It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Grumpy people are more advanced on the evolutionary scale!

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

So, end. When did this thread take a left turn to music? I was just gone for a couple of hours!

P.S. If you like eclectic stuff, take a listen to my previous post.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I don't know when this derailed into music. I suspect it was sometime around when I mentioned the Velvet Underground.

Isn't this supposed to be a late show or something?

Who designs these emoticons?

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Howdy End and JPZ! I figured I should chime in here. I had to tear myself away from playing some Mass Effect 2 and catching up on some Smut Cave episodes. If you have never watched Smut Cave, I will supply a synopsis. It is the on-going adventures of a special individual known only as , The Spelunker. He "spelunks" the deepest and darkest parts of the writhing animal known only as the Intertubes, "Thank You Al Gore." That being said I would like to address the topic of cars that enjoy too much bass ( pronounced "base", not bass as in fish). The rythmic beat that jiggles innards to the point of bladder irratation, I feel ( literally), is an invasion of privacy. To have your innards jiggled without your consent is not only akin to using a mirror to look up a skirt, it is also a violation of my personal space and grumpiness. Generally speaking this only increases the grumpiness as it not only destructively vibrates the bladder but also my poor fragile, hole-ridden brain. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH! I have invented a man portable EMP device to disable vehicles that specifically hit a certain bass beat. I just need someone to provide the extra data to program the system. ( Based on a highly upgraded "Speak-N-Spell") If your data is used I am prepared to offer a lifetime subscription to both Fly Fishing Quarterly and Ebony magazines as well as a hand made pewter statue of George W. Bush in drag. Please send all entries, inquiries and donations to my P.O. Box or we can arrange a "dead drop". Thank you for your time and consideration.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Someone336
Any dub music fans haunting these parts?

by "dub" do you mean such as Robert Nesta Marley?
or are you referring to "sampling" after the tradition of Run DMC's use of "Walk This Way?"

i find the latter usually entertaining and rarely offensive (in fact, i'd like to do my own dub of Johnny & June's "Ring of Fire")

but i am definitely a fan of the former
specifically Bob Marley, who i feel is surely one of GOD's angels...

okay, so that was my "in" into this conversationl....

so let me get this straight: do you guys mean that my strange and sudden increase in using the epithet g#dd$mn is actually a sign of some strange evolutionary jump in my already astronomical IQ?

I KNEW IT!!!!

i'm a bitch!
on a good day.

on a bad day, i'm Madam Satan, herself

ignorance IS bliss
(but it makes for a harder life - albeit less painful)

with wisdom comes MUCH sorrow

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
You bitches wished you been nicer to me yesterday, before I blew all up and got a post on the front page!

Aiiiight!

---

Seriously though --- Music...

The best record I've heard in ages (it's a grower though so don't be all dismissive and #) is by Jackson Jackson.

The album is called The Fire Is On The Bird.

Here's a sample:

another

[edit on 8-2-2010 by seethelight]

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by queenannie38

It's the bridge that links them! You know, King Tubby, Scratch Lee Perry, August Pablo (hell, maybe even the Clash post-London Calling). Remixed reggae with the bottomed out bass, guitars down, drums up, and echoes, echoes, echoes!

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Alright, now that we have had a nice musical interlude to the Show.

Let us get back to the HEART of the matter. Grumpy people are more evolved and are inherently more! That is it, more!

JP is currently offline I think so the end will be taking over the job of Host.

Anyone still online is welcome to join in on the convo.

I will be going back to previous episodes and see what everyone has talked about. Including the music. For music soothes the savage beast.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by WTFover
reply to post by seethelight

If you like Radiohead, take a listen to this version of Creep, performed by a homeless guy named Mustard on the Opie and Anthony radio show.

Warning: Adult Language

There are others by him on the Opie Radio youtube channel.

I love that song! My one nephew loves to do that at karaoke!

You are so special!

Thanks everyone for the music. I am going to post a thread that I created earlier for music that I created to get my fellow ATSers music so that I can find some more music. For like I said, music soothes the savage beast. Please only post music that rips your heart to the supplied link.

Driver's Seat-Music that get's your heart pumping!

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by endisnighe
Grumpy people are more evolved and are inherently more! That is it, more!

yes!
that's it!
more, more, more
(too damn much, if you ask me)

[short burst into song]:
you don't know what it's like...
to be meeee...
:shk:

For music soothes the savage beast.

in DEED.
and the civilized one, as well.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by seethelight

Cats, Rats, and Pigeons!!!

i dig it!

thanks for that - i'm always looking for new music, too

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Hey, end! Did you catch the half-time show, yesterday?

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   

It's the bridge that links them! You know, King Tubby, Scratch Lee Perry, August Pablo (hell, maybe even the Clash post-London Calling). Remixed reggae with the bottomed out bass, guitars down, drums up, and echoes, echoes, echoes!

right!!
i see it, now, suddenly~

brilliant.
i love the Clash

do you like Sublime?

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by WTFover

I actually took a nap while the game was playing. I have to admit that I use to be a HUGE football fan. I never watched anything BUT football. As of this year though, I have given up on my favorite sport.

I did watch it up to the 2nd quarter but after that I took a nap, so I did miss the halftime show.

Sorry peeps, I was proseletizing on a couple of threads. Oh, that Captain and Coke gets me going.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   

brilliant.
i love the Clash

Me too. I owned the debut and London Calling for years and years. I always enjoyed them, but one day it just clicked and they became one of my favorite bands.

do you like Sublime?

Yeah, Sublime is awesome. Did you hear that they are back together after all these years? It's weird, Sublime and Rage Against the Machine back together while the seemingly immortal Red Hot Chili Peppers are hitting a rough patch. Man, the 00s were pretty lackluster musically compared to the 90s.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38

right!!
i see it, now, suddenly~

brilliant.
i love the Clash

do you like Sublime?

It is actually amazing to see others enjoying the soul music (what I call it).

Myself, I like the tear your heart type music. The stuff that makes you aware that you are alive. The music that makes you aware (classical, heavy metal, soulful, etc). Just one example, from my thread on music-

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Well, I only turned away from The Outdoor Channel long enough to watch The Who. It may have just been me, but, I thought there was an extraordinary amount of cheering and applause when they performed "Won't Get Fooled Again". You know the line "Meet the new boss, same as the old boss"!

I'll have to look for a video and listen again.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by WTFover

I have that song on a couple of threads including this one.

Sweet. One moment and I will link it.

As for the same as the old boss, My current sig!

[edit on 2/8/2010 by endisnighe]

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Alright, Joan Osborne, another blast from the 90s! Louisville has a tendency to put our hometown celebrities in giant Soviet-style propaganda posters on buildings alongside highways. I've been waging a letter campaign with our delightful mayor to put up posters of Joan Osborne and Hunter S. Thompson, but the government never writes back
on such trivial matters. Come to think about it, they didn't write back when I wrote to them about the need to ban cluster munitions.

Here's a little something interesting, if you have the patience for it. I think it's pretty soul stirring:

This genre is called post rock, and it's my city's only other claim to fame.

[edit on 8-2-2010 by Someone336]

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Someone336

The last days. Damn, that song reaches to what I have said all along, the endisnighe. Sometimes I wish I never used my avatar's name. It was the culmination of what I see for our future.

I have always felt we were on the cusp, I wish sometimes that I would have used the other idea I had for my handle, esoterica. I hope it was not prophetic.

Someone, your music genre is the stuff of the movies I watch. It seems to be as prophetic as my handle. Coincidence?

I have always been and will always be; your freind! Who said that, I find it soothing in its sublime nature!

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Unfortunately the youtube video cuts the piece short. Post-Rock albums tend to be structured more akin to classical, with movements as opposed to songs. It's no wonder that this band has gotten more and more popular as the 00s went on, the gloomy melancholy of the music strikes a definitive chord with the general feeling that blankets the populace like a thick, smothering cloud of smog.

Though I attempt to remain optimistic, I can't shake the feeling that we are on the cusp of "The End" (maybe some Doors music, anybody?). I remember the Utopian dreaming and jubilation that was happening at the end of the 90s in the advent of the New Millennium. How wonderful it will be, how grand!

All these dreams collapsed with the towers.

I have always been and will always be; your freind! Who said that, I find it soothing in its sublime nature!

Wrath of Khan?

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join