It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul on State of the Union

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Even though Obama is a most eloquent speaker, and made it all seem so peachy.

YES WE CAN

The meat and potatoes of the Speech are discussed by RP, and he tells it as it is.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Sean48

The only Politican I will shamelessly bump

RP for the win.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Sean48

His best point was his last one. The government cannot function without inflation because it will not be able to pay back its debt.

A deflated dollar means a higher level of debt for government and more buying power for the people that need it. A stagnated dollar means, as the government takes on more debt, it will be harder to pay off and buying power will stay the same.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I wish people would see this guy is the only man in politics that is honest. WHY CAN'T PEOPLE SEE THAT?

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by djbj597922
I wish people would see this guy is the only man in politics that is honest. WHY CAN'T PEOPLE SEE THAT?

Philosophical differences. What some people see, others don't. Just because RP connects with you and others, doesn't make him right...just right in your eyes. I like RP, but think he is too controversial...not to mention that it seems like he is metamorphosing into a Fox News puppet.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Actually people are, hes been booked for a lot of appearances here lately.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Too bad Faux News crapped all over RP and made him out to be crazy during the 2008 Republican Presidential Primaries.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Dr.Paul made a great point the government needs a devalued currency and the inflation that comes with it.The spending freeze is just window dressing as one poster said on a previous thread it's a poison pill just in case Obama does not get a second term,not that it matters in the long run since the Office of The President of the US has become a joke and the holder of the office is a puppet.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Ignorance is bliss... that's why.

The 2-party leaders and their freakish cult followers don't like to hear they are overspending, war mongering, monopoly money printing, foreign policy failures.. that the 2 party US political system has shattered the nations rudder and we're all hopelessly circling histories drain of crumbled empires.

They prefer to hear their dear party leader smiles out carefully scripted talking point "happy talk" obfuscations about how their cult, under the leadership their beloved dear leader, is the best thing to happen to earth since sunshine and everything is going to be a-okay... just go to work, don't think, don't question.. and to the exclusion of all else: keep producing (if you even have a job).

top topics

join