It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turkish girl, 16, buried alive for talking to boys

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by QuantumDeath

Careful, your showing your soft caring side!

Honestly, that attitude is no better than burying her alive - how about a bit of compassion and understanding, rather than letting your ego rule your life?

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
The sad thing is, nothing will happen to this " family" of monsters.

The things people get away with in the name of religion, ... often times these beleif's meant to create better lives are the very beleif's that destroy them.

and the reach of these family's with money is frightening, I remember a story of a girl who married a man the family did not agree with, .... so they paid to have her kidnaped and ultimately killed. Even though they had tons of evidence linking the family nothing was ever done, ... as other countries don't like to interfere with these barbarians laws.

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by IntastellaBurst

Trouble is it isnt about belief, its only because someone claiming they know what god wants has told them its the way to go.

Sheeple are much the same all over, it beats thinking for yourself

[edit on 4-2-2010 by Icerider]

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

No, it is a religious thing. Just like that redneck father would be a racist thing.

It's just that not all religious people engage in honor killings and not all rednecks are racist.

To genuinely inquire into the correlations is fine- this is a problem that needs to be investigated- not swept under the PC rug. However, it gets dangerous when we jump to the next step on the opposite side of the pendulum by saying ALL are like this.

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Just pure Evil Ignorance -
Honor killings -
Done in the name of another almighty something -
Pure evil.

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
reply to post by Aggie Man

No, it is a religious thing.

Well, I respectfully disagree. It is clearly a violent, angry act that is being justified under the guise of religion. Not all Muslims act in this manner...just a bad apple here and there....that goes for any segment of society.

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by TheComte

I agree!!!!! What happened to parents loving their children? This is thinking that I just can't, and never will, understand. Sometimes I wonder if we as a species don't deserve whatever apocalypse is coming down the pike.

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Stuff like this happens in every country, all the time, at all points in history. This isn't a sanctioned murder by Turkey or the local mosque, so can it, save your war-pathing sensationalism for somewhere else.

Haven't you ever heard of murder? Infanticide, patricide, matricide, etc.? Shame and the family have always clashed throughout the history of every culture. People in the United States commit heinous acts based on shame, usually dealing with sexual promiscuity and deviancy. Such as a boyfriend burying his cheating girlfriend and her lover, alive, deep in the woods.

South America, North America, Europe, the Middle East. It happens, all the time. Suggesting that, "all Muslims are like this" and that it is an "obvious problem", is highly ignorant. You people always play coy, and change your tune into something less suggestive, but then you come right back with your war-mongering.

Europe and America are the biggest importers for child sex slaves. That's interesting, isn't it?

This stuff will not stop until the human race is extinct. There will always be love spats and family rivalries. Shakespeare didn't compose Romeo & Juliet for nothing.

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by SyphonX
Stuff like this happens in every country, all the time, at all points in history. This isn't a sanctioned murder by Turkey or the local mosque, so can it, save your war-pathing sensationalism for somewhere else.

Haven't you ever heard of murder? Infanticide, patricide, matricide, etc.? Shame and the family have always clashed throughout the history of every culture. People in the United States commit heinous acts based on shame, usually dealing with sexual promiscuity and deviancy. Such as a boyfriend burying his cheating girlfriend and her lover, alive, deep in the woods.

South America, North America, Europe, the Middle East. It happens, all the time. Suggesting that, "all Muslims are like this" and that it is an "obvious problem", is highly ignorant. You people always play coy, and change your tune into something less suggestive, but then you come right back with your war-mongering.

Europe and America are the biggest importers for child sex slaves. That's interesting, isn't it?

This stuff will not stop until the human race is extinct. There will always be love spats and family rivalries. Shakespeare didn't compose Romeo & Juliet for nothing.

Lol!

No one said "all Muslims are like this"... However, every time we hear of this, it happens to be Muslim... I wonder why? Honestly, why?

The things that are permitted in the name of honor and religion are really appalling...

Not sure why you need to make a slam against Native Americans with your "war pathing" comment, seems a tad ignorant to me.

Edit: I re-read your post and have no idea why you are talking about child sex slaves in America and Europe... Heck, according to the Muslim religion, that isn't even wrong... Muhammad had a nine year old girl with the blessing of Allah...

[edit on 2/4/2010 by YourPopRock]

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I always find these stories heartbreaking.So i guess murdering their own child brought"honor"to family.Its sad to see that in some places women are treated worse than animals.

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by YourPopRock

At least the ones who make the news are.

Any other religion, and it's just called a murder case and gets put somewhere near the back of the papers.

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mdv2

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
This is VERY disturbing!

You know, let's not turn this thread into an insult to the poor girl's religion, that would be so distasteful.

It is very disturbing indeed and the reason why this should be discussed. This particular case is an example of what is happening on a large scale within Muslim communities. That's why it needs to be discussed, no matter how terrible this particular is.

What's more "disturbing" is how you turn it into a Muslim thing than for what really happened.

You take one act and try to use it collectively on a group in the wrong manner. Being that you dropped the whole collectivism of the Country itself and just pointed out the religious group, that is where you went wrong.

You probably believe the turks still squat for their toilet because its a religious thing. Oh my.

I can find more stories like this across the world and even with a search of "America":

Google it: "America girl killed alive"

You gonna blame all those MILLION FREAK'N search hits on a single religious group?????

"disturbing"

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by YourPopRock
No one said "all Muslims are like this"... -->However, every time we hear of this, it happens to be Muslim... I wonder why? Honestly, why?

The things that are permitted in the name of honor and religion are really appalling...

I'm not going to bother with the other thing you said. The only reason you hear of this is because we are at war with 2 middle eastern countries and are currently seeking expeditions in others. Not a mystery. It's the media trying to convince our society that the people there are too evil to feel sorry for.

Sorry, you just don't rub off as being compassionate for people. So you're not very convincing when you try the "Who me?" approach, it's childish. There is a large group of people on ATS who do nothing but copy and paste anti-Muslim rhetoric in support of demonizing the entire region for the sake of an easier war.

It's obvious to most of us.. frankly I feel like I waste my time, I should be doing something more productive.

[edit on 4-2-2010 by SyphonX]

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
They need a taste of this........
farm1.static.flickr.com...

[edit on 4-2-2010 by CanadianDream420]

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Things like this make my blood boil.

It is barbaric, cruel, heartless, sick. How can humans in this day and age act like barbarians? This is not acceptable!

This poor teenager was doing what is normal and got buried alive for it???

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Night Star
Things like this make my blood boil.

It is barbaric, cruel, heartless, sick. How can humans in this day and age act like barbarians? This is not acceptable!

This poor teenager was doing what is normal and got buried alive for it???

That is my point... what would possibly justify something like this happening?

Heck, here in America we bury THE BOY for trying to date our daughters!!!

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by YourPopRock

First of all, nothing is being justified. So save the drama. What they did was illegal and trying to imply otherwise by stating it's somehow "justifiable and sanctioned" is ludicrous.

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by dzonatas

You don't seem to understand it, do you? These safe houses in Holland are full of girls with an Islamic background (primarily from Moroccan and Turkish descent), so yes it is primarily a Muslim thing. Perhaps you should check up some facts about this and you'll figure that the vast majority of these honor killings appear in Muslim countries. That doesn't mean honor killings don't happen in non-Muslim communities, but as it happens mostly in Muslim communities, it is far from strange to put the focus on this specific group.

And showing me some Google search of various kinds of homicides has no relation to this topic, it's plain ignorant.

According to a government report, 4,000 women and men were killed in Pakistan in the name of honour between 1998 and 2003, the number of women being more than double the number of men [30]. In a study of female deaths in Alexandria, Egypt, 47 percent of the women were killed by a relative after the woman had been raped [31]. In Jordan and Lebanon, 70 to 75 percent of the perpetrators of these so-called “honour killings” are the women’s brothers [32].source

I'll challenge you to refute my statement that this is predominantly a problem occuring in Muslim communities by showing me 4000 specific examples of honor killings that happened in communities without an Islamic background.

You know what is disgusting, people who are pretending that this problem is not especially interrelated to the Islam whereas it is far from difficult to find evidence that most of these killings happen among people with an Islamic background.

No pun intended towards Muslims, but this can simply not be denied.

[edit on 4-2-2010 by Mdv2]

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mdv2
You don't seem to understand it, do you?

What you don't understand is your attempt to take a domestic violence event and turn it into a "honor killing" in your attempt narrow it to the religion.

Domestic violence is domestic violence. It happens everywhere.

I deny your ignorance in your so-called "honor killing."

A girl died because of domestic violence. The real issue.

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by dzonatas

The Turkish police seems to think differently:

Turkish police have recovered the body of a 16-year-old girl they say was buried alive by relatives in an "honour" killing carried out as punishment for talking to boys.

So does the Turkish press:

ANKARA - A 16-year-old girl was buried alive by relatives in southeast Turkey in a gruesome honour killing just because she reportedly befriended boys, the Anatolia news agency reported Thursday.

source

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join