It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Tower" anomaly in Pythagoras Moon Crater by Kaguya/JAXA

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

I agree on that one, its a huge pyramid buried but the enormous height of the pyramid makes it too large to be completely buried. So it must be the top casting that perfect angle shadow.

Added: Obelisk and Pyramid ?
Where have we seen that before ...

Great find, S&F

[edit on 29-1-2010 by rhines]

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by harrytuttle

Originally posted by Anamnesis
Totally agree with the fact that angulars are formed by other means but there's no known plate tectonic activity on the Moon that would create a fault thrust....

If you listen to the narration of the video as it passes over that area of the "pyramid/obelisk", you'll hear the guy state that this is the center of the impact crater. Impact craters undergo shock metamorphic effects which sometimes result in shatter cones and central peak uplift, as we see in this video.

So that provides more than enough cause for the cone/pyramid shaped profile shadow we see.

However, I do agree that the tower-like structure is anomalous.

Yes. I agree that the angular mountain can easily be explained without plate tectonics -- it's caused by the central uplift of the crater immediately after the imapact that created the crater.

The central peak uplift can be demonstarted by a water drop. In this video, watch how the center of it is uplifted after the drop impacts the surface. Similar processes can occur during an asteroid impact. There are many angular uplift peaks on the moon that were probably created in this manner:

Edited to fix link.

[edit on 1/29/2010 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I found a close up of the pyramid.

www.flickr.com...

Just kidding

Its a 5200m mountain in Pakistan.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by harrytuttle

It could simply just be a rock on top of the ridge, and because the sun is so low it's casting a long shadow.

I also don't think it's very thin, the resolution of the camera on board of Selene/Kaguya is 10m per pixel, so the object we're seeing could be over 30 metres wide and slightly taller.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
The moon is geologically inactive guys.

Saying the pyramid mountain is caused by plate tectonics is total bunk.

You are just pulling crap outta nowhere lmfao!

NASA states unequivocally that there is no geological activity there.

There are no plate activity known to us.

Try again , plate tectonics on the moon is fail.

Nice try though, however I actually know how to read and Think.

The reason the Earth has so few meteorite craters is largely because of Plate Tectonic movement. Erosion from wind and rain plays a lesser role in fact.

The moon is literally littered with tons of pristine craters because it is not under the influence of ANY of these forces.

PROVE THE MOON AS PLATE TECTONICS in the last Billion Years! LOL

Clearly the pyramid is a anomaly

You only have 1 shot left, and that is to somehow describe the Pyramid as a result of meteor impacts. It's the only choice.

And it's quite a stretch. Options are running out...

"Extraterrestrial plate tectonics?

The Earth may be unique in our solar system because it appears to be the only planet that is still volcanically and tectonically active; our planet therefore remains very much alive, while the others apparently have long ceased activity. Volcanic activity requires a source of internal heat, and it is the escape of this heat that fuels plate tectonics. While volcanism played a major role in the early history of Mars, the Moon, and probably Mercury, their small sizes relative to Earth resulted in the loss of internal heat at a much faster rate. They have been inactive globes for the last billion years or so."

pubs.usgs.gov...

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Deny Arrogance

I know, I love how so many people think that triangles don't occur naturally or that a mountain can't possibly have a triangular shadow.

Nature is pretty amazing when you look at it. Look at some of the natural formations on Earth alone (Giant's Causeway is always my favorite) and then imagine the volatile history of the moon. Starting with being born from the Earth before the crust cooled, then eons of meteor bombardment and of being shaped by the Earth's gravity.

There is nothing unnatural about the photo, although the angled "pyramid" shadow does seem a bit odd we can clearly see that the mountain itself could have occurred naturally and there is nothing to suggest it is artificial. Again people need to come to grips with the awesome power of nature. Shapes and geometry does not mean something is artificial.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Where is the original picture?
It must be on NASA's gallery.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I have no opinion on these moon shadows or anomalies, but it's funny how imagination works sometimes. In your picture you have shadows of an obelisk, a pyramid and... Nefertete
:
(with a horse in the background)

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c99d127e53cd.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 29/1/10 by Movhisattva]

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   
The chilling thing about the tower is what it is used for.To monitor earth with close up telescopes.Every move can be monitored.
It is horrendous.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
If the two objects were created by meteor impacts I have even more questions that cast doubt onto this.

If one anomaly is caused by a meteor impact, it would have almost certainly damaged the pristine condition of the OTHER anomaly.

From my vantage point, the proximity of the two features is very close, and this implies that only one of them could be caused by meteorite impact as this very impact would damage the geometric shape of the OTHER one.

Please do your best to rectify this double meteor crash dilemma , I await answers to these questions.

And the "tower" is on top of a hill, which is kind of the opposite of a meteor crater is it not??

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Imagir
I watched Kaguya taking HD footage of the moon and into this one, "The
KAGUYA taking around central peak of Pythagoras by HDTV [HD]" at 0.40 minute I saw this "Anomaly". It seems a Tower or an huge Antenna that cast a long shadow. Maybe it might isnt that huge, because all depends on angle of the sun, but however it is a really strange anomaly. But besides this "tower" anomaly, there is also a strange effect of shadows on the central peak that leaves shadows perfectly squared. An hidden Pyramid?

Take a look.

Original JAXA footage.

[edit on 29-1-2010 by Imagir]

I did a little research and the Jaxa Kaguya satellite was doing a 1 meter per pixel scan of the surface (pretty good). I'll post links to them saying it and also a 1 meter per pixel grey scale of epcot center so you can get a good idea of how big or small that is. From my perspective that shadow is from an object that is somewhat big, like but not super large.

www.limunltd.com...

news.softpedia.com...

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

So email the question to NASA no one on this site, far as I know, is a moon geology expert.

Could those mountains have formed from a meteorite strike? Could they be from the stretching of the moon's surface as it cooled and Earth's gravity shaped it? I don't know the answer but just because we aren't 100% sure how every little piece of everything got where it is doesn't mean we need wild conclusions or that any old answer will do...

The area looks like it could have occurred naturally to me, nothing stands out screaming aliens or artificial about it but again I'm no expert on lunar geology.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Movhisattva
I've no opinion on these moon shadows or anomalies, but it's funny how imagination works sometimes. In your picture you have shadows of an obelisk, a pyramid and... Nefertete
:
(with a horse in the background)

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c99d127e53cd.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 29/1/10 by Movhisattva]

Holy crap.

Ok...that is crazy dude.

How is this possible coincidence?

It is like the moon is just playing tricks with our eyes now...

I wish the moon would leave us alone.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I know exactly how the Tower got there and no-one is even close..

Google put it there. It's geting ready to show "Moon Rock View" on Google Moon...

Anyone can see that. Soon, Google will Own The Moon..

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Titen-Sxull
I don't know the answer but just because we aren't 100% sure how every little piece of everything got where it is doesn't mean we need wild conclusions or that any old answer will do...

Right, so how dare you reject options 4 and 5.

4) Aliens
5) Ancient Human pre- modern era.

Look I am open to all options.
However I think you are afraid of 4 and 5. Why?

They are no less unreasonable than any other option that abides by the laws of Physics.

Why do you just close yourself off to all possibilities and deny they have any chance??
It is not wild, it does not break the laws of known physics to have intelligent civilization remains on the moon.

They are still options on the table as far as I am concerned.

Unless you can provide a logical reason why it doesn't make any sense.

Just because you do not "like" the options does not discount their Potential.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   

G'day muzzleflash

Regarding your comments, below:

Right, so how dare you reject options 4 and 5.

4) Aliens
5) Ancient Human pre- modern era.

Look I am open to all options.
However I think you are afraid of 4 and 5. Why?

I agree those things are currently options to consider.

However I view those things as extraordinarily distant options that must be expertly & critically tested.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   

I'm not closed off to the possibility but the photo does not suggest anything outside of nature is necessary therefore believing 4 or 5 would be silly. Believing they are possible is one thing but agreeing they are the answer to this mountain and that rock tower just because it's possible? Just about anything is possible but that doesn't mean its likely, plausible, or should be believed.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

There are trillions of galaxies. Quadrillions of stars. Quintillions of planets.

Options 4 and 5 are quite feasible given the situation.

Such things do not require exotic explanations. In fact they are simple explanations.

Option 1) was Erosion - but doesn't quite fit. No atmosphere.
Option 2) was Plate Tectonics- but that would mean all of this is over a billion years old. Unlikely considering the amount of meteor impact craters.
Option 3) is Meteor impacts. But we have to rectify the double meteor dilemma.

Anyone have a option 6 or 7? I am open to other ideas.

Just trying to get my head around this.

I will willfully ignore the "face" for now and lets focus on the "tower" and "pyramid". Just to keep this simple for now...

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Titen-Sxull

I'm not closed off to the possibility but the photo does not suggest anything outside of nature is necessary

I agree.

The emergence of lifeforms is a natural occurrence.

And the development of lifeforms into intelligent space faring civilization is natural as well.

It happened on Earth already...

I am not saying it is the only option.

I am searching for alternatives. But they are difficult to come up with.

I feel stuck honestly....

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
The moon is geologically inactive guys.

Saying the pyramid mountain is caused by plate tectonics is total bunk.

You are just pulling crap outta nowhere lmfao!

There are no plate activity known to us.

Try again , plate tectonics on the moon is fail.

Nice try though, however I actually know how to read and Think.

You're right. There is no plate tectonics on the Moon. That's why most of us said that the angular mountains were formed by center peak uplift during crater formation (during the impact event that created the crater).

In fact, the only time plate tectonics was mentioned was when people said "it cannot be plate tectonics, because the moon has no plate tectonics". So I don't know why your are going off on us. We never said it was plate tectonics. To whom exactly were you directing your post?

One person back on page 2 did say it could be caused by fault blocks (which isn't the same as plate tectonics). But I don't even think a fault block activity would occur on the Moon. As a few of us said already, it seems more likely that it is an uplift peak, which are very common on the Moon.

[edit on 1/29/2010 by Soylent Green Is People]

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join