It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Tower" anomaly in Pythagoras Moon Crater by Kaguya/JAXA

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I watched Kaguya taking HD footage of the moon and into this one, "The
KAGUYA taking around central peak of Pythagoras by HDTV [HD]" at 0.40 minute I saw this "Anomaly". It seems a Tower or an huge Antenna that cast a long shadow. Maybe it might isnt that huge, because all depends on angle of the sun, but however it is a really strange anomaly. But besides this "tower" anomaly, there is also a strange effect of shadows on the central peak that leaves shadows perfectly squared. An hidden Pyramid?

Take a look.

Original JAXA footage.

[edit on 29-1-2010 by Imagir]

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Awesome find!

I am very impressed. When you move the photo to the right side, it clearly shows a perfect angles.

Very pyramid like.

Again, Impressive find!

[edit on 29-1-2010 by muzzleflash]

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Thanks muzzleflash.

Perhaps also Jaxa is forced to alter the real Kaguya's images...

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Just throwing it out there... could it be natural balaced rock as show below? They can be quite tall...

www.grandcountyutah.net...

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
The angle appears to be much wider than the angle of the great Pyramid in Egypt.

Found of pic for comparison in case anyone is interested.

farm4.static.flickr.com...

If it is indeed a pyramid structure, it must be quite large to require this angle. It looks like 95-100degrees. From the capstone's vantage point I mean.

I hope I conveyed that idea decently.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by SuperSlovak
Just throwing it out there... could it be natural balaced rock as show below? They can be quite tall...

You did not scroll the photo over to the Right.

Please do, and you will see the shadow of a massive pyramid style "something".

It is actually mind blowing. Now, explain how nature caused that??

I am guessing the only decent debunking will revolve around
1) Claims of photoshop fakery. (The photo looks legit though)
2) Photo artifact (Doesn't look like an artifact to me)

But there is really very little chance of anyone making a decent argument that these shadow angles are caused by Natural formations. It is too precise and the lines are perfectly straight.

The minor deviations can be attributed to the curvature of the mountain which the shadow is being cast upon.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperSlovak

That kind of formation occurs from weathering erosion of the softer material around the "tower". Can't imagine what might cause that type of weathering erosion on the Moon. However, I think that the Hoagland "towers" may just be Plageoclase plugs but again I couldn't explain how the erosion occured.

Good catch OP...
S&F

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by SuperSlovak

As you surely know, the rocks in your image they are put molding on by atmospheric agents for million years like RAIN and WIND. And at the moment, and I emphasize, at the moment, of Rain and Wind has not been still uncovered on the Moon.

Perhaps in the next weeks.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
IMO Pythagoras looks way too rugged at the sunlit/shadow area to cast such a perfectly straight line as seen in the right angle shadow that we see in the photo. Something seems weird there.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I have a strong feeling that the Moon, Luna, does not have enough mass to create the gravity necessary for a significant atmosphere.

Therefore Wind and Rain are totally implausible.

In fact, I think saying "erosion caused it" is 100x more unrealistic and silly than simply saying "Holy crap that is a Pyramid??!"

But then again, it seems any debunking is focusing on the "tower" although the "Pyramid" is way more interesting and amazing.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
28 seconds into the video looks interesting too..

Nice find.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
I have a strong feeling that the Moon, Luna, does not have enough mass to create the gravity necessary for a significant atmosphere.

Therefore Wind and Rain are totally implausible.

In fact, I think saying "erosion caused it" is 100x more unrealistic and silly than simply saying "Holy crap that is a Pyramid??!"

But then again, it seems any debunking is focusing on the "tower" although the "Pyramid" is way more interesting and amazing.

Only problem is that there's no Pyramid visible, just shadowplay. The shadow seems to indicate a pyramid like object is casting it, but.... if the pyramid is in front of the hill, between the sun and the shadow, why isn't the shadow cast upon the hill as well?

Unless I'm seeing this wrong...

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Just going to throw my observation out there for you all..
Perhaps I', imagining what I am seeing but I will let you be the judge.

I have brightened up the image a bit and outlined what we can see on the daylight side in red.

The blue lines are an estimation only of the possible mirror image that is in the shade.. Notice that there are two distinct shadows on the dark side which appears to have a crest running between them.

The yellow line is the shadow of the globe type object located at north of structure.

If this structure is a complete mirror image of itself then we may be looking at something way above what we have seen before. I wonder how long it will be before all the mathematicians come along and compare this object to the pyramid structures near the face on Mars?

I'm quite amazed by this structure.. ok, it might be possible that it formed naturally, as crystyals do...but if so, that's one big crystal.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f809c2dd7848.png[/atsimg]

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anamnesis
[ if the pyramid is in front of the hill, between the sun and the shadow, why isn't the shadow cast upon the hill as well?

I think that "hill" is causing the anomalous shadow.

So that "hill" is the pyramid. But how can a "hill" have such incredible angles?

Never seen anything natural like that in my whole life, until today.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperSlovak

Nice find OP.

Anything is possible SuperSlovak, but it goes without saying that the forces and elements that created those sandstone pillars on Earth are absent on the moon, so it could not have been created by similar means.

That's not to say a meteorite didn't or couldn't smash into the moon (or a bomb for that matter) with such force and energy that subsurface rocks are hurled up and come back down at weird angles.

Or of course, it's always possible it's artificial in origin too.

BTW, i find the straight, symmetrical shadows interesting - but i'm talking about the tall thin 'tower' like object nestled in the gully next to the 'east' side of the pyramid like object.

[edit on 29/1/2010 by spikey]

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Extralien
Just going to throw my observation out there for you all..
Perhaps I', imagining what I am seeing but I will let you be the judge.

I have brightened up the image a bit and outlined what we can see on the daylight side in red.

The blue lines are an estimation only of the possible mirror image that is in the shade.. Notice that there are two distinct shadows on the dark side which appears to have a crest running between them.

The yellow line is the shadow of the globe type object located at north of structure.

If this structure is a complete mirror image of itself then we may be looking at something way above what we have seen before. I wonder how long it will be before all the mathematicians come along and compare this object to the pyramid structures near the face on Mars?

I'm quite amazed by this structure.. ok, it might be possible that it formed naturally, as crystyals do...but if so, that's one big crystal.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f809c2dd7848.png[/atsimg]

Amazing job!

Thanks. really!

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Extralien

It not only "might be" natural it is nearly certain it is natural.

I don't get your crystals reference and I've collected and studied mineral specimens since the age of 9, including taking numerous University level courses in Geology. Blocky forms in natural formations are extremely common, particularly in Basalts. There is nothing unusual in this photo no matter how much you wish there were. Making the evidence fit the theory is practiced way to often on this topic, cheapening it.

Also the sun angle on this is clearly very steep, so if that "antenna" is on the edge of a slope it could actually be very short. Shadows are not hard to understand if a person wants to understand them.

The graphic below shows 11 identical cylinders. The light angle is not even very steep and yet you see the difference in shadow lengths depending on the slope the shadow is cast upon.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ddb62f01db87.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

This is not on how long is that "thing" (and by the way it seems however huge) but on its shape: a long and thin "thing" that emerges from the ground and stands out on the lunar surface.

A Tall Cylinder, and Perfecly squared angles shadows casted by the tallest peak in that crater.... on the Moon.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
It is naturally angular. That might be why it is named after Pythagoras. Still, the 'towers' seem out of place.

en.wikipedia.org...

Although generally circular, the crater outline has a hexagonal form. The floor is flattened, but with an irregular, hilly surface. There is evidence of landslips around the periphery. In the center is a sharp, mountainous rise with a double peak that ascends 1.5 kilometers above the crater floor.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Originally posted by Anamnesis
[ if the pyramid is in front of the hill, between the sun and the shadow, why isn't the shadow cast upon the hill as well?

I think that "hill" is causing the anomalous shadow.

So that "hill" is the pyramid. But how can a "hill" have such incredible angles?

Never seen anything natural like that in my whole life, until today.

I think Extralien has cleared it up... very nice work investigating the image a little further. Still a little bit puzzling though. I'm familiar w/natural Pyramid shaped formations here on Terra but again, those are formed by wind erosion mostly...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join