It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello from Kyo

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Hello ATS!

I’m one of those (and one of the many) who has been lurking here for weeks. I was afraid to start posting at first due to feeling noobish when reading a lot of the posts and if I didn’t want to portray something it was being a knows-quite-nothing. However, I’m not an expert on most matters nor did I study any of my interests officially; I’m a simple IT student and never studied history or the occult in such ways the certificates are decorating my wall. I came to the conclusion that would also never be the case; no matter how long I decided to lurk here thus I took a dive into the deep… and signed up.

I came across ATS while doing internet research on World War II. I’ve been interested in the wars waged on this planet ever since I was little, as my grandmother lived in the old city of Maastricht (Holland) which was occupied by the Nazi’s. She used to take me on long walks through the city and while telling her stories she showed me where exactly what happened and other details regarding her life there. The renewed spark of interest happened after watching the movie Letters from Iwo Jima by Clint Eastwood. Like most movie freaks I rushed to the internet to see detailed information about the cast (of course you are sure you saw that actor before in a movie, you just forgot which one) and as with most topics regarding WW II the forums were a mess of the people versus the people about the atomic bomb on Hiroshima. Putting all defensive ideas (thus personal opinions) from people aside they saw as fact I started my own study trip with the question on ‘how the bomb was ever justified’ which dragged me all the way from Hiroshima back to Manchuria, the Sino-Japanese wars and pre-war Japan and China. After reading tons of information about these wars I moved across the globe ending in Nazi Germany. At that point you know it won’t take long before someone will say to you; do you know Hitler might have escaped that bunker!? Did you know about Heinrich Himmler and the Thule Society!? Thus I ended up here on ATS where my interests were widely discussed, and also gained a lot of interest in subjects I’ve never heard about or knew almost nothing about.

Outside of all this I enjoy playing videogames, reading horror stories (Lovecraft and Barker), watching movies (war movies and horror movies), and studying the occult. The basic information I’d normally cover on the internet would be something like… I’m Panny, 23 years old woman and living in Maastricht

Sorry for the long rant! I’m not that good at keeping things short

[edit on 30-1-2010 by Kyouki]

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Kyouki

Welcome Miss

Lots of threads on Wars here , If you need to, you can start a thread on

the subject of your choice , after 20 post.

Little advice , break long post into paragraphs, maybe space more

See you on the boards

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
welcome to ATS, dont feed the animals.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Welcome To ATS!

Important Info For You Click Here

Oh and watch out for this-

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4d44270e0b37.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Kyouki

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ff0b4d40f152.gif[/atsimg]
Welcome aboard...

For your Safety Please keep all arms, limbs and vital organs in the tram while we are moving. We are not responsible for any lost or stolen personal items. Taking pictures of the indigenous wild life is permitted within the designated areas ONLY!

Upon request ATS will provide the necessary debriefing and deprogramming protocols after each session. It is highly recommended to participate in all applicable threads of your interests.

PEACE

Slay

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I noticed that no one told him to see this www.youtube.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">this. www.youtube.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">this is probably the most important thing to know about ATS. So please see www.youtube.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">this.

Welcome to ATS! Have a great day.

[edit on 30-1-2010 by Lophe]

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Thanks for the welcome

There is so much of my interest here I don't even know where to start! Of course I shall look after my limbs and personal items closely... Sadly I lost my sanity long before knowing this website existed so that's one worry less to think about

Disinformation and me never got along well thankfully, I never just accept things as fact, be that a 'fact' or some 'theorie' written down somewhere and as I'm a stubborn suspicious person I'm not easy to manipulate or 'get to' either.

Youtube linkies ain't working tho! And that avatar from Roland just gave me a good inspiration for how to spend the rest of this sleepness night

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Kyouki

I don't know why its not working. Try this www.youtube.com...

top topics

join