It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you have not seen the movie "COLLAPSE", then I strongly encourage you to do so

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 05:33 AM
link   
first here is the complete movie, scroll down to "full movie"
watchmoviesonline25.com...

It does not matter if he is wrong in some of his claims, it is totaly unimportant if hemp could or could not replace oil.
This is too much, we go round and around our own tail..like we dont trust the one that sais dont trust in the one you trust and so on..at the end you find nothing but paranoia!
I dont need proof of his credentials, i just hear what he sais and compare to MY own o0pinion and do my own research..and come to a conclucion.

This man is a hero and i would follow him anywhere the day its time to.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Well #, if it were not 3:21 am in the beautiful, calm California evening, I would immediately watch this film.

My only real knowledge of Mike Ruppert began with another mind-#ing documentary, American Drug War: The Last White Hope. I'm sure many of you at ATS have seen/are familiar with this documentary. Its truly hard for me to believe that he is not, in at least some aspects, genuine. I feel somewhat personally affected by this story as a native Californian, how can I not in the face of some very credible whistleblowers and the extreme resonance of the "crack epidemic" practically strategical devastation.

I know this documentary will at the very least be a glimpse in to the mind of a very intelligent, interesting man.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 05:46 AM
link   
While I find him to be a really interesting character, maybe I am just too old to believe him. He's been around since the 90's now and he has pretty much deteriorated through all these years in my opinion.

Anyone who has been following mike Ruppert as long as me must have lost some trust in him; with the years he has grown fonder and fonder of making bold claims about the future that never come true. So while some of his facts hold up and are enlightening, his predictions aren't worth all that much.

Nevertheless an interesting topic and while I might object to some of what Ruppert says, I guess I more or less agree with his overall stance on things. I just don't trust his "Martial Law" or "Collapse" predictions - he has made those almost every year in the 00's and they never came true.

Anyone who has been followig FTW/Ruppert in 2008 will know what I am taking about.
I won't link to sites that list his myriad claims that didn't come true b/c, as I said, I find the message important, even though I have lost all my respect for the messenger.

My 2 cents.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Just watched the movie. So :

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/902bb45ef2dcf837.jpg[/atsimg]
"Cooollaaaapse ! No oil ! Nooil ! Noil ! NEVAR ! EVAR !! Derivatives !! Pyramidish Economy !!! Unsunstable !!!! Cooollaaapse !!!!! "

Err... Nice try, Mickey, but...

***Oil Abiotic Is***

* Stalin and Abiotic Oil - Or How Ruppert's 'Peak Oil' Pile is Gaining Tonnage; by Dave McGowan (Educate Yourself; March 5, 2005)

* Russia Proves 'Peak Oil' is a Misleading Scam - In 1970 the Russians started drilling Kola SG-3, an exploration well which finally reached a staggering world record depth of 40,230 feet. Since then, Russian oil majors including Yukos have quietly drilled more than 310 successful super-deep oil wells, and put them into production. Last Year Russia overtook Saudi Arabia as the world's biggest single oil producer, and is now set to completely dominate global oil production and sales for the next century.

* Confessions of an “ex” Peak Oil Believer - F William Engdahl says Peak Oil is not our problem. Politics is. Big Oil wants to sustain high oil prices. Reviews the discovery of abiotic oil. (OilGeopolitics.net; September 14, 2007)

Russians happened to know this for long : drill deep enough, you'll find oil just EVERYWHERE.

But there's more :

* Titan's Organic Hydrocarbons Dwarf Earth's Oil Reserves - Data from the Cassini probe orbiting Saturn has shown that the ringed planet's moon has "hundreds of times more liquid hydrocarbons than all the known oil and natural gas reserves on Earth." (Wired; Feb. 13, 2008)
* 'Fossil fuel' theory takes hit with NASA finding - NASA scientists are about to publish conclusive studies showing abundant methane of a non-biologic nature is found on Saturn's giant moon Titan, a finding that validates a new book's contention that oil is not a fossil fuel. (World Net Daily; Dec. 1, 2005)
* OTHER STORIES by WND
o Huge natural gas field 'discovered' in Texas
o Abandoned oil wells uncapped
o 'Black Gold' strikes Big Oil 'nerve'
o 'Hundreds of years' of oil available
o Forget everything you know about oil

(see link for linkies)

So let's say...

*CASE CLOSED*

- well, at least about the facts. Now about why such a movie move and all the celebrations surrounding it, cointelpro or whatever, the first who knows might speak his truth...

[edit on 5/2/2010 by Netzar]

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by NichirasuKenshin

While I find him to be a really interesting character, maybe I am just too old to believe him. He's been around since the 90's now and he has pretty much deteriorated through all these years in my opinion.

Anyone who has been following mike Ruppert as long as me must have lost some trust in him; with the years he has grown fonder and fonder of making bold claims about the future that never come true. So while some of his facts hold up and are enlightening, his predictions aren't worth all that much.

Nevertheless an interesting topic and while I might object to some of what Ruppert says, I guess I more or less agree with his overall stance on things. I just don't trust his "Martial Law" or "Collapse" predictions - he has made those almost every year in the 00's and they never came true.

Anyone who has been followig FTW/Ruppert in 2008 will know what I am taking about.
I won't link to sites that list his myriad claims that didn't come true b/c, as I said, I find the message important, even though I have lost all my respect for the messenger.

My 2 cents.

Hi, it would be nice if you could tell us others what predictions he failed in? He sais he has been all right so far. Give us some facts, you are dicrediting him so at least give us some facts.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 06:52 AM
link   
For those who dont believe what Ruppert is saying to you I would say you need to listen a little more closely to Obamas speeches.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Some ideas in response to this post

1) Learn Bush Tucker and foods in your area and survival skills

2) Prepare a basic survival kit at minimum, including a water filter, good books on survival and good knife

3) Learn about the power to shape our reality through our belief systems, and choose the reality you prefer instead of the negative consensus choice

regards

Atione

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by gusan

There you go, knock yourself out. Allthough I gave you the reason why I didn't post this before. So please don't attack me for posting this here; someone asked me to. This is why I think that his predictions don't have any merit to them. (While some of his sources/data may be accurate though)

www.fromthewilderness.com...

mikeruppert.blogspot.com...

towardfreedom.com...

Additionally one of the 2 main sources for "Crossing the Rubicon" (Delmart Vreeland) has been thoroughly debunked as many ATS'ers might now.

Also, there are several accusation against Ruppert from former Coworkers.

These are the kind of things that brought me to the opinion I posted above. Most of this could have been found by simply reading his blog.

Remember that in science we always record the hits AND THE MISSES, this is the only way to accuratly assess the worth of any given theory/assumption about how the world works.

[edit on 5-2-2010 by NichirasuKenshin]

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Netzar
So let's say...

*CASE CLOSED*

- well, at least about the facts. Now about why such a movie move and all the celebrations surrounding it, cointelpro or whatever, the first who knows might speak his truth...

The wholesale promotion of 'Peak Oil' seems to have taken off immediately after the September 11, 2001 'terrorist' attacks, and it is now really starting to pick up some steam.

The BBC covered the big story last April (www.fromthewilderness.com...).

CNN covered it in October (www.fromthewilderness.com...).

The Guardian covered it in December (www.fromthewilderness.com...).

Now the Los Angeles Times has joined the chorus

First clue?

[edit on 5/2/2010 by Netzar]

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   
can download a torrent of it here

isohunt.com...

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Besides Peak oil there are several other looming crises on the planet that stand to change life radically depending on where you live -

Fresh water- Yes, we are running out of fresh water. Not because the glaciers are receding but because we are fouling the freshwater sources we have and emptying our underground aquifers. Another way that irrigation kills soils is through salinization, where salts in the waters build up in the soil making it overly alkaline.

Soil loss - Some estimates are that we will have used up the available topsoil on the planet within 50 years. The vast majority of crop production is done in non-sustainable ways through overuse of mechanical tilling and the application of fertilizers, pesticides and herbicides. All these giant monoculture farms are not sustainable without lots of cheap oil.

Fisheries collapse - This is happening right now. Nearly a third of all food eaten by humans comes from the sea. Most of the ocean is simply "fished out" where large fish capable of reproduction (some tuna take 30 years to sexually mature) are being harvested faster than they reproduce. So where are we going to get all the extra food when there are no fish left to harvest?

There are plenty more reasons that mankind and today's society are not sustainable at the growth levels we have enjoyed but those are the main ones to worry about.
War, pandemics, fiat currency collapse are but a few of the other mitigating factors that control our future. Perhaps we are ALL the 100th monkey.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by seattletruth
reply to post by nepafogo

He never claimed to be CIA. He was a police officer. He claimed to have been contacted by the CIA to help them drug run. He refused.

Listening comprehension, people...

I did not say he was ex-cia. I was replying to another member post and was asking what difference if he was or was not..

Reading comprehension, people....

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   
i liked the movie - did not agree with the whole oil peak theory but it makes sense if people in power belive in it (same goes to global warming). 9/11 , iraq now afganistan.

rest was all exacly how i see it.

it even enforces my belief that they will try to kill alot of us :/

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by reassor

This was my husband's and my take on it also. We did feel we would be the people building a life boat with the Titanic analogy, and his one graph he always used, the one that showed a sustained world population below a billion up until around 1900 when it exploded in a straight up pattern, was pretty telling. I do believe the old say9ing, what goes up, must come down. ONe way or another.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Very insightful movie, a lot of truths ring in it.
Addressing the peak oil theory, regardless of whatever process actually creates the oil, the drawing and demand, the extraction, will, or has reached a peak and that has to be addressed. You can not accelerate a deep earth natural process. I think some humility minus the arrogance of mankind may help in making the turn. Do I think it will transfer well?, no , not using past experience as a marker, with that, all I can say is I know how to make life boats.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by watcher73

The challenge with these kinds of predictions is that there are so many variables that the facts on the ground can always be proven or some hidden force used to explain why it did not happen.

Of course the trends are true, but for example predictions about the reduction in population, were it not to occur, my guess is that he would point to some government intervention that was put into place for nefarious reasons that was artificially supporting a higher population.

He would not refer to advances in technology, biomedicine or anything other than some dark plot which really did not disprove his prediction, but rather the fact that it did not happen further proves his prediction.

I think he was accurate in his prediction, but that just about anyone could make those predictions.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by nepafogo

im not knocking the Documentry all im asking is where is the proof that he is *ex cia* i think its a fair question i just would like to see some proof from these people that claim to be this and that et al Arthur neumann aka henry deacon and David Wilcock.

It seems to me that at least some of these people decide the sort of character they want to be presented as to the gullible masses i.e an ex cia operative or scientist,, im not attacking anyone and lets be honest do you know this man personally it just seems the long con at least it'll be good for until 2012.

like i said im not attacking anyone just asking relevant questions which i believe im entitled to do here.

thanks for the reply - its appreciated.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Doomsday 2029

Thanks for suggesting this video, I downloaded it today and watched it already. Its a good video, not the best ive seen though, but good nonetheless.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
sweet thanks for the tip off..

obviously missed this one..

theres been a torrent on demonoid for a month...

still dig .. truth & lies of 911

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Do the MAth....

Plus 4 ....

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join