It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You can only reply if you joined pre-2006

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by zoso28

You're old!

Darn it, I postered therefore I failed!

Btw, did you ever find bigfoot?

Man, that is the kinda thread that makes me wish I was here in 2005.

Aaaanyhoot, always nice to see a oldie, even if he did pop in just to have a ittle fun at our expense.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Never said it sucked now or that people who joined after I did never contributed. Bottom line is that the attitude and ethics have changed dramatically since about 06 in my opinion and was looking for the opinions of others who were here before that time.

And yet, still waiting for a reply that follows the guidelines of the thread. Maybe "newbie" was the wrong word to use and sent this thread in a negative direction. But if you think about it, if you guys who responded who are all post 06 had not responded, this thread would have just died and gone away.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Definately a HAARP/LHC/GFL/MK Ulltra induced opening post.

Don't believe me? Just google Japanese moth cake.

The proof is all there.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by LordBucket

Thank you

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 01:40 AM
link   
What could be the purpose of this thread other than to stir up trouble and upset others? I think we should try to focus on the here and now and not worry too much about the recent past.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Silly old git here from '03.

Stars, Flags and Threads started means ZIP. Unless you see those things as indicators of self-worth, but even then I will still see them as meaningless trinkets.

Participation is important, as is Manners and Thinking before typing.

There are a lot of newbies lately, and some of those write bullsplop, but I expect those are more than likely young ones.. remember when you were like that, I do.

Here is my take on forum rules as they should be.....

Go gently amid the noise and barbs of forums, speak clearly, don't mumble while chewing your food, wash your hands, learn to spell properly (lose is not loose) and don't take yourself too seriously, or me either for that matter.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 01:42 AM
link   
I have to agree wit the guy wit all green and red..

Back in the day there was content more than posts...

People put alot of thought into what they were posting and why they were posting.. Now everything is a few lines of something they found online and crap talk about it..

There are a few good people still on here.. In Nothing we Trust is a good one.. he posted here in last page.. Loam is a really good one..

Others I cant think off the top of my head, I dont play around on here much except when I am bored and nothing to do or thinking what i plan on doing here or... Killing time...

Before this used to be the place to get useful clean uncut info about everything from Aliens, to 9/11, to autism.. Now its just garbage mostly...

Actually I think i come here out of habit.. Like smoking or sex or drugs.. once you start you cant stop unless you goto rehab or something...

[edit on 1/29/2010 by ThichHeaded]

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by stalphos

Perhaps it's a little attempt at the old moth to the flame experiment ...

[edit on 29 Jan 2010 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by heffo7

I've been meaning to ask what happened to some of
the more prevalent posters like RFBurns and Questioningall.

People tend to come and go over the years. The names I think of as "prominant poster" aren't the same names I would have thought of a year ago.

Questioningall last logged on October 11, 2009. Registered October 16, 2008. Her last posts were in this thread about FEMA trains.

RFBurns joined January 6, 2008 and last logged on March 27, 2009. Final posts were in this thread about NASA footage.

prevalent posters

Both have only about a year of ATS membership. They might just be taking a break. Check back in six months. They might come back.

[edit on 29-1-2010 by LordBucket]

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 01:45 AM
link   
I've been here for a while. I don't check the site as often as I once did. It seems like a lot of BTS stories and general chat has taken over in the main forum. However I'm sure all of the extra people helped to pay the bills (via more advertising revenue) to keep this site free and running so I'm not complaining. There are still some interesting stories on here even though it seems like there are a lot more less thought out posts injected into almost every thread.

[edit on 29-1-2010 by orionthehunter]

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Actually before you poo-poo on that thread you should read it. Thats the kind of decorum that used to exist, ATSers engaging other ATSers in conversation about an unexplained or mysterious topic. No name calling, no mods having to edit. Just a civil discussion

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 01:48 AM
link   
I'm fairly new to ATS, but I love the forum and the site is loaded with information that keeps me interested and the postings certainly do draw me back to the site.

There's lots of forums out there, but this one is much more appealing with it's vast chambers of open minded discussion and the flow of information is never ending.

Generally find out things long before any of my friends and family do thanks to the site.

What have I contributed? Jack... But I like it here.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by zoso28

Yeah, I actually read it and I was thinking the same thing to tell you the truth.

Also, in all honesty I appreciate what you're saying though perhaps you could have phrased it a little gentler. Perhaps that is another difference, being an avid reader of old ATS threads, peeps seemed to be a little less easily offended.

Meh, it's a different world and I'm sure the place is nothing like the old days ... nothing ever is really, to expect anything different is setting one's self up for recurring disappointment.

To be fair, there are loads of incredibly intelligent members and a heap of informative/entertaining content ... as with the internet in general, it takes a little longer to get to it. Personally I find the effort more than worth it.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 01:57 AM
link   
insults?? agendas???

dont tell me ATS is out to take over the world too?!?!

seriously no point on making this topic. things change

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Point taken

la2

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 01:59 AM
link   
some of the new members can offer an alternate point of view, i say everyone is welcome, because we will always get some bad apples, but its always good to hear a new opinion when its put right.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 02:04 AM
link   
I've been a member of ATS since early 2005, but i lost the password and email account for my other screen name and could not retrieve it. I don't post a lot because I'm not one to quickly jump into every thread and state my thoughts about it.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Well I barely squeeked in before 2006, but I have checked in almost everyday since then. I used to think the quality of the discussions had decreased over the years but realized there was just so much more to pick through.

It is still a good place to get information, but it is up to the reader to do their research and make sure what they are getting is correct information. It is always good have new blood around.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 02:09 AM
link   
I know I don't belong here, but I'm just gonna settle right on in.
And just so you know, just cause a person joins on a certain date that doesn't mean that's the exact date he got interested in the subject. I for instance joined just a couple of days ago, but I have been researching these subjects since I was nine years old back in 1999. It's not when they joined that matters but what material they can bring to the table. Times change, things change, accept it.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Well I remember the 9-11 threads back in '04 were a lot more challenging with the likes of Howard Roark to contend with....

[edit on 1/29/2010 by ANOK]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join