gaza situation is quite harsh, but if they would refrain from lobbing rockets and sending suicide bombers into Israel, maybe that grim figure would not be there in the first place? However, Hamas blends in well with the Palestinian population, and when a raid or bombing occurs this close proximity between civilian and combatant often results in significant collateral damage. Is the treatment of the Palestinian people harsh? I say, yes, absolutely!

However, I don't see the Hamas government softening their tone with Israel or offering gestures of negotiation with Israel? It is a mess over there and no denial here. However, it is still a far cry from how the Nazis operated. They would be entering Gaza all the the time, and shooting civilians in droves for the heck of it. That is simply not the case as far as what I have seen on the news and through other sources.

Now, you mention 9-11 and assaults on freedom as the causes for these military conflicts, and I will tell I have no idea why the wars are going on in the first place? Your guess is as good as mine. However, all semantics aside, I am only commenting on the premise of the US/Israel being the new Nazis. As far as I am concerned, I have not seen anything that would justify that label. Now, in the future at sometime, could both countries become something akin to the Nazis, given the political climate, blind nationalistic fervor, and the collusion between the corporate world and government? The cards seem to be in place, unless things change. However, at the present time, I have not seen anything to justify labeling both countries as the new Nazis, regardless of how unpopular they are to some.

[edit on 7-2-2010 by Jakes51]

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join