It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You can only reply if you joined pre-2006

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Is it just me or is everyone who participates a newbie? Where are all the old members who can remember when ATS was great? Before all the insults and agendas? Can we reign this in and get the site back on track?

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Oh yeah, you joined one month before 2006 so you're in the exclusive old boy's club where the grass was greener and everyone was smarter.

Don't mind how I'm breaking your "you can't post" rule. Frankly, I don't care. If I try to bring good discussion into topics, it shouldn't matter when I joined.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Thank you for proving my point

This is too easy

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Allright I'll play.

I'm not pre-2006 either but I would like to know why you believe that membership was better way back before 2006?

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 01:15 AM
link   
It's pretty obvious that the OP is baiting other users to engage in an argument with him, and since most current users on ATS came here after 2005, he can write off any and all logical responses he gets with "That's what I thought." as if being here for any length of time amounts to something. It's not how long you've been on ATS, but what you have contributed and learned, that makes it worthwhile.

Nevertheless, I'd love to see somebody who joined in 2004 come in here.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 01:17 AM
link   
I did not insult you any more than you insulted most ATS'ers by claiming that it hasn't been 'great' for the past four years. I see usernames from as far back as 2004 still participating.

Your general complaint does no good in making ATS 'better', when taking the initiative and starting a new topic would actually be a start. It's like you want to build an army of 'old ATS'ers' to *save* this new version of the site! Come on.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 01:20 AM
link   
I'm an 06' model, and there have been a lot of insults and agendas the entire time I have been around.

I kinda think things are improving a little.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Bizmyth

I wasnt trying to offend, but you took offense anyway. I was looking for responses from those who were here in what I consider were ATS's better days. The title clearly states I am looking for responses from those who were here in those days. Yet, the only ones to respond joined after 2006, and did so with a negative slant, therefore fortifying my statements.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   
It's not when you joined. It's HOW you contribute.

What does it matter anyway? You joined in nov 05 and only have 100 flags and around the same amount of posts as me when i joined in October 09' (after lurking for a good while), so you can't be that involved in the site to want to look back on the 'good old days'

Sorry for replying. I'm a rebel that way ;p

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Lets see here...

You have been on for How long, and what have you contributed? Im looking at your profile and it seems pretty slim. I keep looking and I see that you have 3 friends, where is your "Old School" community at? You have ZERO foes, which tells me you are probably still wet behind the ears when it comes to debating people. Its an HONOR to have FOES on this site. =).
you also have started (29) threads.
994 replies
293 POSTS
4 Applauses.

WOW. I seen more comming from these newbies you talk about than I do you.

Just sayin- Not an ATS old Schooler, But Im still Old School.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 01:25 AM
link   
I'm a 2006 joiner, but longer time lurker before joining.

I've been meaning to ask what happened to some of the more prevalent posters like RFBurns and Questioningall. QA had conclusions that weren't always popular, but the content of the threads she posted were always thought provoking.

Did they get hounded out? Anybody able to enlighten me?

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Thats exactly what I'm looking for.

Keep it coming

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Double-post.... bad net connection.... please remove mods ~_~

[edit on 29-1-2010 by Havoc40k]

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 01:28 AM
link   
No Offense to the OP from my side either, but your point is wasted. You believe that everybody who joined past the 1st of January 2006 cares nothing for ATS?

What about semperfortis, our newest SUPER-mod?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

He joined up:

I believe my point is made...

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by heffo7
Did they get hounded out? Anybody able to enlighten me?

I can only speak of 9/11 forum people on this.. old school ones.. Like Griff and a few others..

They were baited by OS believers and lost.

BTW pre 05 here.

[edit on 1/29/2010 by ThichHeaded]

[edit on 1/29/2010 by ThichHeaded]

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by zoso28

What did you plan to accomplish with this?
Yes, this site has changed. It seems to me, that it has for the better, if what I have to compare it to is you. Im glad this site is the way it is now.
You have to drop your old ways man, life is passing you by.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 01:30 AM
link   
...... and, the countdown to a move to BTS Rants is on.
See ya there.

p.s. have a S/F and a cookie.
Cheers.

[edit on 29-1-2010 by LadySkadi]

link   
This same mentality can be noticed in every community. The first ones feel they were something else. Times change and the oldschoolers don't want em to.

I get it, i have been there and done that. That was in my late teens. Now a few years older i can see the errors in my ways.

And sorry for not following your rule. (TBH threads like this one should be locked, nothing productive can follow)

[edit on 29-1-2010 by above]

link   
reply to post by zoso28

You can only reply if you joined pre-2006

Ok.

Is it just me or is everyone who participates a newbie? Where are all the old members who can remember when ATS was great?

I don't think new-ness is an issue so much as the rate and quantity at which new members joined. Usually when a culture gains new memebrs, it can assimilate them into the culture...but if the newcomers come to quickly and too many...the newer newcomers see the recent newcomers and accept their not-quite-yet-assimilated behaviors and accept those as the norm instead of the older culture. And of course, the newer members see their half-assimilated state and think it's always been that way...so they don't know what you're talking about.

Same thing happened when the internet becae popular. A lot of the older internet culture died out.

Before all the insults and agendas?

I'll grant you that things did seem more polite and there were fewer idiots in 2005 but personally it was more like 2008 that I really started noticing the difference. But I'm sure it was a gradual process over years, so it would be difficult to pintpoint an exact date.

Can we reign this in and get the site back on track?

Nope. Not any more than you can give land back to US natives and expect life to go back to the way it was. Even if you give the land back...it would still be different.

Cultures change. "Going back" isn't usually an option.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   
There's only one club here on ATS and that is the Whingers and Complainers CLUB of which the OP is president..

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join