It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it fine to kill bad people??

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
Yes, and highly encouraged also

We KNOW who the bad people are also...so, here is a checklist, kill any in these groups

rapists
thieves
drug dealers
drug users
alchoholics
republicans
communists
democrats
anyone over 45
men with beards
women with beards
sex offenders
sex addicts
sexually repressed
sexy women that wont date me
satanists
christians
anyone not a christian
politicians
the white man
the brown man
the yellow man
the red man

hmm...think thats a good start...more may come later.

"Drug users" ????

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssssssssssssss.

We finally found a way to get Rush Limpballs off the airwaves!!

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by SonsOfAnarchy
reply to post by LadySkadi

So would you help eliminate evil if you could?? (By killing evil people)

yes, if it could.....

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by hlesterjerome

Exactly
Who determines who/what is bad?
Who does the killing?

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I see a lot of talk about how it is okay to kill human beings if they did the evil deed.

I ask you a question... why not kill evil? Perhaps those people suffer brain damage or tumors and can not help it?

What if YOU developed brain tumor yourself and it caused you to do "evil" deeds?

Wouldn't it be better to find a way to kill evil by finding a cure?

You can not judge people by their deeds because you do not know what is going on in their lives.

Do you kill a boulder after it rolled down the hill and crushed several people to death?

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   
More effective I think to choose a reality where those who harm the most,e.g. members of the NWO/ Military industrial complex actually are now receiving the harm they cause coming back to them

Perhaps this is what happened with the recent Rockefeller murder. Looking at his photo its pretty clear he was related

If we choose to kill 'bad' people we step into a world of judgement and righteousness, and worst of all, make a powerful commitment of an act of violence that we live in a world that requires that we kill others. It then becomes a vicious cycle of violence that repeats itself, as what we put out is what we get back. The saying it comes back 3x with the occult makes sense and by experience i believe its true

Im sure at the end of the day you would prefer to choose a world in which those who badly harm others receive their harm almost immediately as a lesson

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Well said...that brings you to the saying...

"Thou shall not judge"...

people are all to quick to say lets kill the evil people to get rid of the evil thats here, but by killing them you then become evil in other peoples eyes, such as mine! Then what do you do, do that evil people get killed? Well there is only one outcome to that and that is self-extinction because people will always think killers are evil, even if they think they are doing right by it...you cant do a right by doing a wrong!!

Think about it!!!!!

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by jrmcleod
reply to post by IceHappy

you are right in the sense that those who do not act upon and stop those who kill as being responsible themselves, however, those who do not want to kill no matter what situation they are in will not be responsible becasue in the eyes of a greater power, they are performing only good!!

It is obsurd to say that those who do not kill to protect others are wrong...those who kill others to protect others are wrong...it takes understanding of good and evil to recognise this and nobody should be living a life saying this is true and acceptable!

Well said, however, I don’t agree, but please with your attitude answer the next couple of questions!

Who is responsible to the next victim and their family of someone who was caught tried convicted and then let go? You cannot say the criminal, as we already know that this person cannot make the correct decisions in life!

How do you justify in allowing the next person and their families to suffer from the hands of someone who has been let go. How would you feel if your 12-year-old daughter who is still innocent in life to be the next victim and could you, then, hold on to your values?

Many people are Nimby’s! “Not In My Back Yard”. Therefore it is okay to allow this person to live freely when released and life is answerable at some point to a higher authority ergo it must be God’s will that this person does what he/she does, BUT, What if it was your 12 year old daughter? Would you change your point of view and become a Nimby? Your daughter may be dead or helpless for the rest of her life and need a carer! She may outlive you! Who will look after her? Your daughter when grown up after the attack may never want to be touched! She could remain unloved for life long after you are gone to love her! New victims will be created, men who try and make a relationship work with her, who try to love her who become rejected because she cannot bear to be intimate. How would you feel as a parent? Would you not worry about the next possible victim? You could say what if to the first victim but I am asking about the second after the criminal has been caught, tried and eventually released back into the community.

Who is responsible for the care for your daughter especially when you pass on, as most parents do not survive their offspring’s lives? Please don’t say taxpayers as we have enough to contend with bailing out banks….

Would you want this convict living next to you or your children school yard?

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by SonsOfAnarchy

I do not believe so. You have an obvious right to defend yourself and others. People do "bad" things because of their lack of connection to others. People do these things for their own pleasure, power, greed and self interest above all. This lack of connection is encouraged through all the control mechanisms of our society. I do not blame the poor sap at the bottom who is caught in this trap. More responsibility rests at the top. To believe yourself so much different shows that you think the same. It is the world of me against you, us against them, good vs. bad.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by rcwj1975

Originally posted by SonsOfAnarchy

I think this man in the video must be sick in the head and after seeing this video, any man who can do such a thing as that does not even deserve a second chance...Certain things are forgivable and a second chance can be given but if you can slit someones throat like that(by his voice he didn't sound too concerned either) you do not deserve another chance...much like the previous examples I gave of Ted Bundy and Charles Manson.

Sick in the head...no..he had a degree...lol. The thing is, here in the U.S. we think that evil is limited to those we see in movies. The murderer who ends up finding god and turning his life around to do good. The gang banger who kills someone during a drive by, but finds a role model, drops out of the gang and becomes a teacher, etc...those stories and real person stories of those who HAVE turned it around cloud us from seeing TRUE EVIL that is worldwide. As I said...this man was educated, and we heard a father of 3...yet he could cut a mans throat..laugh about it, teach his class and go eat some corn flakes 20 minutes later...there truly are people who do NOT see life as you and I....who care about life as you and I...and don't WANT to live life the way the majority do...thats just reality my friend...and as much as MANY people don't want to accept it...it will ALWAYS be that way...

However, you don't know WHAT that guy had done before to deserve his head being chopped off. What if HE had just killed an entire family after raping the wife and daughters? Did he then DESERVE to get his head cut off? WHy were they beheading him?

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by IceHappy

I understand everything you say and can wholly accept it, i have been in similar situations to how the potential victim could feel, i am a parent and these thoughts also occur in my head but what keeps me strong is my faith. Not all people have faith and its usually those who think everyone who has committed a crime will do it again! There has to be a degree of trust that the right decision will be made by the prospective criminal! We will forever be going round in circles if we take the opinion of WHO will do this and what IF this and COULD this happen etc!

These are hypotethetical statements that hopefully i never have to be part of, however, if i do i know what my choice will be and where my faith will lie!

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Remember the Bible verse, "an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth" - what that means is that if someone blinds you in one eye, you can't go back to them and take two from them. It's called "measured justice."

Justice requires that you match the punishment with the crime. So while I believe it's OK to put a person to death for certain crimes, the penalty of death has to be measured against their crime.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   

An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.

- Mahatma Gandhi

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by bowlbyville

Remember the Bible verse, "an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth" - what that means is that if someone blinds you in one eye, you can't go back to them and take two from them. It's called "measured justice."

Justice requires that you match the punishment with the crime. So while I believe it's OK to put a person to death for certain crimes, the penalty of death has to be measured against their crime.

And who decides what crime deserves punishment? If you take what the bible says i.e. one of the 10 commandments, then whay are people not punished for dishonouring their parents or committing the eternal sin? Is it becasue thats left to gog to decide???? yet its fine for people to decide when other commandments are broken...even though god views them all as being equal???

This is precisely why we are humans and god is god, some people cannot understand his word and his motives adequately, let alone his understanding and this is why religion doesnt dictate our lives and our rules

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptChaos

That questioned was raised over there...we were told the soldier was a POW from a convoy they ambushed. Outside of that what the russian soldier did is unknown to me...

bottom line is it is and will be a never ending cycle....death that is!

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I've met someone who has spent more than enough time in prison for doing a truly terrible thing. I also know that he regrets it more than anything in his life, and as he claims, "It's a weight I will never be able to take off of my shoulders. An extremely heavy and uncomfortable weight." This man now spends every day (6 days a week) working 8 hours a day at minimum wage to support himself. The rest of the time he has he spends at a homeless shelter, making dinners for families and the less fortunate. He also volunteers at the church to build houses and other things of that nature. Sure, it's nothing amazing. But at least he's trying to do whatever he can to try and make up for what he did.

He did a terrible thing, and acknowledges it. He has turned his life around completely, and is really a great man.

If someone were to have killed him off it would have been a giant mistake.

You can't make decisions like "who to kill" in such absolutes. If you do actually believe in the right to kill certain people, you would have to judge it on a person to person basis. There's no way around it.

EDIT: spelling

[edit on 5-2-2010 by ProUSA]

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by unicorn1

I can clearly determine if someone is bad or good...Charles Manson would clearly be bad, care to disagree??

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by ProUSA

Tell this to the victim...to the victims family, friends...see if they care whether he turned his life around, people have to learn to think before they act, not act and then think. If someone where to kill my family or rape my sister, I am no Pope John Paul II I would not forgive them for their actions. Honestly these people aren't needed in society even if they magically "changed." How can you really trust someone to live in society after they killed your family for example?? Simply said...you don't.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Deaf Alien

Didn't realize a boulder was a living thing The question is kind of broad I guess, but not really talking about mentally ill people because that probably deserves a whole other thread.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by SonsOfAnarchy

The point is you do not know what is going on in their lives. You do not know what is wrong with them. For all we know, they could not help it.

To judge people is to know everything about them.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Deaf Alien

Just reading it over a few times and thinking about it you said "They could not help it." If they could not control themselves from killing someone, what role do these people play in society?? I used the example of Charles Manson a couple times in this thread...he pretty much created his own colony of murderers, I might not know everything about this guy but I know enough to deem him a bad person. I believe he was supposed to get the death penalty but it was abolished in California and he got life in prison instead. So tax payers paid to keep this guy alive instead of getting rid of this scum.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join