It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Tower" anomaly in Pythagoras Moon Crater by Kaguya/JAXA

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

You did not answer the double meteor dilemma.

There are two very close by objects of geometric mystery.

If a meteor caused one, the impact would have destroyed the other one would it have not?

Refer to my comments/questions a few posts upwards please.

I am just asking a simple question here.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I want to believe these things really are signs of other intelligence or ancient civilization... but just to play devil's advocate for a second - devil's advocate to my own imagination, I went to Google Maps, and pulled up a satellite view of Monument Valley....

Having a bird's eye view of Monument Valley, I see some natural formations that look from a distance like potential monoliths, and even a pointed mountain that looks like an eroded pyramid...

So.... I don't know... just food for thought. Seems like all the evidence is a stretch, but I admit the monolith on Phobos is very intriguing and it would be nice if Nasa would land one of those Rovers in the heart of Cydonia or right next to the monolith on Phobos, instead of mainstream laughing it off and calling anyone who is interested in exploring these sites crazy...

Take a look at Monument Valley or maybe even Devil's Tower... and ask yourself... what might you think of that if it was a photo of the moon or Mars?

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by spiritualzombie

Good point, I looked up Monument Valley and also found a link for "Valley of the Gods".

However these formations, from a birds eye view, show the shadowing to be uneven and very few straight lines are apparent. These formations are quite jagged. They are also plateaus.

The "pyramid" mountain on the moon in question, has a perfectly triangular capstone. And the slopes are exactly angled (and mirrored).

We are comparing apples to chicken eggs here. Both are sorta round and derive from organisms but there is not really much comparison after that...

[edit on 29-1-2010 by muzzleflash]

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I dont see anything wrong with the shadows, it looks like two giant sticks tied togather at the top, but a few feet? meters? miles? down.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   
it looks like it could just be a v shaped hill though

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by sv_gravity 800
it looks like it could just be a v shaped hill though

That is funny.

This looks just like a V shaped hill too. However....

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

You did not answer the double meteor dilemma.

There are two very close by objects of geometric mystery.

If a meteor caused one, the impact would have destroyed the other one would it have not?

Refer to my comments/questions a few posts upwards please.

I am just asking a simple question here.

Why two meteor impacts? Perhaps the "pyramidal-shape" mountain was an uplift mountain created by one impact, then a piece of ejecta from the same impact fell back to the surface and landed on top of the newly formed mountain, creating the "tower"-like structure. Or possibly you're right and there were two impacts -- and the "tower"was a piece ejecta from another impact miles away.

Even the "tower" may not be that incredibly tall. The shadows are very long because of the low sun angle. Granted, it is something relatively tall and thin, but as was pointed out, it cant be too thin or Kaguya would not have been able to resolve it.

[edit on 1/29/2010 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by hoghead cheese

The LRO orbiter has a resolution of 1 metre per pixel as your softpedia link states.

Selene/Kaguya is 10 metres per pixel.

www.selene.jaxa.jp...

TC (Terrain Camera) Spatial resolution 10m

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Ok, ty for continuing to help try to figure this weird mystery out.

Is there any evidence of a meteor crater causing this type of phenomena ANYWHERE else ???

I will go digging to see if I can find anything that remotely resembles this.

If I find something similar to this I will post it in this thread. If you guys find anything please share, thanks.

However I simply cannot fathom these 2 anomalies being created from One singular meteor impact. *Seems like it would have to be two separate incidents yet wouldn't one destroy the other?*

My reasoning is this, that the Uplift is created at the central point of impact.

Our little "tower" is on top of a hill. And the "pyramid" is the very hill sitting right next to that. And there is no circular impact zone that matches these two "uplifts".

Where is the crater wall that corresponds to these uplifts?

It just does not seem to correlate very well due to these inconsistencies with previously studied meteor crater impact zones.

I am open to being wrong I have no problem with that I am trying to figure this out and learn the truth. I don't care what the truth is I want to know it.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lunar_Secrets
Where is the original picture?
It must be on NASA's gallery.

JAXA = Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency

en.wikipedia.org...

Just a tidbit about the origins of the photos.

"Kaguya / SELENE (/ˈsɛlini/ Selenological and Engineering Explorer), better known in Japan by its nickname Kaguya (/ˈkɔːguːjɔː/, かぐや?), was the second Japanese lunar orbiter spacecraft."

en.wikipedia.org...

Google is our friend.

Also here is their official .JP website.
www.selene.jaxa.jp...

[edit on 29-1-2010 by muzzleflash]

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   
but seriusly... why would anyone want a tower on moon? alright.. what purpose would it make

[edit on 29-1-2010 by 2Unknown]

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

I am guessing the only decent debunking will revolve around
1) Claims of photoshop fakery. (The photo looks legit though)
2) Photo artifact (Doesn't look like an artifact to me)

U forgot the preferred by NASA: "Tricks of light and shadows aka optical illusion."

Anyway I don't trust japanese info. I guess the JAXA is completely under the control of NASA. Moon is full of ancient artifacts and buildings. But Kaguya doesn't show sh*t.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Imagir
I watched Kaguya taking HD footage of the moon and into this one, "The
KAGUYA taking around central peak of Pythagoras by HDTV [HD]" at 0.40 minute I saw this "Anomaly". It seems a Tower or an huge Antenna that cast a long shadow.

Vert Interesting Find!

A few years ago a gentlemen from Stockton California got permission to photograph images on the moon from a reference book, 1st edition of ‘The New Photographic Atlas of the Moon’. In some of his pictures the images looked like communities with some atmospheric – like clouding, storage tanks and transport crafts. Two very large gear-like image was very clear, and located in 2 regions on the Copernicus crater. The gear looked very similar to tunnel drilling equipment. Most of the images were near the Copernicus crater's ridges.
A year or so later we went back to shoot more photos but the book had been removed, a second edition had replaced it. All of the previous photographs were the same picture image, but they had been altered in this edition. Where smaller craters had tracks across the ridges like vehicle tracks, were now darkened. The gear wheel images were gone and many of the crater floors which once looked riddled with uneven terrain were now smooth as a stadium field.

If you can find that first edition take an eye scope to the craters edges. It is very interesting.

Cheers Willi

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 02:11 AM
link   
The problem with this pyramid anomaly is that in that video you can clearly see many geometric shapes. Honestly, I don't think it's anything. As for that tower, could it be something similar to those rocks on Mars and Phobos? A large enough rock with the sun at the right angle could create those long shadows, not to mention these "tower" rocks are usually on a hill making the shadow even longer.

Maybe its nothing or maybe I'm a tool and there really are thousands of alien towers all over other planets and moons.

Just my 2 cents

Edit: Oh and to show what I'm talking about, here are 2 rocks (little white dots on bottom of pic) on Phobos that are up on a hill and one of the shadows stretches over the crater. There are hundreds of these on the lower part of the full image of the moon: "Towers"

[edit on 1/30/10 by MoothyKnight]

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by WilliMote

Forgot to metion another book called, Somebody Else Is On The Moon by George Leonard. Those gear photos can be found in this book as well.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Thats just the "Soul Tower" Sleeper talked about a few years back.
You an always look up his threads alot to read.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 04:17 AM
link   
has any space agency ever scanned the moon with ground penetrating radio,there are some very geometric shapes in the video, it would be good to see the solid rock underneath without all the dust.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

You've got it the wrong way around regarding the picture resolution mate.

The lower the resolution, the less distinct the image, the less distinct the image, the LARGER it appears in the image.

This is caused by the pixels 'guestimating' the unresolved portions of the image, and padding them out.

Look at any out of focus image...then bring it into focus.

The image becomes obviously sharper, and narrower and has a tighter form. The blurring creates the impression of a larger size.

So, in fact, it's even more of a marvel than it first appears, having survived intact.

Everyone who has ever looked at an image from the moon, knows about shadow length and it's relation to the angle of the sun and the local topography, but here in this instance it's is all but irrelevant as we can SEE the long, thin 'tower' like object quite clearly protruding from the ground.

We can see it has length..obviously not as long as the shadow would suggest, but allowing for the low sun angle and uneven terrain, it still has quite a length to it, and appears to be a fairly uniform thickness all along it's length.

And yes, it's close proximity to the 'pyramid' like object is interesting and does indeed invoke a recognisable similarity to a pyramid/obelisk combination, as seen on Earth.

[edit on 30/1/2010 by spikey]

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Obviously many experts commenting on this.
As someone very interested but new to such pictures could someone answer a very simple question.
What is the white substance on and around the pyramid.
It cannot be snow, please excuse my ignorance, but what is it?
Some trick of light.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by 2Unknown

That depends on a LOT of variables really doesn't it?

First we have to know who built the towers.

Then, we have to understand the social, political and cultural aspects of whoever built them.

We would still have to do this even if it were ancient humans who built them in antiquity, as apart from physical parameters, we would likely have little else in common with them, as we have no idea of their social systems.

Having done our research we could make an educated guess to their purpose, unless close inspection makes their purpose obvious (like elevated cities, or power generation towers, or chimney, or comms or whatever they may be for).

It's the same with other structures.

We may not recognise an artificial structure from a natural one, given that we have no idea of the preferred architecture of the builders.

We tend to like symmetry to be incorporated in our building and structures. One half of a building tends to look the same as the other half etc.

Who knows if this is the case with another species, or even ancient humanity?

One species may find equally proportioned buildings ugly and tasteless, where another (like us) finds symmetry pleasing to the eye.

In other words, when looking at images of the moon or Mars or even Earth, don't overlook certain features, and discount them as artificial simply because they have irregularity or are not symmetrical (four straight walls and a roof)

IOW, these towers, IF artificial, may have had a completely different design purpose, from the reasons we would construct a tower for, here on Earth.

Bottom line is, we can guess and speculate until the cows come home, but unless various space agencies suddenly develop a severe case of honesty and tell us what is really up there, or we can visit by ourselves and take a look, we are never going to know for sure if they are even artificial never mind what their purpose might be.

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join